Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,416 members, 7,881,524 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:18 PM

Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? (13209 Views)

APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Symphony007: 10:09am On Feb 06, 2013
It will be lovely to see the fist-cuffs and in fighting over this..now we're withnessing the cumbaya moment.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by okposenxavier: 10:11am On Feb 06, 2013
cheesy

denden....new episode
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Walexz02(m): 10:13am On Feb 06, 2013
I still dont know why! And they themselves can not give a reason why they dont want to vote Gen.Buhari?
@OP.....
Buhari/Fashola or
Buhari/Rochas
Anyting short of Buhari? Uhmmmm!
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by achi4u(m): 10:16am On Feb 06, 2013
abeg make una stop mentioning Buhari and Tinibu they are old hang.

Think of Fashola/Rochas
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Jarus(m): 10:17am On Feb 06, 2013
I am a big fan of Buhari, for his anti-corruption and discipline credential.

However, old age may not be a good advantage for him.

Next that comes to my mind is Fashola, for his performance record.

Option 1

Buhari/Fashola: While Buhari faces the corruption/indiscipline cankerworm, sanitizing public sector, Fashola can face the administration and day-to-day developmental projects. He also brings intellectualism to the table.

Selling point: Sanitization/performance togetheer
Snag: Where is the place of South-East, which due to political fairness, is due for either of those positions?

Option 2
Fashola/Ribadu: If age puts Buhari off the options, then we can make do with Ribadu, a mini-Buhari, to take care of the corruption/indiscipline aspect, while Fashola does the work.

Merit: Performance/sanitization together
Snag: Where is the place of Igbos again?

Option 3
Fashola/Rochas: If we must find a space for our SE brothers for political fairness then Rochas is who comes to my mind.

Highpoint: Pacifies those that don't want Hausa/Fulani again; pacifies Igbos; guaranteed performance from Fashola
Snag: Fighting corruption is postponed to another day, but Fashola is trusted to bring some level of discipline.

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by kfreak(m): 10:18am On Feb 06, 2013
undecided.... Mhn itx rily funny hw pple tend 2 insult odrz wen dey post.. As 4me.. 2 d pple supportn ds merger party.. I jus ve 2 say sumtn.. "get a lyf" losers.... Merger my foot.. Buhari dat old man.. Hs m8 OBJ & IBB hv stopd all dz.. Bt stil he stil kip pushn.. Same man dat sayn youths r d leader of 2mrw bt stl yet hes stl campaign'n at hs age.. Dn wn wuld dat 2mrw evr cum.. PDP would stl rule... Check awt wat d PDP govnors did in dier st8s.. Uduagan,akapabio,nigerst8 govnor,kaduna st8 govnor.. Bt luk at cpc.. Mhn wat a pity... Dey'r so goin down.. Im so nt happy i wont b around 2 vote cos i'l b in skool[ghana]... Bt stl yt.. My family vote counts 4 PDP.. I guess 50family membrz votes wuld sure count... PDP..
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by truelovecom: 10:18am On Feb 06, 2013
Demdem:

u are wrong. ur inflated figures coupled with signifiant numbers all over the country made him win the election. igbo votes alone cant give the seat to anyone. get that to ur brain.

If the south east didnt rig the election in 2011 , Goodluck wouldnt have been president today. 40% of Goodluck votes came from the rigged election in south east... I know that south east popullation alone ,can make anyone president.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Demdem(m): 10:19am On Feb 06, 2013
Walexz02: I still dont know why! And they themselves can not give a reason why they dont want to vote Gen.Buhari?
@OP.....
Buhari/Fashola or
Buhari/Rochas

the sincere and downtrodden that has suffered for years who are in the majority and also few honest privileged few have no issues with Buhari. However the wicked, corrupt, evil, killers, murderers and their miserable kind that are currently profiting from the current satanic system headed by the retardeen surely have issues with it. Whatever reasons they may have, isnt it obvious that its a selfish one? All these ones will surely go on exile when Buhari emerges president however thats not the end of the road for them, we will make sure they are all crated back to Nigeria to face justice.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by princeFAD: 10:19am On Feb 06, 2013
In my own opinion,I think teh best combination would be Buhari/Oshiomole.Buhari would gather the northern votes.Oshiomole has gained popular support both in south west and south south.And with his popularity in the labour union,I can bet that this guy(Oshiomole)wud attract alot of votes

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by 9jaIhail(m): 10:21am On Feb 06, 2013
Demdem:

The truth is after our return to democracy in 1999 which is our basis here, the south has had the presidency for more than 11yrs now while North 2yrs or so. Nothing is wrong if power returns to the North also. it doesnt mean they are superior. its like u saying now that OBJ and current retardeen are on the seat, the North is inferior now. Abegii, broaden ur mind. These country belongs to us all, ur hatred of them cant change that. By the way, i am a proud southerner.

