Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,799 members, 7,879,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:31 PM

Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN (44950 Views)

Nigeria's Igbo Jews: 'lost Tribe' Of Israel - CNN / Breaking! Igbo Jews To Organize Rally In Support Of Israel War In Gaza / The Problem Of Igbo Jews And History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Ozichim(m): 2:45pm On Feb 07, 2013
9icest: The main global Jewish tribes are already established long ago by a well respected Jewish professor....
And they are: Sephardic (Southern European), Mizrahim (Oriental), The Ashkenazi (German, and mostly Northern Europe)...and the pure Hebrewic tribes.
The others are scattered all-over India, and some other parts of Northern America. The Ibos were never included. This was published in the international anthropological encyclopedia years ago. There is nothing as disturbing as people who dont even know their own roots. Check the Jewish culture...you have so little in similarity.
The so called Pentateuch which the Bulk of the Old Testament is pulled from is written in their original Hebrewic language and it has so much similiarity with the arabic which starts from the right side of the book, not the left. You dont even observe any of their Mitzvah, neither is their a Kosher dietary culture between you people. I pray you get answer to this identity crisis.

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!

This is quite contrary, If anything can make me believe that Igbos are Hebrews; It is their culture. Infact as a Christian whenever I'm reading the book of Leviticus, I became afraid because I saw so many religious resemblances of what Igbo religious culture is doing. Pls. I'm very serious, What I saw in Leviticus looks so similar to Igbo religious culture. This is what makes me begin to wonder if Igbos have anything to do with the Israelis, even before I start to hear this rumor of Igbos been one of the lost tribe of Israel.
I hapen to relate to my village high prist(Local shrine priest). I'm a Christian but I saw what they used to do, and what they believe.

3 Likes

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by abbeyty(m): 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2013
why it is not other way round ? i think jews sld be claiming igbo. black men with their thinking.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by AnanseK(m): 2:54pm On Feb 07, 2013
arewaboy: Always claiming to be jews, dont you know jews are the most hated people in this world. You better realize things before what happenned to the so called ethiopian jews fell on you. And concerning population i dont think IGBOS EXCEED 18-20 million peoples.

There 16 million Igbos . About 10% of Nigerias population. The land area of Igboland is 29,000 sq km ( about 3% of Nigerias land mass.)
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Dainfamous: 2:56pm On Feb 07, 2013
while we are on the subject, it’s time for the daughters of Moab to be reveled to those in need of them.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by bigfrancis21: 2:56pm On Feb 07, 2013
See the striking similarities and place your judgments yourself.

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by pazienza(m): 2:58pm On Feb 07, 2013
kofoshi: Yeye people!

They are looking for reinforcement in Israel to assist them in seceding from Nigeria, so any co.ck and bull story will do.

Attache no go help una dis time. You are stuck until we say go.

What 'we' are u talking about?

3 Likes

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by AnanseK(m): 2:59pm On Feb 07, 2013
Toktee: The story seems to be true bicos israel and igbo people share somethng in common,both of them hate visitors,both of them are very clue,both of them dont value human live,both of them have dominant spirit and they are all self centered,dnt hide my comment pls
What else?.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by AnanseK(m): 3:00pm On Feb 07, 2013
Toktee: The story seems to be true bicos israel and igbo people share somethng in common,both of them hate visitors,both of them are very clue,both of them dont value human live,both of them have dominant spirit and they are all self centered,dnt hide my comment pls

So they are both evil?
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by pazienza(m): 3:04pm On Feb 07, 2013
I have always wondered why we igbos do circumscision on the eight day of life on earth,it's too close to the hebrew practice,to be a co-incidence. Even early europeans that visited eboe town (aboh-ukwuani), noticed this and pointed it out.

Please historians in the house,were other nigerian tribes like the yorubas,edo groups etc doing circumscision before the coming of the whites,and do they do it on the eight day?
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 07, 2013
otumfour:

^^^ ur fada and moda undecided
Shut up and go mend some shoes....stupid cobbler!

