Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:44 AM

Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles (18283 Views)

Uwazurike Renames MASSOB To BIM - Biafra Independent Movement / Boko Haram: Army Chief Renames Operation In Maiduguri / ‘Islamic State In West Africa': Boko Haram Renames Itself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by tyson99(m): 4:20pm On Feb 15, 2013
Keshi will soon be kidnapped if care is not taken!
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Ejine(m): 4:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
I think they've got enough monetary rewards, don't you? They should ask anyone that wants to give them more money, to give it to an orphanage or old peoples home in their name......especially the wealthy foreign players like Obi Mikel.

You wan come put sand for dem garri. Wetin be your problem? grin
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by cash22(m): 4:31pm On Feb 15, 2013
its there time to shine. Just little transparency in football. Imagine if they bring transparency in all sectors of the country.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Akiika: 4:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
Hmmmmmn! Is Uduaghan giving this monies from his personal account? Did Delta state budget for this? Did he get the approval of the state legislature before renaming the stadium?
There's nothing wrong with rewarding our heroes, but you don't run the state like your personal business. This is profligacy to say the least. How has SE winning the nation's cup affect the indegenes of Delta state economically? I hope we'll get it right one day.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by dennismukoro(m): 4:43pm On Feb 15, 2013
I wounder if nigeria did not won were will all this money be. Why graduate rooming abt the street sicking for job. Does all this money part of the budget. Or u just go in to the purse and loot all this money out. This country is pissing me up. Am from delta state. The light and road. Is worst roundabt every junction in warri. Warri really look very dirty. Uduaghan with he long head nor go think better thing do na to lavish public fund. Were was super eagles wen egypt was winning it 3times straight. The monetry donation is now too much. If na cup i knw say dem for name spain according to their players. Instead of nigeria to think abt other sport like swimming, basketball dem just dey lavish hell for super chicken. Just imagin if nigeria win world cup dem go name river niger stper eagles
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Livermeka: 4:46pm On Feb 15, 2013
The Players deserve every dime that is showered on them. What they achiieved last Sunday is much more than woiinning the Afcon title. They wrote a positive story for Nigeria which money cannot buy. Congratulations and let them get even more
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by pazienza(m): 4:47pm On Feb 15, 2013
Well,we all know that if the SE didn't win the afon, that uduaghan was never going to use that money to better the lives of deltans. That money would have been spelt on one of his pleasure seeking adventures.
He might as well spend it on SE now,atleast it would boost the morale of our players and make them hunger for victory in their next outing,in other to attract such reward again.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by sholay2011(m): 4:49pm On Feb 15, 2013
dennismukoro: I wounder if nigeria did not won were will all this money be. Why graduate rooming abt the street sicking for job. Does all this money part of the budget. Or u just go in to the purse and loot all this money out. This country is pissing me up. Am from delta state. The light and road. Is worst roundabt every junction in warri. Warri really look very dirty. Uduaghan with he long head nor go think better thing do na to lavish public fund. Were was super eagles wen egypt was winning it 3times straight. The monetry donation is now too much. If na cup i knw say dem for name spain according to their players. Instead of nigeria to think abt other sport like swimming, basketball dem just dey lavish hell for super chicken. Just imagin if nigeria win world cup dem go name river niger stper eagles

I wonder oo...that's what we get when we have fish brains in power.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Reference(m): 4:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
Another load has come. I predicted by the time the smoke had cleared Keshi will be up 100 million naira. Is anyone keeping the tally.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by solayemi(m): 5:00pm On Feb 15, 2013
If care is not taken one of the after effect of these money rain will lead to players bribing to play for d SE and d coaching crew lossing focus. This may lead to the downfall of the team. The local league is suffering lack of sponsorship, gvtmt and other individuals r throwing money arnd like this in a week. Hw wl keshi get more Mbas wtout d local league getting sponsors. I hope it wl nt take another 19 years when Yobo wl b coach for nigeria to achieve this again.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by osifred(m): 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
Why not named the state after keshi? Is it not the same governor that appointment a derail hank anuku as his SA?
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by rman: 5:17pm On Feb 15, 2013
I can bet some of these state govermors have associations under their sport councils that will be told ''their is no fund for them''

The allowances paid these players during the tournament is enough.

All these donations would have made significant positive impact to sports like: Tennis, Basketball, weightlifting, swiming, squash, volleyball etc.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Wsdm: 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
I am not at all jealous of the boys. But why is it that infrastructures does not receive such urgent disbursement of funds from them. Honestly if they had accorded higher school certificate respect like this, joblessness will have been reduced minimally. Jonathan regime is a regime of misplaced priorities.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by dennismukoro(m): 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
Hank anuku is an igbo smoker. Is also SA to uduaghan. Imangin the kind of advice to be given to him. Who even won the last nigeria premier league self. Imangine if evrybody for niger na footballer. Becos them dey encorage all youth to go play ball with all this money wen dem dey lavish. Y come to warri and see the big mosquito wen dey bute person for nite. Go check hospital make u see alot of malarial patient uduaghan think of cleaning the state not lavishing money from the state
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Demainman1: 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
Make dem use all this money for better investments now ooo. No be tomorrow now someone go come they beg people to contribute money for dem for treatment of one thing or the other. Sake of say dem be heroes of yesteryears grin
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Dee60: 5:27pm On Feb 15, 2013
ebamma: when my mates were busy playing football my parents told me that they were useless and that education was the best way out of poverty and i believed them, now armed with a Bsc i'm driving truck for dangote while my useless area guys are earning millions through football #You lied to me dad.