My friend the way you reason i call it slave mentality. All these years north have ruled the country without remembering that the country belongs to we all,Anyway i have nothing to do with Nigeria politics, i careless who rule because they are all the same, i was only shock to see the post from GBAWE
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by achi4u(m): 10:21am On Feb 06, 2013
Walexz02: I still dont know why! And they themselves can not give a reason why they dont want to vote Gen.Buhari?
@OP.....
Buhari/Fashola or
Buhari/Rochas
my brother na fear of the unknown...to me Buhari/fashola would've be a perfect match but majority of people are too apprehensive about Buhari.
And again the man don old sha while people needs fresh blood.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by JuniorSali: 10:24am On Feb 06, 2013
Rochas/Fashola
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Demdem(m): 10:24am On Feb 06, 2013
Jarus: I am a big fan of Buhari, for his anti-corruption and discipline credential.

Age is a factor no doubt but not a serious one in my opinion. Afterall, the current head of govt in India (a BRIC Nation) seems to be older than him. besides, what has the young so far given to us? how encouraging as it been so far. fashola is cool but Buhari is also needed strategically for the numbers he will bring in. Anointing anyone on his behalf cant be the same as he himself in terms of the figures that will come in. I will like him to go for a term and let Fashola takes over. The truth is for u to defeat the killer party, u need those that can bring in the numbers in the polls. Buhari will surely do that even if its screwed to a particular section.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by franchizy(m): 10:25am On Feb 06, 2013
ritux: If Fashola is a Muslim, then Buhari/Fashola ticket will never see the light of the day.

That aside, i dont see this merger working because of the over bloated egos of the heavy weights from the different parties.

Please there is an MOU between the Merger Parties and it will be signed, sealed and endorsed in d Court. I see no reason why the merger won't work with the MOU.
So stop dreaming please
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by MadCow1: 10:26am On Feb 06, 2013
Let us look at their most likely candidates;

1. BUHARI: This is the alliances strongest candidate. Nigerians however, have not forgotten his famous comments such as;

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country,"

"It is a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria, to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly , and to educate non-Muslims that they have nothing to fear,"

"What remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts, educate Muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of Sharia law,"

On Boko Haram he said: “Since the leaders now don’t listen to anybody but do whatever they wish, there is nothing the North can do.”

“If what happened in 2011 (alleged rigging) should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.’’

The man is practically a loose cannon.

To be continued...

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Demdem(m): 10:27am On Feb 06, 2013
truelove.com:

If the south east didnt rig the election in 2011 , Goodluck wouldnt have been president today. 40% of Goodluck votes came from the rigged election in south east... I know that south east popullation alone ,can make anyone president.

That is the koko.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by kfreak(m): 10:27am On Feb 06, 2013
Jarus: I am a big fan of Buhari, for his anti-corruption and discipline credential.

Option 1

Buhari/Fashola: While Buhari faces the corruption/indiscipline cankerworm, sanitizing public sector, Fashola can face the administration and day-to-day developmental projects. He also brings intellectualism to the table.

Snag: Where is the place of South-East, which due to political fairness, is due for either of those positions?

Option 2
Fashola/Ribadu: If age puts Buhari off the options, then we can make do with Ribadu, a mini-Buhari, to take care of the corruption/indiscipline aspect, while Fashola does the work.

Option 3
Fashola/Rochas: If we must find a space for our SE brothers for political fairness then Rochas is who comes to my mind.

Highpoint: Pacifies those that don't want Hausa/Fulani again; pacifies Igbos; guaranteed performance from Fashola
Snag: Fighting corruption is postponed to another day, but Fashola is trusted to bring some level of discipline.
grin

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

fashola.. Hmmm.. I luv wat hes doin in lagos.. Bt lyk seriously do u think hes dat popular in d west.. Chek awt ondo.. ACN lost 2 labour.. Y?? Cos dey'r losn ground der.. Hmm.. Do u tink lagosians wuld want fashola again aftr makn many pple lyk miserable wt strict rules.. Guess wat?.. Nigerians dont want such.. "no byks".. Chk it awt.. U dont hv a car,d bus is filld up.. No byk.. Watelse.. U l8 4 an appointmnt.. U hv no choice dan 2 trek.. Gosh!.. Hw wuld lyf b.. Hmmmm.. TINK ABOUT IT... #word
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 06, 2013
Mad Cow: Let us look at their most likely candidates;

1. BUHARI: This is the alliances strongest candidate. Nigerians however, have not forgotten his famous comments such as;

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country,"

"It is a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria, to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly , and to educate non-Muslims that they have nothing to fear,"

"What remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts, educate Muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of Sharia law,"

On Boko Haram he said: “Since the leaders now don’t listen to anybody but do whatever they wish, there is nothing the North can do.”

