Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,992 members, 7,946,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 04:21 PM

16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE (19983 Views)

Chimel Dogara Awarded In Cambridge For Outstanding Performance / Precious Oyelade Made 1st-class In Cambridge With Her Nollywood-based Thesis / 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by mukoloAndy(m): 7:22am On Feb 16, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
also i must add, what use is getting 6-7 A*s if your mind is still brainwashed and backward in eternal darkness of christianity. . undecided
[quote][/quote]

Kindly explain "eternal darkness of christianity(light)"
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by great063(m): 7:22am On Feb 16, 2013
ogagusps3: Seriously.. Not a big accomplishment... I know a 15 year old girl with 8 A*s in IGCSE and 3 A* in Cambridge A level..she got both when she was 14/15..This guy might not even get into medicine in UI or Unilag if he doesn't swallow his pride and continue reading his books
This is the picture of hate.I don't think you read this article.

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:25am On Feb 16, 2013
mukolo_Andy:

go to Nairaland Religious section and you will find out. .

christians are being slaughtered there. there false doctrines are being brought up to the world.

christianity is holding Nigeria backward and that is fact.

all the myths in that book, im surprized so many people bliv in that oyinbo c.rap.
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:26am On Feb 16, 2013
great063: This is the picture of hate.I don't think you read this article.

he is not hating. he is stating fact. let him just try getting straight A's in A lvls. its no joke.

the boy did well, but this is clearly overrated.
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Pappyto: 7:28am On Feb 16, 2013
nice one! keep it up it is well
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by OmolodMilkman93(m): 7:29am On Feb 16, 2013
mukolo_Andy:

D big difference is in d standard of both examinations. Same subjects, differnt standards + I think d IGSCE has a tougher marking scheme grin.....
i pray oh, make him write WAEC and den we cann start comparing
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by mukoloAndy(m): 7:33am On Feb 16, 2013
quote][/quote]
PAGAN 9JA:

go to Nairaland Religious section and you will find out. .

christians are being slaughtered there. there false doctrines are being brought up to the world.

christianity is holding Nigeria backward and that is fact.

all the myths in that book, im surprized so many people bliv in that oyinbo c.rap.

Did u jus explain sth
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 16, 2013
No biggie! Let him sit for Waec/Neco and make 9A's Then i accept that he is a genius Brilliant boy.
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by nicago: 7:42am On Feb 16, 2013
lordZOUGA: he plans to be a pastor? what kind of intellectual wants to be a pastor?
nope, definitely not genius material.

God gets the best. Wake up!!!
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by nicago: 7:44am On Feb 16, 2013
mukolo_Andy:

No need to ask bro, his name says it all..
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by nicago: 7:50am On Feb 16, 2013
baynix: When I Get 7 A's For My Junior WAEC, Una No Publish Am o!!

**sips alomo**

Sorry..
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by nicago: 8:00am On Feb 16, 2013
[quote
author=yettak90]To be fair, this isn't that difficult with sufficient
preparation.

I wrote IGCSE in 2005 and I got 2 A*'s (Math and Physics) and 3 A's (Ad.
Math, Chemistry, English). With only one month of intense preparation.
There were about 5 of us in my set that had all A's and above.

The curriculum isn't much different than WAEC/NECO: additional math was
even easier than WAEC's Further Math.

That said, I haven't used my IGCSE results for anything -they can only
get you into a sixth-form in the UK, or any of those "Study-Abroad"
schools in Nigeria. You need A'Levels (or a degree foundation program)
to get into University.
My WAEC result was less impressive, but it's the qualification I used to
get into school (as we thought it showed a wider range of subjects).

Congrats to the guy; his hard work has paid off. But we shouldn't
overhype the results as they aren't that unusual.[/quote]

Noted! Lets acknowlege the boy who at least 'prepared sufficiently'.

