Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,730 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:51 AM

Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) (35716 Views)

10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents / Maid Who Savagely Beat Ugandan Toddler To Face Attempted Murder Charge / 9 Children Raised by Animals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Ejine(m): 8:53am On Feb 22, 2013
huni_naija: This story has just proven that anything is possible in africa!

Wouldn't be surprised if all them disney cartoon films where based on real life african stories i.e. "the jungle book" a young boy raised in the jungle

Still waiting for the african version of "puss in boots" from shrek, i'm sure there's a village somewhere of such phenomenon... May God hammercy!

Actually, Jungle Book is based in India.

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by ANYPEN(m): 8:57am On Feb 22, 2013
greateros: y is the wole family looking like they were brought up by same monkey lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

do you read at all? these are people that just glance through the captions and go for pictures. if an article don't have pictures then it is not worth reading. mumu!
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 22, 2013
tchidi:

Young man, I know u've never left dat small kauye in cameroon that u were birthed, and u probably can't read. Cos u've been posting rubbish for a while now.
Where did you read about Nigeria in that write up? angry angry angry
in English please
BTw I don't know , and I have never engaged you before. You must b a real stalker to know that I have been posting rubbish for a while. Is it what you come do here? Calm down, I have enough tears for you and naija. I weep for tchidi and naija,happy now?
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Oahray: 9:21am On Feb 22, 2013
Ejiné:
Actually, Jungle Book is based in India.
You mean the setting of the story?
Try to understand someone's point before rushing to show off knowledge angry

The setting of a fable does not have to be the same as the real place where the event (real or imagined, on which the story is based) happened.

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 22, 2013
190:

E.G atiku or IBB grin

Ya fada
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 22, 2013
razznaija:

WTF did you post that S#!t for?
your moniker says everything undecided
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by 190: 9:56am On Feb 22, 2013
REALITY101:

Ya fada

your left ballz
idi-o-t grin grin
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Fantacy1(m): 10:16am On Feb 22, 2013
Silent mode activated
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by joshuaidibia(m): 12:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
Obasanjo must b among dos in d pix. I bet he must b frm dat monkey family!
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by touchmehard: 2:18pm On Feb 22, 2013
Sometimes I just wonder how old some Nairalanders are, judging by their comments. No brains, no reasoning. So sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
Oahray: You mean the setting of the story?

The setting of a fable does not have to be the same as the real place where the event (real or imagined, on which the story is based) happened.

its all based in India. even the names of the animals, type of animals, storyline etc.

there are many forest dwelling tribes in India, especially the Central regions.
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Ejine(m): 3:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
Oahray: You mean the setting of the story?

Okay, sorry sir.
I just wanted to clarify that because I always knew of the story as a child (I had the book) before I saw the movie.
With tigers being exclusively Asian...
And the story taking place in the rain forest of Maharatsarabasha-something-something.

Make una no vex oh, biko kwa.
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Oahray: 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

its all based in India. even the names of the animals, type of animals, storyline etc.

there are many forest dwelling tribes in India, especially the Central regions.
she didn't say it was set in Africa. Get it right. I could base my story on something that happened in South Africa but give it a Nigerian setting.

She only hinted that other cartoons could actually have real life parallels in Africa just as this one looks like the Mowgli story.

Why other people point dey hard una to understand like this?

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Ejine(m): 3:30pm On Feb 22, 2013
Some info on some Disney cartoons and the countries the stories took place in:

Jungle Book - India
The Lion King - Tanzania
Finding Nemo - Australia
The Sword and The Stone - England (obviously!)
The Emperor's New Groove - Mexico
Brother Bear - Alaska (USA)
Lilo and Stitch - Hawaii (USA)
Peter Pan - The Bahamas
The Hunchback of Notre Damme - France
Hercules - Greece
Aladdin - Saudi Arabia
101 Dalmatians - England
Lady and the Tramp - England

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Ejine(m): 3:30pm On Feb 22, 2013
Oahray: she didn't say it was set in Africa. Get it right. I could base my story on something that happened in South Africa but give it a Nigerian setting.

She only hinted that other cartoons could actually have real life parallels in Africa just as this one looks like the Mowgli story.

