Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,751 members, 7,898,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 04:41 PM

Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone (34409 Views)

As An Etisalat Internet Subscriber U Should Do This / How To Root Your Java Phone And Start Minimizing / Root Your Andriod Phones Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by falansa: 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
falansa:

4.0.4 that shld be ice cream i guess. I also want to upgrade to d latest OS (jellyfish). any tip on how to do so?

still waiting for my solution bro
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Debeloved87(m): 8:25pm On Mar 21, 2013
Debeloved87: pls help o...my unlocked airtel modem is saying "in-valued integer" and "Eaccess violation" after inserting into my laptop(with any sim on it either airtel or whatever sim), the problem just started yesterday...i tried to re-run it yet still came out with that error....what can i do.
pls help oooooo
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by bolaige: 10:10am On Mar 22, 2013
Pls i need guide on rooting my galaxy s (korean version). Am currently running Os 2.3.6(gingerbread)
tnx in anticipatn.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by paragonpro: 10:43am On Mar 22, 2013
i have been trying to root my Aoson M71G tablet for up to a week now with no success. I downloaded unlockroot on my pc and clicked root it restarted my android tablet and said it is rooted but when i try to open droidvpn, it says my tablet is not rooted. The unlockroot program also installed battery saver on my tablet and supersaver, but it is still not rooted.

I need help in rooting this tablet.

i just checked the unlockroot website and realized that Aoson is not among supported phones.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 1:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
falansa:

still waiting for my solution bro
Check the last post on page 4 it's hidden. That was your guide to jelly been and root. For some reason I was banned from posting for 24hrs. I've been sending pm to admins to unhide the post I guess they ignored
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 1:09pm On Mar 22, 2013
Debeloved87: pls help oooooo
Ah ah. Wrong thread na
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 1:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
bolaige: Pls i need guide on rooting my galaxy s (korean version). Am currently running Os 2.3.6(gingerbread)
tnx in anticipatn.
Download superoneclick on your pc. Run it and click root. It does all the hard work in a sec
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 1:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
paragonpro: i have been trying to root my Aoson M71G tablet for up to a week now with no success. I downloaded unlockroot on my pc and clicked root it restarted my android tablet and said it is rooted but when i try to open droidvpn, it says my tablet is not rooted. The unlockroot program also installed battery saver on my tablet and supersaver, but it is still not rooted.

I need help in rooting this tablet.

i just checked the unlockroot website and realized that Aoson is not among supported phones.
That tablet should come pre rooted. Wonder why it's asking for root
If it's not rooted from factory, no hope here.
doesn't need superuser for you to know it's rooted. It grants access automatically. Check well.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by paragonpro: 3:45pm On Mar 22, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
That tablet should come pre rooted. Wonder why it's asking for root
If it's not rooted from factory, no hope here.
doesn't need superuser for you to know it's rooted. It grants access automatically. Check well.

I suspect the problem must have been caused by the attempt to root using unlock root. I did not know it comes prerooted. I would do a factory reset, ,maybe that would return it to the factory settings and leave it rooted.

Thank you for the info.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by falansa: 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
Check the last post on page 4 it's hidden. That was your guide to jelly been and root. For some reason I was banned from posting for 24hrs. I've been sending pm to admins to unhide the post I guess they ignored

since ur post is hidden, how do i now go abt it? maybe u should re-explain for me here. sorry you got banned.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by bolaige: 5:44pm On Mar 22, 2013
Much tnx..i'l let u knw hw it went
HOLLASLYD:
Download superoneclick on your pc. Run it and click root. It does all the hard work in a sec
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 6:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
paragonpro:

I suspect the problem must have been caused by the attempt to root using unlock root. I did not know it comes prerooted. I would do a factory reset, ,maybe that would return it to the factory settings and leave it rooted.

