Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,667 members, 7,945,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:21 AM

Do You Believe In Deliverance? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Deliverance? (7256 Views)

Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? / I Do Not Believe in God / Voodoo: Do You Believe In It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Chiefpriest(m): 5:12pm On Feb 24, 2013
Jesus cast out demons with authority and never had time for delivarance.pls read your bible.
Batam: I believe in deliverance because it is continuous action. Majority of Jesus Christ's miracle were deliverance.
Do not let any pastor deceive you that once you give your life to Christ you are no longer vulnerable to spiritual attacks, in fact that is the beginning of battle with the former evil habits that you are indulging in before. You constant prayer to be free totally to maintain your gift which is salvation
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Jluvu: 5:18pm On Feb 24, 2013
colombiana: Do u bliv in deliverance? I think whoeva asked this question is frustrated. when ple say deliverance it doesn't av to be evil spirit, u can be delivered from blindness, poverty, alcohol and many other things. What did Jesus spend his time on earth for? Was it not to deliver as from sins and many others
if you actually believe in deliverance,then calling whoever asked this question a fustrated fellow, um don´t you think you should go for deliverance? just suggesting?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Jluvu: 5:21pm On Feb 24, 2013
ifihearam:

Any church that preaches the above scripture to you and does not conduct or believe in deliverance is the biggest lie from the pit of hell,let me emphasize by asking you this,if you owe me 1m naira yesterday and gives your life to christ today,does that cancel the debt you owe me?? we africans in general or should i say nigerians have a root with ancestral powers before we all embraced christianity,so you must believe in deliverance by force.
I was of that opinion until i saw physical manifestation of a relative when we invited a pastor to family prayers,guy!!!! demons are real. you better believe in deliverance and go for one if you have not.
you understood the subject of deliverance very well, you made it clearer
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by taiwobabalola: 5:41pm On Feb 24, 2013
Deliverance is real,evry typical african man hv rotten background,devil is accuser of brethren and deliverance is nt limited evil spirit that where alot of people miss it.infact we need generation deliverance so history il not repeat itself.u can do self deliverance by prayers.
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2013
J luv u: you understood the subject of deliverance very well, you made it clearer
A christian is not possesed by the devil but can be oppressed by the devil due to unconfessed sins.
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Jluvu: 5:46pm On Feb 24, 2013
To understand what deliverance can do see Hebrew 11:3[b]5" women received their dead raised to life again,others were tortured not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection[/b]. that mean those that accept deliverance received their dead back to life again,dead what? dead marriages, relationship, career, businesses,finances, spiritual life,etc but those that refused deliverance were tortured. tortured of what? tortured of hardship, poverty,broken home, frustrations,lack of helper, loneliness,hatred,etc we all need deliverance. Being born again not withstanding, if not for anything else at least for spiritual recharge.if you have confessed Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, it´s not automatic for you to be free from evil covenants,but a ticket for your freedom through deliverance in His Name.
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by ProPastorChris(m): 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2013
@ op: what is deliverance? how do you define deliverance?
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by patostation(m): 6:32pm On Feb 24, 2013
Deliver what?
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by patostation(m): 6:32pm On Feb 24, 2013
Deliverance Service is one of the new methods used by modern-day con artists AKA "men of God" to defraud and keep people in bondage. I have seen many kept in further bondage by these Sabbat, Cele and Seraphim Churches after a lot of candle and incence burning and deliverances are conducted. In my family compound, anytime someone dies, the conmen from "Bible believing churches" will come "to conduct deliverance so that people will not be dying". They will "perform some wonderful works", collect a lot of money, and yet death has not been eradicated from that family. Jesus warned us about these people, esp at Mt 24:24,25. He assigned his disciples a very important task: freeing people from spiritual and mental bondage via preaching the gospel of better things (Mt 28;19,20 ) But churches are busy doing deliverance!. And time is running out.You will know the truth and the truth will set you free! (Jn 8:32, Ho 4:6). You have a choice - get "delivered" or be among those who will survive the destruction of Satan's world.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Goshen360(m): 6:39pm On Feb 24, 2013
J luv u: To understand what deliverance can do see Hebrew 11:3[b]5" women received their dead raised to life again,others were tortured not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection[/b]. that mean those that accept deliverance received their dead back to life again,dead what? dead marriages, relationship, career, businesses,finances, spiritual life,etc but those that refused deliverance were tortured. tortured of what? tortured of hardship, poverty,broken home, frustrations,lack of helper, loneliness,hatred,etc we all need deliverance. Being born again not withstanding, if not for anything else at least for spiritual recharge.if you have confessed Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, it´s not automatic for you to be free from evil covenants,but a ticket for your freedom through deliverance in His Name.

