Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,913 members, 7,931,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:51 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (673316 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
Thanks.

blaze007: anoda word of wisdom frm d igwe. Igwe may u live lng o. Tank u. Al d tinz listd re already takin care of
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by finecheek(f): 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2013
@justi yes I sent in my cv and dey said dey will get back to me buh yet to hear from dem. I pray dey call me oo

Cos am really tired of not being employed yet.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 7:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
@finecheek...it is well u will get a good job dear
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by finecheek(f): 8:02pm On Oct 07, 2013
Tanx ken
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by blaze007(m): 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
finecheek: Tanx ken
it is well dear. A lil mre patience! Hpe u ve where 2 sleep, fud 2 eat and lil money? If nt, hmmmmn
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by afolab4: 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
i m even afraid to go to dubai now. may be i should stick to my N75k monthly work in Naija. pls advise me.God bless you all.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by finecheek(f): 8:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
@ folab plz don't be scared o! Dubai is beautiful. Everything in life takes time u know. Pplz com oo
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 8:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ur welcome @finecheek...@folabs be sure o...cos dis dubai looks like na gradual process...75k na money o...be sure...but u can go on planned vacation of 2months to see offers...but dont relinquish ur job cos of dubai...remember in nigeria overnight u can hammer o....same as dubai too
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by AreaFada2: 8:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
justi4jesu:
Yea its a good choice for vacation and job search. You are welcome in advance.

Thanks my dear.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
Hello forumites....please i would like to ask...how are safety jobs work schedules like...is it like 7 am to 7 pm like the slave work here in some nija industries or is it better...also after nebosh trainin what if i want to b a trainin consultant...are there jobs n is d pay nice...presently i hav osha certificate in occupational health n safety...around what payscale should i look towards
Cc: @ogapaktapakta....@justi...@protocol..@my other esteemed forumites
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by afolab4: 9:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
thanks u all,God bless. i wil try to go by December when i wil ve leave in d office.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
ken1982: @ogapaktapakta...for d shared space in sharjar...do u mean 2,500 naira or dirhams....also do etihad or emirates easily do 2 months or 1 month visit...also i am expecting nebosh igc materials today from a friend...kindly send email where i can post for those who need it...
mr. ken. i greet. you are a funny somebody....hahahaha. any way thanks for your ''ani-ma-shaun''(a giver's heart) mind. lolzz. thank you.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
@ Protocol
Pls I need the details of those safety training schools in Lagos. Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 9:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
ken1982: @protocol...oshe but i plan on doing it in dubai...abeg how cani get very cheap accomodation in sharjar near metro n how mch will it cost...note...very cheap
oga protocool, do you stay in dubai ?around sharjah..! (no! i am still in lagos. alausa to be precise) thank you. lolz
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2013
ken1982: Sure..i know...but i hav eaten indomi for 2 weeks straight n nothing else before...also...i hv lived with 5 guys in a bq...n no p...so for starters mk i bend low so i can stand tall in future
hahahahahaha... lolzzz mr. ken, you no go wound me with laughter.. hahahaha... bros, e be like say your shoes or shirts no miss then..
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 10:24pm On Oct 07, 2013
afolab4: i m even afraid to go to dubai now. may be i should stick to my N75k monthly work in Naija. pls advise me.God bless you all.

Don't make the mistake of leaving your well paid job behind all in the name of coming to dubai, patiently hold on and wait until when you are on vacation and you have been able to gather enough money for your trip then you can come give it a try and see what dubai holds for you. In order for you not to lose from both sides.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by CaptJHMiller: 10:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
Would like to pursue Msc in qatar or kuwait. Can you guys be of assistance?
Thank you.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 10:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
ken1982: Hello forumites....please i would like to ask...how are safety jobs work schedules like...is it like 7 am to 7 pm like the slave work here in some nija industries or is it better...also after nebosh trainin what if i want to b a trainin consultant...are there jobs n is d pay nice...presently i hav osha certificate in occupational health n safety...around what payscale should i look towards

