Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,430 members, 7,937,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 08:08 PM

Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? (26590 Views)

LED signs Nigeria | Digital signage | Moving sign display | Led Lights / What Is The Exchange Rate Of The British Pound To Nigerian Naira Today? / Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by kushe: 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2013
Me,I came for the dream.Nigeria can be hard but a dream is always imagination till someone converts it into reality.If Singapore could have enough sense to transform that tiny island into one of the biggest economies in the world,the critical mass of those that were here,those that have returned and the many more yet to come would transform this nation.The only issue is don't come to the table empty handed,kindly come along with some intelligence and let's build the nation of our dreams.
Mi o lo anywhere clan,this is it for me till I die or Jesus comes back.

1 Like

Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by babaskool(m): 6:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
occam:

Anyone paying that is brain dead. With that money (800,000 pounds) you can buy 2 houses in the U.K and lease it for monthly income (2,000 pounds each house, every month)
you are not getting the point are you there a lot of rich nigerians who live in places like lekki and hence live in mansions built in these areas someone bought his land only for half a million pounds your telling him he shud have bought a house in lekki u dey craze no offence are u comparing lekki to peckham....don't....i've lived in hackney east london for about 5 years i just laugh at these richard branson alan sugar guys that think they have money ........maybe they shud vist dangote website for which kind of truck driver job he has for them lolllllll
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by babaskool(m): 6:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
damiso: I own no 1 Hyde Park and The Shard.(should i include buckingham palace.no dont let me oppress those who live in peckham) grin grin grin grin grin
come hackney lets party fam
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by damiso(f): 6:19pm On Feb 19, 2013
babaskool:
come hackney lets party fam

Where is that tongue grin.Sorry i only roll in central london or the shires. tongue tongue
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by kushe: 6:23pm On Feb 19, 2013
One day you guys will just outgrow all this stuff.1Hyde park and tins.
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by damiso(f): 6:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
kushe: One day you guys will just outgrow all this stuff.1Hyde park and tins.

Sarcasm my friend sarcasm. wink

And by the way the day people outgrow 1 Hyde Park is the day people outgrow Bananna Island.There is prime real estate EVERYWHERE in the world.I just hate it when people say se you wont come home ni ur mates are living in Lekki,Bananna Island like EVERYONE in Nigeria can afford to live in bananna island.mtshew.hissing........
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by babaskool(m): 6:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
damiso:

Where is that tongue grin.Sorry i only roll in central london or the shires. tongue tongue

me:starts speaking pidgin in osofia voice ....NA WHEN RAIN COMMOT FINISH, NA DEN THE OWNER OF THE UMBRELLA GO KNOW NA LOAD HE CARRY........come party now u no gree no p den
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by wonlasewonimi: 6:37pm On Feb 19, 2013
Litmus:

actually have more than i mentioned if i include family property

MATCH BOXES ABI?
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
ehie: All these Nigerians in the Dispora,are fair weather Nigerians,no gusto,no stamina,willing to jump ship as soon as they feel things are not good..do they come home and expect to become kings and kings,CEOS and managers when us the ones that were here through thick and thin slugged it thru..

That is not the way you measure talents
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by sweetgala(m): 7:49pm On Feb 19, 2013
Its a simple as there are better opportunities to realise your ambitions and dreams in Nigeria. In Europe you just another educated guy with experience and the job safety which was present before is now disappearing.
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by Skywalker5(m): 7:53pm On Feb 19, 2013
sweet_gala: Its a simple as there are better opportunities to realise your ambitions and dreams in Nigeria. In Europe you just another educated guy with experience and the job safety which was present before is now disappearing.
grin grin grin
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by kufre2010(m): 7:56pm On Feb 19, 2013
murtalaa:

source: http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/47835/2013/02/16/exodus_movement_britishborn_nigeriansback_nigeria.html
BOBmarley words is fulfulfillng he foresee coming back of d people'exodus- movement of d people.

2 Likes

Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by Litmus: 7:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

MATCH BOXES ABI?

see this bobo wan take style romance me for ma money, but ah no go gree - don't pm me!
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by TableLeg(m): 8:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
Litmus:
see this bobo wan take style romance me for ma money, but ah no go gree - don't pm me!
My friend shut the fu.c..k up!

