Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,894 members, 7,976,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 06:01 AM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (678103 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by namqul(m): 4:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
Galads: Well I want to first of all appreciate each and everyone who has contributed one way or the other. You guys have made it very easy for pple intending to travel to dubai as easy as A,B,C. I have intentions to travel january but with the news, I am nt giving up but my chances were reduced by 50%.
I don't know if Nigerians over there have a union ( just like a forum wr you meet), to discuss and help each other in one way or the other. Frm what sumbdi once said on this forum, that is why the indians and other countries have an edge over us. You can form a strong ntwrk in the UAE and this issue of illegal Nigerians over there can be settled etc. You guys can go as far as wrking with the UAE government. Its not an easy task from my own perspective, but it is achieveable. We can protect the image of our country starting this way...!!! Thank you all
@ galads dat is just d way forward but it is never too late.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
Galads: Well I want to first of all appreciate each and everyone who has contributed one way or the other. You guys have made it very easy for pple intending to travel to dubai as easy as A,B,C. I have intentions to travel january but with the news, I am nt giving up but my chances were reduced by 50%.
I don't know if Nigerians over there have a union ( just like a forum wr you meet), to discuss and help each other in one way or the other. Frm what sumbdi once said on this forum, that is why the indians and other countries have an edge over us. You can form a strong ntwrk in the UAE and this issue of illegal Nigerians over there can be settled etc. You guys can go as far as wrking with the UAE government. Its not an easy task from my own perspective, but it is achieveable. We can protect the image of our country starting this way...!!! Thank you all

Nice contribution and welcome to the forum, l did proposed the issue of having a serious network of like minds few weeks back and so far l have been able to meet so many members offline, several members of this thread also supported the move,but, it will take time to really have a solid association/union of Nigerians here just like the Indians and other ethnic nationalities, l am sure we shall get there with time.l guess when you also arrive, you will also be part of the union....
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by worry359(m): 4:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
ogakpatakpata: .

Nice contribution and welcome to the forum, l did proposed the issue of having a serious network of like minds few weeks back and so far l have been able to meet so many members offline, several members of this thread also supported the move,but, it will take time to really have a solid association/union of Nigerians here just like the Indians and other ethnic nationalities, l am sure we shall get there with time.l guess when you also arrive, you will also be part of the union....
The problem that I foresee is that if you get a group of Indian people together they will co-operate.
If you get a group of Nigerians then in five min. they will be arguing about tribalism and village wars dating back 200 years. Then they will fight about Christian vs Muslim, Shia vs Sunni.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
namqul: @ mr henrimoto God will rememba u in jesus name i say amen to dat. Men dis news wey una brake affect alot of pple here oo. I still believ dat by 2 15 everytin will be ok.

The news is not really strange, but, we must commend the members of this thread who took their time to bring the information and explained it in a simplified form for intending immigrants to know, don't get it twisted, like it was explained already, there are other tour agencies that can sponsor your visa application to the UAE apart from Etihad & Emirates airlines, the reason why so many people prefer using the airline as their sponsor(s) is because the visa is pretty cheap through them.

Furthermore, if you are to be sponsored by tour companies/agencies or private individuals who have the licence/card to sponsor people to the UAE for the same 1month extendable visa, you will pay heavily, l have seen people who payed between 6 to 8times what the airline charges for the same 1month visa, so if you cannot get it through the airline, then approach sincere tour agencies in the UAE and they will charge you heavily and process your application.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
worry 359:
The problem that I foresee is that if you get a group of Indian people together they will co-operate.
If you get a group of Nigerians then in five min. they will be arguing about tribalism and village wars dating back 200 years. Then they will fight about Christian vs Muslim, Shia vs Sunni.