It's always best to understand TEXT so you can understand what the Spirit is communicating to the church of God. Deliverance in that context, is the Greek word, apolytrosis and it means,

releasing effected by payment of ransom
a) redemption, deliverance
b) liberation procured by the payment of a ransom

So when that scripture says, NOT ACCEPTING DELIVERANCE...it means those NOT ACCEPTING PAYMENT OF RANSOM PROCURED BY CHRIST, NOT ACCEPTING WHAT CHRIST HAD ALREADY PAID FOR.

Stop reading bible, start STUDYING bible. Christ had already TRANSLATED US FROM THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS INTO HIS KINGDOM OF LIGHT. This light is not NEPA light o. So what that scripture is saying is, it is those who don't accept the ransom paid by Christ (redemption) that are still in bondage.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 24, 2013
Controversal topic

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2013
sadeiyare: Controversal topic
yeah just like tithes and divorce..this topic is controversial
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Katier00(f): 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2013
Ask prophet TB joshua.
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by jmoore(m): 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2013
If you are a christian that means you are bornagain, if you are bornagain that means you are a new creature. Christians don't need deliverance.
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by patostation(m): 7:22pm On Feb 24, 2013
taiwo babalola: Deliverance is real,evry typical african man hv rotten background,devil is accuser of brethren and deliverance is nt limited evil spirit that where alot of people miss it.infact we need generation deliverance so history il not repeat itself.u can do self deliverance by prayers.

In other words, you are saying that only Africans need deliverance. Also to you, every generation need their own deliverance. In short, you need deliverance.
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by wordthots: 8:00pm On Feb 24, 2013
Goshen360: Those who go for deliverance ARE NOT CHRISTIANS. They might be 'church -goers' BUT NOT CHRISTIANS. I do not say that to condemn anyone but CHRISTIANS ARE ALREADY DELIVERED IN THEIR NEWNESS OF LIFE IN CHRIST. You attend deliverance week in week out, what happened to the first deliverance session you attended. Christianity is NOT giving your life to Christ, Christianity is CHRIST GIVING HIS LIFE TO YOU AND YOU LIVING THE LIFE OF CHRIST....."I came, that they may have life and have it more abundantly"....In him was life; and the life was the light of men. John 1:4....I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20

#On point bro Goshen
Whatever happened to Colossians 1:14 and Galatians 1:4... We need to know who we are aand what we have in Christ

Colossians 1:13- [The Father] has delivered and [b]drawn us to Himself out of the control and the dominion of darkness and has transferred us into the kingdom of the Son [c]of His love (AMP)

Galatians 1:4- Who gave (yielded) Himself up [[a]to atone] for our sins [and [b]to save and sanctify us], in order to rescue and deliver us from this present wicked age and world order, in accordance with the will and purpose and plan of our God and Father— (AMP)

A christian would need deliverance sessions day in day out only if Christ did not do a perfect work on the cross...

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by wordthots: 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2013
Batam: I believe in deliverance because it is continuous action. Majority of Jesus Christ's miracle were deliverance.
Do not let any pastor deceive you that once you give your life to Christ you are no longer vulnerable to spiritual attacks, in fact that is the beginning of battle with the former evil habits that you are indulging in before. You constant prayer to be free totally to maintain your gift which is salvation

My brother as Christians, we are not "Vulnerable" to spiritual attacks. We are sitted in heavenly places in Christ far above principalities, we have been given authority thanks to Christs finished work. As he is so are we in this world, the greater one dwells in Us.
I will advise that you study the pauline epistles, they will help a lot in understanding who you are in Christ.

About the sinful habits, its not a problem of deliverance, bt a mind problem. As a new convert you have to renew your mind with Gods word(Romans 12:2) and that's because The born again experiennce is a spiritual one not a physical one(your spirit is made new, but your mind and body remain the same). Most people who go for deliverance sessions to cast out a "sinful habit spirit" hardly notice changes in their lifestyles and that's why they always have to go back. But the word of God is potent and alive, it renews a man totally...

Godbless
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by ifihearam: 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2013
Bidam: A christian is not possesed by the devil but can be oppressed by the devil due to unconfessed sins.

