Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,479 members, 7,897,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:26 AM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (668637 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
Imagine o...bribe...tomorrow na nigerians dem go call dubious...lol palmwine dey dubai?...ok o palmwine it is den...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
There is no palmwine in Dubai; maybe you should tell my friends( customs & immigration) that it is meant for the palace in dubai. lol.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by finecheek(f): 3:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
embarassed@ken grin am blushing thank u for ur concern! I really feel so special now. Igwe and I talk regularly.

@ken Abeg u fit help me buy akara n pap from naija oo grin

@justi n all thanks a lot oo, still dey attend interviews n I know somthing gud will happin soonest.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 3:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
finecheek: embarassed@ken grin am blushing thank u for ur concern! I really feel so special now. Igwe and I talk regularly.

@justi n all thanks a lot oo, still dey attend interviews n I know somthing gud will happin soonest.

@finecheek you are welcome just keep attending the interviews, eventually we will hear the good news.

Goodluck
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ola30(m): 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2013
Igwee... i greet u oo,just4jesu more grease to your elbow,all protocol well observed,according to my calculation based on all have learnt in this palace.$2000 is very ok to be on safe side in case of.......but one thing i dont really get is that how much will cost me if i get a job and i was asked to grease palm.IS it depend on the salary or the agent or the HR,just a rough idea.thanks...igweeee

ogakpatakpata: @ken1982...............................l hope you have been able to achieve a mental basis for your trip, the summary of the whole sermon is you must come with enough money; in my personal opinion, after your visa and ticket has been sorted out, make sure you arrive the UAE with a minimum of $2000, anybody telling you otherwise is not helping you, l am really tired of seeing our forumites suffering after few days in Dubai and funny enough they also ask some of this questions you have asked and they still arrive with between $100 to $500 which can disappear within days and some of us here you see giving advises here will not even near such members when they are stranded.l try not to ignore our forumites when they arrive and are stranded, l always try to chip in my widows mite and in some cases call and give them moral support, some of them reading this write-up can testify to that.

Furthermore ,it is easy to give advise in a faceless forum,but, when the chips are down and some members are calling for help in Dubai, trust me, only FEW OF US WITH CONSCIENCE SURFACE TO GIVE OUR WIDOWS MITE. My apologies if l sounded a bit hard on you, l only want the best for you, not just advising you but meeting you physically if possible on arrival to help in whatever capacity l can. That is the essence of life.

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2013
[quote author=ogakpatakpata]There is no palmwine in Dubai; maybe you should tell my friends( customs & immigration) that it is

meant for the palace in dubai. lol. [/quo]

lol...am so cautious of immigration na small bag i dey carry com o
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2013
ola30:
Igwee... i greet u oo,just4jesu more grease to your elbow,all protocol well observed,according to my calculation based on all have learnt in this palace.$2000 is very ok to be on safe side in case of.......but one thing i dont really get is that how much will cost me if i get a job and i was asked to grease palm.IS it depend on the salary or the agent or the HR,just a rough idea.thanks...igweeee

@Ola30 Thanks, yes $2000 is being on a safe side but that doesn't mean if you have more to add you shouldn't carry it along in addition to the minimum of $2000 already adviced. Well if you ask me, it is greasing of palm that got most people scammed in the first place, and besides its not easy to see a palm to grease and a genuine one at that, so don't put your mind in greasing anyone's palm when you are here, you can read back on the pages and you will even see that finecheek is equally looking for whose palm to grease but she is yet to find any.

So don't carry bribe in front of your mind before embarking here so that you won't be lazy about going round and looking for a job. It is obvious that if greasing of palm is as easy as it is said, finecheek would have gotten a job by now, even there are so many people out here that are equally looking for a genuine palm to grease just to get a genuine job but all to no avail. Put God first and every other thing will be added. Don't put bribe first.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 4:29pm On Oct 10, 2013
finecheek: embarassed@ken grin am blushing thank u for ur concern! I really feel so special now. Igwe and I talk regularly.

no o...Ankara n pap ke ...i go make am for u there na
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
Or is beans also expensive in dubai
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
@ola30.................Very hard to say, and it is not an open issue, although, it is illegal in the UAE,but, it is happening big time, your middle man/ link to the job will determine how much grease will come from you, mind you, NO HR will come out openly to ask for bribe.l must be very sincere with you, we have fake agents and the same time we have genuine ones, the question is how do you know the real ones?

