Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:42 AM

Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article (23462 Views)

Holy Molly! See The Handiwork Of Kanye On Kim / Hilarious Photo Of The Day: Blue Ivy Vs North West On Kim K's New Nude Photo / Revealed: You Won't Believe Who Rubbed The Oil On Kim Kardashian's Body For PM! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by true2god: 6:23am On Feb 19, 2013
SKIPCY: Kim Kardashian 1 Nigeria 0
If na african nations cup final she don carry the throphy go yankee. Bad bussiness.
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by OmoEziokwu: 6:28am On Feb 19, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Where is the hypocrisy?[/size]

You were saying that people shouldn't get all moral on her. It definitely wasn't the best for Nigeria's public image that Kim Kardashian visited Nigeria. Even though you might feel that it has given the country some "glow", it is still subliminal negative influence especially for the girls in Nigeria, and the rest of the world isn't so stupid to think that Nigeria has all of a sudden become a popular tourist or celeb destination, not with the links in the Yahoo article to the Boko Haram story and references to petro-dollars and scammers.
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 6:36am On Feb 19, 2013
Valentine Roses:

Trying to direct a stray dog doesn't mean u r stalking it. Oh ma dayz kids of today.

OOOOWWWWWW!!!! (COUNTING) 1...2....3...4.....5....6....7....8.....9.....10 K.O!
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by yyb14: 6:41am On Feb 19, 2013
chai...dat guy don finish dbanj walahi
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 19, 2013
This was a comment I read on that article

Micro: Please Nigeria, for the love of humanity, take her and the rest of the Kardashian clan and keep them away from us. Thank you.

SantiW TX: Neither are we...you can keep her

Kim K. I couldn't care less. She came, she saw, she conquered. Q.E.D
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by tunapawizzy: 6:46am On Feb 19, 2013
ItsModella: tunapawizzy, clap for yourself o.. grin grin grin grin
kpa kpa......kpa kpa kpa MILO

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 6:47am On Feb 19, 2013
OmoEziokwu: You were saying that people shouldn't get all moral on her. It definitely wasn't the best for Nigeria's public image that Kim Kardashian visited Nigeria. Even though you might feel that it has given the country some "glow", it is still subliminal negative influence especially for the girls in Nigeria, and the rest of the world isn't so stupid to think that Nigeria has all of a sudden become a popular tourist or celeb destination, not with the links in the Yahoo article to the Boko Haram story and references to petro-dollars and scammers.

[size=13pt]I still don't see the hypocrisy. People shouldn't get moral on her.

Brazil has high crime rates and is still a tourist/celeb destination. Mexico has high crime rates and is still a tourist/celeb destination. The same can be said about South Africa. Nigeria can use better news. Like I said in the other thread, I'd rather hear about celebrities visiting and hosting events in Nigeria than BH blowing up churches.

As you judge Kim K, I hope you judge Genevieve Nnaji, Tonto Decay, Cossy, Karen Igho, and even the late Goldie. As much as I'd wish people were perfect and led by examples, it will never happen. We are all humans and will make mistakes. That's a fact. Making mistakes does not matter, however. What matters is how someone takes that err as his or her own and continues to head for a brighter tomorrow. I can guarantee you that Genevieve never wished to be a teenage mother, yet she continued to live her life and is one of the best actresses Africa has ever produced. The same can be said about Kim K, who didn't wish for acts she did with her boyfriend to be seen by the world. She put the issue behind her and is a successful businesswoman and brand. I do think that's commendable.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 6:48am On Feb 19, 2013
SADLY (4 DAREY)HE WASN'T MENTIONED IN ALL THIS JUST STATED THAT 'AN ' R&B ARTIST ...... BLAH BLAH BLAH. $50K AND NO ONE REMEMBERS U AS THE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT THE KATRASHIAN HO WHILE PEOPLE WHO OBJECTED GOT MORE POPULARITY TUT TUT TUT. NOT GOOD