If you end up winning the nobel prize for literature, your governor will give you a bicycle or a Sony TV set. Clueless leaders who are so corrupt that they do not even know the value of the money they are given to manage. I congratulate Keshi. Collect everything now..as you know, they will be expecting miracles from you in another 3 months. With the level of democrazy (demonstration of craze) that we have in Nigeria, all 36 states will soon dole out 10 million naira each to the manager and 5 million each to the players...
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by hardbody: 5:28pm On Feb 15, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
I think they've got enough monetary rewards, don't you? They should ask anyone that wants to give them more money, to give it to an orphanage or old peoples home in their name......especially the wealthy foreign players like Obi Mikel.

I beg to disagree Sir. This their profession is such that a single massive injury will permanently keep them out of job. Quite a number of them do not have what it takes to do any other thing, at least not yet. So while the sun shines, they should make as much money as possible and then think of good investments (using proven professionals in that line of business). However, they should be able to give back to society whether orphanages or old people's homes. In doing that, the decision should be well thought-out and not borne out of 'we now have received enough financial rewards'
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by hardbody: 5:29pm On Feb 15, 2013
tyson99: Keshi will soon be kidnapped if care is not taken!

SSS and EFCC will hear this. You are now on their wanted list. Pray nothing funny happens.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by chochoman: 5:29pm On Feb 15, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
well like them collect it,I just hope they use these monies wisely so that they dont come back in years to come and spin that common tale about the country not helping them.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Dee60: 5:29pm On Feb 15, 2013
Reference: Another load has come. I predicted by the time the smoke had cleared Keshi will be up 100 million naira. Is anyone keeping the tally.

Shine your eye boy..it must be more than that already. But keshi never complained of money. he is a pretty wise man.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by hardbody: 5:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
dennismukoro: I wounder if nigeria did not won were will all this money be. Why graduate rooming abt the street sicking for job. Does all this money part of the budget. Or u just go in to the purse and loot all this money out. This country is pissing me up. Am from delta state. The light and road. Is worst roundabt every junction in warri. Warri really look very dirty. Uduaghan with he long head nor go think better thing do na to lavish public fund. Were was super eagles wen egypt was winning it 3times straight. The monetry donation is now too much. If na cup i knw say dem for name spain according to their players. Instead of nigeria to think abt other sport like swimming, basketball dem just dey lavish hell for super chicken. Just imagin if nigeria win world cup dem go name river niger stper eagles

Bros, if you are one of the 'graduates' roaming the streets, then i do not sympathise with you, not with your written english. If you are aspiring to become one, you definitely have an uphill task, again, with the level of your spoken english.

When last i checked, you remain the only one calling them super chicken. Is it something personal you hold against them? Beware of improper jealousy...
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by sylve11: 5:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
Funny! cool
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
They deserve the awards. They made us proud. Up Super Eagles.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by hardbody: 5:36pm On Feb 15, 2013
Demain_man: Make dem use all this money for better investments now ooo. No be tomorrow now someone go come they beg people to contribute money for dem for treatment of one thing or the other. Sake of say dem be heroes of yesteryears grin

Great point there. I hope they listen and learn from errors of the past.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Soso990240(m): 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
Demdem:

i asked a question earlier but u didnt answer.
What about those that have laid their precious lives for this country? what should or have been done for them or their loved ones still living?
hw many nigerian players have layed their lifes as super eagle?
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Dreal1247: 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2013
Abujafood: All these cash gifts is just plain hypocrisy.

Government didn't provide enough cash to develop sports in the country but when the super eagles win the AFCON they decided to show-off by splashing money on the team.

Why not splash money on sports development so that corporate bodies can adequately reward these athletes.
D msge is clear, develop ursef, make ur name, the govt wil paly wit u & celebrate u.

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Fadelex(m): 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
May God punish all these useless people wasting our resources, my friend died in Maiduguri fighting boko haram and his family was compensated wit #50,000....and these mumu will soon become billionaire because they won nations' cup.. God is watching you all... Una go give dem money until our foreign reserve is emptied abi
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Demdem(m): 6:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
Soso990240: hw many nigerian players have layed their lifes as super eagle?

The question wasn't strictly for players alone even at that the few that has, what did we do?
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by livethinme: 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

Nigerians will still be saying yes ooo and if you state what you just stated they will call u a bad loser.
Im sure all the money that has been given to them was public money...
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by livethinme: 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2013
Soso990240: hw many nigerian players have layed their lifes as super eagle?

? I no get oo
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by divinelove(m): 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2013
I can understand individual donations but nt govt donatin public fund recklessly. Btw these players n officials were paid to do their job. It ws nt don free. Imagine keshi collects 5m monthly n yet govt is throwin cash @ him recklessly for doin a job he is paid for hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Treating PDP As A Pushover Is Dangerous' - Yahaya Bello Warns APC / We’re Pleased With Abiodun’s Administration – Tinubu Declares / Buhari Urges Governors To Pay Workers’ Salaries From Debt Refunds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.