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 07, 2013
FXKing2012: Yes they are. Is it not obvious going by what Igbos have been achieving for Nigeria? From the Super Eagles which is made up of over 90% Igbos to the fact that Igbos are the ones sustaining the economy of Nigeria...the list is simply endless
we are thinking same things o. If we are israelites, i see it as a blessing. Cos i know how God vindicated dem in d bible and made people,tribes and nations go down for dem and fear dem. It happens in naija steady.
Den, if igbos are not, then, there is transfer of favouritism.
Hey peepz, dont get worked up, u cant question God. His decision is final !!
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Rossikk(m): 3:17pm On Feb 07, 2013
otumfour: undecided mtchew! Nigerians and their inferiority complex disease

Some of you are just stup.id. Does the Jewish researcher and other Jewish researchers down the years who saw cultural similarities between Igbos and Israeli Jews also suffering ''inferiority complex''? It is YOU is who is ignorant of African history which is replete with incidents of migration of peoples spanning thousands of years. So why should we not make efforts to trace our migratory paths? It is YOU who needs to stop being ignorant, and open yourself up to new knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Oahray: 3:22pm On Feb 07, 2013
ngozievergreen:
we are thinking same things o. If we are israelites, i see it as a blessing. Cos i know how God vindicated dem in d bible and made people,tribes and nations go down for dem and fear dem. It happens in naija steady.
Den, if igbos are not, then, there is transfer of favouritism.
Hey peepz, dont get worked up, u cant question God. His decision is final !!
*facepalm* when religion weds gullibility, the result is embarassing. The same God that let Assyria, Babylon and Rome defeat the Jews and destroy their cities?
If Igbos are Jews, you can be sure God has rejected them as his chosen people like he did Israel. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by FXKing2012(m): 3:23pm On Feb 07, 2013
Ivyluvie: Am frm aguleri,nd i truly bliv dis,nt d first time for me to hear dis.nd i bliv dis because,same story i heard frm my grandpa.was same i heard frm my mum nd aunts.so i do bliv.dere z ntn sweet bout it,bt i tnk its kinda unique nd outstanding for d igbos to b takn into consideration.*wink*
You couldnt have said it better dear.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Dainfamous: 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2013
ERI,ARODI,ARELI,BLOODLINE CAN STILL BE TRACED IN IGBOLAND WITH SO MANY EVIDENCE AVAILABLE,I WONDER WHY SOME PEOPLE ARE FIGHTING THE WORD OF GOD.....

(Gad) had seven sons at the time of the descent into Egypt. The sons of Gad were; Ziphion, and Haggi, Shuni, and Ezbon, Eri, and Arodi, and Areli. (Genesis 46:16). The children of Gad after their families were of Zephon, the family of the Zephonites: of Haggi, the family of the Haggites: of Shuni, the family of the Shunites: of Ozni, the family of the Oznites: of Eri, the family of the Erites: of Arod, the family of the Arodites: of Areli, the family of the Arelites. These are the families of the children of Gad. (Numbers 26:15-18).
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by bokohalal(m): 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2013
There is no Igbo custom mentioned as evidence of Jewish heritage that is not practiced by neighbouring groups. The others do not claim to be Jews.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by donwilz(m): 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2013
kheart: Hehehehe so ibos re new breeds of jews afterall, but d diff is dat d real Jews use deir sense in tech while ibo jews use theirs for criminality. Smh
You never disappoint me with your enormous level of stvpidity. I think that this mo.ronic attitude runs from your maternal blood line.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by IleIfe2(m): 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2013
Just a civil war propaganda. that's all.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2013
Oahray: *facepalm* when religion weds gullibility, the result is embarassing. The same God that let Assyria, Babylon and Rome defeat the Jews and destroy their cities?
If Igbos are Jews, you can be sure God has rejected them as his chosen people like he did Israel. grin grin
Well, u av decided to quote d side of the bible that pleased u and d side u wished for igbos. Ok, we all know about God and the israelites, whole story,dont we? How israel laughed at last.
So, no point arguing with u, choose anoda person.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by baysol: 3:54pm On Feb 07, 2013
Delusive people no be them say they are Lagosians with 90% population. These peps yeye die, They a the epitome of the symbol that represents corruption. The Ijebus that have some links don't even Flaunt it. Much less the cockroach tribe of Nigeria that no one want to associate with for their crime, 419, yahoo yahoo,drugs name it. Mchieeew.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by pazienza(m): 3:56pm On Feb 07, 2013
bokohalal: There is no Igbo custom mentioned as evidence of Jewish heritage that is not practiced by neighbouring groups. The others do not claim to be Jews.

