Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,746 members, 7,915,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 04:08 PM

Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria (13711 Views)

Idahosa Who Killed Ibrahim Momodu, Sentenced To Life Imprisonment / Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps / Oil Marketer’s Imprisonment In Saudi Shocks Colleagues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by solomon111(m): 11:12am On Feb 23, 2013
valicious1:
You are the only one that sees Nigeria as a superpower, these western countries view Nigeria in the same way they view togo, ghana etc. In terms of whether they can afford to lose Nigeria, yes they can cos so many alternate countries abound all over the globe.
Acually,you are right in a way.
Militarily,we are more like togo to them,but in terms of influence in africa,we matter.
Nigeria is a major decider of who benefit what,from the vast african resources through the organ of the ECOWAS and also through the A.U.
The only nation who can boast of such influence in Africa is southafrica.
Do you think ghadaffi would have been killed if Nigeria hadn't agreed to it?
Hell No!!
2)There are no viable alternatives elsewhere.
Africa is the richest continent.
The only alternative is Asia/ME,which we all know is unstable.
Have you ever wondered why china and the west are in 'cold war' over Africa?
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by Rayprofessor: 11:12am On Feb 23, 2013
Weda they are foreigners or not dey don break the law bi say dey don breakam and must face the music
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by Psylas(m): 11:15am On Feb 23, 2013
Life imprisonment? Dats d best way to release them because when dey will release them nobody wil knw
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by talktimi(m): 11:34am On Feb 23, 2013
"The arms that were bought in compliance with the official contracts which was confirmed by relevant licenses were on board the ship. Nigeria’s Navy was informed about the reasons for the ship’s calling at the port as well as about the cargo. "

This an open and shut case escalated by a slight misunderstanding or the Nigerian security officials trying to be mischievious. The sailors should be released and apologised to instead of all this unnecessary drama. Nobody is talking about the Iranins who brought in container loads of assorted weapons hidden in ceramic tiles again. Why did our security operatives have to wait 3 wks to declare the arms illegal ? There's something fishy in this tale in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by zees(f): 11:37am On Feb 23, 2013
Hmm

Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 11:42am On Feb 23, 2013
eduson33: i dont know why some nairalanders are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo silly..

if those guys are found guilty;;lock them up and throw the key inside river niger:let russia do their worst..

taaa gba fuo,
who send you?Russia ni..

pikin
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by CeCeBillz(f): 11:43am On Feb 23, 2013
Ok

Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by cigaricon(m): 11:44am On Feb 23, 2013
Wait! You guys spewing trash, I mean does every misunderstanding lead to War?
You guys saying they should be released oya try and smuggle a catapult into Russia and see if you won't face jail terms
Do you know the weigh of crime it is trying to smuggle arms into a country? Tell me which nation will tollerate that?
Kai and russia will eventualy send drones to bomb Nigeria cos its citizens are serving jail terms in it? SMH like say na dem be the first people wey dem imprison in a foreign country abi?
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 11:50am On Feb 23, 2013
solomon111: There is nothing russia can do except to withdraw support for Nigeria.
But then,i don't think russia wants to be at enmity with an African superpower like Nigeria,even america can't afford it.

all these SS3 students nawaaa

1 Like

Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by francis4real(m): 11:53am On Feb 23, 2013
sometimes I tried to imaging the kind of creature we Nigerians are, it also berfulse me. hw can some set of people bring in firearms into a country illegally & what u guys can say is Russia will engage war with us. did u just think Russia will engage war with any country without UN knowing about it? now GEJ is working u guys is against him, if is not u will also condemns him. God will forgive us in this Country.
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by calcal: 11:54am On Feb 23, 2013
3. Burkina Faso

Misery index score: 81.5
CPI inflation: 4.5%
Unemployment: 77%
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by mjconcept(m): 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
olas2u:

Can you really compare the 2 countries in terms of military and intelligence they have about Nigeria.
So we should fear them abi? That nonsense,I think its time we show those white d!ckhead that this is 21st century.
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 12:04pm On Feb 23, 2013
solomon111: Acually,you are right in a way.
Militarily,we are more like togo to them,but in terms of influence in africa,we matter.
Nigeria is a major decider of who benefit what,from the vast african resources through the organ of the ECOWAS and also through the A.U.
The only nation who can boast of such influence in Africa is southafrica.
Do you think ghadaffi would have been killed if Nigeria hadn't agreed to it?
Hell No!!
2)There are no viable alternatives elsewhere.
Africa is the richest continent.
The only alternative is Asia/ME,which we all know is unstable.
Have you ever wondered why china and the west are in 'cold war' over Africa?