The fact that you are been told to grease or settle for jobs doesn't mean you don't believe in God, if you have friends in Dubai, call them and hear from them, that is the pattern and trend now. finecheek can also testify to this issue and l am sure if she has enough money, she should have secured a job by now, it is better you have it at the back of your mind, when you arrive, you will see all that l have shared here, some people arrive and they are left with 1000dhs and they get a good link for job and they are been asked to pay 2,500dhs or more, how will they deal with that.

My friend, l will tell you the gospel truth, you are free to believe whatever you want to, it is really up to you. Jammyng one of our forumites who was banned recently was also in a similar predicament, at a point he got a job but he didnt have enough cash to pay before he left for Nigeria.

Optimisticgondy's family members that arrived Dubai also paid according to him before 3 of them got jobs, does it mean they don't believe in God?or they didnt put God first?......question for you to answer.

The UAE has changed big time and if you dont play your card very well and do the right things, you might arrive here and 2months will just fizzle out without a job. My final advise is for you to call your friends in Dubai and hear from them.Anybody can give advise here,but, you have to read carefully and know the best steps to take.

Finally, are you not surprised that all the jobs we post here daily, NOBODY as far as l can recall for the last 4 or 5 months got any jobs from the forum, that should send a signal to you.There are jobs in the UAE, but, you have to play your cards very well, 2 of our forumites have left for Nigeria, l recall what both of them told me before they departed for Lagos, they where full of regrets for not arriving with enough money, they told me all the places they went for jobs, they where asked to pay various sums of money and they couldn't afford it, for privacy sake, i will not like to mention their names if not they could have shared their stories for all to read.

They where always calling me all through the 2 months they stayed in Dubai, l met them one on one in deira, and even when they where departing , they also called me. l am talking from what l see here in Dubai.Enjoy your day!!

ola30:

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2013
ogakpatakpata: @OBRICADO.......................Somebody asked a similar question about attestation on the 1st october 2013 and this was my response below,l copied and pasted here for you to read, maybe it might help you......you can as well read page 144 of this thread and get full details.

The issue of attestation has been dealt with several times here and this is partly the reason l suggested you read-backwards; for emphasis sake let me repeat, if you can do attestation go ahead,but, if you cannot it makes no difference, computer print out should be fine plus your statement of result.

There are so many close friends from Nigeria and several other countries l have met personally who arrived without attestation and are gainfully employed in the UAE,that is why you see l keep saying l cannot make a general statement,attestation will be a big deal if you are coming here to work in a more senior position like a Medical Doctor/ Health related fields, senior consultants in any Engineering field or if you where to work directly with the UAE government in a senior/sensitive position, otherwise, it is not a big deal. Hope you get my drift?.

Yes I did, thanks very much

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
You are welcome, l know your line went off when you called me, keep in touch as regard what we discussed over the phone. Cheers!!!

OBRICADO:

Yes I did, thanks very much
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by jman77(m): 7:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
@ogakpatakpata,i greet you for the good works you doing here.somebody inquired about kuwait in here and i see it like we both are in the world but suprisinly no replies in respect ot that.please any good thing in KUWAIT? What are the visa requirement and processings cos i believe there's some great things dia thats why saddam hussein invade am that time o.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
[quote author=Ultimatee]@ Ogapatapata. You are too much and I really
Appreciate yur contribution and advise. But we were only given a computer print out. I thing its ok for me to come with and get job with it.
Cheers.[/quot

Pls ogakpatakpata and the entire house d computer print out here is O'level? If yes is there anyway I can do a computer print out with waec scratch card, like I said ealier I lost d original compy of my weac cert in an infeno

