Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,106 members, 7,931,765 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 12:10 PM

Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old (27333 Views)

Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo / Mum Still Thinks I'm A Virgin / She Slaps Me Anytime We Fight —husband Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by msay: 5:25pm On Feb 25, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]Staciey are you a learner.....

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by robinicule(m): 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2013
its simple ur mom is a temperamental person.....she gets angry in a matter of seconds.....i know people alot with dah kind of attitude
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by YorubaOmoge: 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2013
CeCe Billz: To me nobody is above slapping as long as dey r ur parent period!!!

So it's okay for your mother to slap those acne off your face in front of your husband and children?

Ah okay.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2013
suggary: @ poster I think u have to look for a way to stop it if not it would end up like my gist.I am 31 and stay with my parents .I make my own money and not a liabilty in any way cos I make my own money and even train my younger one in school..on vals day I was locked outside the house cos I came 10 o clock.I just blanked and didn't complain.the next day I came home 9 and my mum was angry calling me names like LovePeddler and stuff like that. I got angry and told her not to call me names but correct me as her child cos I deserve some respect too.the next tin was dat my dad brought out a belt and was flogging me all over cos I replied my mum. I was too hurt to cry.he even threw my bag out and told me to return from were I was coming from dat night.
I felt really heartbroken cos I have never given them headache or stress of any sort.I stayed in a hotel for a week,later got my own apartment and moved.
Now they have been sending poeple,apologising on phone and even blaming the devil for what happened happened.
Sorry for the long gist but don't want u to go thru what I went thru,NIP IT AT THE BUD NOW before it becomes too bad like mine was.
. hmmmm, u stayed in a hotel b4 getting ur own huz?? U must hav practiced this style at the hotel

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ocheejemb: 5:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
This might be bad advice in the sense of the word, but you need to go apeshit on her next time she tries it. Like freak out like theres no tomorrow, but also try to draw a line though. Slapping you for cold coffee is unacceptable at your age,
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by fpeter(f): 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
"On the other hand,maybe she is channeling her reserved anger for ur dad through you,,,,just guessing[/quote]" i believe strongly in this post..@ OP make out time to have a matured heart to heart conversation with your mum, find out what went wrong between her and your dad, apologise for any wrongs done to her in the past also make her understand that you love her and you would never disappoint her or go out of line, let her know you appreciate her efforts and the fact that she has catered to all your needs alone, then watch her reaction,study her mood and body language before you continue. Ask her if there's anything you're not doing right that she would like you to amend then when she's done talking you politely draw her attention to your situation. Trust me most single mum's act that way because of bottled up anger and frustrations from their past since you're the product of her failed liaison with your dad and she cannot pour her frustrations on him so you are the closest she can vent on.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
@Op this may seem out of place. Some years back I realized that there are people that easily slap someone. No matter how trivial the issue at hand may be. There is a name they call it in my local dialect which I can remember. Back then my elder sis at the slightest provocation will let go off slap at anyone, it got to a point it was embarrassing even to her. My mum had to sit her down and caution her to put a stop to that before she slaps off her children's head. The thing is that I think your mum is found of slapping you right from when you were a kid as the slightest provocation. In most cases at your age she does it even without thinking, so you threatening to move out or even moving out will not change it. Don't be surprised if she slaps you at 50 grin grin

Like most people suggested I think you should talk to her and let her make conscious effort to stop it. Otherwise the slapping spree will continue. Don't loos it, hold it together and remain the good child you said you are.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by crackhouse(m): 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
my dear, maybe the problem is that, you always show her that you can't do without her in one way or the other. i think it's time to let her know that you can fight for yourself if you happen to leave her, let her understand that you can carter for yourself. you can do that by saying "NO" whenever she offer to take you out, do that and let's see how it goes. i tell ya, she will be disturbed and will want to know why you rejected her offer and this will also give you the room to bitterly complain to her about her attitude. who knows, maybe that one will go deep down into her brain.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by pastie(m): 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by crackhaus: 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2013
Lady poster, the only way your mom would stop slapping you is if you force her hand. You have to stand up to her the next time she tries to slap you. Maybe move out for a couple weeks as her punishment, she's bound to stop someday anyhow
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by YorubaOmoge: 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2013
crackhaus: Lady poster, the only way your mom would stop slapping you is if you force her hand. You have to stand up to her the next time she tries to slap you. Maybe [size=18pt]move out for a couple weeks[/size] as her punishment, she's bound to stop someday anyhow

Move out to where?

