Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,956 members, 7,942,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 09:47 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (462259 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2010
@Toluth

Base on my researches during the time of my application to schools in Canada

The cheapest University is Memorial University in Newfoundland and the very high tuition University is McGill University and University of Toronto.

See your best bet in get answers to questions in this world of today is GOOGLE

So Boss, go google!

I wish you well. take care
Re: Travelling To Canada by chickyamma: 1:17pm On Oct 12, 2010
hey guys , can one get into canada with visiting visa then change it to student visa?? how possible is dt
Re: Travelling To Canada by justwise(m): 1:36pm On Oct 12, 2010
chickyamma:

hey guys , can one get into canada with visiting visa then change it to student visa?? how possible is dt

I doubt if that will be posible.
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanresz(m): 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2010
@chickyamma, check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp. It is possible to change your condition from a vistor to a student.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 7:08pm On Oct 12, 2010
lanresz:

@chickyamma, check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp. It is possible to change your condition from a vistor to a student.

@Lanresz, we need to study that link properly.

On the same link, it states:
"Most visitors to Canada are not allowed to work or study in Canada without permission.
You must apply for a work permit or a study permit before coming to Canada. If you are visiting Canada and you want to apply to work or study, you must leave Canada and apply from your home country. However, in some cases, working without a permit or studying without a permit is allowed
"

There are exceptions if the length of your study is less than six months. The exceptions for visitors that can study without a study permit are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-who.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanresz(m): 7:43pm On Oct 12, 2010
@Rare, thanks a lot for noticing that. That must be a recent change to the rule. I know people that have changed their status from visitors to workers or students recently.
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 8:48am On Oct 14, 2010
has any body been called for medical yet
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 11:28am On Oct 16, 2010
@all

Where is everybody? The thread has been in a salient mood for long timne now, wetin dey happen.

@Harry

No I have not been call , still I dey pray for the good news ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2010
harrymann:

has any body been called for medical yet

A friend of mine coming to Alberta for Winter 2011, was called for medicals last week. He applied in Lagos about a month ago.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2010
@ Rare

Hey guy thanks for that info ,  I am happy for you  friend ooo. I am still waitin for the medical call up. I just pray that God should come to my rescue,  I beleive It  is well.

how is your studies and how is Bobobabe. Hope you guys are geting on well with your studies.

On  lighter note, please gist us about your expereince so far in canada,  about the people, food, culture,  cost of living, standard of living, and any other thing you wish to let us know.

One more thing, is it beter to stay in the rez or off campus for a graduate. Enjoy Rare,  I always remember your post like yesterday when you are still in Nigeria posting on this thread
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 2:40pm On Oct 18, 2010
@Rare, i submited my study permit applicaton for winter session since on the 9th of August but till this moment, i have not heard from them and my credentials are not return. Am i safe?
I sent them a mail last week and my reply was 'please be inform that your application is still in progress, you will be inform as soon as we are thru'.
Do they use automated reply machine?. Am confuse , since it is taking longer than i taught. I use Lagos office.
Has any one had this experience before? And what does the delay means?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by filmtrick1: 7:06pm On Oct 18, 2010
hello guys,

I'm in need of urgent advice, i got my admission letter for winter start 2weeks ago, and i intend sending my application to the embassy this week. my course starts 24th january, is it too late to apply or i should defer it?
pls i need your urgent advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada by osasoj(f): 9:43am On Oct 19, 2010
Hello, if you really want to visit anywhere Canada 4 a vacation with you and your family contact 08181199607 and text yes,your name,place of work/business and where you live, then give us a call.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 11:15am On Oct 19, 2010
@ Film trick

Just count 90days to your state date , If it is still up to 90days, then go ahead and apply., If not then seek to defer the admission till the next state date.

@Osasoj

Are you a scammer or something, why must I text you and also call you after. Go ahead and tell us the details involve on this thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Real14all: 11:24am On Oct 19, 2010
@osasoj: how much does your package cost?
Try to convince people in detail explanation and not in that ripping format way.
Re: Travelling To Canada by osasoj(f): 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2010
After you text and call if you are ripped off post it,what you have not tried do not condemn. Traveling abroad involves money, it is either you can afford it or not.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 4:07pm On Oct 19, 2010
@osasoj

U funny ooo, so I should text you all my detail then call you and after you don scam me, I go now post it for nairaland abi? See gone are the days that "trying is believing", nowadays "seeing is believing" so post the details first. And save too much talking.

My mind they tell me say you be scammer , but any way, you just need to proof that you are not by telling us everything we need to know. or why do you think that there is a thread like this, it is to help get infomation , Now please start talking, before I call Justwise to expose you ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanreade(m): 5:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
Charles,owfar?wat is d latest.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 9:02pm On Oct 19, 2010
@ lamreade

I still dey like dele oooo, but God go do am for us all.
Re: Travelling To Canada by opetope: 11:47am On Oct 20, 2010
Who has an idea the minimum duration canada issues for visit visa 2 months, 3 months, 6 months?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 11:40pm On Oct 21, 2010
charlie193:

@ Rare
Hey guy thanks for that info ,  I am happy for you  friend ooo. I am still waitin for the medical call up. I just pray that God should come to my rescue,  I beleive It  is well.
how is your studies and how is Bobobabe. Hope you guys are geting on well with your studies.
On  lighter note, please gist us about your expereince so far in canada,  about the people, food, culture,  cost of living, standard of living, and any other thing you wish to let us know.
One more thing, is it beter to stay in the rez or off campus for a graduate. Enjoy Rare,  I always remember your post like yesterday when you are still in Nigeria posting on this thread

@charlie193. We are really busy, and adjusting to school after being in work environment for long. Also having to work harder to make up where there are undergrad lapses, esp in software simulation activities. Cost of living/standards are usually accurate as the school will send to you. You might adjust lifestyle to reduce costs, but work with their own estimate. Generally off-campus is less expensive. However, everything differs with provinces.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Lakewood: 11:12am On Oct 22, 2010
Dear All,

I am looking at going to Totonto to do a MAsters in Sept 2011. Kindly advice on cost of living over there. Also anyone have information on students going for a masters with Young children?? Thx
Re: Travelling To Canada by princeaded(m): 4:30pm On Oct 23, 2010
IF YOU NEED SCHENGEN VISA THAT ENABLE YOU TO TRAVELL TO 26 COUNTRIES IN EUROPE,DUBAI VISA,SOUTH-AFRICA VISA.CALL ME ON

07033307912.prince_adedeji@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2010
who again has been call for medicals
Re: Travelling To Canada by sofymoore(m): 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2010
just think people like you desrve this.
a big offer for anyone that would like to travel to europe and any part of
the world. this is just a dream come true for you.as iam talking
four people has beneficted already.so u desrve it. for further
enquiries. call 08069214248 or 07033307912.
its real, give it a try and see.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 7:15pm On Oct 23, 2010
sofymore

hey you are a thief, get the f**k out of our thread. Ole
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 7:18pm On Oct 23, 2010
@ Sofymore

PLease get out of this thread. You scammer. go get alive ok
Re: Travelling To Canada by marciraxy(m): 9:57pm On Oct 24, 2010
hello
Re: Travelling To Canada by symbian03(m): 7:58am On Oct 26, 2010
hey chalie, wud up with ur application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.