Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,244 members, 7,950,325 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 12:10 PM

Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos (16509 Views)

Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) / Woman Delivers Baby In A Keke Napep / Woman Delivers Baby With Anencephaly In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by playto(m): 3:22pm On Feb 07, 2013
dj187: Evading
grin
grin grin.....Naa jambite
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by sage2(m): 3:23pm On Feb 07, 2013
May God bless the child. I hereby name him/her Marwanian.
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by tellwisdom: 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2013
People should stop bearing children in the hospital, wasting money to hospital bills and doctors angry angry...Even a child born in U.S no even fine reach am, not even beyonci's sad sad
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by aryzgreat: 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2013
Y woman wey her pregnancy don reach 9months go still dey jump around from kwara to oshodi? Her ante-natal doctor no tell her when she go born? Na wa o! if there was complication na devil una go call. Thank God sha!
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by 2bosun: 3:25pm On Feb 07, 2013
Godjone: That's the highest level of iliteracy and ignorance that have reingned supereme among citizens of this country. If she had adhered to the principles of anti-natal, i am sure it will aquaint her the knowledge about when she is supose to deliver - thus making preparations ahead of time in other not to be caught in the web of disgrace and disapointment (keke Napep). Our pregnant women or expectance mothers must take seriously the practice of anti-natal to prevent being caught in such a dangerous and disgraceful web (keke napep or bike as the case may be)

Dude relax before you give yourself hypertension. Even in London, women do give birth on public transport; have you ever heard of a premature delivery ? undecided

Don't blame everything on Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by DJDOLA(m): 3:25pm On Feb 07, 2013
o'boy:
I know it gast to be a Yoruba woman
probably invading hospital bills
madt man

2 Likes

Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by oboy3(m): 3:26pm On Feb 07, 2013
playto:
grin
grin grin.....Naa jambite
shut up
you and the baby have something in common but you were born in a Molue
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by Tolexander: 3:28pm On Feb 07, 2013
the baby's name is supposed to be ELIJAH cos elijah was lifted up by the bicycle of fire(keke ina) in the Bible.
Imagine the irony of life! A woman gave birth to a baby alive safely with ease in a tricycle. And another woman with a befitting labour ward with all medical apparatus and equipment will still have a difficult delivery or even death of either the mother and baby or both happening.
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 07, 2013
Just name her " Eko o ni baje "

She will go places.
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by Artistree: 3:29pm On Feb 07, 2013
o'boy:
probably evading hospital bills
I know you gast be a mowon for saying this.
Shey u didn't read that she was on her way to the hospital?

3 Likes

Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by adebimpey1(f): 3:29pm On Feb 07, 2013
Laila Ikeji: A woman, Mrs. Mutiat Aileru has delivered a baby girl in a tricycle in Abule-Egba area of Lagos. The woman delivered the baby at about 5p.m. The reporter was walking by the roadside near Awori bus stop when a woman suddenly ran out of the commercial tricycle, Keke Marwa and raised the alarm that her relative was delivering a baby inside the tricycle they had boarded.

She had called for urgent help from the owners of the shops by the road and women promptly removed the wrappers on them to shield the woman in labour. Immediately the woman was delivered on the back sit of the tricycle,the reporter quickly took photographs of the new baby, a girl. The women rushed to pick her up, some cleaning her, others cuddling and others yet bringing accessories to assist in the delivery. Some even heaped verbal invectives at the reporter for daring to take the baby’s picture.

“Are you mad! Why are you taking the baby’s pictures. Who you be? If you are not careful we will beat you up here. Why would you take the photograph of a woman delivering in a tricycle? You don’t even know how to do your work.” Many of them said. There would have been a mob action, had the reporter not feigned calling on the police to come to the area. It was then the mob gathering against the reporter receded.