Thank you for the info.
Kk try and let me know

falansa:

since ur post is hidden, how do i now go abt it? maybe u should re-explain for me here. sorry you got banned.
Kk I will repost with one link
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Shawnpp(m): 7:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
hi plz i need some help. i got all the files ready but odin cant see ma phone. when i plug my gt p5100 andriod phone, the pc only charges it but cant connect to odin. l tried connecting to kies also but it cant. i downloaded and installed samsung usb drivers but still no way. plz help
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 8:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
Shawnpp: hi plz i need some help. i got all the files ready but odin cant see ma phone. when i plug my gt p5100 andriod phone, the pc only charges it but cant connect to odin. l tried connecting to kies also but it cant. i downloaded and installed samsung usb drivers but still no way. plz help
you must be funny
put your tab into download mode. thats how odin detects it
press and hold power key with volume down to enter
i hope you know what your are doing
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 8:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
falansa:

4.0.4 that shld be ice cream i guess. I also want to upgrade to d latest OS (jellyfish). any tip on how to do so?
download the stock jelly bean rom from this link http://www.hotfile.com/dl/197277963/18a379f/I9100UHMS9_I9100TCEMS3_TCE.zip.html
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 8:22pm On Mar 22, 2013
then download odin 1.85
put your device into download by pressing and holding volume down+home key+power button
download samsung usb drivers before running this
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 8:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
download odin and samsung usb drivers from this post
HOLLASLYD:
Sorry for the late response. Has been busy
Download Samsung USB drivers
Or gotl Samsung website and download keis
Download Odin
Run odin
SElect PDA
Locate the rom you downloaded then click start
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 8:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
i will post how to root that rom after you have successfully flashed the jelly bean rom
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Shawnpp(m): 9:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
you must be funny
put your tab into download mode. thats how odin detects it
press and hold power key with volume down to enter
i hope you know what your are doing
ofcos i did put ma tab into download mode b4 connecting to pc but odin cant c ma tab!
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
Shawnpp:
ofcos i did put ma tab into download mode b4 connecting to pc but odin cant c ma tab!
what windows do you run currently?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Shawnpp(m): 9:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
what windows do you run currently?
window 8. even kies at a seperate time did not detect my tab but can charge it
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 10:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
Shawnpp:
window 8. even kies at a seperate time did not detect my tab but can charge it
uninstall samsung usb drivers you have
uninstall kies
restart pc
download and install this https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2yi5iraca75vi2/Samsung_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.14.0.exe
run again it will detect
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by BB013(m): 11:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
Pls I need info on how to root my s3 mini.. Running on jellyBeans
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Shawnpp(m): 9:30am On Mar 23, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
uninstall samsung usb drivers you have
uninstall kies
restart pc
download and install this https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2yi5iraca75vi2/Samsung_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.14.0.exe
run again it will detect
.ok, i will do just that thankx.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by ikare(m): 1:14pm On Mar 23, 2013
I hv tried unsuccessfully to root my xperia mini pro running ics 4.0.4. I hv tried superone click, z4root n some other stuff. I later learned dat I need to downgrade to GB first.is there any way round ds?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2013
B_B013: Pls I need info on how to root my s3 mini.. Running on jellyBeans
jelly bean which baseband version check in about device through settings
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2013
ikare: I hv tried unsuccessfully to root my xperia mini pro running ics 4.0.4. I hv tried superone click, z4root n some other stuff. I later learned dat I need to downgrade to GB first.is there any way round ds?
lie lie ics is not rootable on that device must downgrade to GB
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by ikare(m): 12:10am On Mar 24, 2013
HOLLASLYD: lie lie ics is not rootable on that device must downgrade to GB
pls can u help?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 11:43am On Mar 24, 2013
ikare: pls can u help?
I post instructions for people that can stretch the device themselves. If that's what you are asking for. Then you can either get the device to me to do the hardwork myself with your token.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by coruso(m): 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2013
Thks I jst rooted my galaxy y pro running andiode 2.2 can I upgrade it to jelly bean?, if yes how?.
What usefull apps can I instull now to maximise my phone? Thks.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 24, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
This post is not directed to S duos, I only used it as an example. Read that line again. I stated its basically for first generation android device.
As for the keyboard, everyone has their own specialties. Swiftkey can't smell my phone grin smartkeyboard is my best installed it and made it default on my duos and tab
As for the rooting, if u can do it yourself, let me know so that I will guide u. Must have a laptop to achieve this and must understand the implications. Am not responsible for any damage to ya device if u do it wrongly.

smart keyboard is da bomb. d prediction eh . if I hear..
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by sfiea: 4:20am On Mar 25, 2013
Smartkeyboard trial or paid?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? / Whatsapp Is Now Entirely End-to-end Encrypted / How To Check Bvn On Mtn Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.