Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,172 members, 7,939,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 11:07 AM

Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! (14681 Views)

Wema Bank Shares / Zenith Bank Shares Offer: Opportunity Or Hype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by LondonCool(m): 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2007
I bought 1000 First Bank shares when they were N6 per share @N6,000. My total First Bank portfolio including a decade of Bonus shares is now worth over N800,000.
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by egoldman(m): 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2007
few weeks back i have bought 4,000 shares of first bank from the open market , i would like to know what happens when they pay out the dividends and giving out bonus shares ,i don't need the dividends for now,i would want to convert it to more shares ,how would i go about this ? also in the event that i decide to receive the dividends ,how would i be paid ? my contact address is with my broker , would my broker have sent same to the registrar of first bank ?
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by tundysho(m): 8:13am On Apr 07, 2007
who is this cassidy guy sef,people are sharing good ideas for what will benefit fellow nairelanders ,he is telling mr ebony9ja to keep to himself,he does not know what we re talking about here,abeg keep it up mr enony9ja for warri.abeg what is happening to nigerian brewery shares,i bought for N131 some yrs back and got a bonus of one for one ,ever since then the prices had never crossed the N45 margin,mr ebony9ja or any other nairalander could you pls help me explain what is happening to this shares
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by tundysho(m): 8:14am On Apr 07, 2007
who  is this cassidy guy sef,people are sharing good ideas for what will benefit fellow nairelanders ,he is telling mr ebony9ja to keep to himself,he does not know what we re talking about here,abeg keep it up mr enony9ja for warri.abeg what is happening to nigerian brewery shares,i bought for N131 some yrs back and got a bonus of  one for one ,ever since then the prices had never crossed the N45 margin,mr ebony9ja or any other nairalander could you pls help me explain what is happening to this shares
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by spoilt(f): 6:57pm On May 27, 2007
first bank shares have always been a good investment. i encourage everyone to take advantage of first bank public offer. you will not regret it. even if it means borrowing. lets just say first bank has made me rich! grin
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by frankiriri(m): 6:30pm On May 30, 2007
egoldman:

few weeks back i have bought 4,000 shares of first bank from the open market , i would like to know what happens when they pay out the dividends and giving out bonus shares ,i don't need the dividends for now,i would want to convert it to more shares ,how would i go about this ? also in the event that i decide to receive the dividends ,how would i be paid ? my contact address is with my broker , would my broker have sent same to the registrar of first bank ?
No institution in Nigeria has a dividend ploughback policy as at this time.
You have to have a bank account in Nigeria where the proceeds can be paid to. You can open the NRN account which UBA operates. The only other alternative is to mandate your brokers to receive the value for the dividends and then credit your account with the same.
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by LondonCool(m): 5:43pm On Mar 13, 2008
The stock market is a zero-sum game.  You cannot win 1 million naira unless someone else loses 1 million naira.

@Seun,

I disagree with your flawed hypothesis.The fact that an another investor bought the First Bank shares for N46,whereas the seller who sold to the Buyer bought hers for N33 does not tantamount to the buyer losing money (in this case the seller gained N1m profit) . He is simply making an investment. The investment would only be a loss on the Buyers portfolio if the value of the stock went down under his N46 purchase price. Even if the "Greater Fool" transaction analysis were to be considered, there would always be another "Greater Fool" to Buy off the stock above the N46 price.
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by jonbullfin(m): 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2008
You too can profit from the goldmine that is our stock exchange. How? by getting the news before the bulls on the floor do. visit www.jonbullfinancial.
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by spoilt(f): 12:14am On Mar 14, 2008
are there still people doubting the nigerian stock exchange. I live outside the country and i still invest seriously in the nigerian stock market. It is good business. no kidding around.
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 14, 2008
spoilt,friends and relatives in naija don tell me tire.
I'm afraid to invest in Naija.
I'm more comfortable with Fidelity and CREF wey dey here.
Please tell me more
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by spoilt(f): 5:45pm On Apr 13, 2008
I realized long ago that Nigeria is a place where you can make money easily. Very easily. The stock exchange has made people like me millions of naira without lifting a finger and in a very short time span.
Find a good stock broker (i can recommend one if you want wink ) and you will have no regrets. I kid you not my sister. I kid you not.
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by 9cent(m): 7:59pm On Apr 13, 2008
hi everyone, please does anybody have an idea of access bank certificate is out already? cuz im still expecting mine yet. god bless.
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by akowonjo: 1:29pm On Apr 14, 2008
Spoilt

Can you release the stockbroker's details here. I'm highly interested.
Thanks.
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by steaming(f): 3:59pm On Apr 14, 2008
Spoilt please i would be so grateful if you could give me a reliable stockbroker that is quite affordable as in prices.
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by Uche2nna(m): 4:14pm On Apr 14, 2008
I developed some kind of apathy towards the Nigeria Stock market when I was still an Undergrad in Naija. Lets just say my dad's stock broker left a sour taste in my mouth.

@ Spoilt

If u know of a reputable stock broker, spill it out, abeg grin
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by abujabooks(f): 6:04pm On May 02, 2008
Definately Possible.

Good for you.
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by UNLEASHED(m): 10:38pm On May 13, 2008
Hmmm! Lucky You! but i heard from a trusted source that First Bank share will soon depreciate in the mean time.
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by nigboy(m): 5:56am On Jun 01, 2008
Yes! your are lucky. Making money in the stock market is all about being infomed
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by whatalife: 1:33pm On Nov 26, 2011
@spoilt ,
I realized long ago that Nigeria is a place where you can make money easily. Very easily. The stock exchange has made people like me millions of naira without lifting a finger and in a very short time span.
Find a good stock broker (i can recommend one if you want Wink ) and you will have no regrets. I kid you not my sister. I kid you not.

Is there any money to be made again on the Nigerian Kalokalo stock exchange, or are still making the millions?
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by macpreneur: 4:16pm On Dec 07, 2011
Check out hot cake December businesses for this year end you can do on your own
http://naijapreneurs./2011/12/06/yuletide-green-businesses/
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by jamolus200: 12:48pm On Nov 16, 2012
I want to sell my first bank shares ASAP. Can I please get Any ideas or help on how to go about it.
Re: Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! by greatIQ: 10:13am On Aug 03, 2015
Hello friend,

I'm competing in the Building Entrepreneurs Today Season 5, Business Plan Contest and a video is my major entry...

I really can't go far alone; PLS, I NEED YOUR HELP!

Pls go here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At1sCCuxJkM

...and "LIKE" the video.

NB: Watching (view) d video isn't compulsory; but "LIKING" is all I need to get ahead!

(Pls Re-broadcast)

I'm grateful
George

(1) (2) (Reply)

Contemporary 4bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design / Facebook's N500m Grants Programme For Smbs - Updates / BREAKING: MMM Nigeria Begins Payment Of Outstanding Mavro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.