Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,940 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:03 AM

Forex Trading - Season 13 - Business (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 13 (660641 Views)

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (703) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Kirinwa: 6:20am On May 20, 2013
EurNzd Sellstop at 1.5800
GbpNzd Sellstop at 1.8700
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by NonFarmPayrol: 6:41am On May 20, 2013
uncle2010: this your new name na bomb grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin
been using it for some time now cool
Traders are all part of the non farm payroll are'nt we wink
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Odionastron: 7:21am On May 20, 2013
Please I'ld like to get some enlightenment from the house. cool

Which contains lesser risks(assuming you have enough bankroll): Trading on Monthly time frame as against trading on lesser time frames like 1hr, 5mins etc.

Please I dont want any answer related to trading technique--Try to avoid that. Thanks.---though you could add it, if you can't just avoid it. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 7:31am On May 20, 2013
mayten30: I remember when I saw like 5 topics concerning market makers and ecns and others and those that talked about the topics where different 5 top forex traders including george soros and one shocking thing was that they all had different views about the topic and I realized that no one can be sure they are right but can just share their opinion so you can spare the enlightment to the new-bies but concerning market makers or ecn as long as I have a broker that is not cheating me and am making my moolah what else remain again?I remembered when someone also told me that trading on yen pairs is rubbish and it is gambling and I met another forex trader that has being trading on only uj for the past 4 years and is earning at least 80 percent monthly with good compounding
U don talk am finish.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 7:32am On May 20, 2013
InvertedHammer:

Yes. You are very correct. Forex market is bigger than any individual broker. The only gimmick these brokers play is to overstretch the spread to hit people's SL especially during news release, new week opening on Sunday or worst case scenario, freeze their platform until it is all over.

But a smart and savvy trader can bypass all these fraudulent bumps.
GBAM!!
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 7:47am On May 20, 2013
Odionastron: Please I'ld like to get some enlightenment from the house. cool

Which contains lesser risks(assuming you have enough bankroll): Trading on Monthly time frame as against trading on lesser time frames like 1hr, 5mins etc.

Please I dont want any answer related to trading technique--Try to avoid that. Thanks.---though you could add it, if you can't just avoid it. smiley smiley smiley
Monthly time frame? Lwkm. Bros how much dey your account biko?
Anyway, monthly timeframe is very sweet and lovely! Err just that you should be ready to place just 12 trades a year and be able to take 3,000pip losses grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by NonFarmPayrol: 8:17am On May 20, 2013
Piponomics:
Monthly time frame? Lwkm. Bros how much dey your account biko?
Anyway, monthly timeframe is very sweet and lovely! Err just that you should be ready to place just 12 trades a year and be able to take 3,000pip losses grin

cases closed grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Odionastron: 8:19am On May 20, 2013
Any other
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Kirinwa: 8:50am On May 20, 2013
GbpNzd sell triggered at 1.8700 and Gold buy triggered at 1350.Babysitting my trade ..
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by XHTML: 8:54am On May 20, 2013
Odionastron: Please I'ld like to get some enlightenment from the house. cool

Hmm. Well let's look at it from this angle. If you're on the monthly timeframe, you'll basically be analyzing where the price would go in a month's time, same with the daily, four hour and so on.

Now, the shorter timeframes tend to move faster and is plagued by lots of noise and volatility. The higher you go the smoother it becomes. You have to be aware that "speculating" where the price would be in a month time would take you a longer time to calculate (and get good entry opportunities) than on the lower time frames.

But you'll have more time to do your analysis (and get it right), and won't take rash decisions due to erratic price movements. So it's riskier (in the sense that you're bound to make mistakes) to trade lower time-frames.

Overall if depends on your trading plan/pattern. If you're scalping, you have no business with anything over 30mins. But longer term traders would want to get a broader perspective.

PS: If you're not trading directly on the interbank via an ECN broker, don't think of scalping. The spreads would take you out faster than you can say "No Way".

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Kirinwa: 9:07am On May 20, 2013
In forex, quality trades should be preferred over quantity trades.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Kirinwa: 9:21am On May 20, 2013
Kirinwa: GbpNzd sell triggered at 1.8700 and Gold buy triggered at 1350.Babysitting my trade ..
cool
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by XHTML: 9:30am On May 20, 2013
Kirinwa: In forex, quality trades should be preferred over quantity trades.

