Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,610 members, 7,941,347 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 02:15 AM

Cyber Cafés In The Country Closing At Alarming Rate - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Cyber Cafés In The Country Closing At Alarming Rate (669 Views)

2 Established Cyber Cafés In Ibadan For Sale At Give Away Prices / Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker / Cyber-cafe Operators in Festac Having Problems With Police (419) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cyber Cafés In The Country Closing At Alarming Rate by my2cents(m): 11:24am On Mar 12, 2008
Re: Cyber Cafés In The Country Closing At Alarming Rate by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2008
bull.

they interviewed only one  operator?

there's a cafe by my house doing brisk business. the issue to me is the guy in question is not technically astute, and business savvy

in the cyber cafe close to my crib -
1)all pcs are second/third hand old models
2) deep freeze is installed on all systems.shut down and everything is gone
3) they take advantage of promotions eg during the visa lottery, they set up a picture taking service( at charge of course)

the article demonstrates that the journalist spent all his time in the office and none on the street. no hardcore geek will want anything to do with starcomms pitiful connection . a guy like me can spend 3hrs in a cafe downloading stuff. the cafe has stepped up in several ways. i can actually sometimes download an 80mb file in 20 mins or less. just try that with starcomms.

anyway, i just browsed through the article, but all in all, its bullshit, as afar as i'm concerned. armchair it 'gurus' blowing hot air.

the cost of using the private providers is just not worth it. what turns me off a cyber cafe is
1) poor connection
2) you can't use your flash drive here

but i guess thats me. some peeps complain about environment, lousy characters, but me i just turn my mind off to that. i'm there for one reason only - to download, not to mingle or relax.

(1) (Reply)

My Vista Os Doesnt Work With My Printer / Get Grand Theft Auto Cheats(gta) For Free / Ibm Laptop Charger {b1} Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.