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
Yup bro, my airtime got finished, will call back soon...as discused. Udo diri gi

ogakpatakpata: You are welcome, l know your line went off when you called me, keep in touch as regard what we discussed over the phone. Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 7:19pm On Oct 10, 2013
ken1982: @henrimoto lol...at worst i go dey eat am dey go though i do not like spicy food...@justi thanks so much for the advice...@ogapaktapakta thanks Baba...i know i should go through the threads and i have but sometimes i just ask specifics just to enable me achieve a mental basis for approach.it could be repetitive times but trust me it helps o
mr. ken! for the fact that indomie and bread is cheap in dubai, no problem, God has buttered our bread lolzzz..... bread and indomie ! hmnn...solo combination. very nutritious and energetic meal. it can energize one from morning till dusk without eating any other food.all you just need is water! hahahaha.. (mr. ken, hope you understand the combination...?) lolzz.. but mr. ken, is like you don't joke with food o... loolzzzzzz. don't worry we are in the same bus together.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
@jman77................thanks for your kind comments; somebody had earlier opened a thread for kuwait, l have no informations on kuwait, maybe you can post your questions in the link below for those in kuwait to respond.............you are very funny, your question made me laugh....""there are some great things there and thats why Saddam Hussein invaded kuwait"" grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1470592/kuwait-visa-general-enquiries#18696578

jman77: @ogakpatakpata,i greet you for the good works you doing here.somebody inquired about kuwait in here and i see it like we both are in the world but suprisinly no replies in respect ot that.please any good thing in KUWAIT? What are the visa requirement and processings cos i believe there's some great things dia thats why saddam hussein invade am that time o.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
@OBRICADO................You should be fine with your O/Level print out, all things been equal , you can secure a job with with it as long as you do all that has been discussed all through this thread, one big advantage we have as Nigerians in the Middle East is the ability to speak ""ENGLISH LANGUAGE"", that is a big plus when searching for some jobs.Some employers might not look at the chains of Degrees/Diploma's and certificates you come with,they want to see how you can be a solution provider to their organisation, they want to see how you can think with your legs and brain, just package your CV very well and network properly, and anything can happen to you.goodluck.

[quote author=OBRICADO][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2013
@kaffy4tope.................where have you been? quite a decade?. l hope you are fine?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 10, 2013
Okay............enjoy your day!!

OBRICADO: Yup bro, my airtime got finished, will call back soon...as discused. Udo diri gi

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 7:56pm On Oct 10, 2013

Nne, i see you... how you dey.. how was your day jare...? lolzz finecheeks dey blush ? which of d pap do you want ? ogi or akamu... oga ken take note! and the akara... which one of them do you want 'akara elepo' or 'normal akara fried with groundnut' ? dont worry all is well... just keep the smiles alive.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 8:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
henrimoto: mr. ken! for the fact that indomie and bread is cheap in dubai, no problem, God has buttered our bread lolzzz..... bread and indomie ! hmnn...solo combination. very nutritious and energetic meal. it can energize one from morning till dusk without eating any other food.all you just need is water! hahahaha.. (mr. ken, hope you understand the combination...?) lolzz.. but mr. ken, is like you don't joke with food o... loolzzzzzz. don't worry we are in the same bus together.

no o...tryin to cut my coat while living well n healthy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
Okay; just kidding with you, wishing you a safe trip.

[quote author=ken1982][/quote]
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 9:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
ogakpatakpata: Okay; just kidding with you, wishing you a safe trip.

yep...thanks Bros

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by jman77(m): 1:59am On Oct 11, 2013
@ogakpatakpata,thank you so much for the link,i will sure check it out in no time.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 11, 2013
You are welcome!!!

ken1982:

yep...thanks Bros
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:38am On Oct 11, 2013
You are welcome; enjoy your day!!

jman77: @ogakpatakpata,thank you so much for the link,i will sure check it out in no time.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:45am On Oct 11, 2013
@ola30............................this was Optimisticgondy's testimony below in the (bolded form) about his siblings when they arrived Dubai and all three of them secured jobs within 2weeks on arrival, l decided to copy from his past post and paste it here for you to read, you can also click on his signature profile to read more, when we give advise here, we should be able to say and tell everything the way they are so that those coming will be fully prepared, and they wont be taken unawares when they arrive the UAE, l rest my case, the decision is yours to make...............goodluck.

