Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,345 members, 7,971,215 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 05:33 AM

How To Help A Woman During Her Period - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Help A Woman During Her Period (28773 Views)

Help! She Wants To Get Pregnant Because Of Excruciating Pains In Her Period / Lady Molested By Father's Friend, Houseboy, Friend & 3 Others During Her Period / Is It Possible To Get Pregnant Two Days Before The Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by cdee(f): 4:07pm On Feb 21, 2013
All these replies are facts, funny but that's not the issue Mr Coconuthead grin nothing is wrong with ur wife at all. Fact is every newly wedded bride wishes to get pregnant immediately after her wedding Anytime she sees her period angryshe is zo disappointed and that's y her mood changes at that period. All she needs is a missed period that'll be tested as pregnancy.
Pls , after this her period, kindly see a doctor to get proper advice on aw she can get pregnant. U will see a difference after she's pregnant. And u too coconut head. Always put extra efforts in bed and let her rest well after. If possible raise her legs up for a while after so dat ur .... lipsrsealed Can reach d egg and also know her ovulation period. Goodluck smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by mu2sa2: 4:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
Many women undergo the same experience like your wife. I suppose that's the way nature has programmed women. When a women gets irritable u just keep your cool - that's it. As for pains simple pain relievers like paracetamol should help. Period time is difficult for some women - every man should know this and support his wife when she's on.

1 Like

Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by kingsleyMbang(m): 4:12pm On Feb 21, 2013
I must commend ur courage 4 ths post. Somtmes,it's natural 2 hav such xperience. Bt takin pain relievin tabs could go a long way helpin. Am skeptical abt d pain 2 go aftr child-birth.
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Chnges(m): 4:13pm On Feb 21, 2013
I must confess, this period of a thing irritates and inflame my soul.
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by PrebabyG(f): 4:15pm On Feb 21, 2013
U re funny
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by cdee(f): 4:15pm On Feb 21, 2013
Decency75: the only answer is that you keep pregnating her so that she will not be seeing her periods again. Dont you have a doctor?

U are really funny grin grin cheesy grin
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by hrhobi1(m): 4:15pm On Feb 21, 2013
@op you are only trying to make something out of nothing. She's been seeing her period even before u met her so please whenever that period comes simply buy 2 cartons of always sanitary pad, dump it on her bed and face your work.

For ur information period doesn't stop her from running if she see lion dey come , so allow her do her normal house chores.
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by eldoradoxx: 4:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
aniffy4eva: @ OP
When it's that time of the month... just be on your best behaviour smiley
Here are some ideas:-

House-chores (women ALWAYS like that cheesy).
Cook (even if she doesn't like your cooking) tongue.
Take her out (if she wants to)
Always ask if there's anything you can do for her (the thought counts)
Leave her alone (if need be)
..and please NO sex lipsrsealed... even if konji wan kill you. grin

and like feminine A above said.... Multiply that by 10 when she gets pregnant cheesy
(whoever said it was a man's world lied..... tongue)
How many of these things did our fathers do for our mothers!!! Ladies of nowadays are just too lazy joor.

1 Like

Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 21, 2013
pak:

Period is that time when a woman who is still in school attends classes.

We have different types of period. Chemistry period, Maths period, Biology period e.t.c.

It is a painful time for many women especially those not academic inclined.

As the OP pointed out they are difficult to cheer up, depressed and sometimes rude like those girls who shun alaoeri in class. The OP didn't know this until he got married and unfortunately his wife is still in school.

But as some respondents pointed out there is hope when she starts bearing kids, mothers are generally more intelligent and academic inclined hence they tend to have less painful periods.

Hope this clears you ignorance ? any more questions ?
Hahahahahaha ure soo funny but I like it anyways, now I know what to tell my inquisitive cousin.
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by BankuTilapia: 4:19pm On Feb 21, 2013
y me: Make her feel good, don't act disgusted, comfort her, help her around the house and give her as much space as she needs

U expect men to do all diz Jux because of a PHUCKING MENSTRUAL PERIOD? ARE YOU FOR REAL?
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by ajisplaze(f): 4:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
All d advice seems ok, but i wld like to add to it dat firstly its not really abt d pain, its a mood swing in most women during dis period- d best approach is for ur wife to know its not a good habit n u are not comfortable with it. Once she identifies dis, then she becomes conscious of her behaviour during dis period then gradually she will overcome it. Its not a medical thing its a behavioural act . Try to understand her but dont over indulge her or else it will become worse by d months.......thumps up for u cos ure a real man.

