Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,418 members, 7,901,171 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 04:00 AM

Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) (35741 Views)

10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents / Maid Who Savagely Beat Ugandan Toddler To Face Attempted Murder Charge / 9 Children Raised by Animals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Adanyebe(m): 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2013
It is believed that his parents were killed in 1982 during the war and the boy was abandoned in the forest. He was believed to be about three years old when he was left alone and lived in the wild for another three years.

As the soldiers roamed about the bushes, they spotted what looked unmistakably like a human being among the monkeys. They had to disperse the monkeys in order to rescue the boy, but it was a struggle because the monkeys put up a fight.
One adult female monkey held Mayanja tightly to her bosom in an attempt to protect him
[img]http://www.newvision.co.ug/newvision_cms/newsimages/image/monk3.jpg[/img]

Mayanja has learnt rudimentary life skills like toilet manners. He knows when it is time for toilet and does not soil himself. He walks to the toilet door and waits for someone to help him. He likes sunbathing and staying in isolation and sometimes makes monkey-like sounds.
[img]http://www.newvision.co.ug/newvision_cms/newsimages/image/monk2.jpg[/img]

When he was found, he could not sit or stand, but only squat and jump. He neither smiled nor talked, but made jungle noises, which quickly got him a new name — Monkey Boy.

In the beginning, it was a struggle to take him through the bathroom procedure, but now it is his favourite activity. Though he cannot dress himself, he voluntarily lifts his legs in turn to wear trousers and stretches out his hands for the shirt.

He does not know where to keep his clothes, though.

http://www.newvision.co.ug/news/639913-raised-by-monkeys-strugging-to-be-human.html
http://naijafreakynews..com/2013/02/ugandan-boy-raised-by-monkeys-tries-to.html
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
y is the wole family looking like they were brought up by same monkey lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

51 Likes

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by blank(f): 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
He was taken to a home for the mentally challenged. His family is dead.

4 Likes

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Adanyebe(m): 4:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
greateros: y is the wole family looking like they were brought up by same monkey lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
LOL Maybe the dude gave them a "monkeybite" shortly before they took the snapshot

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by kuzzieOtiz: 5:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
Very strange. shocked
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by azpekuliar: 7:23pm On Feb 21, 2013
Nkan nbe..

2 Likes

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by dominique(f): 7:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
African Mowgli cheesy

greateros: y is the wole family looking like they were brought up by same monkey lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Guy you wikedt o grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by movein: 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2013
So "Jungle Boy" is Real

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
so Tarzan de real life. I no know oo lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by AngelEbi(f): 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
Tarzan

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Oahray: 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
ME : Wow! Mowgli/Tarzan come alive shocked shocked shocked Wait, what if there is a real Shrek somewhere?

BANCE : *frowning* What are you driving at? angry

27 Likes

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
Real life Tarzan grin
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by buoye1(m): 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2013
Next
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2013
were le le yii o
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
. Tarzan ni__buh i dey very sure say this thing na wash

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by bigx(m): 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2013

LMAO!!!!!
Exactly what I wanted to say!!

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Koikoi(m): 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
What was the cause of the war? This goes to show that sometimes animals are more reasonable than humans!

7 Likes

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by alkadriyar(m): 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
I first read about him in 1998 whn he was rescued
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Lordwolfs: 9:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
Tanzan oh my Tanzan.. Lol that make me remember the indian movie.. Then i thought Tanzan would be in Tanzania and not Uganda.

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by 190: 9:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
He looks like sexkillz

10 Likes

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by oderemo(m): 9:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
y is the wole family looking like they were brought up by same monkey
what exactly is wrong with ppl lyk u, passing judgement on ppl u hadly know and their abilities or otherwise,
imagine that was said abt your family u will still be smilling?
cant say anything better just keep mute. thats all.

20 Likes

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by obi123: 9:21pm On Feb 21, 2013

when i saw that family picture,i asked myself i thought they said it was only him that was raised by the monkeys , i had to re-read the article , then i saw your comment, i said ok no be only me dey think along those lines. na wa oh things dey happen .
we thank God he has been rescued, with further rehabilitation he will be fine

2 Likes

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by 190: 9:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
Koikoi: What was the cause of the war? This goes to show that sometimes animals are more reasonable than humans!

E.G atiku or IBB grin
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
Ihe neme! Wonders will never cease
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
A good example of FERAL CHILD. Those who studied sociology would have read about incidences like this. In short, deprivation of early/childhood human contacts/interaction leads to abnornal behaviour. Other examples are
*.Kamala and Amala
*.Wild Peter
*.The Bear Girl
*.The Leorpard Boy
*.Prava, the bird boy
*.Oxana
*.Shamdeo
*.John Ssebunya
*.Wild Girl of Champagne
*.The Syrian Gazella Boy
*.Anie
etc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by tejpot(m): 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
Does he eat bananas with manner?
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Dreyl(m): 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
Jungle boy
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by FXKing2012(m): 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
This guy reminds me of @Bluetooth.

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Francheezy(m): 9:29pm On Feb 21, 2013
diz is x0 x0 funny..una n0 g0 kil me wit laf 0oh
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Temismith(f): 9:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
I dont know wat to say, but i just av to comment. Dats y am commenting. grin

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by apiki: 9:45pm On Feb 21, 2013
hahahahahahaha. My belly o
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by DMainMan: 9:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mönkey saved his life yet some mothers will bury their children alive. Animals are more kind-hearted dan humans.

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Banker Who "Sliced" Husband’s joystick & Husband Reconcile[photos] / Couple's Egyptian Themed Maternity Shoot Goes Viral / Howard Sueing III Ekundayo: American Man Adopts Nigerian Wife’s Surname

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.