Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,716 members, 7,951,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 07:51 AM

How To Help A Woman During Her Period - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Help A Woman During Her Period (28759 Views)

Help! She Wants To Get Pregnant Because Of Excruciating Pains In Her Period / Lady Molested By Father's Friend, Houseboy, Friend & 3 Others During Her Period / Is It Possible To Get Pregnant Two Days Before The Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by holuwarlay08(m): 5:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
once you know her, then take her for who she his at that period........lobatan
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Empress2013: 5:53pm On Feb 21, 2013
coconut head: Dear House,

I recently got married and i discovered dis in my wife. When she's in her period, everything irritates her, she sometimes depressed, difficult to cheer her up. She's just dull and can be rude too. I've been looking for a way to help her out of this feeling. She's so nice. I dont want to see her sad or depressed. I'll need advise from house members how to handle this. I'll appreciate comments from married ladies in teh huse and married me too.

Thanks.
well, am not married but am a lady and also a nurse.most women have mood swings during their period, it is normal. But I think what you need to do as caring husband is showing more love and care during this time, be more tolerating, help in the house chores as much as posibble, and get her medications like buscopam,feldin or felvin,paracetamol and massaging the tommy with hot water will definitely go a long way! I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
just let her be..
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Empress2013: 5:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
alaoeri: Op please what do u mean by period?
are you for real?
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Chlorin: 6:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
Imma Not married yet
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by creativemusic: 6:19pm On Feb 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by OwenG1(m): 6:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
Jst continue 2 support her n try avoiding stuffs dat cud stress her up more! Cheers man!
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by natkel1: 6:37pm On Feb 21, 2013
Hahaha men or boys don't understand when it comes to the pain. Huh! Coconut head! Firstly why that name? Then give her lots of warm fluids- black tea, hot plain water, soup. Depends also if she has the mood to eat. Have readily painkillers. Let her sleep much, when she's awake, encourage her to go for walks. Sit with her, talk with her, make her laugh. Distract her mind from the pain. When I'm in pain that's when I need him most. Show her you care even when she has mood swings. And try to avoid doing the things that upset her. You could talk about it with her when she is done with her period, ask her what she would like you to do when she is like that. She will tell you her best solution. Love her, care for her. I know its not easy to see her go through that.
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Policewoman(f): 6:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
ileobatojo:

It sounds like a more severe form of premenstrual disorder. To get depressed to the point of not being able to cheer her up is outside the usual run of the mill symptoms. One thing I would suggest right of the top of my head would be to have her placed on birth control pills. If you are not trying for a baby currently, that would be a good solution as it would prevent the hormone swings that cause it. Otherwise, see a doctor, she may need to take antidepressants even if its only for parts of her menstrual cycle. I don't think it should be ignored though, get her help! It will definitely wear thin after a while of trying to tolerate it o. To have to go through this cycle every 3 weeks will quickly get tiring. Good on you for seeking solutions. You are a good man!
Antidepressants for menstrual pains? shocked Now dats extreme. A few analgesics will do for her pain. As for her mood change, try making her feel comfortable and cheering her up any way u can.
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
Policewoman: Antidepressants for menstrual pains? shocked Now dats extreme. A few analgesics will do for her pain. As for her mood change, try making her feel comfortable and cheering her up any way u can.

I'm pretty sure I never suggested antidepressants for menstrual pain.
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Dstar1(f): 6:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
yuzedo: Hiss! Handle it the same way our fore-fathers handled wives who were on their period! undecided

... By the way, is she also rude to her boss at work simply because she is on her period? Or an important client like Dangote gets the short end of the stick because she is bleeding from her nyash? Ah! The world will stop because someone is shedding unfertilized eggs? Na wa for waec o! sad
is your type dat kills dir wife.

4 Likes

Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by olumide81(m): 7:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
what i do is this.....make sure u 'touch' her a day or two to her period......and i do the cookin all thru the first day and i ensure that whatever she takes is hot including water.......by the second day u will have a padded lively woman

