Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,912 members, 7,931,162 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:49 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (673315 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
For those interested in the cargo company l said charges 8 dhs per kilos, l do have the green light now from Justwise to post only the website: it is www.funlas.com.( Funlas freight and logistics ltd ) If you have done business with him/them before and you went their with an agent/middle man and he charge you 10 or 11 dhs per kilo, approach him now alone and tell him that you cannot pay more than 8dhs per kilo and that he has given some people same amount and you cannot pay more than that, he might want to argue with you,but, stick to your guns, he will agree to come down to 8dhs, and also negotiate the Nigeria charges down with him as well, that is what l have always paid in all my transactions with him.......goodluck.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hmmmmm....................thanks for your kind comments and wish to extend same to everybody in the house, it is not really about me, but, every other contributors. l do agree with your take, definitely, students here will have an edge because they are on ground and do internship with several organisations/companies during and in most cases after graduation, that was why l said "" SOME ORGANISATIONS LEAN TOWARDS THOSE WHO COME WITH FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS "" Once again thanks.

kowade: Read my comments very well, l never said the standard is low, the quality might be the same,but, to be candid with you when the chips are down some organisation tend to lean towards those who came with foreign qualification even if they might be the same with their affiliates here in the UAE. I respect your view though. How come we are just seeing you now? l guess you are a silent follower. Thanks for your contributions

Yes i have been following silently , and once again i want to thank you for the good work you doing here. Sir , i know what you are talking about but students here have an advantage in the sense that they get necessary experience before they graduate as they have an opportunity to intern or even get full employment before they graduate.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
ogakpatakpata: For those interested in the cargo company l said charges 8 dhs per kilos, l do have the green light now from Justwise to post only the website: it is www.funlas.com.( Funlas freight and logistics ltd ) If you have done business with him/them before and you went their with an agent/middle man and he charge you 10 or 11 dhs per kilo, approach him now alone and tell him that you cannot pay more than 8dhs per kilo and that he has given some people same amount and you cannot pay more than that, he might want to argue with you,but, stick to your guns, he will agree to come down to 8dhs, and also negotiate the Nigeria charges down with him as well, that is what l have always paid in all my transactions with him.......goodluck.
Initially you sounded like its a fixed price of 8dirhams per kilo and you never said you have to sweet talk and make reference of other people that have actually used them before they may agree to reduce the price but I still doubt it. Funlas is in deira and they don't collect 8dirhams per kilo but instead 10dirhams whether you go with an agent or not. I have used them and don't like because they did not do home delivery.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
@OBRICADO..............l received your PM; l am sorry to tell you that l no longer respond to PM's from the forum due to some activities in the past that was directed against my person and later against me and the moderator.If you have any issues bothering your mind "' NOT CONNECTED TO VISA ISSUES "" you can give me a call and l will respond as much as l can. Thanks.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
What is your problem with my comments? what do you understand by sweet talk? business is all about negotiation and your marketing skills and if you imply that to mean sweet talk, fine,what you don't know they say is more than you, so because you don't like them, then every other person should tow to your line,""" one man's meat is another man's poison """, FUNLAS COLLECTS 8DHS PER KILO, but, he will never say it openly, it is a free world, you can go ahead and pay 10dhs per kilos, that is really up to you. That is what l have always paid, and it was a friend that also gave me the idea to approach him that way.l have NEVER PAID MORE THAN 8DHS WITH FUNLAS PER KILOS.

justi4jesu:
Initially you sounded like its a fixed price of 8dirhams per kilo and you never said you have to sweet talk and make reference of other people that have actually used them before they may agree to reduce the price but I still doubt it. Funlas is in deira and they don't collect 8dirhams per kilo but instead 10dirhams. I have used them and don't like because they did not do home delivery.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
ogakpatakpata: What is your problem with my comments, what do you understand by sweet talk? what you don't know they say is more than you. FUNLAS COLLECTS 8DHS PER KILO, but, he will never say it openly, it is a free world, you can go ahead and pay 10dhs per kilos, that is really up to you. That is what l have always pay, and it was a friend that also gave me the idea to approach him that way.