1 Like

Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by kolajoo(m): 4:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
cdee: All these replies are facts, funny but that's not the issue Mr Coconuthead grin nothing is wrong with ur wife at all. Fact is every newly wedded bride wishes to get pregnant immediately after her wedding Anytime she sees her period angryshe is zo disappointed and that's y her mood changes at that period. All she needs is a missed period that'll be tested as pregnancy.
Pls , after this her period, kindly see a doctor to get proper advice on aw she can get pregnant. U will see a difference after she's pregnant. And u too coconut head. Always put extra efforts in bed and let her rest well after. If possible raise her legs up for a while after so dat ur .... lipsrsealed Can reach d egg and also know her ovulation period. Goodluck smiley
omg!. I cant stop laughing here. NLanders go kill person with their comment.
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by mymz(f): 4:31pm On Feb 21, 2013
yuzedo: Hiss! Handle it the same way our fore-fathers handled wives who were on their period! undecided

... By the way, is she also rude to her boss at work simply because she is on her period? Or an important client like Dangote gets the short end of the stick because she is bleeding from her nyash? Ah! The world will stop because someone is shedding unfertilized eggs? Na wa for waec o! sad

might this outburst stem from a rapturous recent dilly dallying that led to a ban ("embargo", i believe was the word) somewhere along the line? wink
#jstcurious
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Akporugo247: 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
Please what is period is it seun second name?
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by euthanasia: 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2013
pak:

Period is that time when a woman who is still in school attends classes.

We have different types of period. Chemistry period, Maths period, Biology period e.t.c.

It is a painful time for many women especially those not academic inclined.

As the OP pointed out they are difficult to cheer up, depressed and sometimes rude like those girls who shun alaoeri in class. The OP didn't know this until he got married and unfortunately his wife is still in school.

But as some respondents pointed out there is hope when she starts bearing kids, mothers are generally more intelligent and academic inclined hence they tend to have less painful periods.

Hope this clears you ignorance ? any more questions ?

Thanks for the clarification grin
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by kingjoe(m): 4:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
coconut head,please just relax ,when i was in university my girlfriend used to have some of these reactions during her period.she will ask her roomates to come and call me. since then i respect ladies alot,just do as they have advised ,show more care and love ,treat her like a baby,cuddle etc.thats ur own part. do the things she loves .then try and get some medications as prescribed by a doctor.its not funny dear but weldone its all about responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by PrebabyG(f): 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2013
Wat a funny thread! Even Coconut head and his wife
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Exponental(m): 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
Just be d caring man she dreams of.....
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by carmelion(f): 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2013
OMG!these guys wont kill me,am having a good laugh here

jeez!,.........some comments oh lawd!
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by wazobiaforu(m): 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2013
I think she easily get tired and depressed while having her period due to some factors like:

*She might be sad whenever she sees her period while she is expecting pregnancy
* the blood(dirty) irritate her
* the blood loosing make her weak easily
E t c

I think the best thing for the OP is to try to know what might causes her bhaviour during period before action ( identify the problem b4 dignosis)

If its pregnancy expectant that causes it, then sit her down and speak world of God to her and give her your trust.
If she get tired or get irritated because of the period, reduce her work and do most house work for her.

Lastly, you can see your marriage councellor ..
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by hollypagan: 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
GIVE HER CHICKEN WINGS TO EAT

1 Like

Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Yvete(f): 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
cdee: All these replies are facts, funny but that's not the issue Mr Coconuthead grin nothing is wrong with ur wife at all. Fact is every newly wedded bride wishes to get pregnant immediately after her wedding Anytime she sees her period angryshe is zo disappointed and that's y her mood changes at that period. All she needs is a missed period that'll be tested as pregnancy.