“If what happened in 2011 (alleged rigging) should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.’’

The man is practically a loose cannon.

To be continued...

You try.

We understand you gotta eat, but WE DONT BELIEVE YOU, YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE.

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Demdem(m): 10:30am On Feb 06, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

My friend the way you reason i call it slave mentality. All these years north have ruled the country without remembering that the country belongs to we all,Anyway i have nothing to do with Nigeria politics, i careless who rule because they are all the same, i was only shock to see the post from GBAWE

when u decide to stop living in the past and face present realities, come back and lets talk. slave mentality my foot
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Walexz02(m): 10:33am On Feb 06, 2013
achi4u: my brother na fear of the unknown...to me Buhari/fashola would've be a perfect match but majority of people are too apprehensive about Buhari.
And again the man don old sha while people needs fresh blood.

This is not a matter of being old brother, GEJ is young,what has he done? Besides, Buhari can serve for only one term,( we really need that man).
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by SirElaw(m): 10:37am On Feb 06, 2013
peckhamboi: Buhari/Fashola

Mark my words.
wont work
dey r both muslims
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by achi4u(m): 10:41am On Feb 06, 2013
kfreak: grin fashola.. Hmmm.. I luv wat hes doin in lagos.. Bt lyk seriously do u think hes dat popular in d west.. Chek awt ondo.. ACN lost 2 labour.. Y?? Cos dey'r losn ground der.. Hmm.. Do u tink lagosians wuld want fashola again aftr makn many pple lyk miserable wt strict rules.. Guess wat?.. Nigerians dont want such.. "no byks".. Chk it awt.. U dont hv a car,d bus is filld up.. No byk.. Watelse.. U l8 4 an appointmnt.. U hv no choice dan 2 trek.. Gosh!.. Hw wuld lyf b.. Hmmmm.. TINK ABOUT IT... #word
can you please help us with normal writing so we can enjoy reading your post?.

thank you

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Chanchit: 10:41am On Feb 06, 2013
musiwa10: Chanchit, why do you think someone else can not win lagos. i will win lagos.. i own lagos like my hand..

i will beat goodluck Jonathan in a free and fair election.. Goodluck will not pick 6 state.. he is only sure of bayelsa state.. if i run against him. I speak igbo. I will be the next president if i run against him. if you dont believe me, go and do a lie detector test for goodluck jonathan, that why goodluck close down the canada and USA embassy and shut the border in 2011. he knows he would not win against me..

i die fighting , any onlooker is either a coward or traitor

*look left, look right*
*look up, look down*
*run underbed, then whisper*
#Fashola, is that you..? Abi na Buhari..?#
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Chanchit: 10:41am On Feb 06, 2013
musiwa10: Chanchit, why do you think someone else can not win lagos. i will win lagos.. i own lagos like my hand..

i will beat goodluck Jonathan in a free and fair election.. Goodluck will not pick 6 state.. he is only sure of bayelsa state.. if i run against him. I speak igbo. I will be the next president if i run against him. if you dont believe me, go and do a lie detector test for goodluck jonathan, that why goodluck close down the canada and USA embassy and shut the border in 2011. he knows he would not win against me..

i die fighting , any onlooker is either a coward or traitor
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by MadCow1: 10:42am On Feb 06, 2013
No Igbo man living outside Imo State and parts of Abia wil vote for Rochas Okorocha. And even Rochas cant deliver 60% of Imo talkless of the entire east.

Ask for the south-south, it belongs to Jonathan and PDP.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by kessyur: 10:45am On Feb 06, 2013
homesteady:

Bros u no need rack ur brain. We Igbos will massively vote for fashola as VP. We are here in lagos and our pple at yonder are not blind that de can't see what Reformer Fash is doing.
We will embrace a bb/fash ticket. In as much as we appreciate our performing guv Rochas, one cannot ignore d facts we see here against d public aired facts.
I neva thought of this combination!! Buhari/rochas...and it looks like it's the best combination
BUT...hmm BUT..hmm BUUTT!!
Smh!!..Omo!! Its really a tough time here oo...
If it is buhari and rochas.....den the yoruba pple 'll nt vote for dem...like hw dey did nt vote for ribadu.
And if they pick buhari and fashola or tinubu....Igbo pple will not vote for dem......and i'm 100 percent sure the PDP will bring an igbo candidate either as president or vice...

