Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,726 members, 7,898,533 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 02:30 PM

Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone (34407 Views)

As An Etisalat Internet Subscriber U Should Do This / How To Root Your Java Phone And Start Minimizing / Root Your Andriod Phones Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:57am On Apr 18, 2013
johndwayy: pls can I root my tecno n7? if yes, how do I go abt it, thanks
Its rootable but I don't have a way around it
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by BB013(m): 6:05am On Apr 21, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
follow the process carefully you will get it done http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1695514

Thanks...
After this what next?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by casid: 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
Good day to you all... I'm new to the android OS and I'm using Nexus 4 precisely that I got some weeks ago. Before buying the device, I read a thread about how I can use bb subscription to browse on this device which I tried but I was unable to get through.. The phone is new and its not rooted yet.. Please any advice as to how browse effectively on the device.. thank you..
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by IdeeEsperanza(m): 6:01am On Apr 22, 2013
casid: Good day to you all... I'm new to the android OS and I'm using Nexus 4 precisely that I got some weeks ago. Before buying the device, I read a thread about how I can use bb subscription to browse on this device which I tried but I was unable to get through.. The phone is new and its not rooted yet.. Please any advice as to how browse effectively on the device.. thank you..
Use Airel BIS.
Load N1200
Send BSM to 440
Wait for a confimation message & instruction
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:02am On Apr 22, 2013
B_B013:

Thanks...
After this what next?
Upgrading to ics or jelly bean
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by tatchero(m): 10:24am On Apr 26, 2013
idee.esperanza:
I just acquired samsung galaxy grand duos. Is it adviseable to root it?
well the choice is yours. rooting voids the phones warranty. but in Nigeria warranty only exist on the papers. on the other hand rooting unleashes the full power of your handheld device.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by IdeeEsperanza(m): 7:41pm On Apr 26, 2013
tatchero: well the choice is yours. rooting voids the phones warranty. but in Nigeria warranty only exist on the papers. on the other hand rooting unleashes the full power of your handheld device.
Thanks!
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by samnex(m): 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2013
bola4love: I just get Samsung galaxy note Gt-i9220 but I think is China and is working with 1 sim and is browsing but dnt Ave opera on it...d browser is work...how can I knw if is andriod if it can be root and work with andriod app...b'cos I c something like java app on it... Plz any one to help me plz
U do enter one chance b dat
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by shosky1794: 11:37am On Apr 27, 2013
Seriously, I'm fed up with this rooting thing. I don't think rooting should be as problematic as this. Lost my galaxy y pro duos then decided to get the Tecno N3. I've been on rooting since yesterday, still, no luck. I'm done all that i should but it's becoming frustrating for me. Any help, please.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2013
shosky1794: Seriously, I'm fed up with this rooting thing. I don't think rooting should be as problematic as this. Lost my galaxy y pro duos then decided to get the Tecno N3. I've been on rooting since yesterday, still, no luck. I'm done all that i should but it's becoming frustrating for me. Any help, please.
Its either you continue applying the rooting procedure by brainrex, or you bring it to me with ya token. The same process is what i will use no magic and it will be done in 10 mins tops
JUst a heads up. Uninstall both poot and ministro
Install poot and start afresh. If still doesnt work, let your token handle it grin
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by shosky1794: 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
Its either you continue applying the rooting procedure by brainrex, or you bring it to me with ya token. The same process is what i will use no magic and it will be done in 10 mins tops
JUst a heads up. Uninstall both poot and ministro
Install poot and start afresh. If still doesnt work, let your token handle it grin

I will do it as you have said but if there's no success then i will surely get in touch with you. How do i get in touch if that's what i want to do. I don't know if there's a platform we can chat on. Maybe you send me your email address, here's mine: olusolaidowu82@gmail.com
We can give contact details through the email. Thanks so much.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by ikare(m): 2:32pm On Apr 27, 2013
i am unable to upgrade my SGS2 from GB to ics thru kies. is there any other offivial way of doing it?each time i try, i get a message saying firmware can't be updated thru kies.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 6:23pm On Apr 27, 2013
shosky1794:

I will do it as you have said but if there's no success then i will surely get in touch with you. How do i get in touch if that's what i want to do. I don't know if there's a platform we can chat on. Maybe you send me your email address, here's mine: olusolaidowu82@gmail.com
We can give contact details through the email. Thanks so much.
My contact is below by my signature. Hit me up on whatsapp
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 6:26pm On Apr 27, 2013
ikare: i am unable to upgrade my SGS2 from GB to ics thru kies. is there any other offivial way of doing it?each time i try, i get a message saying firmware can't be updated thru kies.
Do that via your software update on the phone itself. Just make sure u have enough data. About 700mb of data
More over the official 4.2.1 is only flashable with odin for we nigerians since the update is not in our air
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by shosky1794: 1:17pm On Apr 28, 2013
@HOLLASLYD and other guys, please i need your help. My laptop does not detect my Tecno N3 when i connect the phone to the laptop through the USB cable. Is this normal or is there something i must do to make my laptop detect the phone. Again, how can i get a driver for the Tecno N3. I am trying to transfer my contacts and other files from my former phone to the Tecno N3 but there's no way i can do this if the laptop will not detect the phone. Please help me out i beg o.