Boy, Nigeria is Proud of you. More power to your elbow.
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Tobbie9(m): 8:02am On Feb 16, 2013
These kid is just being overhyped, others have done better, he should go and Jack for waec.
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by evecares(f): 8:07am On Feb 16, 2013
[/color][color=#006600][quote author=ogagusps3]Seriously.. Not a big accomplishment... I know a 15 year old girl with 8 A*s in IGCSE and 3 A* in Cambridge A level..she got both when she was 14/15..This guy might not even get into medicine in UI or Unilag if he doesn't swallow his pride and continue reading his books[/quote

Make jealousy no kill u o,or u c d young guy 4 dream ni....na wa
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:14am On Feb 16, 2013
Nigerians sef . We too dey celebrate mediocrity . This isn't a milestone achievement .

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by tunesoft(m): 8:24am On Feb 16, 2013
Brains like dis should not read medicine....am almost certain he will do excellently well in enginering. In medicine na just waste of a highly calculative brain...medicine is for pple wey go just siddon dey read read read...cram read...nothing challenging. Nothing to task the brain.well sha na hin life.
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 16, 2013
Really great
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 16, 2013
batiatus:

private jet tins are not for dull people, he can expand the church, form a new movement and boom, private jet.

LMHO
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by ogb5(m): 9:06am On Feb 16, 2013
preparation.

to get into University.

overhype the results as they aren't that unusual.[/quote]

Wrong: You can use IGSCE to fufill O-level requirements in gaining admision to the university.
I have someone studying in a US university with just IGSCE and SAT.

Don't spread false Info
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:17am On Feb 16, 2013
ogb5: quote
preparation.

to get into University.

overhype the results as they aren't that unusual.

Wrong: You can use IGSCE to fufill O-level requirements in gaining admision to the university.

Don't spread false Info

you cant get into University with just O-lvls. you need to complete AS/A-lvls as well.
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by gagapraiz(m): 9:27am On Feb 16, 2013
Proudly Nigerian. A sign and a wonder. God bless you. You deserve a National honour.
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by solomon111(m): 9:27am On Feb 16, 2013
IGCSE is beans na.
It is definitely not a proof of genius.
My younger brother that cleared a much harder CAMBRIDGE A-LEVELS with A's did not even celebrate it that much.
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:30am On Feb 16, 2013
gagapraiz: Proudly Nigerian. A sign and a wonder. God bless you. [size=32pt]You deserve a National honour.[/size]

DA FUQ?! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Immortal1(m): 9:49am On Feb 16, 2013
Am I the only one that noticed he is a Manutd fan? I have always known that Manutd Fans re extraordinary. lol. Kudos 2 him. 4 all d others talking about their own feat, instead of celebrating success(whether big or small), stop d hating!!!
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by iamdsam: 9:56am On Feb 16, 2013
batiatus:

private jet tins are not for dull people, he can expand the church, form a new movement and boom, private jet.
Nor be people go go the church Na only idiots to go such churches. Maybe idiot like you
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by iamdsam: 9:58am On Feb 16, 2013
Good but it's no big deal. It's your contribution to society that matters
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by lordZOUGA(m): 10:21am On Feb 16, 2013
nicago:

God gets the best. Wake up!!!
apparently, this guy is not an intellectual, just someone that is hard working. might not have enough passion for knowledge to be innovative.

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by lordZOUGA(m): 10:24am On Feb 16, 2013
iamdsam: Good but it's no big deal. It's your contribution to society that matters
this is very correct but this individual wanta to be a pastor.
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by yettak90: 10:35am On Feb 16, 2013
ogb5: quote
preparation.

to get into University.

overhype the results as they aren't that unusual.

Don't spread false Info

As far as I'm aware, American universities require SAT, TOEFL and a high school transcript.

A lot of them also accept the International Baccalaureate diploma, but I don't know of any that offer admission based on GCSE results.

What university is the person in?
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:39am On Feb 16, 2013
lordZOUGA:
apparently, this guy is not an intellectual, just someone that is hard working. might not have enough passion for knowledge to be innovative.

GBAM!

there are many intellectuals out there who are not hard-working and dont score well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stephanie Akpapuna Named Valedictorian At Dillard University / RSUST Announces They Will Be Screening Test Instead Of Post Utme Screening / Why Nigerian Universities Can't Be World Best- Ibrahim Garba ABU Vice-Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.