1 Like

Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
I had to come back and post a final comment on this thread...

Imagine 18million mad people running around in Nigeria, yet the government hasn't deemed it fit to call it a national tragedy and declare a state of emergence in the country smh... Anyway, what do you expect from a country of 150 million people with only 5million rich/ballin' people, 70million dead-walking people, and the rest are just there for the sake of being there - whilst 500,000people continue to loot and chuck billions of dollars and naira in foreign accounts??

You can keep the pricks who went back - they're only looking for something to steal with the other looters!! The only thing worth going to naija for are the hungry who.res who'll swallow your babies for a nickle!!

The country is so messed up, all our African values have been thrown in the bin and we're now raising who.res, kidnappers, armed robbers, 419ers etc..

Muthaphuck Nigeria!! grin

I'm out, yo!!

*Still crying for naija* cry
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
shymexx: I had to come back and post a final comment on this thread...

Imagine 18million mad people running around in Nigeria, yet the government hasn't deemed it fit to call it a national tragedy and declare a state of emergence in the country smh... Anyway, what do you expect from a country of 150 million people with only 5million rich/ballin' people, 70million dead-walking people, and the rest are just there for the sake of being there - whilst 500,000people continue to loot and chuck billions of dollars and naira in foreign accounts??

You can keep the pricks who went back - they're only looking for something to steal with the other looters!! The only thing worth going to naija for are the hungry who.res who'll swallow your babies for a nickle!!

The country is so messed up, all our African values have been thrown in the bin and we're now raising who.res, kidnappers, armed robbers, 419ers etc..

I'm out, yo!!

I HATE TO DO THIS TO YOU BRAH BUT ERMMM YOU MAY BE PART OF THE PROBLEM grin grin OK LETS DISSECT TWO OF YOUR POINTS

The only thing worth going to naija for are the hungry who.res who'll swallow your babies for a nickle!!
<<< NOT EXACTLY A MORAL ENDEAVOR FOR SOMEONE WITH 'AFRICAN VALUES' AS YOU SO ELOQUENTLY PUT IT.

The country is so messed up, all our African values have been thrown in the bin and we're now raising who.res,

<<<< THE WHORES ARE BEING RAISED SO THAT BRUVS LIKE YOU CAN COME GIVE THEM BABYS TO SWALLOW. SO WHICH IS IT ? ARE YOU PRO WHORES OR ANTI WHORES ? grin grin
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by cap28: 10:17pm On Feb 19, 2013
The vast majority of british born nigerians are not interested in returning to nigeria even for a holiday and that is a fact, many are completely westernised in their outlook and will find it almost impossible to adapt in nigeria. I mean returning to do what exactly - there are basics that all human beings want from life: food, shelter, employment, healthcare, education - nigeria is unable to provide any of these basics to its populace, here in the UK the poorest people in society have access to all of these without breaking sweat so why leave that to go to a place where those things are guaranteed only to the rich? Nigeria is a country where only the rich live well and the rich make up less than a fraction of 1% of the population - that is what you call inequality on a staggering level. When you visit places like abuja you see how wide the gap is between the haves and the have nots - why would anyone who has a choice of something better opt to live in such a society?

Here in the UK - if you are poor you can still eat three square meals a day, have access to education, healthcare, employment, and a range of other social services, if you dont have money to go out to the cinema or visit places of interst, you can go to the libraries which are free, museums, parks and many other places of interest. This is an advanced society - you need to see the kind of accomodation that is designated for disabled people in this country - these are places that many so called rich people in nigeria would give their right arm to live in.

Obadiah - i have to respond to your post about earning £50 an hour in this country, how many people do you know that earn that? as one poster correctly stated - minimum wage in this country is £6.80 therefore whoever earns £50 an hour is doing very well indeed because the average salary in the UK is £26,500 as at april 2012.

In order to earn £50 an hour you have to be a highly skilled worker with the kind of skill that very few people have ie medical doctor, lawyer, dentist, journalist etc as you should know very few black people have access to such high paying jobs unless they belong in the above mentioned group as the majority of high paying jobs in this country are undertaken by white people.