Why would I have problems with your comments, it is better they are told about the generally accepted fixed price than going down there with less funds and it turns out they needed to go with more funds than less. So where is the problem with your comments coming from! Lol
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 08, 2013
l think comprehension is a problem here. l have said my piece and it is based on my dealings with FUNLAS, so if you go and he refuses to give you at 8dhs per kilo, that is your problem.There is nothing like the "" generally acceptable fixed price in business "", as long as you dont know how to play your ball very well and negotiate, anything can be forced down your throat, you might be in the same office and FUNLAS is giving somebody 8dhs/kilo and you are paying 10dhs/kilo, what FUNLAS will do for Mr A he will not do with Mr B, FUNLAS is there to make money and if you know how to play your card very well with him, you will get 8dhs per kilo.l rest my case.

justi4jesu:

Why would I have problems with your comments, it is better they are told about the generally accepted fixed price than going down there with less funds and it turns out they needed to go with more funds than less. So where is the problem with your comments coming from! Lol
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 1:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
No need for d drama...we hv heard...whichever way we shall proceed...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Optimisticgondy(m): 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
justi4jesu:

There are places in deira where they sell quality baby wears in dozen prices and also baby shoes for male and female and very nice ones. The cost of sending cargo from Dubai to Nigeria goes as follows:

Dubai charge = 10 to 11dirhams per kilo

Lagos charge = 280 to 300dirhams per kilo

Lagos to Portharcourt = 190 to 300naira per kilo(Home delivery)

Lagos to Abuja = 250 to 400naira per kilo(Home delivery)

As for the Dubai charge per kilo has been fixed since I started using it but as for lagos custom tends to increase their charges every now and then, because they are never satisfied. So always be ready to hear that lagos charges has been increased anytime soon.
Did u want to put Naira after the lagos charge where you put Dirhams up there?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by enesty(m): 1:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hi pls am wanting to seek a job in qatar over there I have a bsc in zoology and woud appreciate any help frm anyone over there
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
Click on Dr.Dre and engineer55 signature profiles, they are the gurus in the house for Qatar issues.

enesty: Hi pls am wanting to seek a job in qatar over there I have a bsc in zoology and woud appreciate any help frm anyone over there
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by finecheek(f): 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
@justi dearie am stil yet to get ur text or call oo! Plz kip me in mind please
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 2:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
Optimisticgondy: Did u want to put Naira after the lagos charge where you put Dirhams up there?
Yes Its in naira as it is now stated there. If you live in lagos, you will spend less in sending cargo because you just have to pay for dubai and lagos charge but people out of lagos spend more that's it.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 2:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
finecheek: @justi dearie am stil yet to get ur text or call oo! Plz kip me in mind please

I still have you in mind dear, anything that comes up I will let you know.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by AreaFada2: 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
ogakpatakpata: You can buy in deira and deira city center; l wont advise you go to the malls because things are very expensive in the malls, although, we have several malls you can explore like Dubai malls,malls of the emirates, if you want to buy things to sell in Nigeria, your best bet will be Deira/Deira city centre. There are several cargo companies you can use from Deira that will assist you to cargo your items to anywhere in Nigeria,in fact, they will pay all the charges both UAE and Nigeria(CUSTOMS) you only walk to their office in lagos to pick your items after payment. Anybody can collect your goods on your behalf as long as you indicate it on your slip.

Thanks so much for this information.

And regarding accommodation, where would you recommend an hotel bearing relative safety and comfort in mind at a decent cost?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by AreaFada2: 4:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
justi4jesu:

There are cheap stuffs around deira where they sell in wholesale and they are very cheap if you buy them and want to re-sell. Like bags, shoes, baby shoes, baby clothings, men's shoes and ladies, if you have someone that can take you round the market then that will be fine or you have someone here that can buy the goods for you and send them to you in nigeria, that will be more economical. Business here is good.

My dear I don't have anybody there o. Lol.

Anyway with people like you, Oga@thetopkpatakpata and others, I cannot say I don't have anyone there sha.

Thanks a lot for the info.

@J4J, a relative wants cheap lingerie to sell back in naija, is it really cheap there?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
@Dr Dre
I was hoping since its oil rich countries, the will give scholarship to people?
Being oil rich isn't a yardstick pls. Nigeria is oil rich. How many of us have got scholarships? Even people from the core oil rich states are lagging behind in terms of level of education so sir, kindly look for ur scholarship else where. If u are interested in free schools, tilt towards some of the Scandinavian countries.