Safety jobs work schedules depends solely on the company that employs you,, the work schedules cannot be generalized. But most jobs here are 8hours as the case may be but some companies also make their staffs work for 10-12hours a day, so don't think the slavery ends back there in nigeria. Everything depends on the kind of job you settle down for! You can be whatever you want to be after your nebosh course but it takes the favour of GOD and open doors for you excel in whatever you wish to become. There are jobs for every field but its not that easy to get because of their required so called Gulf experience. Companies payscale differs. There is no fixed salary range for any company and an important thing is that most companies give more or higher salary based on your experience.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 10:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
ken1982: Hello forumites....please i would like to ask...how are safety jobs work schedules like...is it like 7 am to 7 pm like the slave work here in some nija industries or is it better...also after nebosh trainin what if i want to b a trainin consultant...are there jobs n is d pay nice...presently i hav osha certificate in occupational health n safety...around what payscale should i look towards
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 10:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
justi4jesu:

Safety jobs work schedules depends solely on the company that employs you,, the work schedules cannot be generalized. But most jobs here are 8hours as the case may be but some companies also make their staffs work for 12hours a day, so don't think the slavery ends back there in nigeria. Everything depends on the kind of job you settle down for! You can be whatever you want to be after your nebosh course but it takes the favour of GOD and open doors for you excel in whatever you wish to become. There are jobs for every field but its not that easy to get because of their required so called Gulf experience. Companies payscale differs. There is no fixed salary range for any companies and an important thing is that most companies give more or higher salary based on your experience.

@justi...thank you for this...8 hours is ok....thx alot
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 10:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
finecheek: @justi yes I sent in my cv and dey said dey will get back to me buh yet to hear from dem. I pray dey call me oo

Cos am really tired of not being employed yet.

I pray they call you too. It is well
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 10:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
ken1982:

@justi...thank you for this...8 hours is ok....thx alot
You are welcome
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 10:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
Thank you.

Follow this link and read available courses and requirements for Qatar Univeristy
http://www.qu.edu.qa/students/admission/graduate/admission_requirements.php

Dr dre can also elaborate more on that.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by afolab4: 11:03pm On Oct 07, 2013
big thanks mr justi4jesu,God bless
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 11:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
Thank you.
My simple advice is look elsewhere. If u can afford to pay the tuition fees in these parts, then just go to Canada, U.S or any of the developed western nations.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by AreaFada2: 11:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
@Just4Jesus and everyone,

Where can one buy cheap stuff in Dubai? I have heard of Deira. Anywhere else? I am coming initially to visit and explore buying goods (clothes, shoes, bags) to send to Naija.

since I coming from Europe and returning back here, are there cargo agents in Dubai that do door to door service within Lagos? Or can store goods in their warehouse for someone to collect for me in Naija?

Thanks guys.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:45am On Oct 08, 2013
You can buy in deira and deira city center; l wont advise you go to the malls because things are very expensive in the malls, although, we have several malls you can explore like Dubai malls,malls of the emirates, if you want to buy things to sell in Nigeria, your best bet will be Deira/Deira city centre. There are several cargo companies you can use from Deira that will assist you to cargo your items to anywhere in Nigeria,in fact, they will pay all the charges both UAE and Nigeria(CUSTOMS) you only walk to their office in lagos to pick your items after payment. Anybody can collect your goods on your behalf as long as you indicate it on your slip.

Area-Fada:
@Just4Jesus and everyone,

Where can one buy cheap stuff in Dubai? I have heard of Deira. Anywhere else? I am coming initially to visit and explore buying goods (clothes, shoes, bags) to send to Naija.

since I coming from Europe and returning back here, are there cargo agents in Dubai that do door to door service within Lagos? Or can store goods in their warehouse for someone to collect for me in Naija?

Thanks guys.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 08, 2013
My advise to you is to plan very well before arrival, dont quit your job, maybe during your vacation in Nigeria you can come to Dubai for visit and use that opportunity to explore the country and while here you can apply for jobs, you never can tell what will happen, once you secure a job, compare/contrast the benefits/salary and make your decision. One of the basic reasons people suffer or get stranded on arrival in the UAE is LACK OF PROPER PLANNING, LACK OF CASH, LACK OF PROPER NETWORKING, and before they realise their mistakes , their visa has already expired, continue to be a student of the forum and you will get enough infos here to guide you.

afolab4: i m even afraid to go to dubai now. may be i should stick to my N75k monthly work in Naija. pls advise me.God bless you all.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:13am On Oct 08, 2013
Most of the jobs here are 8hrs; but, l will also add that some companies are modern day slave centres due to the sharp labour practises they engaged in which the ministry of labour may not be aware of except you complain to them directly,let me explain, your offer letter might read 8hrs per day,food, accommodation and transportation,but, when you resume proper, you might find yourself working 12hrs straight and the extra 4hrs is not counted for you as overtime.