I am shocked at the way some of you think sha,no matter how born again you are,if the right things or steps are not followedthe devil will reside there forever, I saw a particular incidence 3 weeks ago in my church,this usher is as dedicated as ever but in the course of deliverance service the pastor pointed her out,meanwhile she was doing her job assisting those under going deliverance,you won't believe this born again christian started manifesting vis the evil and wicked spirit in her and sshe said they have been dwelling there for years bwhern she was born,and it was an agreement entered between them and the usher4 grand mother. My dear until you invite God,he will look the other way.

Why do you think most christian ladies encounter disappointment??its as a result of the spirit husband and until it is dealt with,they will remain there forever.

The reason your pastors preach otherwise is either of the following reasons:

1)They have a pact with demons or
2)They are not powerful enough to challenge them hence they use that scriptures to deceive you.
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by ifihearam: 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2013
Goshen360:

It's always best to understand TEXT so you can understand what the Spirit is communicating to the church of God. Deliverance in that context, is the Greek word, apolytrosis and it means,

releasing effected by payment of ransom
a) redemption, deliverance
b) liberation procured by the payment of a ransom

So when that scripture says, NOT ACCEPTING DELIVERANCE...it means those NOT ACCEPTING PAYMENT OF RANSOM PROCURED BY CHRIST, NOT ACCEPTING WHAT CHRIST HAD ALREADY PAID FOR.

Stop reading bible, start STUDYING bible. Christ had already TRANSLATED US FROM THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS INTO HIS KINGDOM OF LIGHT. This light is not NEPA light o. So what that scripture is saying is, it is those who don't accept the ransom paid by Christ (redemption) that are still in bondage.

You must be christ embassy member. Smh

Come and see thousands of ur members in churches where deliverance are done and they go back pretending nothing happened,my guy until u see u nor go believe.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by christemmbassey(m): 9:56pm On Feb 24, 2013
@ all, i believe that the word of God has integrity, he can speak for himself and doesnt need any one to speak for him. Now lets look at Hebrews 2:14- Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also himself likewise took part of the same that through DEATH HE MIGHT DESTROY HIM THAT HAD THE POWER of death, THAT IS, THE DEVIL. 15: and DELIVER THEM who through fear of death were all their life time subject to bondage.(kjv) In other words, Christ took up human form so that tro DEATH he(Christ) will DELIVER them(us). Questions- 1: did Christ DIE? Answer: YES, 2: Did he DELIVER us? Answer:YES. 3: is satan still destroying ppl? Answer:YES, 4:how? Answer:through FEAR. So if you think you need deliverance, you do, remember, "as he thinketh, so he is". Again look at Col:1:12 Giving thanks unto the father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light. 13: who had DELIVERED us from the POWER OF DARKNESS and hath translated us in to the kingdom of his dear son. So the christian DOESNT NEED DELIVERANCE, because WE HAD BEEN DELIVERED from the power of darkness.
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by christemmbassey(m): 10:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
ifihearam:

Come and see thousands of ur members in churches where deliverance are done and they go back pretending nothing happened,my guy until u see u nor go believe.
my brother that thing na oil them de use, there are ppl the oil de work on no be everybody. watch everytime na de same ppl, monday to sumday., and the pastor de select ppl to touch, if you are like me whe de stand like de rock of Gilbrater, de pastor go de take style avaid you and only go to those dem juju go catch.
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by christemmbassey(m): 10:12pm On Feb 24, 2013
ifihearam:

that is why they decieve you because you want to see what is not there ur juju pastor must show you something. The word says "for as many of you as, have been baptized into Christ have PUT ON Christ"(GAL3:27, KJV) so ur juju pastor want deliver me of Christ? See also, 1Cor 6:11. And such were some of you but ye are WASHED, but ye are SANCTIFIED but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of God",(kjv). So when God WASHED and SANCTIFIED me he did not se demons na ya juju pastor get eye pass God abi? Pls be wise, God bless.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by mollie12: 10:29pm On Feb 24, 2013
The issue is, deliverance from what?

If its from a demon, well, its not possible for a demonic spirit to cohabit in the same body with the Holy Spirit. A christian has the Holy Spirit dwelling in them, so in theory, its not possible for a christian to be possessed by a demon. Why I say 'in theory' is because, in reality, many people bear the christian title without accepting the Holy Spirit.
So sometimes one comes across a 'Christian' being delivered from demon and jumps to a faulty conclusion.