Will you offer her shelter?
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by yuzedo: 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
If na me, no be only slap i go give you... I go give you smack-down join!! angry angry

.. Aunty abeg enjoy the slaps now. You will miss her when she is but a memory. A least you know she loves you, and does it as a loving, corrective measure.
Maybe she goes overboard sometimes, but hey, when you start proving yourself an adult, you will be treated like one.

Don't listen to that stoooooopid person that said you need boyfriend to make the slaps stop. Depend on your mother for money, NOT ON BOYS! angry

............. Anyway, that's not why i'm even here. undecided I want to pay ya bride-price so you can move out of your mom's house and the bïtch-slapping of yo ãss can stop. tongue
So wuz yo numba? wink grin :

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ba7man(m): 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
When next your mum slaps you, retaliate with this "special move".....

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by usayab(m): 5:34pm On Feb 25, 2013
I no knw 4 una own o. Bt 4 my own, my mum has biological ryt 2 slap me even at age of 88. She go even ask me 2 do frogjump in addition.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Truckpusher(m): 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2013
msay: [color=#770077][/color]Staciey are you a learner.....
grin grin grin
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Kaysalas(m): 5:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
staicey: I no longer find this funny whenever it happens.

Hello? I just clocked 23 some weeks back and only for mum to slap me 2days back because i didnt make her coffee hot enough to her satisfaction. Wtf? angry
My mum loves slapping me around and this annoys me. Not that she doesnt love me because she still buys me stuffs and takes me out and for the fact that am the only issue, well...you know the rest wink but this case of slappings, i dont like. I've told her several times and after moments of apologies tendered from her, she's doing it the next minute sad sad

please, y'all whether singles or married, tell me if this sh-it is normal because am already loosing a hold of myself. I dont like this one bit angry

I might just move in with my dad or sue her!! angry
very funny.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by chucksbadt(m): 5:37pm On Feb 25, 2013
msay: [color=#770077][/color]Staciey are you a learner.....
dis simply answers ur question
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Philolos: 5:37pm On Feb 25, 2013
staicey: I no longer find this funny whenever it happens.

Hello? I just clocked 23 some weeks back and only for mum to slap me 2days back because i didnt make her coffee hot enough to her satisfaction. Wtf? angry
My mum loves slapping me around and this annoys me. Not that she doesnt love me because she still buys me stuffs and takes me out and for the fact that am the only issue, well...you know the rest wink but this case of slappings, i dont like. I've told her several times and after moments of apologies tendered from her, she's doing it the next minute sad sad

please, y'all whether singles or married, tell me if this sh-it is normal because am already loosing a hold of myself. I dont like this one bit angry

I might just move in with my dad or sue her!! angry

It's not right and is a form of abuse. My fear for you is for you not to end up in an abusive relationship, because you have been conditioned to such physical form of abuse growing up. Needless to say, that what you are currently enduring is not normal. Your mom may also need help. Perhaps she really feels like slapping your dad that is no longer in her life and you may remind her daily of him and therefore takes it out on you. It's time you discuss this with your mom and be prepared to do away with her financial support...
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by yuzedo: 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
suggary: @ poster I think u have to look for a way to stop it if not it would end up like my gist.I am 31 and stay with my parents .I make my own money and not a liabilty in any way cos I make my own money and even train my younger one in school..on vals day I was locked outside the house cos I came 10 o clock.I just blanked and didn't complain.the next day I came home 9 and my mum was angry calling me names like LovePeddler and stuff like that. I got angry and told her not to call me names but correct me as her child cos I deserve some respect too.the next tin was dat my dad brought out a belt and was flogging me all over cos I replied my mum. I was too hurt to cry.he even threw my bag out and told me to return from were I was coming from dat night.
I felt really heartbroken cos I have never given them headache or stress of any sort.I stayed in a hotel for a week,later got my own apartment and moved.
Now they have been sending poeple,apologising on phone and even blaming the devil for what happened happened.
Sorry for the long gist but don't want u to go thru what I went thru,NIP IT AT THE BUD NOW before it becomes too bad like mine was.
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Z8(m): 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
step 1 get a job
step 2 get ur own place
step 3 move out
after these she would respect your space. sometimes when u depend on some1 for something its like a hold d person has on u. be your own person
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by yme1(f): 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
At 23, she still slaps you?
That shows you are not in away acting like a grown up
from your post, I think you are the kind of young lady that depends on her parents
I am not saying there is something wrong with that
but work towards becoming a woman of your own
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by oluwadare26(m): 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
U said the last time u shouted @ her, she refused to talk to u.. But did she cook u food? If yes..she luvs u and if u just leave the house for ur dad place, she'll beg u to return.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2013
OP your face looks slappable! cheesy
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by icekenkey(m): 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
poshest: Anytime she slaps you just pretend as if u ve fainted and start shivering on the floor she will be so scared. Make it look so real. She won't do it again after u 'regain consciousness''my mum used to be like dat after I did that she stopped it worked like magic.

