Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,880 members, 7,889,929 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:11 AM

Goldie Is Dead! - Celebrities (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Goldie Is Dead! (136187 Views)

Denrele Visits Late Goldie's Grave, Pays Emotional Tribute (Photos) / Pictures Of Goldie & Prezzo At Channel O House Party / Goldie Visits Prezzo In kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goldie Is Dead! by 49cents(m): 11:22am On Feb 15, 2013
When an artist like Goldie passes on...the expressed/unexpressed mixed feelings is understandable owing mainly to her style and musical content, which is basically "bold and audacious". Yet Goldie remains first of all a human being like everyone of us, with the same challenges,questions,desires to self-actualization and realization, to finding ultimate happiness and satisfaction.

It is needless and pointless to begin to berate her person for she lived her her life the way she understood just as we are living ours now the way we think best, only God knows who is true and who is not!

Death remains a part of our human reality and the event of Goldie's death is yet another of the numerous, concrete facts that we are called to live out lives with an after-life vividly not only in mind but in our flesh, in our daily lives.

Goldie during her life heard the news about other people's death and was shocked by it....i recall her moving comment on Whitney's death! One day too the news of our passage from this world will shock at least our family and friends....but we will make it easy for those we left behind by how we lived.

What worries me is not that i will leave this life someday but how am living my life today, this moment....when we live, not exist, when we live meaningfully, life becomes gain and death looses its primordial sting.

May the Soul of Susan Harvey and the soul of all the faithful departed rest in perfect peace!

8 Likes

Re: Goldie Is Dead! by profGinger: 11:22am On Feb 15, 2013
You all criticized her throughout her music career while she was living, insulted n rubbishd her image while in BBA, now she no more and we all have her as our DPz with fake smileyz displaying sadness.. Goldie could have died of sum form of accumulated shock or fatigue generated from excess hatred shown by the society den leading 2 a weak heart caused by you,you,you and you.. Why the fake Love now dat she's no more?? Why dont we just Love one another n show more Love 2d living not when they are no more??Pls love ME when am alive and not when am no more,then u decorate ur dp wit my pictures... I go wakE up cMe slap urface:| u better use my pic on ur dp now oooo

4 Likes

Re: Goldie Is Dead! by cashii25: 11:23am On Feb 15, 2013
Pulmonary Embolism Causes

Several risk factors can make a person more likely to develop a blood clot that can eventually break loose and travel to the lung. Virchow's triad explains the reasons why clots form. This triad includes 1) immobilization (which reduces flow), 2) damaged vessel wall (which forms a location for clot to start, and 3) Hypercoagulable state (which makes it easier for blood to clot.

Immobilization: A stroke, broken bone, or spinal cord injury can result in confinement to bed so that clot formation can occur in either the arms or legs.
Travel: Prolonged travel, such as sitting in an airplane or a long car trip, allows the blood to sit in the legs and increases the risk of clot formation.
Recent surgery (includes hypercoagulable state due to surgical damage and the body trying to repair itself. It is also often associated with immobility and sometimes vessel damage depending on the surgery)
Trauma or injury (especially to the legs)
Obesity
Heart disease (such as an irregular heartbeat)
Burns
Previous history of blood clot in the legs (DVTs) or pulmonary embolism
Conditions that increase clotting of the blood

Pregnancy
Cancer
Estrogen therapy and oral contraceptives
Certain protein and enzyme deficiencies
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Rooneyboy(m): 11:24am On Feb 15, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Older man, i believe you can read and understand the meaning of ''SOURCE''

Radio without battery.
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 15, 2013
brokoto: yes its possible to have an embolism by being stationary for long periods.
TNX 4 D INFO BRODA, NOTE TAKEN
Some folks here are blaming doctors for incompetency and other bladadash...Goldie's death was inevitable and there was nothing that the doctors would have done to save her even if it was in America. Goldie died of a medical case called Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT. It usually occurs when there is a blood clot in the deep vein. That is why it is very important not to sit down for too long in a place without stretching and moving about esp in long-distance travels by air.

Most deep vein blood clots occur in the lower leg or thigh. They also can occur in other parts of the body. It can happen to anyone though it is more common in the aged. I guess Goldie was unlucky.

A blood clot in a deep vein can break off and travel through the bloodstream. The loose clot is called an embolus (EM-bo-lus). It can travel to an artery in the lungs and block blood flow. This condition is called pulmonary embolism or PE.

PE is a very serious condition. It can damage the lungs and other organs in the body and cause death.

Blood clots in the thighs are more likely to break off and cause PE than blood clots in the lower legs or other parts of the body. Blood clots also can form in veins closer to the skin's surface. However, these clots won't break off and cause PE.

