Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,371 members, 7,964,495 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 02:50 PM

The Pope Resigns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Pope Resigns (855 Views)

See The Pope In Commercial Airline. / Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor Resigns / Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pope Resigns by darlingbas(m): 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2013
Re: The Pope Resigns by GARRIx7(m): 12:12pm On Feb 11, 2013
The Pope is to resign at the end of this month in an entirely unexpected development, the Vatican has confirmed.

The 85-year-old became Pope Benedict XVI in April 2005 following the death of John Paul II.

The reasons behind the pontiff's surprise resignation have yet to emerge.

At 78, the former Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger was one of the oldest new popes in history when elected.

I suspect health reasons....
Re: The Pope Resigns by jeron1(m): 12:17pm On Feb 11, 2013
Wonderful...i hope a Nigerian is picked. I now see why the catholics pulled out from CAN so that dey won't call dem politicians wen fightin for the post of pope
Re: The Pope Resigns by slimming: 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2013
It may be on health ground.
Re: The Pope Resigns by Rufex07(m): 12:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
fingers crossed

(1) (Reply)

Yemi: Look At This Houses And Jakande 4 Years.. Thousand Of Them / Polio Killings: Dr. Ahmed Datti Started It / U.S. To Honour Nigerian Activist, Joe Odumakin, Nine Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.