Okay, chillaaaaaxxxxxxx
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Oahray: 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: in English please
BTw I don't know , and I have never engaged you before. You must b a real stalker to know that I have been posting rubbish for a while. Is it what you come do here? Calm down, I have enough tears for you and naija. I weep for tchidi and naija,happy now?
Don't talk to my sister like that jare angry She's right and you know it. You are not baka, be tall enough admit when you are wrong tongue

Teasing Nigeria all the time like you do smells like obsession, and it would not help your small Cameroon overtake Nigeria as the giant of Africa. Taking correction would not change the price of groundnut in your area either.

So chillax, eat some groundnut soup and apologise to tchidi.
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Oahray: 3:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ejiné:

Okay, chillaaaaaxxxxxxx
That was for Pagan 9ja not you tongue
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Ejine(m): 3:36pm On Feb 22, 2013
Oahray: That was for Pagan 9ja not you tongue

I know, bro tongue
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by dont8(m): 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2013
I thouht he's from your village cheesy
Oahray: hehehe... No. He is from your village tongue
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2013
Oahray: Don't talk to my sister like that jare angry She's right and you know it. You are not baka, be tall enough admit when you are wrong tongue

Teasing Nigeria all the time like you do smells like obsession, and it would not help your small Cameroon overtake Nigeria as the giant of Africa. Taking correction would not change the price of groundnut in your area either.

So chillax, eat some groundnut soup and apologise to tchidi.
sharrap. Which kind of giant of Africa. What I said is not false ,I don't know her.sheii so weeping is now obsession abeg free me.
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Nwaksjoey(m): 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
let them bring to Nigeria, Ota farm presicely, cos he get a play mate
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by afangide(m): 4:13pm On Feb 22, 2013
Adanyebe: It is believed that his parents were killed in 1982 during the war and the boy was abandoned in the forest. He was believed to be about three years old when he was left alone and lived in the wild for another three years.

As the soldiers roamed about the bushes, they spotted what looked unmistakably like a human being among the monkeys. They had to disperse the monkeys in order to rescue the boy, but it was a struggle because the monkeys put up a fight.
One adult female monkey held Mayanja tightly to her bosom in an attempt to protect him
[img]http://www.newvision.co.ug/newvision_cms/newsimages/image/monk3.jpg[/img]

Mayanja has learnt rudimentary life skills like toilet manners. He knows when it is time for toilet and does not soil himself. He walks to the toilet door and waits for someone to help him. He likes sunbathing and staying in isolation and sometimes makes monkey-like sounds.
[img]http://www.newvision.co.ug/newvision_cms/newsimages/image/monk2.jpg[/img]

When he was found, he could not sit or stand, but only squat and jump. He neither smiled nor talked, but made jungle noises, which quickly got him a new name — Monkey Boy.

In the beginning, it was a struggle to take him through the bathroom procedure, but now it is his favourite activity. Though he cannot dress himself, he voluntarily lifts his legs in turn to wear trousers and stretches out his hands for the shirt.

He does not know where to keep his clothes, though.

http://www.newvision.co.ug/news/639913-raised-by-monkeys-strugging-to-be-human.html
http://naijafreakynews..com/2013/02/ugandan-boy-raised-by-monkeys-tries-to.html
This guy should be more than 6yrs old
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Oahray: 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: sharrap. Which kind of giant of Africa. What I said is not false ,I don't know her.sheii so weeping is now obsession abeg free me.
I go soon break that your small groundnut head angry

What you said might not be false (you have excess tears, so you are free to spill some out of jealousy), but it's silly.

Better apologize now. You know if Nigeria sneezes, the whole of Africa catches cold cool
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by afangide(m): 4:50pm On Feb 22, 2013
Adanyebe: It is believed that his parents were killed in 1982 during the war and the boy was abandoned in the forest. He was believed to be about three years old when he was left alone and lived in the wild for another three years.