@worry359........you do have a point there,but, l think from the few friends and members of this thread l have met offline, they seem to be smart, detribalized, focused and will be able to look beyond ethnicity/tribe/religion, even the few Indians l work with in my organisation are also tribalistic, we have the Hindus, Buddhist, Christians, Muslims and Pagans amongst them, but, one thing l observe/noticed with them is that they fight for their common interest, they assist themselves for jobs & businesses, whenever there is a job opening, they quickly spread the news amongst themselves, before you say Jack Robinson, the offer/appointment has gone to an Indian, very smart you may say. l believe we shall get there. Thanks for your contribution.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by namqul(m): 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by samee72(f): 5:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
yeah Justi just been on the sidelines and watching will soon be with you people anyway, how are you doing?

justi4jesu:

Goodday samee72, its been a while, where did you disappear to?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by samee72(f): 5:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
house i got this information today from etihad office after hearing about the new immigration law yesterday from the thread, i was told that the age limit has been reduced to 28yrs so if you are 28yrs and above you can get your visa, but if you are below 28yrs and you've traveled to the UAE before then you should attach a scan copy of your entry and departure date on your visa to your application( i guess your stamped date of arrival into the UAE and the departure date from the UAE on your passport), it could still be speculations but i got the info first hand from etihads today

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
samee72: house i got this information today from etihad office after hearing about the new immigration law yesterday from the thread, i was told that the age limit has been reduced to 28yrs so if you are 28yrs and above you can get your visa, but if you are below 28yrs and you've traveled to the UAE before then you should attach a scan copy of your entry and departure date on your visa to your application( i guess your stamped date of arrival into the UAE and the departure date from the UAE on your passport), it could still be speculations but i got the inf

good news really...fingers crossed
o first hand from etihads today
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 6:08pm On Dec 06, 2013
@ogapaktapakta...what about the oil and gas business terrain....is it also like in Nigeria where everybody is chasing shadows and dubious people are involved
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 6:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
forgive my manners everyone but i salute everyone....ogapaks...justi ...Henry...namquluqulu...samuni ...Dr dre in d building...worrynot...monchou moncherie ...finest chic ...obricado...philinduke and everywhere person in the house
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
ken1982: @ogapaktapakta...what about the oil and gas business terrain....is it also like in Nigeria where everybody is chasing shadows and dubious people are involved

NO! NO!! NO!!..........The UAE is way organized, and there are laws and statutes that protect every sectors of their economy, all the nonsense/official corruption, award of oil blocks to political cronies, pipeline vandalisation by criminals and militants that happens in Nigeria cannot happen here, the security here in the UAE is very tight, that is why when some few guy men, con artist, 419 and fraudsters who arrive the UAE for crime, they arrest them like chickens.That does not imply it is a perfect society,but, they are well organized and disciplined.

lastly, last year about 8 cameroonians hijacked a bullion van containing millions of Dhirams, before they sneak out of the UAE, they where all arrested like rats and are currently facing 25years jail term in the prison, if you are coming here for employment and business with clean intentions, you have no issues,but, anybody coming here with a mischievous mindset, will have his/herself to blame, the security in the UAE is comparable to the western world, with CCTV cameras everywhere.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
@Dr.Dre.................when are you expecting new students in your university in Qatar?... grin cheesy grin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 7:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
@ Ogakpatakpata
It's u trying to draw me out now o. U know I'm just watching from the sidelines. Before I say anything now, u will start falling from iroko tree, mast, etc. I've told u several times that I don't know anything about any university. There's someone here I noticed has a username like 'shokolokobangoshe'. Maybe u should ask the person
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
Dr. Dre:
@ Ogakpatakpata
It's u trying to draw me out now o. U know I'm just watching from the sidelines. Before I say anything now, u will start falling from iroko tree, mast, etc. I've told u several times that I don't know anything about any university. There's someone here I noticed has a username like 'shokolokobangoshe'. Maybe u should ask the person

hahahahahaha.......falls, faints, falls again, faints and falls again; what is shokolokobangoshe?..............your comment made me fall from my camel and it has ran and left me behind in the desert, why are you doing this Dr.Dre?. grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by namqul(m): 8:41pm On Dec 06, 2013

hahahahahaha.......falls, faints, falls again, faints and falls again; what is shokolokobangoshe?..............your comment made me fall from my camel and it has ran and left me behind in the desert, why are you doing this Dr.Dre?. grin grin cheesy grin grin
@ ogapaktapata and dr dre i just love it when i hear u say fall and faint. If u faint we go pour u pammy. Dr dre u always rememba me of my late MOTHER when u say SHOCOLOCOBANGOSHE. I feel relief so many time reading this thread . More blessing
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by namqul(m): 8:42pm On Dec 06, 2013