@ Mr. Blaze
Help u start which paper work? Count me out o grin Qatar's hands are full already with all the wahala Nigerians are giving them and u want to come and set up kunu and zobo joint when? Next thing u will want to add paraga, monkey tail and the rest of the poisons grin. Do ur visa first then when u come here, u are free to do whatever paperwork u want to urself tongue
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
There are so many cheap hotels within deira area, everything really depends on your pocket, you can get as cheap as 80dhs per night but you have to share with one or two persons in a room,but, if you want to stay alone in a decent hotel, prepare to spend from 200dhs per night upwards, google will be your best friend here, or you can use www.hrs.com or expatwoman.com and get an idea of cheap hotels accross the UAE.......goodluck.

Area-Fada:

Thanks so much for this information.

And regarding accommodation, where would you recommend an hotel bearing relative safety and comfort in mind at a decent cost?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 4:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
Area-Fada:

My dear I don't have anybody there o. Lol.

Anyway with people like you, Oga@thetopkpatakpata and others, I cannot say I don't have anyone there sha.

Thanks a lot for the info.

@J4J, a relative wants cheap lingerie to sell back in naija, is it really cheap there?

You are welcome, yes lingerie is really cheap here especially if you leave dubai and travel down into Ajman because that's where most of them buy them from then bring them to dubai for sale in wholesale and in cartons.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
Dr.Dre................ l like your sense of humour, you are indeed hilarious;you have made me laugh so much since morning, and now you mentioned "" kunu, zobo and paraga joint "", tears of laughter are dropping from my eyes because of your response to honourable blaze. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy. please it is enough, l don't have strength to laugh again.

@Area-Fada..... l am not really an oga@ the top oooooo!!; l am just a servant of the house who has volunteered to help and assist others.

Dr. Dre:

Being oil rich isn't a yardstick pls. Nigeria is oil rich. How many of us have got scholarships? Even people from the core oil rich states are lagging behind in terms of level of education so sir, kindly look for ur scholarship else where. If u are interested in free schools, tilt towards some of the Scandinavian countries.

@ Mr. Blaze
Help u start which paper work? Count me out o grin Qatar's hands are full already with all the wahala Nigerians are giving them and u want to come and set up kunu and zobo joint when? Next thing u will want to add paraga, monkey tail and the rest of the poisons grin. Do ur visa first then when u come here, u are free to do whatever paperwork u want to urself tongue
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by AreaFada2: 5:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
justi4jesu:

You are welcome, yes lingerie is really cheap here especially if you leave dubai and travel down into Ajman because that's where most of them buy them from then bring them to dubai for sale in wholesale and in cartons.

Thanks my sister.

Is Ajman far from Dubai, how do you travel there and there any particular shops to go to?

Are shoes etc also cheaper in Ajman?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by AreaFada2: 5:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
Lol@ogakpatakpata. He who wants to be the greatest has to be a servant.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
Area-Fada:

Thanks my sister.

Is Ajman far from Dubai, how do you travel there and there any particular shops to go to?

Are shoes etc also cheaper in Ajman?
No its not far from dubai, it is just another state in Uae but close. There is a bus that goes directly to Ajman from dubai. Its a market, will get back to you with the name.

You don't need to go to Ajman for shoes because they have a place in deira called CHINA COMMODITY market where they sell good quality Men,women or children shoes or slippers in dozens and cheap prices too.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
@Area-fada; true talk my brother, in my personal opinion, l will advise and suggest you concentrate your purchases around Deira and Deira city centre, we also have what they call gift market in Sharjah or (1dhs to 10dhs), but, some of the items you will find there are not really quality goods, let your focus and search be on Deira, every thing you need both the good,bad and ugly is within Deira, since you are not a JJC in travelling stuff, arrive the UAE and use you international skills to surf/scan through the market, it might take you a whole day but it will worth the effort.

There is really no big deal in buying goods in Dubai, every shop owner knows that once you come with somebody, he will definitely settle the person at the end of the day, and the person leading or guiding you is not doing it free, whether you meet him/her online or offline. SO GO ALONE.

Finally, l will also add that you don't go to any shop with anybody, pretend you want to buy and take note of all the goings within Deira, you will certainly meet several agents who might want to assist you to go around the market, pretend and go along with them, you can then go back yourself and buy whatever you need.This is my 2cent advise....goodluck.