Inshut i've changed my mind...it should be Rochas for president nd fashola as vice....buhari should go and sleep. We need young people with young brains as our leaders..
But..hmm...But..hmm BUUUTT!!!.....i said BUUUTTT!! Hmm
i'm speechless naw
this thread is crazy lol..its making me to crack my brain
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by eagleeye2: 10:46am On Feb 06, 2013
Demdem:

the sincere and downtrodden that has suffered for years who are in the majority and also few honest privileged few have no issues with Buhari. However the wicked, corrupt, evil, killers, murderers and their miserable kind that are currently profiting from the current satanic system headed by the retardeen surely have issues with it. Whatever reasons they may have, isnt it obvious that its a selfish one? All these ones will surely go on exile when Buhari emerges president however thats not the end of the road for them, we will make sure they are all crated back to Nigeria to face justice.

I believe a Buhari presidency will be good for Nigeria, but be rest assured that if Buhari is fielded as the presidential candidate in 2015, he will lose. For now, the powers that be in Nigeria will use every means possible to truncate a Buhari presidency.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by achi4u(m): 10:47am On Feb 06, 2013
Walexz02:
This is not a matter of being old brother, GEJ is young,what has he done? Besides, Buhari can serve for only one term,( we really need that man).
I understand.But reading what MAD COW put up above makes me to have a rethink about that man BUHARI.He's a die hard musilem.

fear feargrin
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by ritux: 10:47am On Feb 06, 2013
franchizy:

Please there is an MOU between the Merger Parties and it will be signed, sealed and endorsed in d Court. I see no reason why the merger won't work with the MOU.
So stop dreaming please

It will take more than MOU or court endorsement for the merger to work. Buhari will want to be the head of the new party which certainly Tinubu will not agree and vice versa. I was made to understand that there is presently internal crisis in CPC which is currently factionalised. Unfortunately, Buhari's faction appears on the wrong side of the crisis as the party's registration certificate is said to be with the faction led by a senator. To be part of the merger, Buhari faction has to tender the party's registration certificate, which it does not have as parties in a merger must tender their certificate to INEC after which the party cease to exist. The faction with the certificate is said not to be keen on the merger. Beside that, CPC are the minority in the merger because ACN, ANPP will say they control more state unlike CPC which controls just one. Personal interest of the top shots will bring chaos to the party on the long run
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by Jarus(m): 10:48am On Feb 06, 2013
kfreak: grin fashola.. Hmmm.. I luv wat hes doin in lagos.. Bt lyk seriously do u think hes dat popular in d west.. Chek awt ondo.. ACN lost 2 labour.. Y?? Cos dey'r losn ground der.. Hmm.. Do u tink lagosians wuld want fashola again aftr makn many pple lyk miserable wt strict rules.. Guess wat?.. Nigerians dont want such.. "no byks".. Chk it awt.. U dont hv a car,d bus is filld up.. No byk.. Watelse.. U l8 4 an appointmnt.. U hv no choice dan 2 trek.. Gosh!.. Hw wuld lyf b.. Hmmmm.. TINK ABOUT IT... #word
First, forget about the grumbles of a few. ACN -whether Fashola or not - will still win Lagos. I don't see ACN losing Lagos in th next 8 years.

On popularity, all permuations are based on Buhari actively working for the eventual candidates in the North and ACN chieftains in the South-West actively working too.

Yes, they may not win Ondo, but you can't tell me Aregbesola will not deliver Osun to ACN, or ACN will not win Oyo, Ogun and Ekiti, if their governors and other chieftains actively work for it, not laying back as they did in 2011.

Oshiomole will also easily deliver Edo to ACN if he wants to, but I don't trust Oshiomole, he is too close to GEJ to work against him.
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by 360degree(m): 10:48am On Feb 06, 2013
Gbawe: It will 100% be a Northern 'rapprochement' Presidential candidate and VP from the South. The VP, for strategic reasons, is likely to be a current governor. I think stakeholders will feel Buhari and Fashola ticks more boxes than any other combination.
I agree with u 100%. SS nd SE cannot guarantee success for PDP. So I thk a candidate frm d north must be very strong to break PDP denfence in d likes of OBJ, IBB n others otherwise......
Re: Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties? by gratiaeo(m): 10:50am On Feb 06, 2013
All this na initial gra gra....
Buhari for president ni'? Ah! Who dash 'Awo' (frog) coat!
Abeg make una park one side

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I’m Ready For PDP Forces – Aregbesola / El-Rufai At A Breakfast Meeting With Dignitaries In London / 2019: NCAN Arrives State House To Present Nomination Form To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.