Thanks so much
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
shosky1794: @HOLLASLYD and other guys, please i need your help. My laptop does not detect my Tecno N3 when i connect the phone to the laptop through the USB cable. Is this normal or is there something i must do to make my laptop detect the phone. Again, how can i get a driver for the Tecno N3. I am trying to transfer my contacts and other files from my former phone to the Tecno N3 but there's no way i can do this if the laptop will not detect the phone. Please help me out i beg o.

Thanks so much
Download pda.net. it will detect ya n3 after installing. Its a software not a website. Search pda.net in google
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by shosky1794: 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
Download pda.net. it will detect ya n3 after installing. Its a software not a website. Search pda.net in google

Ok i'll try that. Thanks so much. You've been really wonderful. What keypad do you recommend for the N3? Not really enjoying d swiftkey on it. Thanks once again.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:11pm On Apr 28, 2013
shosky1794:

Ok i'll try that. Thanks so much. You've been really wonderful. What keypad do you recommend for the N3? Not really enjoying d swiftkey on it. Thanks once again.
Smart keyboard or touchpal keyboard
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by mrakin(m): 9:45pm On May 14, 2013
Infinix buzz
Android 4.0.0 ice cream
Keyboard and touchsreen
Can this phone be rooted? If so, how
Pls your sincere advice. A friend has it and I want to
Help him find out
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 10:10pm On May 14, 2013
mrakin: Infinix buzz
Android 4.0.0 ice cream
Keyboard and touchsreen
Can this phone be rooted? If so, how
Pls your sincere advice. A friend has it and I want to
Help him find out

Click this. It will root ya infinix as well
https://www.nairaland.com/1127379/tecno-n3-discussion-thread/207#15385747
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 10:16pm On May 14, 2013
It works on infinix and tecno androids runing on ics and jellybean
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Guddy(m): 11:55pm On May 14, 2013
Hello house I guess it's time to root my SGS2 and upgrade to the latest os possible. How do I go about it? I am thinking of taking it to a Samsung care centre as I do not know much about rooting and I wouldn't want to damage my phone in any way. I hope rooting will not cause any harm to the phone. Please I need your replies.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Guddy(m): 11:56pm On May 14, 2013
Hello house I guess it's time to root my SGS2 and upgrade to the latest os possible. How do I go about it? I am thinking of taking it to a Samsung care centre as I do not know much about rooting and I wouldn't want to damage my phone in any way. I hope rooting will not cause any harm to the phone. Please I await your replies.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:38am On May 15, 2013
Guddy: Hello house I guess it's time to root my SGS2 and upgrade to the latest os possible. How do I go about it? I am thinking of taking it to a Samsung care centre as I do not know much about rooting and I wouldn't want to damage my phone in any way. I hope rooting will not cause any harm to the phone. Please I await your replies.
You can take it to Samsung or bring it to me if u stay in lagos
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by tatchero(m): 11:53am On May 15, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
You can take it to Samsung or bring it to me if u stay in lagos
or me if you stay in ph city
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by pcwhiz(m): 4:06pm On May 15, 2013
i just bought a samsung galaxy S3 GT-I9300 andriod version 4.0.4.. pls how do i root it and is this version the latest andriod software version.pls give me a guideline, shud i upgrade first if theres an update or i shud jst root it..tnks
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by ikare(m): 9:16pm On May 15, 2013
Guddy: Hello house I guess it's time to root my SGS2 and upgrade to the latest os possible. How do I go about it? I am thinking of taking it to a Samsung care centre as I do not know much about rooting and I wouldn't want to damage my phone in any way. I hope rooting will not cause any harm to the phone. Please I await your replies.
you dont need to root to upgrade to d latest os(jellybean 4.1.2). its pretty much straight forward.i did mine myself n i am loving it. u only need heavy data cos u need to download d os.its about 571mb.i can do it 4 u free.i am in lag.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Bamjazzy(m): 8:49am On May 18, 2013
pls guyz i really someone who can put me tru rooting my LGP920 i dnt want to brick my fone. am using android 2.2 and av bin waiting so lng for my phone to bring me android update 4.0 or current one. pls guys come to my aid
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by tatchero(m): 5:08pm On May 20, 2013
pcwhiz: i just bought a samsung galaxy S3 GT-I9300 andriod version 4.0.4.. pls how do i root it and is this version the latest andriod software version.pls give me a guideline, shud i upgrade first if theres an update or i shud jst root it..tnks
upgrade first if you're sick and tired of ice-cream. you could still root the phone on 4.0.4. tho
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by sirlaw2(m): 9:36am On May 30, 2013
Guys, pls my wi-fi z been giving me Probs for some time nw... anytime I try to use it, it will automatically switch off and on and will continue doing that until I switch off the phone. I dnt know if rooting the phone will solve the problem as I really need to use my wi-fi. I use HTC mytouch 4G. pls help me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? / Whatsapp Is Now Entirely End-to-end Encrypted / How To Check Bvn On Mtn Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.