If its from sinful and destructive lifestyles, well, we understand that even after receiving Christ, our salvation is still in a state of 'under construction'. We don't become holy overnight, but the Holy Spirit, when we yield to Him, transforms us daily as we renew our minds. So, that kind of deliverance is an ongoing process in the life of every Christian.
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by patostation(m): 10:47pm On Feb 24, 2013
ifihearam:

Lies,you are the kind of people that deceives christians,out of ignorance most christians made vows or their parents made vows with demonic forces before or after their birth,you must understand that you getting born again does not free you entirely from those forces,its a platform for you to free yourself via effective prayers and deliverance.God is a God of principles,he does not come into any situation until you invite him on earth,ask moses if you dont understand.

You can speak for yourself. Maybe you had covenants with demons or maybe your parents devoted themselves and you to the local deity. Does it mean that everyone did the same thing. Even if my grand or great grand parents did, they will carry their own load and I will carry mine, chikena!
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Goshen360(m): 10:53pm On Feb 24, 2013
@ man of God, christemmabassey,

God bless you.
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Olimanjdonstarz: 11:13pm On Feb 24, 2013
Everybody needs deliverance no matter how u believe in chirst.u can't see what u fight spirtually,u can only feel it in ur dreams.move to God and seek churchs like scoan ,God of old phophet,elijah,elisaa and God of Tb joshua to deliver u.because I'm delivered through CHRIST GOD in me.
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Olimanjdonstarz: 11:23pm On Feb 24, 2013
To understand what deliverance can do see Hebrew 11:3[b]5" women received their dead raised to life again,others were tortured not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection[/b]. that mean those that accept deliverance received their dead back to life again,dead what? dead marriages, relationship, career, businesses,finances, spiritual life,etc but those that refused deliverance were tortured. tortured of what? tortured of hardship, poverty,broken home, frustrations,lack of helper, loneliness,hatred,etc we all need deliverance. Being born again not withstanding, if not for anything else at least for spiritual recharge.if you have confessed Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, it´s not automatic for you to be free from evil covenants,but a ticket for your freedom through deliverance in His Name.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by LeoAdewale1(m): 11:27pm On Feb 24, 2013
All i gotta say has been summed up in:
Matthew 7:22-23; 1 corinthians 13: 8-11; 2 thessalonians 2: 9-11.
Therefore, i STRONGLY don't believe in ANY MODERN DAY healing whatsoever. Anyone who have things for me to notice should reply. Be wise!
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by therapisteve(m): 1:48am On Feb 25, 2013
let it be unto u according to your belief
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by andyzoga: 2:37am On Feb 25, 2013
ifihearam:

Any church that preaches the above scripture to you and does not conduct or believe in deliverance is the biggest lie from the pit of hell,let me emphasize by asking you this,if you owe me 1m naira yesterday and gives your life to christ today,does that cancel the debt you owe me?? we africans in general or should i say nigerians have a root with ancestral powers before we all embraced christianity,so you must believe in deliverance by force.
I was of that opinion until i saw physical manifestation of a relative when we invited a pastor to family prayers,guy!!!! demons are real. you better believe in deliverance and go for one if you have not.
I don't seem to be comfortable wit ur illustration. Our xtian race is about being worded with proper understanding. Christ paid ALL my debts n me accepting Him is Him living in me! Mosttimes, many xtians get tormented by d devil not because d devil is da̶̲̥̅̊† wicked but because they don't know their true identity in Christ. May d good Lord open our eyes of understanding,IJN
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by cafayzieg: 9:48am On Feb 25, 2013
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by christemmbassey(m): 10:34am On Feb 25, 2013
@Goshen360 are you really seeing what Am seeing in this thread? Bro what are we gonna do about these rampaging ignorance, some even said, "it doesnt matter, whether you are a christian, everybody needs deliverance" another one also quoted the beautiful-Hebrews 11 and murdered her, how can a 'christian' be so 'dead' so 'canal' ? Do they know who a 'christian' is? Well, I concede to them, they do NEED DELIVERANCE, from lack of knowledge (Hosea 4::6, john8: 32), from falsehood, fron unbelief(Heb3:18-19)they could not enter into, or experience the liberty of God's Spirit because of unbelief. So they DO NEED DELIVERANCE. Stay blessed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? / Visions Exposing The Plans Of The Enemy To Hinder Christians From Rapture / Salvation Is Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.