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
namqul: @ ogapaktapata and dr dre i just love it when i hear u say fall and faint. If u faint we go pour u pammy. Dr dre u always rememba me of my late MOTHER when u say SHOCOLOCOBANGOSHE. I feel relief so many time reading this thread . More blessing

@namqul.........you are indeed hilarious, l wouldn't mind the palm wine been poured on me..lol....hahahaha....... cheesy grin cheesy, cheer up my brother, l know how you feel, but, things will work out well for you as we enter the new year 2014, dont give up your dreams/visions and goals, as long as you carry a positive mindset, forget the past set backs, and look into your future with positive imaginations, l see your setback turn to a powerful comeback for you, "' tough times never last but tough people do"", "" winners never quit and quitters never win"".

As long as you continue to hope for the best, plan, work and walk towards your dreams, surround yourself with eagle friends, distance yourself from chickens, and very soon, you will soar beyond the storms/challenges of life like an eagle and achieve your goals, remember the eagle is the only bird that takes pleasure in flying towards the direction of storms, it faces any storm with strength.Wish you all the best/luck and favour. Cheers.

@Dr.Dre........over to you, respond to namqul's question. cheesy grin cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 9:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
igweee... Our one and only Bishop of "ENCOURAGEMENT CATHEDRAL !" you make me remember "majekodumi fasheu" (majek fashek) in one of his last songs that says "if you have faith you can move mountain......... dont worry my brother, dont worry friend...." hmnnn... *** God help us.***

@namqul.........you are indeed hilarious, l wouldn't mind the palm wine been poured on me..lol....hahahaha....... cheesy grin cheesy, cheer up my brother, l know how you feel, but, things will work out well for you as we enter the new year 2014, dont give up your dreams/visions and goals, as long as you carry a positive mindset, forget the past set backs, and look into your future with positive imaginations, l see your setback turn to a powerful comeback for you, "' tough times never last but tough people do"", "" winners never quit and quitters never win"".

As long as you continue to hope for the best, plan, work and walk towards your dreams, surround yourself with eagle friends, distance yourself from chickens, and very soon, you will soar beyond the storms/challenges of life like an eagle and achieve your goals, remember the eagle is the only bird that takes pleasure in flying towards the direction of storms, it faces any storm with strength.Wish you all the best/luck and favour. Cheers.

@Dr.Dre........over to you, respond to namqul's question. cheesy grin cheesy

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 10:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
namqul: if u make it to iran atleast u go teach us to how u do it. Ok God will guide u.
Amen. But I need ppl to volunteer. All expense paid.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by tunnex190: 10:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
I hail everyone on this thread. I am very new on travel section and I am sure I'd definately find people who will put me through the steps I am about to take as regards my immigration process to Qatar.

I graduated in 2011 but I am yet to find a good job that would fetch me some dough, so I am planning to apply for working visa and migrate to Qatar.

My questions are:

1. Is it advisable to migrate to Qatar?
2. If I migrate, what is the probability of finding or getting a job there?
3. Is it also advisable to apply through tour agencies or airline?
4. If I should apply through airline, which of the airlines is to consult?
5. What are the necessary documents to prepare for the processing apart from Intl. Passport?
6. Any additional piece of advice given will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by tunnex190: 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
I hail everyone on this thread. I am very new on travel section and I am sure I'd definately find people who will put me through the steps I am about to take as regards my immigration process to Qatar.

I graduated in 2011 but I am yet to find a good job that would fetch me some dough, so I am planning to apply for working visa and migrate to Qatar.

My questions are:

5. What are the necessary documents to prepare for the processing apart from Intl. Passport?

Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:38am On Dec 07, 2013
tunnex190: I hail everyone on this thread. I am very new on travel section and I am sure I'd definately find people who will put me through the steps I am about to take as regards my immigration process to Qatar.

My questions are:

Thanks

1. That is a decision only you can make

2. It depends on several factors and nobody can guarantee how soon you will secure a job

3. Qatar seems not to be a do it yourself, you must go through a third party/agent/family member/trusted friend, currently, the 5year work visa has been suspended against Nigerinans according to those who are there,although, it is not impossible to get it but it is going to be very expensive.