Lol. U dey craze. I'm certain it will work, though. But it could be disastrous if your mum has hypertension.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ba7man(m): 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
On a serious note, when she's in a good mood, you have to talk to her about her method of correction. Don't be confrontational.....but when she gets the message, Tell her in a slightly firm voice "I don't like it". Tell her to talk to you instead. You must be quite submissive to have sat back and collected Slaps for 23years. You also need to spend less time around her and depend less on her to gain back your respect. Don't make it seem like its "WAR"....B nice while you're at it and resist her bribery for once and watch her get confused. Go out more, mix with people and loosen yourself from her wrapper. Independence will set you free from Slaps.......Or you could just try that Kick above.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by yuzedo: 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
FXKing2012 needs to get the F*CK outta this thread.. Actin' all thirsty and concerned. I bet you'd like some of the OP's 23yr old punny innit? undecided
Man, f*ck outta here with yo lame advice, talkin' bout "you need to get a boyfriend, i can help you up yo income, your story is really moving, you sound like a good girl, i'm impressed"... Go and help kids in orphanage first nuqqa!
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by AZeD1(m): 5:43pm On Feb 25, 2013
OP truth be told, only you can stop it. But i'm with those who say she is transferring the aggression from your dad to you.

Next time she slaps you, pick up your phone and form calling daddy telling him that mummy keeps slapping you like a baby so you want to move in with him. Make sure she is there when you are forming "calling".

My 2 kobo
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by olly4life: 5:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
staicey:

Awwwww thanks!

They are separated. You sound like a daddy, are you one?

I was abt quoting him jare. Don't move out- it will not help U̶̲̥̅̊ since U̶̲̥̅̊ are still in school & ur dad has remarried. Pls get an elderly person- granny, ur church pastor or someone U̶̲̥̅̊ know ur mum respect wit d 3 of U̶̲̥̅̊ seated & trash dis out. Pls ignore dose teenagers advising U̶̲̥̅̊ to get BF. Lastly avoid staying close to her so dat her slaps does not end on ur face(Lol) U̶̲̥̅̊ are indeed a good child.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by obi123: 5:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
ihedioramma: LOVE HER MORE DAN U DO BEFOR . SHE WANT THE BEST FOR U.AND DONT WANT U TO GO INTO THE WORLD LIKE THAT.BECAREFUL SHE IS A GOOD MOTHER BUY DOYING THAT TO U.

so she shows her love by slapping her ?? even parents get it wrong , surely there are other ways of correcting a child
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ChiSun27(m): 5:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
I feel ur pain sweetie..xpecially d part u said on one of ur reply dat she slapped u few weeks afta celebratn a hot bday 4 u...but den ur mum is still ur mum...u cn neva get ha duplicate anywia...so plz...i advice u walk in2 ha room @ 9t...wake ha up...n talk 2 ha abt it 1 mor tym....i bet u...it will go a long way 2 solv d prob.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by YorubaOmoge: 5:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
yuzedo: FXKing2012 needs to get the F*CK outta this thread.. Actin' all thirsty and concerned. I bet you'd like some of the OP's 23yr old punny innit? undecided
Man, f*ck outta here with yo lame advice, talkin' bout "you need to get a boyfriend, i can help you up yo income, your story is really moving, you sound like a good girl, i'm impressed"... Go and help kids in orphanage first nuqqa!

rotflmao grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? / Pregnant Wife Pranks Husband That Her Water Broke / 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.