Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,976 members, 7,946,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 02:47 PM

16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE (19982 Views)

Chimel Dogara Awarded In Cambridge For Outstanding Performance / Precious Oyelade Made 1st-class In Cambridge With Her Nollywood-based Thesis / 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by andyanders: 11:13am On Feb 16, 2013
I thank God for him for this great success and use this forum to claim this success for my children too.
I wish him the best of luck and success.
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by 1manssquard(m): 11:57am On Feb 16, 2013
God! Were is dis beach nw, u don chop my moni waka ba?
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by layeancah1: 12:00pm On Feb 16, 2013
WOW great ....wish him well.May GOD help him 2 achieve all his drms wish him long life
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Ibime(m): 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2013
Nonsense. 16 is the official age when people do their GCSEs and many of them get A*, talkless of As. When I wrote ma GCSEs at 15, we didn't even have A*, only As, but for sure I copped the equivalent of A* in Maths, Geography, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. This kid is just an average student overhyped by an ignorant journalist.
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by rezzy: 2:41pm On Feb 16, 2013
Was he not assisted during the examination? Cos my friend told me that sometimes, they assist the students for them to make good grades
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 16, 2013
ogagusps3: Seriously.. Not a big accomplishment... I know a 15 year old girl with 8 A*s in IGCSE and 3 A* in Cambridge A level..she got both when she was 14/15..This guy might not even get into medicine in UI or Unilag if he doesn't swallow his pride and continue reading his books
abeg shut upbad belle no go kill u cos haters are liable to die young

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 16, 2013
baynix: When I Get 7 A's For My Junior WAEC, Una No Publish Am o!!

**sips alomo**
na A parralel i get for my common entrance nobody see am o
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by 190: 2:53pm On Feb 16, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

grin grin grin

undecided undecided
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Mecdiamond: 5:12pm On Feb 16, 2013
190: I had 8 A's in my time

Even comb I nor see undecided
. Are u sure u no go miracle center?
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Triple3Gayanfe(m): 6:57pm On Feb 16, 2013
congratulations!
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Ogonimilitant(m): 3:32am On Feb 17, 2013
I don't think it's something unusual, I possessed 9As in my wasc. I did not came more than 3rd position in my class
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by IKenn(m): 8:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
lordZOUGA: he plans to be a pastor? what kind of intellectual wants to be a pastor?
nope, definitely not genius material.
sharrap
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by lordZOUGA(m): 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2013
I-Kenn:

sharrap
why?
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
[i][/i]
yettak90: To be fair, this isn't that difficult with sufficient preparation.
Mayb i can agree with that.

I wrote IGCSE in 2005 and I got 2 A*'s (Math and Physics) and 3 A's (Ad. Math, Chemistry, English), with only one month's intense preparation.
There were about 5 of us in my set that had all A's and above.

The curriculum isn't much different from WAEC/NECO: additional math was even easier than WAEC's Further Math.
Waec is definitely higher than igcse

That said, I haven't used my IGCSE results for anything -they can only get you into a sixth-form in the UK, or any of those "Study-Abroad" schools in Nigeria. You need A'Levels (or a degree foundation program) to get into University.
My WAEC result was less impressive, but it's the qualification I used to get into school (as we thought it showed a wider range of subjects).
U could have used ur igcse

Congrats to the guy; his hard work has paid off. But we shouldn't overhype the results as they aren't that unusual.
He deserves it
[color=]

I wrote IGCSE in 2005 and I got 2 A*'s (Math and Physics) and 3 A's (Ad. Math, Chemistry, English), with only one month's intense preparation.

The curriculum isn't much different from WAEC/NECO: additional math was even easier than WAEC's Further Math.

That said, I haven't used my IGCSE results for anything -they can only get you into a sixth-form in the UK, or any of those "Study-Abroad" schools in Nigeria. You need A'Levels (or a degree foundation program) to get into University.
My WAEC result was less impressive, but it's the qualification I used to get into school (as we thought it showed a wider range of subjects).

Congrats to the guy; his hard work has paid off. But we shouldn't overhype the results as they aren't that unusual.
He deserves it
[/color]

He deserves it
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by privatetisa(m): 10:05am On May 19, 2017
SAT PREPARATORY CLASSES
The SAT is a very essential examination taken by students seeking admission into American universities.
Broadly speaking, it consists of two major subjects: English Language and Mathematics. The English Language test is further divided into three areas: Reading, Evidence-based Writing and Essay(Optional test).
The SAT is now known as 'The Redesigned SAT' - starting from March 2016. The major element/feature of The Redesigned SAT is its requirement for in-depth analytical ability on the part of the students taking the examination. American educators believe that people coming to study in their colleges and universities or those coming to work in their various institutions should have an optimal level of intellectual ability to do creative and result-oriented work.
At the Be-Noble Home School, we, the tutors, know the strategies for scoring marks above 1350/1600 in The Redesigned SAT. We do not only teach these strategies to our students but we ensure that they fully adopt and effectively use them.
Our aim is to have some of our students having the perfect score of 1600/1600.
For a good and result-oriented tutor to prepare your child for the SAT, contact Teacher Femi( (DeProf) on 08168974531 08093162871
Private Tutor Teacher Home Lesson School Exam Good SAT ACT JAMB SSCE WAEC GCE Checkpoint IGSCE Adult Education Mathematics English Reading Writing Science ICAN ATS Learning Difficulty Problem Challenge Dyslexia Dyxcalculia Preparation Preparatory High Perfect Score Lagos Island Ikeja Lekki Ajah Ikoyi Victoria VGC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools / Stephanie Akpapuna Named Valedictorian At Dillard University / RSUST Announces They Will Be Screening Test Instead Of Post Utme Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.