You can watch an animation of how this happens on http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/dvt/
profGinger: You all criticized her throughout her music career while she was living, insulted n rubbishd her image while in BBA, now she no more and we all have her as our DPz with fake smileyz displaying sadness.. Goldie could have died of sum form of accumulated shock or fatigue generated from excess hatred shown by the society den leading 2 a weak heart caused by you,you,you and you.. Why the fake Love now dat she's no more?? Why dont we just Love one another n show more Love 2d living not when they are no more??Pls love ME when am alive and not when am no more,then u decorate ur dp wit my pictures... I go wakE up cMe slap urface:| u better use my pic on ur dp now oooo

[size=13pt]Biko, mechie onu.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Ishilove: 11:26am On Feb 15, 2013
brokoto: yes its possible to have an embolism by being stationary for long periods.
From hence forth the hosteSses will have a hard time keeping me in my seat. undecided
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 15, 2013
Ishilove:
From hence forth the hosteSses will have a hard time keeping me in my seat. undecided
lol. Dem no say make you begin run around inside aircraft o! What if na small bus you enter from lagos to maiduguri? tongue

1 Like

Re: Goldie Is Dead! by rman: 11:33am On Feb 15, 2013
Oahray: Inasmuch as you have a point, look at it this way... Lets say she is all you say she is. In the long run, are we (the rest of us) truly better? What if she isn't pretending? Did you stop to consider that?

For those talking about past comments made by people about goldie, hating the hater is hatred also. Attacking someone for feeling bad about attacking someone else (pretense or not) does not make us any better than them. If anything, it only gives us a reason to feel bad later on.
If it doesn't, maybe we are worse than we thought.

I hope you know that most people try to project false image of themselves on NL.

Go through the entire thread again and you will clearly see she is overdoing it.

Mind you, you and I are not the only ones that noticed it.

I dont hate her, I am merely stating the obvious.
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Ishilove: 11:34am On Feb 15, 2013
brokoto: lol. Dem no say make you begin run around inside aircraft o! What if na small bus you enter from lagos to maiduguri? tongue
You've gat a point there. grin
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by dotcomnamename: 11:34am On Feb 15, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Radio without battery.

CNN without transmitter

No wonder he dey talk upside down, see his yeye cap like baba ijesha grin
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by passionate88: 11:35am On Feb 15, 2013
freecocoa: You still don't even understand me sef.

Honesty I don't think this is really an issue of guilt, I'm just so shocked as to how fragile life is, its scary.
na now u realise am?...

1 Like

Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 15, 2013
Your dressing should also matter when you travel.. Wear loose or comfortable clothes and shoes.

Sometimes when I see the way some ladies dress when traveling, you are left to ask if they are on fashion parade.

I met one representing her country ( one tiny country in South America I can't even remember the name) in beauty pageant supposedly to be held in china, after her first trip to Amsterdam, she still had her high heels, short dress, with her miss(country) still wrapped around her. I had to tell her to make her self comfortable, her reply was that people expect her to dress like that. That's insane, she is traveling and doesn't need all those fancy stuff..but just to be comfortable.

This could also be a case of Goldie, maybe trying to still maintain the golden physique, no one knows

All I can say is RIP young one!
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Limaoscar: 11:40am On Feb 15, 2013
I hope She makes it to heaven.
Death is inevitable and the only reason You guys are all shocked and sympathetic is because she's a celeb
Come to the hospitals and see the amount of people that die in a day and you will be shocked and then you will really ask this question "what's the essence of struggling everyday when you can give up the ghost at anytime"
R.I.P GOLDIE , my condolence to her family but the main question which no one seems to ask is after death what next

REPENT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND
The bible expressly states that after death is judgement, so examine yourself and in the words of Akon "LIVE YOUR LIFE AS IF EVERYDAY IS GONNA BE YOUR LAST"
Spot on.....really a great piece for everyone of us on this thread to read!
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by snthesis(m): 11:43am On Feb 15, 2013
Sisi_Kill: @ Freecocoa
May I suggest you take some time away from this thread? This news seems to have affected you deeply but since most people would rather focus on Goldie and her family....you know the ones who actually lost someone dear, I fear you may not get the adequate condolences to ease your pain.

May I also suggest that you really should think twice about reading threads on deaths? I know it is hard but considering how strongly personal you take these news. . it might better that way. I remember how inconsolable you were during the ALUU situation....so inconsolable, people were worried about you offline. I'm sorry but that's way too much bereavement for someone young, made even worse by the fact that you don't know these people from Adam.

Just think about it okay.
she needs correct akpako- cheesy
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Rooneyboy(m): 11:45am On Feb 15, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Biko, mechie onu.[/size]

grin grin grin
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Oahray: 11:45am On Feb 15, 2013
rman:

I hope you know that most people try to project false image of themselves on NL.

Go through the entire thread again and you will clearly see she is overdoing it.

Mind you, you and I are not the only ones that noticed it.