While the women were still busy attending to the mother and her baby, the reporter took on the driver of the tricycle in camera. Asked how the journey of the miraculous delivery began, Prophet Ariyo Ajibola of the Cherubim and Seraphim Church, Erimo in Ijaiye-Ojokoro, who drove the tricycle, said: “It was at Ikeja computer village that the two women that followed the mother approached me to beg me to assist them to carry a pregnant woman to a hospital in Abule Egba.

At first I was reluctant but when they began to plead, I obliged. Moreso, as a prophet, I had an inner conviction that there won’t be any problem. And I took them in. But when we got past Agege, the pregnant woman began to moan in seriuos labour. She became hysterical and her people began to panic. But I was relaxed and praying silently for God’s intervention, I was calming the women down. At a point, I took one-way to beat the gridlock on the road.

Then suddenly I heard a loud noise of a rushing liquid, when we just left Abule-Egba bus stop and the other women began to raise the alarm that a baby had just been delivered. And they began calling for help. As a man and a Christian, I just thank God for what has happened. It is just a miracle and I will give a special thanksgiving to God once I get to the church for an evening programme we have today. I asked them to pay N1000 but they offered N700 and I accepted but even if they don’t pay me, I won’t be unhappy.”

Daily Sun also spoke to the mother of the baby after she had been cleaned up and positioned well in the passengers’ seat of the tricycle, feeling weak, she told her story: “ I am Latifat Aileru. I am from Ibadan and my husband from from Kwara. We live in Ipokia. I came to meet my husband’s people in Oshodi. I am so happy that I delivered the baby safely.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/woman-delivers-baby-girl-in-keke-marwa-in-lagos/
tellwisdom: People should stop bearing children in the hospital, wasting money to hospital bills and doctors angry angry...Even a child born in U.S no even fine reach am, not even beyonci's sad sad
t
chiover: her name is Kekeoluwa or oluwakeke
this is wonderful,her name should wonderful
http://www.fuoye.edu.ng
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by lepesyn20(m): 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2013
Hahahahaha na rice me won chop o d name 2 gv her na smal tin shocked
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by salam001(m): 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2013
o'boy:
probably evading hospital bills
stop hating

2 Likes

Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by Artistree: 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2013
Godjone: That's the highest level of iliteracy and ignorance that have reingned supereme among citizens of this country. If she had adhered to the principles of anti-natal, i am sure it will aquaint her the knowledge about when she is supose to deliver - thus making preparations ahead of time in other not to be caught in the web of disgrace and disapointment (keke Napep). Our pregnant women or expectance mothers must take seriously the practice of anti-natal to prevent being caught in such a dangerous and disgraceful web (keke napep or bike as the case may be)
Ever heard of Expected Date of Delivery(EDD)? If the doctors had proposed she'd deliver 2wks after when she did, she should have folded her hands, crossed her legs and be waiting...without going out, right?
I think the ignorant one here is you, cos if you weren't you would have known that even Okonjo-Iweala can give birth in her office....

3 Likes

Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by FABITINO: 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2013
Is a she,and her name should be miracle
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2013
chiover: her name is Kekeoluwa or oluwakeke

. . .any conventional name that contains 'ke' should be appropriate. E.g. FolaKE, funKE, LabaKE, etc.

Na wa oh. Since women can successfully deliver babies in all kinds of weird locations (without obstetrical assistance), one then wonders how necessary maternity homes are (especially for expectant mothers on a tight budget, lol).
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by brownlord: 3:46pm On Feb 07, 2013

Have you ever heard of situation where people donate to even buy soap or flask for a woman who just delivered? My friend we in Nigeria and as such people are still living in adage porverty and in some cases and cant even feed which makes adhering to the anti natal principle less important to this woman and people in her class,

So please bear in mind, people are suffering and their president is spending 1 billion on food, and billions to build a house for the VP,

Aunty-natal kor, Uncle-natal no
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by brownlord: 3:51pm On Feb 07, 2013
aryzgreat: Y woman wey her pregnancy don reach 9months go still dey jump around from kwara to oshodi? Her ante-natal doctor no tell her when she go born? Na wa o! if there was complication na devil una go call. Thank God sha!