Exactly.

In Forex trading, it all boils down to one thing in the end.

How much you make when you're right, and how much you lose when you're wrong.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by ayox2003: 9:40am On May 20, 2013
Not trading today. Still holding my AUDUSD and Gold short.

Frawzey
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 9:49am On May 20, 2013
XHTML:

Exactly.

Now you are talking but allow me to add...and how much you withdraw from your account - we are not trading just to grow our e-cash but to turn the e-cash into real cash and pay bills with it.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by NonFarmPayrol: 9:49am On May 20, 2013
XHTML:

Exactly.

How much you make when you're right, and how much you lose when you're wrong

simple definition of a good trader to me.

there are good analysts but bad traders, and vice versa, i prefer being a bad analyst but a good trader
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by NonFarmPayrol: 9:50am On May 20, 2013
Pipsland78:
Now you are talking but allow me to add...and how much you withdraw from your account - we are not trading just to grow our e-cash but to turn the e-cash into real cash and pay bills with it.
+1
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by JAkpayen(m): 11:40am On May 20, 2013
@all
#Has anyone tried connecting to the internet using a decoder as modem?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by lordaustin(m): 11:54am On May 20, 2013
Kirinwa: GbpNzd sell triggered at 1.8700 and Gold buy triggered at 1350.Babysitting my trade ..

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 20, 2013
ayox2003: Not trading today. Still holding my AUDUSD and Gold short.

Frawzey

+1, added a sell stop to my gold position on gold ar 1317, for mission 1275 and below plus i joined the AU sell today.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by kcc515(m): 12:41pm On May 20, 2013
Thread is light again, Monday abi?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by kcc515(m): 12:53pm On May 20, 2013
naijababe:

+1, added a sell stop to my gold position on gold ar 1317, for mission 1275 and below plus i joined the AU sell today.

1317?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by kcc515(m): 1:00pm On May 20, 2013
naijababe:

Sell stop at 1317, over 350 pips below current price?? Boss, why?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Kirinwa: 1:10pm On May 20, 2013
kcc515:

Sell stop at 1317, over 350 pips below current price?? Boss, why? grin grin grin

Fear of gold is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Kirinwa: 1:13pm On May 20, 2013
lordaustin:

shocked shocked shocked

Bros why are you shocked?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Kirinwa: 1:16pm On May 20, 2013
Gold target 1360
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by kcc515(m): 1:16pm On May 20, 2013
Kirinwa:

Fear of gold is the beginning of wisdom.
Your buy is green now. 'was watching but I never get liver to go upstream, waiting for return leg..
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Kirinwa: 1:24pm On May 20, 2013
kcc515: Your buy is green now. 'was watching but I never get liver to go upstream, waiting for return leg..

Target hit.Am out. Remains gbpnzd
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 20, 2013
kcc515:

Sell stop at 1317, over 350 pips below current price?? Boss, why?

So I won't miss out if price gets to and exceeds prior recent low at 1321
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by kcc515(m): 1:49pm On May 20, 2013
naijababe:

So I won't miss out if price gets to and exceeds prior recent low at 1321

April 16.. Lower low= Bearish.. I get the drift, u know sey u be my mentor wink
...That's good foresight
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by FOREXMART(m): 2:15pm On May 20, 2013
XHTML:

Exactly.

Here is a formula to judge your trading. If your trades don't fall under any of the following category or profile then you are probably a struggling trader, no disrespect intended.

The formula is as follows.
RRR= Risk reward ratio
WLR= Win loss ratio

RRR+WLR= profit/loss

A. rrr= 1:1 minimum where wlr=60:40 minimum
B. rrr= 1:2,3,4,5..... minimum
Where wlr=50:50 minimum.

Just saying.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by fxbomovi: 2:22pm On May 20, 2013
Anyone on uj sell? Gold shock me today

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (703) (Reply)

How To Make Regular Income Offering HOT Digital Marketing Services On Fiverr / ➜ ➜ ➜ Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 17 ➜ ➜ ➜ / ➜ ➜ ➜ Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 16 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.