I dont hate her, I am merely stating the obvious.
I get your point bro. Still, I do not believe its our duty to convict and sentence anyone who pretends online.
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Jetland(m): 11:48am On Feb 15, 2013
methodman: A friend just told me too. Decided to come to nairaland to confirm...I doubt it though
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by mrkels(m): 11:48am On Feb 15, 2013
This is an embeded last tweet of goldie, seun abeg why does embeding not work on you site woo?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Same 2 u dear, (hugs)"@<a href="https://twitter.com/jcdeku">jcdeku</a>: Happy val's day @<a href="https://twitter.com/goldieharvey">goldieharvey</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Skibobo">#Skibobo</a>"</p>&mdash; OLUWAG♥LDIE (@GoldieHarvey) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoldieHarvey/status/302072796102664192">February 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by tyson55(m): 11:51am On Feb 15, 2013
If Goldie’s death will remind me of anything, let it remind me to speak kindly, to make the effort to say something good about everyone I encounter, even if I have to dig deep to find those words. Let her death remind me that while it is easier to be cruel than to be kind, it is infinitely more rewarding to bless someone with the words out of my mouth, to lift instead of to pull down. And then let me take it a step further, let those around me never doubt that they are important to me, let dem never doubt my appreciation nd my gratitude for them and for all that they do in my life. Let nothing be left unsaid that can be said. Life is too short. Every moment counts. Nobody knows tomorrow. Let's embrace eachother with love.

3 Likes

Re: Goldie Is Dead! by snthesis(m): 11:53am On Feb 15, 2013
jennykadry:

how did atheist come into the picture? if a christian bashes muslims and their religion and vice versa, does it make that person an atheist?

the person you quoted was talking about freecocoa.
and my 1st comment dealt specifically wit attributing intelligence by bashing religion, which had nothing to do with Freecocoa, but @i_am_model
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Oahray: 11:58am On Feb 15, 2013
snthesis:
and my 1st comment dealt specifically wit attributing intelligence by bashing religion, which had nothing to do with Freecocoa, but @i_am_model
Quit the argument already. He thought her post was intelligent and you felt it could not have been because to you, she was bashing religion and you made it your duty to tell him so. Why try to twist the meaning of your words?
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by question(m): 12:00pm On Feb 15, 2013
honestivo: Pls who is Goldie

http://goldieharvey.net/about/
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Rooneyboy(m): 12:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ishilove:

brokoto: lol. Dem no say make you begin run around inside aircraft o! What if na small bus you enter from lagos to maiduguri? tongue

Oh boi u funny oooo
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Rick9(m): 12:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
Am hearing another rumour dat she is alive ,,, how true is dis
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by ideylaff: 12:07pm On Feb 15, 2013
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by aryzgreat: 12:10pm On Feb 15, 2013
IS SHE ILLUMINATI? Y DIE LYK DAT? RIP
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by passionate88: 12:14pm On Feb 15, 2013
Rooneyboy:

seeing this ur very soft emotions really surprises me, I remember vividly when u were making very nasty comments when a rumour made the rounds about a governor that was battling with his health, that was a sunday, I remember how u and I argued very well and how u stood ur grounds on ur wishes on the man's health........

Seeing ur comments on here makes me laugh.
na now u notice her?... People talk say na d guilty dey fear pass...
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Frankiedu(m): 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
By Charles Mgbolu
CEO of Kennis Music, the label
Goldie was signed on, Kenny
Ogungbe has issued a
statement detailing the final
hours of the late singer.
“With a deep sense of loss,
we announce the shocking
death of our darling music
star, Goldie Harvey. Goldie,
31, died on Thursday after
she complained of a severe
headache shortly after her
arrival from the United States
where she went to witness
the Grammy Award.
She was
rushed
from her
Park View,
Ikoyi,
Lagos
residence
to her
official
hospital,
Reddington, Victoria Island,
Lagos, where doctors
pronounced her dead on
arrival at exactly 7:30pm in
the evening.We consider this
period a gloomy moment for
us and the entire Nigerian
music industry in view of the
circumstance in which she
passed away; the abundance
of talent she exhibited in her
short but eventful music
career and the various
opportunities her trip to the
United States of America
would have availed her.
She is survived by her father,
step- mother, brothers and
sisters. We deeply
sympathise with her family
and fans all over the world
and very grateful to all and
sundry, especially, the vibrant
Nigerian media for their
concern and prompt
reportage. We shall keep
everybody informed as
events unfold as we are
devastated by the sudden
loss.”
Goldie’s remains have been
deposited at the Lagos State
University Teaching Hospital,
LASUTH mortuary.On Vanguard Nigeria.
Re: Goldie Is Dead! by Oahray: 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2013
passionate88: na now u notice her?... People talk say na d guilty dey fear pass...
Stop acting all self righteous and give her a break, will you? She's only human.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (40) (Reply)

Meet Sholaye Jeremi, Biography, Net Worth, Linda Ikeji’s Baby Daddy, Husband / D'banj Son Is Dead! Daniel D'Third Drowns In Swimming Pool / "My Boyfriend Handed Me This Immediately After Sex, I Am Losing My Mind" - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.