Abeg park well,which one be her uncle natal doctor no tell her when she go born, what if na before the time when your aunty natal doctor estimate the delivery come take place
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by Tee13(f): 3:53pm On Feb 07, 2013

Wetin bi disgrace for here now
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by Tee13(f): 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2013

What's disgrace here?
Did you read the story properly?

This could happen to anybody,mothers can testify to that.
Maybe due to her income she took keke instead of a cab,
That is still better choice for her than taking a bus that would cause more delay.

Above all,let's thank God mother and child are cute.
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by COOLDUN: 4:15pm On Feb 07, 2013
My God is a wonderful and miraculous one. Thank you father for giving this woman and her child lives to life. May your name be glorified,exalted,praised, worshiped,blessed forever and ever AMEN.
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by Freiburger(m): 4:19pm On Feb 07, 2013
That baby will be a good cyclist, but not Lance's type. grin
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by Symphony007: 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2013
No matter our problems, nigeria is still the country where we are our brother's keeper..the reaction of the women(strangers) tells me there's still a load of hope in our country.
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by Symphony007: 4:22pm On Feb 07, 2013
What will be the "place of birth" on the child's birth certificate
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by Fussbot: 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2013
Lol..almost got cnfsd by d headline..keke moruwa is keke moruwa or beta stil keke napep..which 1 be "keke marwa" abi na d english spelin be dat??
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by Oballer: 4:34pm On Feb 07, 2013
God is awesome...i would have preferred that my sister gave birth on a bicycle and live....but she did in the hospital and died...thank God the baby is safe...i cant get over that since october last year...so it is indeed a great thing...where ever she delivered her baby..the cute baby is alive and her mum too...i want to name her Oluwagbemilekekeire...God has put me on a gracious bicyle...(abi help interprete am) cool

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by aieromon(m): 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2013
Instead of the reporter to help with the delivery,he decided to stand back and take pictures.

Help is really hard to find nowadays.

Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by tjskii(f): 4:42pm On Feb 07, 2013

U tink say na so e easy,labor pains come upon u unexpectedly,even ur doctor can't give u a precise date of delivery,they estimate one for u and tell u,u can deliver 2wks befor or 2wks after d date,so do u propose she sits in d hospital twiddling her thumbs til d baby decides to arrive,befor u criticize,u shud at least get ur facts straight
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by Godjone(m): 4:43pm On Feb 07, 2013
2bosun:

Dude relax before you give yourself hypertension. Even in London, women do give birth on public transport; have you ever heard of a premature delivery ? undecided

Don't blame everything on Nigeria
i am saying this because majority of pregnant women in Nigeria doesn't go for anti-natal and i have proove. By the way, did u know what anti-natal is? Enquire pls
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by Boyoorisha: 4:44pm On Feb 07, 2013
Cooked story! where is the evidence that the baby was actually delivered in a Maruwa?
Re: Woman Delivers Baby In Keke Marwa In Lagos by Godjone(m): 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2013
Artistree:
Ever heard of Expected Date of Delivery(EDD)? If the doctors had proposed she'd deliver 2wks after when she did, she should have folded her hands, crossed her legs and be waiting...without going out, right?
I think the ignorant one here is you, cos if you weren't you would have known that even Okonjo-Iweala can give birth in her office....
u cannot quote me wrong without suporting ur claims wit an empirical hypothesis. Remember, u r not a medical doctor and as such, u may be deficient in d line of medecine. With references to varrious authorities, u are adviced to seek information frm a genue source abt wat anti-natal can do in the life of an expectant mother

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Sex Slow The Healing Of Wounds? / Two Men Drowned While Swimming In Ogun River / COVID-19 Update For September 19 2020 In Nigeria - (2,850 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.