The UK is a class based nation - your success in life is determined by - family background ie are your parents middle or working class, the type of school you went to, ie private or govt maintained, how you look and speak - many blacks do not gain access to the best jobs and opportunities because they can not get over the above hurdles.
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by cap28: 10:29pm On Feb 19, 2013
shymexx: I had to come back and post a final comment on this thread...

I'm out, yo!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by Ishilove: 10:29pm On Feb 19, 2013
obadiah777:

The only thing worth going to naija for are the hungry who.res who'll swallow your babies for a nickle!!
<<< NOT EXACTLY A MORAL ENDEAVOR FOR SOMEONE WITH 'AFRICAN VALUES' AS YOU SO ELOQUENTLY PUT IT.

The country is so messed up, all our African values have been thrown in the bin and we're now raising who.res,

<<<< THE WHORES ARE BEING RAISED SO THAT BRUVS LIKE YOU CAN COME GIVE THEM BABYS TO SWALLOW. SO WHICH IS IT ? ARE YOU PRO WHORES OR ANTI WHORES ? grin grin

'Swallow your babies' ke? How is that possible??

Swallow babies...swallow babies... SWALLOW BABIES?!

Lawd, is this what I am thinking? shocked

Ayanmaaaa!! Gross!!! shocked

*gagging*

*faints while puking*

sad shocked sad angry
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 19, 2013
Ishilove:
'Swallow your babies' ke? How is that possible??

Swallow babies...swallow babies... SWALLOW BABIES?!

Lawd, is this what I am thinking? shocked

Ayanmaaaa!! Gross!!! shocked

*gagging*

*faints while puking*

sad shocked sad angry
grin grin grin IT IT IS JUST WHAT YOU THINK IT IS LOL. THAT SHYMEXXX <<< NOTICE HOW I PUT Bleep. HE IS A PO-RN STAR OF SORTS grin
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by cap28: 11:02pm On Feb 19, 2013
shymexx:

How come the Ferdinand brothers are always in Peckham and Rio tries too hard to talk about Peckham all the time?? Anton is in a couple of black hood videos...

Adam Afriyie, the millionaire top black conservative MP and the future PM is from Peckham and he talks about Peckham all the time...

Harriet Harman is from Peckham as well...

I can give you a list of successful people who're happy to be associated with Peckham...

Hey bro come on Harriet Harman? That woman couldnt find Peckham on a map - believe! - she is very very upper middle class - her aunt was a countess for christsakes!!she only represents Peckham as an MP bro grin grin:

[b]Harman was born Lesley Harriet Harman in London to Anna Harman (née Spicer), a solicitor, married to a Harley Street physician John Bishop Harman FRCP.[5] Her parents each had non-conformist backgrounds – her grandfather, ophthalmic surgeon Nathaniel Bishop Harman, was a prominent Unitarian[6] and the Spicer family were well known congregationalists. Her aunt was Elizabeth Pakenham, Countess of Longford, and her cousins include writers Lady Antonia Fraser, Rachel Billington, and Thomas Pakenham.[7][dead link]
Harman attended a fee-paying public school, St Paul's Girls' School and then the University of York, where she gained a BA in Politics.
After qualifying as a lawyer, Harman worked for Brent Law Centre in London. Between 1978 and 1982, Harman was employed legal officer for the National Council for Civil Liberties. In this capacity, she was found in contempt of court by Mr Justice Hugh Park.[8] before becoming MP for Peckham in a by-election in 1982. However, Harman took the case to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg and successfully argued that the prosecution had breached her right to freedom of expression. Harman v United Kingdom is still considered a significant case in British public law.[9]
Harman was later involved in a European Court of Human Rights case against MI5 after it was revealed (during a television interview given) by whistleblower Cathy Massiter in 1984 that personal files were held by MI5 on Harman and on the by then former General Secretary of the NCCL, Patricia Hewitt.[10] They successfully argued that there had been an infringement of their rights because MI5 was not a legally constituted and democratically accountable organisation, this being the minimum standard in democracy.[10] The success of the case led to enactment [/b]
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by cap28: 11:18pm On Feb 19, 2013
shymexx:

Nah, 30mins on the bus but 5-10mins drive...