l don't want to deceive or give you a false hope, l have personally met several nationalities (Nigeria) inclusive in this severe modern day slavery, sometimes the stories l hear makes me want to shed tears, the reason for this sharp practices is partly due to the fact that most companies are owned or managed by INDIANS/PAKISTANIS,just recently, some Nigerians working in a mall not too far from where my office is located shared a bitter experience with me, they work as security guard, and their offer letter states 8hrs but they work 12hrs daily, no off days and salary was 1,200dhs per month, they protested and went to ministry of labour, the company agreed to adjust their salary to 1,800 but it has not been done and they have also said that after their contracts they no longer want Nigerians.

Even the so called Emrill group ( A VERY BIG RECRUITING CONGLOMERATE & INTEGRATED FACILITIES MANAGEMENT GROUP ) that has hired lots of people in the field of housekeeping,security, customer care, safety workers etc is not exempted from this unfair labour practices, you will be shock to hear the kind of peanut they pay to new employees. l have personally interviewed some few cleaners/house keeping staff working with Dubai metro, can you imagine they pay them as small as 1000dhs per month and this guys clean the metro for 12hrs and make sure the metro shines like gold and yet poor salary.

Finally,you cannot work as a training consultant without the necessary UAE CERTIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCES,and if your company/firm is not owned,managed, controlled by Europeans/Americans or Local Emiratis, don't expect any magic, they wont treat you well........goodluck.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:23am On Oct 08, 2013
Just to add to what Dr.Dre said, forget about schooling in the Middle East, it is not worth it, package yourself and look towards Europe or North America, in my personal opinion, l wont advise you to pursue your Msc anywhere in the Middle East, l don't want to blow my trumpets here and l say this with all humility and because of your question and the need to guide you properly, l have tasted Education abroad/western world and it cannot be compared to what l have seen here, even if you choose to study here, most organisation will rate a foreign certificates/degree/diploma over the ones obtained here in the Middle East....................goodluck.

Capt. JH Miller:
Thank you.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 6:58am On Oct 08, 2013
ogakpatakpata: Most of the jobs here are 8hrs; but, l will also add that some companies are modern day slave centres due to the sharp labour practises they engaged in which the ministry of labour may not be aware of except you complain to them directly,let me explain, your offer letter might read 8hrs per day,food, accommodation and transportation,but, when you resume proper, you might find yourself working 12hrs straight and the extra 4hrs is not counted for you as overtime.

l don't want to deceive or give you a false hope, l have personally met several nationalities (Nigeria) inclusive in this severe modern day slavery, sometimes the stories l hear makes me want to shed tears, the reason for this sharp practices is partly due to the fact that most companies are owned or managed by INDIANS/PAKISTANIS,just recently, some Nigerians working in a mall not too far from where my office is located shared a bitter experience with me, they work as security guard, and their offer letter states 8hrs but they work 12hrs daily, no off days and salary was 1,200dhs per month, they protested and went to ministry of labour, the company agreed to adjust their salary to 1,800 but it has not been done and they have also said that after their contracts they no longer want Nigerians.

Even the so called Emrill group ( A VERY BIG RECRUITING CONGLOMERATE & INTEGRATED FACILITIES MANAGEMENT GROUP ) that has hired lots of people in the field of housekeeping,security, customer care, safety workers etc is not exempted from this unfair labour practices, you will be shock to hear the kind of peanut they pay to new employees. l have personally interviewed some few cleaners/house keeping staff working with Dubai metro, can you believe they pay them as small as 1000dhs per month and this guys clean the metro for 12hrs and make sure the metro shines like gold and yet poor salary.

Finally,you cannot work as a training consultant without the necessary UAE CERTIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCES,and if your company/firm is not owned,managed, controlled by Europeans/Americans or Local Emiratis, don't expect any magic, they wont treat you well........goodluck.

Thnks alot @ogapaktapakta...good insight...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 7:02am On Oct 08, 2013
Then i wonder what makes dubai a place to come to where things r not so different from nigeria...higher pay...but higher bills...am yet to understand...but as time goes we shall see undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (401)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.