Funniest comment I've read in a while. LMBO!
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Nosyke(m): 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2013

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by francescainnoce(f): 5:12pm On Feb 21, 2013
I am actually like that thou im single and my bf is far reached...
i have severe pain and mood swing..
I always break up with my bf on the day of my period..lol..and we get back days after..
i don't cook or eat cooked food during my period because i get irritated....
My bf tries to tell me sweet words during those period but they all sound soar to me...nothing he does pleases me...
BUT I TELL YOU WHAT....try cheer her up and make her feel you also feel her at that moment..then you show her love and care as usual...
its not a medical issue because I have visited my GP in the UK about my mood swing and nothing was helpful even the physchologist tried his best...
Just do your normal thing..
But when she is dry ...sweetly and romantically talk to her about it and here what she has to say...
There might be tips from her saying...
you Are MY DREAM KIND OF A HUSBAND
ONE WHO HAS THE MATTERS OF HIS WIFE AT HEART...
be cool ...

2 Likes

Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Mentcee(m): 5:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
grin grin grin
Gboliwe: Your username is crazily funny. Coconut head. Lol

Lashccomnaiweda!!!
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
holly-pagan:
GIVE HER CHICKEN WINGS TO EAT

OMG one of the funniest comment I have ever seen on nairaland. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by nenergy(m): 5:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
smartmom: she may need you to massage her back (lower back)
Now that i can do. *winks*
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by DonnaJocasta(f): 5:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sir,i must say that ur a caring husband,,,,,1 thing U̶̲̥̅̊ must know is that it happens 2 most ladies,so just be there 4 her as much as U̶̲̥̅̊ can,,,,,,and help her out with some house chores,,,,,,as she gets older she won't experience it any more,,,,,all Ƨ̷̜ђƸ̵ best!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2013
greatgod2012: Sir, i apreciate your love for your wife,you are a real man, d good news is that there is nothing that is wrong with your wife, that is her own system metabolism, all you need is your constant support and empathy.
If she feels pain, she may be taking pain reliever to relieve d pain or boscopan(dont know if d spelling is correct).
The better news is that, once she start having babies, she cant have d pain again.

Busy at office now, i will be right back to offer some solutions on how she can cope with PMS(pre menstrual syndrome)
goodluck.

how goodluck take enter this one? Chai, my president don suffer.
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2013
aniffy4eva: @ OP
When it's that time of the month... just be on your best behaviour smiley
Here are some ideas:-

House-chores (women ALWAYS like that cheesy).
Cook (even if she doesn't like your cooking) tongue.
Take her out (if she wants to)
Always ask if there's anything you can do for her (the thought counts)
Leave her alone (if need be)
..and please NO sex lipsrsealed... even if konji wan kill you. grin

and like feminine A above said.... Multiply that by 10 when she gets pregnant cheesy
(whoever said it was a man's world lied..... tongue)
na so
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by kallysky(f): 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2013
madam learn to control your mood swings
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by shadrach77: 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:
Another Nonsensical post, u recently discovered dat wen ur wife is in her period everything irritates her n can be rude at times. My question is wasn't ur wife also in her period wen u two were dating? Or during dating her period ceased n is now back after marriage. Tell ur wife to stop being childish cuz if not by the end of every month for DA NEXT TWO DECADES OR SO UR WIFE IS GOING TO BE RUDE TO YOU N EVERYTHING WILL IRRITATE HER WHEN IT'S NOT UR DOING. CAN YOU COPE WITH THAT. grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin angry I WAS EATING BANKU N TILAPIA BUT I HAVE JUX LOST MA APPETITE reading diz.
very wise post my guy! so his wife was not on her period while they were datin abi? Your wife is just being childish and is indulgent, knowing fully well that he has a caring (aka mumu) husband like you to pamper her. let her realise you won't tolerate her tantrums and ignore her when she starts and see how quickly she will change angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas / Man, His Wife & Child Burnt In Their House In Imo State (Graphic Photos) / 11 Harmful Lies Your Mind Loves To Tell You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.