So, it's just the same endz/area...

I know Eltham, Sidcup, Kidbrooke, and all the way to Erith and Bexleyheath..

BNP/EDL recruitment posts

That whole sidcup, kidbrooke bexley heath up to dartford area are staunch white working class areas full off nasty racist chavs who despise black people.

i take my hat off to any nigerian living in those areas.

The richer whites who cant afford to live in the expensive parts of london dont go anywhere near those areas and are concentrated in the shires.
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by bethnals: 12:42am On Feb 20, 2013
More than 1,700 people apply for just EIGHT jobs at Costa Coffee shop

More than 1,700 people applied for eight jobs at a new coffee shop, in an indication of how tough the jobs market remains.

Coffee shop chain Costa said it received 1,701 applications for the posts at their new branch in Mapperley, Nottingham, after advertising in early December.

It comes ahead of new unemployment figures published by the Office for National Statistics tomorrow.

A spokeswoman for Costa said the firm was shocked at the response for the three full-time and five part-time posts at the shop, which is due to open on Woodborough Road on Friday.

She said applicants for the posts, with wages between £6.10 and £10 an hour, ranged from new graduates to former managers who were clearly overqualified for the positions.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/more-than-1700-people-apply-for-just-eight-jobs-at-costa-coffee-shop-8501329.html

welcome to the UK of new cool
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by gbollykore: 4:30am On Feb 20, 2013
living in the uk: good health servioe, freedom to walk around at 1am without looking back, working system at least to a high extent, good and affordable education for your kids, no vigilantes or night guards banging on ur gate to show that they are hardworking, anything happens to u , u call for an ambulance and they show up in 10 minutes,meanwhile there is nothing that says if you live abroad you can not be rich, as a matter of fact i know very successful Nigerians abroad, that Made their money legitimately

[b]living in Naija: big money( if you are one of the few that have it), if u are lucky or connected, or have a decent well paying job, or if u have a godfather that initiates you into cult or politics, you have to pay for vigilantes,opc, dig your own bore hole,buy petrol or diesel, visit someone at 9pm and they tell you you can not go home because its too late, or you can not go from lagos to ibadan at night because of armed robbers, you can have good deals , make big money and buy 8 to 10 cars that you park most of the time, you can have a personal driver for 10$ a day,who can plan with armed robbers to come and rob you and kill you , because he wants " to make it too" , your wife can work in a bank till 11pm and the boss may pressurise her to sleep with hIM, you need to pay millions for your childrens school fees, because they have personal laptops and they go to london every summer or they have an admin assistant that has british accent

The choice is yours!

THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SLEEPING MAN AND A DEAD MAN, GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by occam(m): 4:51am On Feb 20, 2013
babaskool:
you are not getting the point are you there a lot of rich nigerians who live in places like lekki and hence live in mansions built in these areas someone bought his land only for half a million pounds your telling him he shud have bought a house in lekki u dey craze no offence are u comparing lekki to peckham....don't....i've lived in hackney east london for about 5 years i just laugh at these richard branson alan sugar guys that think they have money ........maybe they shud vist dangote website for which kind of truck driver job he has for them lolllllll

oh you were deported when your "aduro" expired. No wonder you sound so bitter. And I bet you hardly strayed outside your Hackney basement apartment throughout your unfortunate stay. Hemel Hempstead? Edgware? sound familiar? I didn't think so

This article is about Nigerians who studied in the U.K, not an "aduro" like you. Anyway have fun in your Lekki mansion.
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by Confusion: 7:35am On Feb 20, 2013
[quote author=cutebabe]In summary, the reporter found 3- 4 ladies who relocated to Nigeria from abroad Lobatan.