3 Likes

Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by natkel1: 7:26pm On Feb 21, 2013
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by natkel1: 7:26pm On Feb 21, 2013
shadrach77:
very wise post my guy! so his wife was not on her period while they were datin abi? Your wife is just being childish and is indulgent, knowing fully well that he has a caring (aka mumu) husband like you to pamper her. let her realise you won't tolerate her tantrums and ignore her when she starts and see how quickly she will change angry angry angry angry
Mxm stupid idiot. I wish you could feel a glimpse of how sick we can get on my period. He said even when they were dating she would do that. Don't you know how to read? Abeg some women even get admitted, and you say its all just tantrums! Ha I wish they were. I dnt blame u. U don't have sisters and a gf n a wife. So u dnt understand. Mxm.. Coconut head, don't listen to these fools. People don't understand what you going through until they walk a mile in your shoes. If your a man who knows nothing about periods, keep your comments to yourself. Its like saying when you are overly high and no sign of getting it, your balls don't pain! What has that got to do with tantrums, tantrums my foot.
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Cornel88(m): 7:49pm On Feb 21, 2013
I will like to know what the feelings is like. Though i'm a man.
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by dapo338(m): 7:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
I really respect guys like the OP, but the way female commenters are talking abt Luv is more irritating, well shaaaa.... If I were u, I will give her excuse when I know its her time, will avoid home for 5 gud days, doing that for sum months, she will definately change.
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by nikkypearl(f): 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2013
zayhal: Its refreshing to see a caring man like you on NL. Lol. Let's look at it from this angle. How long have you been married? Are you trying for a child yet? Are family members already asking your wife if she's pregnant yet? You know Nigerians, once you're married they want to come and celebrate baby birth in 9months. If all these are already happening, it may upset your wife each time she sees her period, especially if she and/or you too are eager for her to be pregnant.
luv yo comment!100% true dear!
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
Kai!!!... angry so this is what i'll face if and when i get married..imagine facing this for everymonth...e for beta if women no dey get period nd re still able to bear kids..na wa o.
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Mamacita007(f): 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
Menstrual pain makes u easily irritated so just leave her alone becos talking too much in d name of caring can make things worse.

2 Likes

Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by gloriana(f): 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2013
Just buy ha zinc capsules, high nutrient calcium n antilipemic tea. Let ha take it 4 1 month n i bet u u'l start singin allelluya.
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by scarred: 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
Help ke...?
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Maya2pretty(f): 10:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mad Cow: Slap her whenever she is disrespectful... angry

Dont let your wife use 'period' as an excuse to disrespect or act a fool around the house. Period has been around since the beginning of time. They have experienced it for so long that I wonder why they have not gotten use to it. OMO!! Dont take rubbish from her o! Period or not!! angry

Infact, When they are on that period thing is when you should work them harder. That is Gods punishment to them for leading Mankind astray. If not for them, we would have still been running around nake'd in the Garden of Eden.. angry

hahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin *falls off bed*
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Maya2pretty(f): 11:02pm On Feb 21, 2013
Ch@nges:
I must confess, this period of a thing irritates and inflame my soul.
Na only ur soul e dey inflame angry
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 21, 2013
Maya2pretty:
Na only ur soul e dey inflame angry

Mayaboo I would still love you even with your period tongue
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Maya2pretty(f): 11:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
2buff:

Mayaboo I would still love you even with your period tongue
Lol, doesn't it inflame ur soul too?
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
Maya2pretty:
Lol, doesn't it inflame ur soul too?

For some reason, God created you with that extra week of crase every month tongue
It wasn't your choice. So I would love you regardless. smiley
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Maya2pretty(f): 11:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
2buff:

For some reason, God created you with that extra week of crase every month tongue
It wasn't your choice. So I would love you regardless. smiley
awwwwwwwwwww smiley real men r talkin here
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by luvlypie: 3:25am On Feb 22, 2013
gentleking90: Eeh yah, just make u always bring in anoda woman whenever she is on it.. It will make her to change
U are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Vincent41(m): 3:26am On Feb 22, 2013
greatgod2012: Sir, i apreciate your love for your wife,you are a real man, d good news is that there is nothing that is wrong with your wife, that is her own system metabolism, all you need is your constant support and empathy.
If she feels pain, she may be taking pain reliever to relieve d pain or boscopan(dont know if d spelling is correct).
The better news is that, once she start having babies, she cant have d pain again.

Busy at office now, i will be right back to offer some solutions on how she can cope with PMS(pre menstrual syndrome)
goodluck.

just bring here to me
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by IbukaDantata: 7:18am On Feb 22, 2013
Ever wondered why men die earlier than their wives??
Because, they are following all these needless advice on '' how to please a woman''
Better leave her to her ''natural'' troubles and face ur own troubles squarely.
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Alice07: 12:18pm On Feb 22, 2013
I usually have that kind of pain too. Everything irritates me, sometimes i get to throw up and i get angry at anything. Confirm if she is not havin infection cos infections can cause severe pain too.
For the pains, she can take "LABDIC RELIET" It is just #100 and it works for me and it is one tablet per day. Once it starts coming let her take it.. Felvin, buscopan and ibuprofene may not work for her according to ur analysis. Tell her to do away with cold and sugery food. No sex tru out pls
Re: How To Help A Woman During Her Period by Fpersiee(m): 12:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
mi dear, i recommend u put her in prayers. prayer s d master key, u knww. lukkz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas / Man, His Wife & Child Burnt In Their House In Imo State (Graphic Photos) / If You Found Out Your Male Child Has Been Defiled From Behind - Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.