Y[b]ou're right Igwe.....they all paid for the job. Even the two male who first arrived Dubai were once scammed but they got the money back when they couldnt secure the jobs promised then. My advice to anyone going for job search in Dubai is to also prepare money also for job cos the female told me she met a lady without money for job settlement that has been there for close to 2 months now and tha she regretted not having the kind information they had from this thread before coming to Dubai. Igwe, if you see the "Handout" I prepared from this thread and photocopied for my people, ehen you go fear fear...LOLZ. Thanks to God o and by God's Grace, everyone from this thread searching for job in Dubai shall have testimonie very very soon. Amen
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Unlike)
[/b]

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:40am On Oct 11, 2013
@OBRICADO......................l decided to share this unbelievable story with you based on your call and questions to me, l was hanging with some friends last night after work for a drink and one of them happen to be a kenyan and we where discussing about the job situation generally in the UAE, he said that one of his cousins ( female) arrived Dubai 12 days ago and has started working with one of the subsidiaries of AL-FUTTAIM MOTORS,l became curious and asked how did she got the job, he now said that they have another sister who works as a health inspector in Dubai with the government for the past 10yrs, and she was the one that linked the little cousin to the job, guess what, the girl just finished her high school and she only has what we call WAEC CERTIFICATES in Nigeria, they started her with 4,500dhs per month and she works as a CUSTOMER CARE OFFICER.

He went further to say that ,although, the position was advertised online and in some news print in Dubai, her cousin was called all the way from Kenya to arrive Dubai, she gave her CV to the elder sister who works with the government and that was it, l now jokingly asked him, did they settle the HR for the Job, he looked at me and said , are you a stranger in Dubai, don't you know what is happening in the UAE. I share this to encourage you, dont be discouraged with your WAEC CERTIFICATE, anything can happen to you if you do the right things in Dubai......goodluck

Note:For your CV, make it very simple and on point, highlight all your skills,competencies,experiences and Educational qualifications, your email address, no need for Nigeria phone numbers, when you arrive the UAE and get a phone line, you can include it, and put your passport photograph (coloured) at either the top left or top right hand corner of your CV.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:51am On Oct 11, 2013
Restaurant Manager
Assistant Restaurant Manager
Restaurant Supervisor
Chef De Partie
Cook / Commis 1 & 2
Baker & Grilled Food Maker
Sous Chef
Pastry Chef
Pizza Maker
Butcher
Sheesha Maker
Captain / Headwaiter
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Company: A leader in the hospitality industry

Requirements:
Open to any nationality.

Excellent salary package will be given to the qualified candidates.
Open Day on October 14,2013,

Monday,from 10am to 3pm,

Please bring your updated CV to the following location:
Office No.4,First Floor,Reem Al Bawadi Building OppositeTimes Square Mall & Gargash Showroom Shaikh Zayed Road,Dubai,UAE
You can also call us on 04-3808045 & 04-3397550
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 7:16am On Oct 11, 2013
Walk-in Interview Oct. 12 & 13, 2013 (Staff f...
Dubai

We are looking for staff for our Food and Beverage company who are currently in DUBAI and can join our team immediately. Below are the list of positions as follows:

1) Supervisor

2) Cashier

3) Team Member/Crew

4) Pizza Maker

5) Kitchen Staff

If interested please come to our walk in interview. Bring the ff: resume/cv, passport copy & 2x2 recent picture in white background. This is Very Very Urgent Employment! Must be willing to live in company accommodation ONLY ! Persons on Visit Visas are very much welcome.

iNTERVIEW DETAILS:
Date: October 12-13, 2013 - Saturday & Sunday

Time: 12:00pm - 6:00pm

Location: Dubai Festival Centre, 2nd Floor, Unit No. CW041, Food Court Area, Villa Fresh Italian Kitchen.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by finecheek(f): 7:23am On Oct 11, 2013
With all I ve read now am scared!! Dat means my chances of getting a job is so slim cry

@justi n Igwe I ve less than a month left wat do u advise I do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (401)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.