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by tunapawizzy: 6:49am On Feb 19, 2013
funky medina: Tunapawizzy, Brand new & co can I get ur autograph prease!
pops collar
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by cfours: 6:53am On Feb 19, 2013
omo_to_dun: @ogugua88

My dear, that's our mentality. We see ourselves as saints, but others as sinners. Looking back on what Kim K did, I can tell you that it wasn't even controversial. What did she do? A sextape and a short marriage. Seriously? That's nothing. I do not like Kim K's product but I respect her hustle. That girl is making bank and I respect her. Nigeria men wouldn't turn her down (despite calling her a who_re) and Nigerian women would kill to take her place. She earned $18 million last year. Na beans?

you are a guy. what do you care? do you have teenage daughters?
if no, then you have no say.
the likes of Kim K, Paris Hilton and their sex-video ilks are there for your satisfaction anyway. who are the main consumers of the sex-videos.
but ultimately, these women are making money at the expense of society and young girls (esp ones without good parental guidance) who are learning from TV that all they need is boob and butt to make it in life.
media and society are sexist. have always been. but it's nice to see a backlash against this horrible promotion.

we endured paris hilton. and now kim k. who is going to be next. God have mercy.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by chucky234(m): 6:55am On Feb 19, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Nigerians should be honest sha. How many people were expecting a pregnant, high maintenance, business-oriented woman to park well for Eko? I certainly wasn't.[/size]
Madam which one com be biz oriented inside na,wetin oriented inside dat ashawo wey make her com duped us $500k abi u think say dat amount na joke.
Make she park well for Yankee cos we no wan see her legs for Lasgidi again oooo
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by cfours: 6:57am On Feb 19, 2013
ogugua88:

As you judge Kim K, I hope you judge Genevieve Nnaji, Tonto Decay, Cossy, Karen Igho, and even the late Goldie. As much as I'd wish people were perfect and led by examples, it will never happen. We are all humans and will make mistakes. That's a fact.[/size]

I don't think you should put kim k or cossy (sluts) in the same sentence with Genevieve Nnaji (role model).
just like you wouldn't put ASA in the same sentence with Tonto Dikeh. all celebrities are not created equal.
Genevieve Nnaji may be a teen mom. but she is a celebrity in her own right as a talented actress.

big difference.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 19, 2013
c.fours:
you are a guy. what do you care? do you have teenage daughters?
if no, then you have no say.
the likes of Kim K, Paris Hilton and their sex-video ilks are there for your satisfaction anyway. who are the main consumers of the sex-videos.
but ultimately, these women are making money at the expense of society and young girls (esp ones without good parental guidance) who are learning from TV that all they need is boob and butt to make it in life.
media and society are sexist. have always been. but it's nice to see a backlash against this horrible promotion.

we endured paris hilton. and now kim k. who is going to be next. God have mercy.

[size=13pt]If you don't want your daughter being influenced by who you deem bad, then don't allow her to see it. Madonna's children do not watch television. If she can monitor her children as busy as she is, then no one else has any excuse. If you want your daughter to rise above such stereotypes, then teach and show her otherwise. Remind her of her self-worth. Don't make Kim Kardashian and others your scapegoats.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 19, 2013
c.fours:
I don't think you should put kim k or cossy (sluts) in the same sentence with Genevieve Nnaji (role model).
just like you wouldn't put ASA in the same sentence with Tonto Dikeh. all celebrities are not created equal.
Genevieve Nnaji may be a teen mom. but she is a celebrity in her own right as a talented actress.

big difference.