Did the binis and yorubas do male circumscision before the coming of the whites? If they did,was it done on the eight day?
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by pazienza(m): 3:58pm On Feb 07, 2013
baysol: Delusive people no be them say they are Lagosians with 90% population. These peps yeye die, They a the epitome of the symbol that represents corruption. The Ijebus that have some links don't even Flaunt it. Much less the cockroach tribe of Nigeria that no one want to associate with for their crime, 419, yahoo yahoo,drugs name it. Mchieeew.

What link does the ijebu have to the ancient hebrews,do you mind enlightening me a little.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Oahray: 3:58pm On Feb 07, 2013
ngozievergreen:
Well, u av decided to quote d side of the bible that pleased u and d side u wished for igbos. Ok, we all know about God and the israelites, whole story,dont we? How israel laughed at last.
So, no point arguing with u, choose anoda person.
hmmm... Someone isn't reading her bible. Ok na. Be a Jewess if you wish. I'm not wishing anyone anything bad. Trying to use the Bible to paint the Igbos as God's chosen people is rather silly when the the same Bible says that the original Jews have been rejected. It becomes worse when that comes from a christian who believes in an impartial God.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by donwilz(m): 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2013
baysol: Delusive people no be them say they are Lagosians with 90% population. These peps yeye die, They a the epitome of the symbol that represents corruption. The Ijebus that have some links don't even Flaunt it. Much less the cockroach tribe of Nigeria that no one want to associate with for their crime, 419, yahoo yahoo,drugs name it. Mchieeew.
Your father represents the highest level of imbecility ..

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 07, 2013
Ivyluvie: Am frm aguleri,nd i truly bliv dis,nt d first time for me to hear dis.nd i bliv dis because,same story i heard frm my grandpa.was same i heard frm my mum nd aunts.so i do bliv.dere z ntn sweet bout it,bt i tnk its kinda unique nd outstanding for d igbos to b takn into consideration.*wink*
ur family nids help
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by phreakabit(m): 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2013
[size=18pt]NO! NO! NO! NO!

We are Igbo's we aren't Jews. I don't know where this crap came from. It won't add anything to us for crying out loud. We are Igbos and should be proud of who we are. You can't claim to be the son of any man if he believes you aren't. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by donwilz(m): 4:15pm On Feb 07, 2013
phreakabit: [size=18pt]NO! NO! NO! NO!

We are Igbo's we aren't Jews. I don't know where this crap came from. It won't add anything to us for crying out loud. We are Igbos and should be proud of who we are. You can't claim to be the son of any man if he believes you aren't. [/size]
That is the spirit! I am IGBO! nothing less.

3 Likes

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by AnanseK(m): 4:17pm On Feb 07, 2013
So when are they leaving for the idle east?
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by bokohalal(m): 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2013
pazienza:

Did the binis and yorubas do male circumscision before the coming of the whites? If they did,was it done on the eight day?
Speaking for the Binis . Yes. And yes.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 07, 2013
[quote author=~Bluetooth]
Yes they are the lost tribe of israel.When Hitler began the holocaust of jews ( I'm sure all of you know how hitler despised them ),ibo jews are very smart and decided to run from hitler to avoid extermination.
Well as at date,y'all can see what hitler meant when he decided to spared the jews for the world to see how wicked they are.Ibos are just as wicked as the jews. . . Hitler didn't finish his mission I tell ya
ode?
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by otumfour(m): 4:40pm On Feb 07, 2013
Josh090:
Shut up and go mend some shoes....stupid cobbler!

I'll shutup when a boko pig such as urself, is able to boast of 24hrs uninterrupted electricity supply wit proof in that hell hole of a bin u call a country, till then ur still under my boot boko boy grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by pazienza(m): 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2013
bokohalal:
Speaking for the Binis . Yes. And yes.

That's interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Olufunso Amosun Visits Korede Taiwo, Chained By Father / Fresh Anxiety In Aso Rock Over Buhari’s Health - PUNCH / Colourful Photos As Atiku Abubakar Flags-off Presidential Campaign In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.