it doesnt pay to be ignorant

1 Like

Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by Onyocha: 12:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
Russia is not Iran,where Nigeria can sieze its containers of weapons in transit in Lagos, destined for another west african country because of american/israeli pressure and diplomatic games.Russia is not Iran where the SSS, through some local action congress politicians in ilorin can frame a rival politician who happens to be a Shi'ite Muslim and accuse him of "spying for Iran" and give israel's intelligence war over iran a boost.

Russia stood with Syria and its president,Bashar al assad,and the West can't repeat the libya scenario in Syria.

Nigeria may need Russia in many fields.and cooperation with both Russia and China is essential to break Western hegemony over Nigeria.our government should not let western influence dictate Nigeria's foreign policy and how we interact with countries hated by the west or viewed as western rivals.

From the report I read,the sailors had licences for their arms and they also informed the Nigeria Navy of their entrance.I hope its not some bribe seeking officials that want to lead us into a mess we are not prepared for.

2 Likes

Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by vislabraye(m): 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
mankand: Laughing in chinese...... GEJ us your instincts do not be a puppet to USA because they are headong for doom. Do what is right.

We all know obama and his bitches is manipulating you and will abandon you to face the music at the end just loe how he did to sarkozy

Just hear yourself. If GEJ had released them, you would be the same person to say he's a weakling. There's nothing he can do to please you.

1 Like

Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by cigaricon(m): 12:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
calcal:
3. Burkina Faso

Misery index score: 81.5
CPI inflation: 4.5%
Unemployment: 77%
And where did you sprout from?
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 12:12pm On Feb 23, 2013
Onyocha: Russia is not Iran,where Nigeria can cease its containers destined for another west african country because of american/israeli pressure and diplomatic games.Russia is not Iran where the SSS, through some local action congress politicians in ilorin can frame a rival politician who happens to be a Shi'ite Muslim and accuse him of "spying for Iran" and give israel's intelligence war over iran a boost.

Russia stood with Syria and its president,Bashar al assad,and the West can't repeat the libya scenario in Syria.

Nigeria may need Russia in many fields.and cooperation with both Russia and China is essential to break Western hegemony over Nigeria.our government should not let western influence dictate Nigeria's foreign policy and how we interact with countries hated by the west or viewed as western rivals.

From the report I read,the sailors had licences for their arms and they also informed the Nigeria Navy of their entrance.I hope its not some bribe seeking officials that want to lead us into a mess we are not prepared for.

please educate them, little wonder Uni Abuja was closed indefinitely.
our education has fallen to an abysmal level.
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by HisMajesty1(m): 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2013
RuuDie:

If the Navy, local agent and port authorities have already been informed prior to their berthing. . .why allege that they crossed into Nigeria illegally

Unlike the rest, your comment showed you read the article well. The NN perhaps just wanted to show they are 'efficiently' protecting Nigeria's territorial waters, if not as reported they informed the NN of their presence! Make them release them joor!

2 Likes

Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by honeypiegirl(f): 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2013
olas2u: Nigerian students in Russia becareful
:>
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by Bluemosquito(m): 12:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
Oboy! Its like nigeria is beggining to gather musles like giants oh! Imagine Nigeria challanging Iran on account of espionage, and now russia for illegal arms deal . . . And these are two strong headed countries even some europeans are afraid of . . . . Naija i hail thee! Geting to giants of africa

1 Like

Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by lacicrips(m): 12:41pm On Feb 23, 2013
My sense of humour is a bit rusty, I just don't get the joke. What's with all the responses? If these men are found guilty, they should be punished accordingly. I can't imagine what Russia would have done if it was the other way round. C'mn people, this is serious...like very serious.
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by lovetterrison(m): 12:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
chiover: If the. Case lead to war mek una call me I dey ready to fight against rusia. rite now I won begin training on how to lunch misile wey go finish rusia sharp sharp. I dey vex mek nobody no even try say mek I no fight rusia o.
guy abeg o my girlfrnd na russian which way..God
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by rabdeluxe(m): 1:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
Naija trying to make frontpage for it citizen... Realease the Russian when you publish...lol
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by Raxxye(m): 1:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
olas2u:

I am 100% sure and can tell you ,they will go free.Nigeria cannot bark and cannot bite.Nigeria is making noise

Don't be silly, my friend. Detaining them since October and denying them bail is already a lot more than barking. The case is in court. It's up to their lawyers to defend them and convince the judge to release them, otherwise they just may get jailed even if it's not for life. Ur post got me angry, and I suspect u are either Ghanaian or South African (since these are the two countries who foolishly think they're in a competition with Nigeria) and I'm sure your God-forsaken country wouldn't do better.

3 Likes

Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by Originalsly: 1:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
Did most people read the report?... or read and don't understand? If the ship was cleared and had all the necessary documents why was the crew detained? ...and only after being in port for 3 weeks? If they were smuggling weapons why were the weapons still on board after 3 weeks? When a ship dock at a port do you think it's free parking or cheap parking? Why didn't the authorities deny them entry? How exactly did the crew disrespected Nigeria laws? Nigerians...open tour eyes. The level of ignorance and lack of foresight displayed in most of the comments tell me that the citizens can easily be manipulated and eventually dominated and wouldn't even know. Nigeria is being a puppet to the US period. This is part of the plan to dominate Africa by letting Nigerians see Russia, China and Iran as enemies. FYI....US is already in Niger....100 000 troops to be stationed there and are in the process of establishing a Drone base there....they are in Mali....all this as you would believe...to get the terrorists...and many do believe this. Wake up before it's too late.

1 Like

Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
peleson: Naija is balling . F.uck those russians. GEJ is gonna show them how diplomatically sound he is! Who is talking about war here? At the end, they will be released but more respected will be accorded to nigeria by the west n other African countries will marvel at our gut thereby increasing our rep in the committee of nations. All will be well at last .
Russian they are more than wicked.2morrow they will say nigeria this nigeria that. Is this westerners that are bringing Arms into this country.Boko H, ca. not manuf,gun or rebel,kidnappers they are buying all this Arms from westerners ilegarly.let face life imprisonment, later after 5years nigeria gov,and russian can sign agreement for exchange of prisoners.that is some nigerians held will come back and complect their sentance here and d russians samething too..
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bluemosquito: Oboy! Its like nigeria is beggining to gather musles like giants oh! Imagine Nigeria challanging Iran on account of espionage, and now russia for illegal arms deal . . . And these are two strong headed countries even some europeans are afraid of . . . . Naija i hail thee! Geting to giants of africa
And so what? why don,t u leave the only plot of land ur father or grandfather left for u, for that big man in ur village because he has money money and power more than u? Azu Amu.
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2013
mjconcept:
So we should fear them abi? That nonsense,I think its time we show those white d!ckhead that this is 21st century.
Gbam
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by pazienza(m): 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
generalMod:
Meaning what? No nation has the right to trample on one another. Russian may be powerful militarily, but Nigeria can give them a hard nut to crack. I wouldn't mind joining the military if it happens, though I'm not praying for such.
Do you know how many Nigerians that are on the death roll in other countries? Now this one man should be exchange for the release of many Nigerians in the Russian prison. God bless the FRN.

Nigeria is a joke,she cannot afford to engage in a serious warfare with an external enemy,doing such will lead to her disintegration,for while you lots will be busy fighting off the external enemy,an igboman like me will be looking for a way to undermine your efforts,ensure your defeat,and establish republic of igboland.

So,guy forget it. Nigeria cannot withstand an external enemy,those at the helm of affairs know this,just watch and see how those russians will be released,you won't even hear about it.
Re: Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
Raxxye:

Don't be silly, my friend. Detaining them since October and denying them bail is already a lot more than barking. The case is in court. It's up to their lawyers to defend them and convince the judge to release them, otherwise they just may get jailed even if it's not for life. Ur post got me angry, and I suspect u are either Ghanaian or South African, and I'm sure your God-forsaken country wouldn't do better.

lol!They will never be jailed for life .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari's Historic USA Visit Watch - Live Thread / NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian / Vote Out Any Governor Against N30,000 As Minimum Wage, NLC Tells Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.