4. Airlines(Qatar airways) can only sponsor you for a brief visit like 14days, Qatar has both 6 monhts visit visa and the 5years work visa, the 5year work visa is the best if you intend to work in Qatar.

5.Once you get a trusted sponsor in Qatar, all the requirements will be explained to you.

6.Take your time and read backwards on this thread, alternatively click on Dr.Dre's signature profile, he is based in Qatar , he and other members have posted in-depth analysis of all the challenges in Qatar, information/knowledge is power, if you take your time to read backwards, it will help you make an informed decision.

7. Don't spam the thread with the same questions, one post is enough for honourable members to respond.

Enjoy a robust reading session.

Goodluck.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by namqul(m): 6:43am On Dec 07, 2013

@namqul.........you are indeed hilarious, l wouldn't mind the
palm wine been poured on me..lol....hahahaha....... cheesy grin cheesy, cheer up
my brother, l know how you feel, but, things will work out well for you
as we enter the new year 2014, dont give up your dreams/visions and
goals, as long as you carry a positive mindset, forget the past set
backs, and look into your future with positive imaginations, l see your
setback turn to a powerful comeback for you, "' tough times never last
but tough people do"", "" winners never quit and quitters never win"".

As long as you continue to hope for the best, plan, work and walk
towards your dreams, surround yourself with eagle friends, distance
yourself from chickens, and very soon, you will soar beyond the
storms/challenges of life like an eagle and achieve your goals, remember
the eagle is the only bird that takes pleasure in flying towards the
direction of storms, it faces any storm with strength.Wish you all the
best/luck and favour. Cheers.

@Dr.Dre........over to you, respond to namqul's question. cheesy grin
cheesy

@oga gud morning sir, thanx and God bless u abundantly. ok d time is 06;41am here, so it is fresh morning all ur prayer 4 me is going up straight to baba.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 9:29am On Dec 07, 2013
here is a chat between me and a ghanaian resident in dubai. Its really bad; the image some nigerian potrays ova there. This is the third person telling me same tin
Kojo:
Alright good luck, just make sure you keep your passport and and dont allow your country men to give it to another person
to travel out, What your people do here is very very bad. And its getting worse.
Yesterday at 3:39pm·Sent from Chat

Natty:
Wow
Yesterday at 3:40pm·Seen Fri 4:08pm

Kojo
When they bring you in then they sell your passport to another who doesnt to travel out of dubai to their country
Yesterday at 3:40pm·Sent from Chat

Natty:
Is dat really possible
Yesterday at 3:40pm

Kojo
A lot of Nigerians cant come home because their passport has been sold
Just find a trusted person , very very trusted

Natty:
Officially, i dont have any one yet
Yesterday at 3:41pm·Seen Fri 4:08pm
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 9:59am On Dec 07, 2013
that's really good to know ...thank you

NO! NO!! NO!!..........The UAE is way organized, and there are laws and statutes that protect every sectors of their economy, all the nonsense/official corruption, award of oil blocks to political cronies, pipeline vandalisation by criminals and militants that happens in Nigeria cannot happen here, the security here in the UAE is very tight, that is why when some few guy men, con artist, 419 and fraudsters who arrive the UAE for crime, they arrest them like chickens.That does not imply it is a perfect society,but, they are well organized and disciplined.

lastly, last year about 8 cameroonians hijacked a bullion van containing millions of Dhirams, before they sneak out of the UAE, they where all arrested like rats and are currently facing 25years jail term in the prison, if you are coming here for employment and business with clean intentions, you have no issues,but, anybody coming here with a mischievous mindset, will have his/herself to blame, the security in the UAE is comparable to the western world, with CCTV cameras everywhere.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by tunnex190: 11:07am On Dec 07, 2013

1. That is a decision only you can make

2. It depends on several factors and nobody can guarantee how soon you will secure a job

3. Qatar seems not to be a do it yourself, you must go through a third party/agent/family member/trusted friend, currently, the 5year work visa has been suspended against Nigerinans according to those who are there,although, it is not impossible to get it but it is going to be very expensive.

4. Airlines(Qatar airways) can only sponsor you for a brief visit like 14days, Qatar has both 6 monhts visit visa and the 5years work visa, the 5year work visa is the best if you intend to work in Qatar.