Having said that it is true that many in UK say Naija is best until they attempt full relocation and their eye is shined by force and they realise that Naija is not for the chicken livered and the couple of thousands of pounds they have amassed is for boli and epa grin grin they quickly dust their pali and run back abroad.
[ArLquote]
Wht do you mean by chicken livered
It is people like you that intend to parasite on the wealth of any nation, I will never pray to have a friend like you because when the going become tough you will look for another host to parasite. For your info the middle class in naija,india n brazil is increasing while that of europe is fast reducing. Read and follow quality news and not internet gossip

2 Likes

Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by Biafrarep(m): 8:24am On Feb 20, 2013
anulaxad: THIS IS FUUCKED UP.

ME AND MY DAD ARE BORN IN THE UK AND ARE NIGERIANS, BUT MATE YOUR'E EVEN LUCKY FOR ME EVEN CALLING MYSELF NIGERIANS,NONE OF MY FRIENDS (A LOT) WHO ARE ORIGINALLY FROM NIGERIA BUT BORN IN THE UK DO NOT EVEN WANT TO ASSOCIATE THEMSELVES BEING NIGERIAN.

FRAUDULENT THREAD PEOPLE DO NOT BELIEVE A THING.

Who the hell is this retard? Nigerians are lucky because you call yourself a Nigerian? Now I ask you again, who the hell are you? I was really enjoying myself going through this thread until I collided with your post. Nigeria, a country that boasts of so many world renowned intellectuals in almost all fields of human endeavor, with people like Achebe, Philip Emeagwali, and so many others of global fame who identify with Nigeria without making a biggie out of it, only for a wretched lowlife street sweeper of Peck ham like you, who has contributed nothing meaningful to Nigeria to be saying this trash! Is this how low your self esteem is? Lawd have mercy on your pathetic soul.

1 Like

Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by candylips(m): 9:23am On Feb 20, 2013
I live and still live in eltham ( since 2006). While it is not a traditional black area like them peckham brixton etc. It is a lovely area to live in. I have never suffered any racism attacks and during the london riots, these people gathered to protect the neighborhood from black youths advancing from lewisham. no harm in that. i went past the place shown in the video (eltham high street) that day and i wasn't attacked as a black guy.

The last video of the 321 bus confirms this. This bus runs from Lewisham to Sidcup. Probably some of the looters where already on their way to loot the eltham high street

shymexx:

Err... This is Eltham(just a stone throw from Sidcup) with EDL nutters waiting for any black person to dare come around... grin I'm sure they won't try this in Peckham! grin

EDL to take on looters in eltham London?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW4cUcCs1yo

EDL supporters attack bus carrying black youths - London riots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe4WywUNdUA
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by NessaFresh(f): 9:26am On Feb 20, 2013
coogar:

it's a very useless article.....very poorly written.
interviewing 3-4 women who went back to nigeria cos of marriage or a sweeter job offer cannot be used as a yardstick that people are returning to nigeria. of course, some nigerian companies worship certificates and they would pay over the odds to hire a foreign graduate......but how many of these cases would you find? the number of visa applications to the uk keeps increasing so which is which?

Stfu...if the reporter interviews 100 returnees and decides to write it up here...would u wanna read it?
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by NessaFresh(f): 9:28am On Feb 20, 2013
Biafra rep: Who the hell is this retard? Nigerians are lucky because you call yourself a Nigerian? Now I ask you again, who the hell are you? I was really enjoying myself going through this thread until I collided with your post. Nigeria, a country that boasts of so many world renowned intellectuals in almost all fields of human endeavor, with like people Achebe, Philip Emeagwali, and so many others of global fame identify with Nigeria without making a biggie out of it, only for a wretched lowlife street sweeper of Peck ham like you, who has contributed nothing meaningful to Nigeria to be saying this trash! Is this how low your self esteem is? Lawd have mercy on your pathetic soul.

With the way he is typing with his capslock on it already shows he is hustling in lagos
Re: Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? by mickjagger(m): 10:10am On Feb 20, 2013
bethnals:

welcome to the UK of new cool

The UK should be renamed "Poundland" It is an increasingly poor, dangerous, desperate country.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2049676/Welcome-Slums-Southall-How-unscrupulous-landlords-illegally-built-squalid-homes-immigrants.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

“How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] / Dangote Sugar Refinery In Niger State Shut Down / Nigerian Millionaires On The Rise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.