As the soldiers roamed about the bushes, they spotted what looked unmistakably like a human being among the monkeys. They had to disperse the monkeys in order to rescue the boy, but it was a struggle because the monkeys put up a fight.
One adult female monkey held Mayanja tightly to her bosom in an attempt to protect him
[img]http://www.newvision.co.ug/newvision_cms/newsimages/image/monk3.jpg[/img]

Mayanja has learnt rudimentary life skills like toilet manners. He knows when it is time for toilet and does not soil himself. He walks to the toilet door and waits for someone to help him. He likes sunbathing and staying in isolation and sometimes makes monkey-like sounds.
[img]http://www.newvision.co.ug/newvision_cms/newsimages/image/monk2.jpg[/img]

When he was found, he could not sit or stand, but only squat and jump. He neither smiled nor talked, but made jungle noises, which quickly got him a new name — Monkey Boy.

In the beginning, it was a struggle to take him through the bathroom procedure, but now it is his favourite activity. Though he cannot dress himself, he voluntarily lifts his legs in turn to wear trousers and stretches out his hands for the shirt.

He does not know where to keep his clothes, though.

http://www.newvision.co.ug/news/639913-raised-by-monkeys-strugging-to-be-human.html
http://naijafreakynews..com/2013/02/ugandan-boy-raised-by-monkeys-tries-to.html
This guy should be more than 6yrs old
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:56pm On Feb 22, 2013
Oahray: she didn't say it was set in Africa. Get it right. I could base my story on something that happened in South Africa but give it a Nigerian setting.

dude it has nothing to do with Africa. you are speaking with someone who swim in litearture. show some respect! angry

Africa is not the only place with forest dwelling tribes. you dont finiding monkeys living in temples in Africa.

if you are talking about parallels to Africa in Mowgli, pray explain to me these parallels .
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Oahray: 5:39pm On Feb 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

dude it has nothing to do with Africa. you are speaking with someone who swim in litearture. show some respect! angry

Africa is not the only place with forest dwelling tribes. you dont finiding monkeys living in temples in Africa.

if you are talking about parallels to Africa in Mowgli, pray explain to me these parallels .
Geez! This dude is dense. This thread is about something that happened in Africa, dammit!

She simply related it to the Mowgli story and wondered if some other Disney stories could find a bit of reality in Africa just as this one did (a child growing up with animals in the wild). Did you even bother reading the post that caused the controversy?

Making noise about swimming in literature is what empty vessels do. If you still keep arguing after this, I'd not bother replying. A smart person has gotten the point already.

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by dnawah(m): 6:25pm On Feb 22, 2013
Another tanzan
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:07pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ejiné: Some info on some Disney cartoons and the countries the stories took place in:

Jungle Book - India
The Lion King - Tanzania
Finding Nemo - Australia
The Sword and The Stone - England (obviously!)
The Emperor's New Groove - Mexico
Brother Bear - Alaska (USA)
Lilo and Stitch - Hawaii (USA)
Peter Pan - The Bahamas
The Hunchback of Notre Damme - France
Hercules - Greece
Aladdin - Saudi Arabia
101 Dalmatians - England
Lady and the Tramp - England

Aladdin = Iraq , Baghdad during the caliphate.
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:08pm On Feb 22, 2013
Oahray: Geez! This dude is dense. This thread is about something that happened in Africa, dammit!

She simply related it to the Mowgli story and wondered if some other Disney stories could find a bit of reality in Africa just as this one did (a child growing up with animals in the wild). Did you even bother reading the post that caused the controversy?

Making noise about swimming in literature is what empty vessels do. If you still keep arguing after this, I'd not bother replying. A smart person has gotten the point already.

shut up.
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by damas11111(m): 3:47am On Feb 23, 2013
daroz: I dont get the story right. The parents died in 1982, when he was about 3years old(meaning he was born around 1979). He only spent another 3years with the monkeys, meaning he was discovered at about when he was 6years old. Now he is 34years, 28years after leaving the Forest, yet he is still trying to adapt, when he only spent 3years of his 34years of existence in the forest with monkeys,and spending the rest 31 with humans? This one na lie, i no believe.

Many of the growth and developmental processes in human are irreversible (cannot be reversed)! And that explains why some diseases are not curable as well!
Re: Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
i just saw similar cases of children that were raised by animals. A Nigerian boy was also raised by chimps in kano state. check it out http://www.figureout.com.ng/5-cases-children-raised-animals/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Banker Who "Sliced" Husband’s joystick & Husband Reconcile[photos] / Howard Sueing III Ekundayo: American Man Adopts Nigerian Wife’s Surname / Couple's Egyptian Themed Maternity Shoot Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.