5.Once you get a trusted sponsor in Qatar, all the requirements will be explained to you.

6.Take your time and read backwards on this thread, alternatively click on Dr.Dre's signature profile, he is based in Qatar , he and other members have posted in-depth analysis of all the challenges in Qatar, information/knowledge is power, if you take your time to read backwards, it will help you make an informed decision.

7. Don't spam the thread with the same questions, one post is enough for honourable members to respond.

Enjoy a robust reading session.

Goodluck.

Thanks a lot brother. I didn't intend to spam the thread, it was as a result of multiple clicks.

Once again, I really appreciate your kind response. I sure will find time to follow this thread and also do exactly what you told me to do.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 12:07pm On Dec 07, 2013
nattybanta: here is a chat between me and a ghanaian resident in dubai. Its really bad; the image some nigerian potrays ova there. This is the third person telling me same tin
Kojo:
Alright good luck, just make sure you keep your passport and and dont allow your country men to give it to another person
to travel out, What your people do here is very very bad. And its getting worse.
Yesterday at 3:39pm·Sent from Chat

Natty:
Wow
Yesterday at 3:40pm·Seen Fri 4:08pm

Kojo
When they bring you in then they sell your passport to another who doesnt to travel out of dubai to their country

Natty:
Is dat really possible
Yesterday at 3:40pm

Kojo
A lot of Nigerians cant come home because their passport has been sold
Just find a trusted person , very very trusted

Natty:
Officially, i dont have any one yet
Yesterday at 3:41pm·Seen Fri 4:08pm

Thats exactly the advice we have been pointing out to intending travellers that they should be careful with their passports because once those scammers and fraudsters get hold of it, then it is the end because they will sell it out to others who intend to travel back to nigeria. Thats the business they do.

So be smart and careful about everyone.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 12:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
justi4jesu:

Thats exactly the advice we have been pointing out to intending travellers that they should be careful with their passports because once those scammers and fraudsters get hold of it, then it is the end because they will sell it out to others who intend to travel back to nigeria. Thats the business they do.

So be smart and careful about everyone.
But after selling it, how do dey intend using it. Cos I believe the face can never be dsame.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
tunnex190:

Thanks a lot brother. I didn't intend to spam the thread, it was as a result of multiple clicks.

Once again, I really appreciate your kind response. I sure will find time to follow this thread and also do exactly what you told me to do.

You are welcome always.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
nattybanta:
But after selling it, how do dey intend using it. Cos I believe the face can never be dsame.

You are not getting the message she is passing across to you, let me add to what she has explained, once they get hold of your passport, irrespective of the face on it, they can match it with a resemblance/look alike client and the client will use that same passport to travel to Nigeria, another way they use it is, they send it to lagos with the picture of the client they have in the UAE, it is transplanted, sent back to the UAE and it can now be used to travel to Nigeria. The passport racketeering is a big business in the UAE, it can go for between 2000 to 4000AED or more,so like she advised, keep your passport very well.

They are able to get away with this crime because when arriving the UAE the immigration at the airport takes your finger print and also capture your iris (eye), but when exiting the UAE they dont do all that capturing, it is relaxed since you are exiting,but, l heard that the UAE immigration are aware of this fraud amongst immigrants and will plug the loophole.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2013
nattybanta:

Exactly what has been explained to you, that is how it works.

The people handling the business here have their working colleagues at the Nigerian immigration so they do everything there in nigeria and send them back to the Uae for consumption..lol

Thats why most of those TECO boys are relaxed because they have in mind on buying a passport when going back home.

But there was a TECO guy that was caught by immigration recently, he went searching for a passport to go back to nigeria with, and was equally looking to get a cheaper one, so a guy informed him that there is a cheaper one he can get.

He was taken there and he bought the passport at a cheaper rate than the normal price they get the authentic one, while he got to dubai airport, he was arrested because of the fake passport.

He never knew that the cheaper one he bought wasnt sent to nigerian immigration to work on it but the guy that sold it to him arranged it here and just used his passport to cover the previous person's face unknown to the guy that the passport wasnt genuine.

Thats the story of a guy that fell victim and was caught with a fake passport.

So be careful and Smart when doing things or dealing with people in a foreign land.

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (401)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.