[size=13pt]Genevieve has a knack for acting. Kim K has a knack for entrepreneurship.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by dhardline(m): 7:00am On Feb 19, 2013
Seeing all this hate float around kim k and kanye I just cant help feeling sorry for our own D'banj cause the hate will definitely and gradually flow down to him.D'banj swallow your pride,take a bottle of aromatic scnapp and some cola to Don jazzy,prostrate and ask him to take you back.
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by manny4life(m): 7:02am On Feb 19, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Genevieve has a knack for acting. Kim K has a knack for entrepreneurship.[/size]

Entrepreneurship in what exactly my sister? Was it not the tape that shot her to spotlight?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by chucky234(m): 7:03am On Feb 19, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: Lmao @ Kudishian grin grin

PS: Where was NL mentioned?
dem mention NL for una village square
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 19, 2013
omo_to_dun: @ogugua88

My dear, that's our mentality. We see ourselves as saints, but others as sinners. Looking back on what Kim K did, I can tell you that it wasn't even controversial. What did she do? A sextape and a short marriage. Seriously? That's nothing. I do not like Kim K's product but I respect her hustle. That girl is making bank and I respect her. Nigeria men wouldn't turn her down (despite calling her a who_re) and Nigerian women would kill to take her place. She earned $18 million last year. Na beans?

[size=13pt]Abi o? It's nothing at all. And you know she donates 10% of her annual salary to charity. People paint her worse than what she really is. If people are tired of seeing or hearing her, then change the channel or don't click on the link.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Felixalex(m): 7:09am On Feb 19, 2013
grin

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 19, 2013
manny4life: Entrepreneurship in what exactly my sister? Was it not the tape that shot her to spotlight?

[size=13pt]You know that tape was leaked without her consent right? One company bought the rights to that video from Ray J for $1 million and released it. She filed a lawsuit and settled out of court for $5 million, five times more than what Ray J got, put the issue behind her, and used her money to make more money. Now she's worth over $40 million. That is taking lemons and making lemonade at its peak.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 19, 2013
Kim Kardashian may not be perfect, but she has made her name as a skilled businesswoman.
I'll blame whoever released the infamous tape for invading her privacy

The moral of that episode is that we all should handle our private stuff carefully. There are mischievous people lurking around.
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by ZUBY77(m): 7:10am On Feb 19, 2013
After almost 9 years of operation, thousands of dollars paid in Hosting nairaland, hundreds of thousands raked in ads and over a million members and bots,

We are still celebrating our flagship forum being mentioned on another website. Shame

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by cfours: 7:11am On Feb 19, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]If you don't want your daughter being influenced by who you deem bad, then don't allow her to see it. Madonna's children do not watch television. If she can monitor her children as busy as she is, then no one else has any excuse. If you want your daughter to rise above such stereotypes, then teach and show her otherwise. Remind her of her self-worth. Don't make Kim Kardashian and others your scapegoats.[/size]

For parents with money that can afford to shelter their children from bad influences, yea they don't have to worry about Kim K.
but for majority of parents out there, let them worry. they have every right to worry. In fact, negative media messages are must destructive to children from poor backgrounds and especially blacks!

not every parent is a millionaire like Madonna that can afford to send her child to preppy private school.
imagine your child going to a public school and all her female classmates are talking about Kim K and all she has to say is "i don't watch tv" she will be the butt of laughs. what teenager want to be a social outcast.
if you are a mom working nights. how will you monitor your child to make sure she is not watching tv to try to fit in at school with her friends?

just in case you didn't see it the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR4yQFZK9YM

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by mosquitoNet(m): 7:12am On Feb 19, 2013
ogugua88:

Brazil has high crime rates and is still a tourist/celeb destination. Mexico has high crime rates and is still a tourist/celeb destination. The same can be said about South Africa. Nigeria can use better news. Like I said in the other thread, I'd rather hear about celebrities visiting and hosting events in Nigeria than BH blowing up churches.

As you judge Kim K, I hope you judge Genevieve Nnaji, Tonto Decay, Cossy, Karen Igho, and even the late Goldie. As much as I'd wish people were perfect and led by examples, it will never happen. We are all humans and will make mistakes. That's a fact. Making mistakes does not matter, however. What matters is how someone takes that err as his or her own and continues to head for a brighter tomorrow. I can guarantee you that Genevieve never wished to be a teenage mother, yet she continued to live her life and is one of the best actresses Africa has ever produced. The same can be said about Kim K, who didn't wish for acts she did with her boyfriend to be seen by the world. She put the issue behind her and is a successful businesswoman and brand. I do think that's commendable.[/size]
k
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by OmoEziokwu: 7:12am On Feb 19, 2013
ogugua88:

You have spoken well, but realize that not everyone is discerning enough to see things like you do. For them the fact that Kim Kardashian went to Nigeria is enough for them to want to emulate the negativity (a la sex tape), and not the part where Kim picks herself up from the mess of the past and forges ahead stronger.
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by manny4life(m): 7:13am On Feb 19, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]You know that tape was leaked without her consent right? One company bought the rights to that video for $1 million. She filed a lawsuit and settled out of court for $5 million, put the issue behind her, and used her money to make more money. Now she's worth over $40 million. That is taking lemons and making lemonade at its peak.[/size]

That court stuff was all a charade, played by the book scene.

Bottom line is I don't care about her past, but damn, she's still doing worse more. Anyway, God bless her hustle...
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 19, 2013
c.fours:
For parents with money that can afford to shelter their children from bad influences, yea they don't have to worry about Kim K.
but for majority of parents out there, let them worry. they have every right to worry. In fact, negative media messages are must destructive to children from poor backgrounds and especially blacks!

not every parent is a millionaire like Madonna that can afford to send her child to preppy private school.
imagine your child going to a public school and all her female classmates are talking about Kim K and all she has to say is "i don't watch tv" she will be the butt of laughs. what teenager want to be a social outcast.
if you are a mom working nights. how will you monitor your child to make sure she is not watching tv to try to fit in at school with her friends?

just in case you didn't see it the first time:

[size=13pt]Notice how you used Pink's video. Did you know that she was doing heroin and other recreational drugs as early as age 11? She turned her life around and is now an international pop sensation. Don't tell your kids about her though. Those mistakes in her past have long deemed her unworthy to society.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 19, 2013
OmoEziokwu: You have spoken well, but realize that not everyone is discerning enough to see things like you do. For them the fact that Kim Kardashian went to Nigeria is enough for them to want to emulate the negativity (a la sex tape), and not the part where Kim picks herself up from the mess of the past and forges ahead stronger.

[size=13pt]I doubt the bolded but even if it was true, it would hold true for a select few.

I've noticed that it's older Nigerian men who are concerned with the negativity, rather than women. That's usually how it is. The birth control debate in the US is fought by old men. The abortion issue is fought by old men. Kim K sef has been murdered on NL by men. Rather than worry about outside influences that will ALWAYS remain, we should teach our daughter how to rise above those influences while being the best she can be.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Felixalex(m): 7:22am On Feb 19, 2013
First to comment exists even on yahoonews cheesy

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by jaxxy(m): 7:22am On Feb 19, 2013
Thes reality is that kim is a reality celebs and she gets paid tonnes of money jus 2 do appearances, its her empire, her biz and she manage it quite well, so u guys shud actually get a grip on ur selves,

Aint our local artists singing a bunch of jack, crack and BS and getting paid like stars I won't call names don't worry. winkhear there lyrics and it makes no sense undecided

Fact is kim took a long, straining flight 2 come honor a lowkey show here personally I give her thumbs up, hw much u agreeed 2 pay her is based on ur money power. She goes 2 beta shows in d states and stays probly like 30mins or an 1hours and she's out. Dats wat we call apearance. grin

So pls give this babe a Break!!! Many of u talking have done worse stuff and it didn't get u very far.

Her apperances actually hype sales everywhere so let her keep doing her thing.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 19, 2013
otipoju: Kim kardashian. Kim kardashian, kim kardashian, kim kardashian. Kim kardashian,kim kardashian, kim kardashian. As I am pronouncing ur name, I am checking to see if the money in my account is increasing... After seven tries, it is not. I guess ur prescence in Nigeria is of no use to me then. Safe journey. Cheers.

Nah very short girl. She turned me off.

My battery don flat.
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 19, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bovi & Son In Camouflage (Picture) / Ufedo Sunshine Shows Biking Skills On The Streets Of Munich Germany (photos) / #10yearschallenge ; Kcee Shares Hilarious Throwback Photo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.