Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,628 members, 7,889,012 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:24 PM

5 Tips On How To Keep Your Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Tips On How To Keep Your Man (854 Views)

If You Go To Bed Like This Your Man Deserves A Side Chick. / Tips On Saving Your Drowning Marriage As A Woman / Should Your Man Tell You He Cheated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips On How To Keep Your Man by Penstef(f): 5:13pm On Feb 05, 2013
Hello and happy Valentine’s Day in advance.

Tired of getting dumped?! Well, the answer is finally here! in MANY words i am gonna be giving u tips on how to keep YOUR man. Emphasis on 'YOUR' because one mistake women usually make is trying to keep another woman's man.

Common misconceptions of this topic
• The following tips are not based on how to GET a man (dnt get it twisted)
• They are not based on how 2 get promoted from being a man's side chic 2 his main chic (although there is a slim chance following these tips may work---if his main chic is dulling)
• Keeping ur man doesn’t necessarily mean you are going to stop him from cheating or flirting a bit, it simply means where ever he goes, he'll always come ‘home’.
• The tips are not arranged in order of importance, all tips r equally important
• BJ n Rolling in the hay shall be carefully omitted thank u very much cheesy

5 TIPS ON HOW TO KEEP YOUR MAN

UNDERSTAND YOUR MAN:
Develop a solid understanding of your man, what he loves to do, talk about, WHEN he wants 2 talk (i swear some ladies don’t know when 2 talk *face palm*), things that fascinate him (kudos 2 d ladies who watch football with their boo-- trust me he knows u hate football and is impressed u'd go out of ur way that much for him)
Real men are always under pressure so they appreciate and will do anything to be around a woman who they know will ease that stress. A great understanding of your man will make you that woman all the time.

KNOW YOUR PLACE:
This point is also for your own good so you don’t die of hypertension. When you know your place in a man’s heart thirsty girls won’t scare you. You won’t go about embarrassing yourself and looking desperate by checking his texts, mails, picking his calls, collecting his twitter password at gunpoint, sniffing his boxers *ok hold up…wha?!!!* ….haaaayyyyyy whats this one saying? I shouldn’t protect my man Of course you should! But please observe some chill while at it. Show jealousy but not insecurity. Men feel flattered when their woman shows jealousy but feel smothered when she turns 2 a stalker. Be confident of your place (my sister if by now u don’t know your place in his heart and in the relationship, you are a side chic)……NEXT!!!!

BE BEAUTIFUL:
Being beautiful is not just about make-up, looking brighter than your future or how you were born to look like. It’s also about the way you carry yourself, the way you talk, dress and SMELL-your inner n outer beauty. Your man wants to brag about you…plus, beauty attracts.

GET BUSY BUT NOT TOO BUSY FOR HIM
Every real man (not those azonto boys) wants a hard working woman. If you don’t have a job, find something to, get enrolled in some form of training or even read constructive novels, read your books if you are a student (I am not subbing female twitter celebs. Thanks). No man wants to call you in the evening and hear “nothing” everyday. Do something, learn something new, educate yourself, keep up with the times
When you are busy being responsible you avoid the following
• Nagging
• Ho-ing
• Losing your respect
• Being boring (most times)
• Etc …….
These notwithstanding, you should have time for your man. Give him attention, shower him with affection, compliment him regularly (yes, wash him not his boxers), surprise him with gifts, make him feel important (allow him win arguments sometime-LOL)

ALLOW FOR INDIVIDUALITY
In as much as you always want to be around him, hold him, hear him laugh bla bla bla, please give him some space. Don’t be too clingy as Men HATE this with a passion.
Develop yourself continuously, do not love him to the point where your personality gets lost in his i.e don’t be a shadow of your man.
Give room for personal growth and watch your relationship grow

I hope this works for you. Please don’t forget to leave your comments below.
Re: 5 Tips On How To Keep Your Man by Jellitah: 11:06am On Feb 07, 2013
Make sure you let him 'roam' free!
If you show you are needy. . .like some NAIRALANDERS WE KNOW. . . . wink YOU WILL LOSE 'IM!
Always keep a few correct loaded ex-boyfriends here and there! TO KEEP HIM ON HIS TOES.

Time for last rounds. . . .less than 2 hours to close!
PAY DAY IS HERE. . . A QUICK CALL TO MY DARLING HUSBAND. . . NO WIDOW'OOD! wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do If Your Girlfriend Slap Your Mum? / A Gay Man Can Turn Straight? Antoine Dobson Says He's Expecting A Baby With Gf / Test Every Nigerian Parent Should Give Their Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.