Area-Fada:

Lol@ogakpatakpata. He who wants to be the greatest has to be a servant.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Akainostate(m): 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
@ogapk, thx 4 d oda day. I cald The 2 airline contact u gave me, but they both said they can't attend 2 me durin weekend. (They don't work durin weknd) that I should 4ward my email 2 dem, that dy we forward all the requirement 2 me. Bro since saturday, no mail no text. I even cal dem, but d way the ethihad airline rep or watefa answer me, am so scared(no gud customer service @all. Emirate refuse 2 pick up my call. Hop all is well? I base in ibadan I could av go down 2 der ofice or watefa to confam the requirement myself buh am considering risk on the road.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
Sorry about that, try and call them again and again, don't be discouraged, perhaps they must have been busy when you called them, if you can go to lagos and meet them at their office, that will be a good idea.

The visa is pretty easy to get, you can do it yourself,l would have dropped one of their staff number here openly for you,but, the forum rules does not allow it, if you still try and cant reach them or get around it, give me a call and l will refer you to any of their staff in lagos to assist you.l have given his number to some few forumites who called and ask for it, but, make sure you ask them to issue you the 1 MONTH EXTENDABLE TOURIST/VISIT VISA,since your intention is to work in the UAE. Enjoy your day......

Akaino state: @ogapk, thx 4 d oda day. I cald The 2 airline contact u gave me, but they both said they can't attend 2 me durin weekend. (They don't work durin weknd) that I should 4ward my email 2 dem, that dy we forward all the requirement 2 me. Bro since saturday, no mail no text. I even cal dem, but d way the ethihad airline rep or watefa answer me, am so scared(no gud customer service @all. Emirate refuse 2 pick up my call. Hop all is well? I base in ibadan I could av go down 2 der ofice or watefa to confam the requirement myself buh am considering risk on the road.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by AreaFada2: 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
Thanks guys for the information
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Ultimatee(m): 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
@ Ogapatapata the one and only Igweee
One of my friends in UAE said its after exiting that employer sends employment visa to would be employee but I totally disagree with him going by all what I have read on this forum that it is advisable to collect the employment visa before exiting due to dubious and dishonesty among some employers, not sending the work visa to the person involve.
I want to know if am right or wrong with this assertion.
Over to Igweeee.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
Both of you are correct; some employers will ask you to exit to your home country and they will eventually send it to you (honourable Valentony) a member of this forum is a testimony here ,but, l don't really like that idea because some of them don't keep to their word, so it is better you collect your employment visa , exit and re-enter with it to the UAE......................Goodluck.

Ultimatee: @ Ogapatapata the one and only Igweee
One of my friends in UAE said its after exiting that employer sends employment visa to would be employee but I totally disagree with him going by all what I have read on this forum that it is advisable to collect the employment visa before exiting due to dubious and dishonesty among some employers, not sending the work visa to the person involve.
I want to know if am right or wrong with this assertion.
Over to Igweeee.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 09, 2013
Description:

RETAIL SALES MERCHANDISER – MOBILE / GSM
We are looking for young and energetic Sales personnel preferably with previous sales experience in Retail outlets.
Eligibility:
• 1-2 years of experience as a Sales Merchandiser for Mobile.
• Must be target oriented with pleasing personality
• Excellent communication skills in English is a must
• Candidates who can join immediately only need to apply
• Should be flexible to work in shifts
• Must be willing to work across various locations in UAE
Salary for English Speaking: AED 2500 + Standard Benefits
(Visit Visa/Tourist Visa only need to apply)

Walk In with your Passport Copy, Visa Copy & 2 Passport Size Photograph.
Day & Date : 9th & 10th (Wednesday & Thursday) October, 2013
Time : 9.00 AM - 2.00 PM
Venue : DULSCO HR Solutions, Al Quoz Ind. Area 4
Metro Stn : First Gulf Bank Station
Bus Routes : F25 from First Gulf Bank Stn, #21 from Bur Dubai
Location map : www.dulsco.com (Go to ‘Contact us’ section)
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:14am On Oct 09, 2013
WALK IN INTERVIEW - Customer Service Executive (CSR)
October 9, 2013 - 2.30 pm to 04.30 pm.
Tel : +971 4 285 3538 ; Interview Venue: Al Rashidya, Umm Ramool, Karachi Darbar Building
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:18am On Oct 09, 2013
Call center / customer service

Walkin Interview

Date : 9th - 10th october

Time: 9.00am - 2.00pm

at Employment services LLC, Al garhoud behinde Emirates Aviation college, Zalfa building, M-floor, room .M03 dubai . expertreach@gmail.com or reach@experts.ae ,

Goodluck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (401)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.