Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,381 members, 7,888,236 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:23 PM

Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie (25817 Views)

Denrele Visits Late Goldie's Grave, Pays Emotional Tribute (Photos) / Prezzo Planned To Propose To Goldie On Valentine's Day? / Celebrities React To Goldie's Death On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by megareal: 1:27pm On Feb 25, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 25, 2013
erad: not tryna be negative but this sounds more like self-appraisal than a tribute to me... #just saying#

Nothing negative in what you posted, its a factual observation.
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by vaultgardens: 1:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
Goldie was buried in VAULTS AND GARDENS, IKOYI today. May her soul rest in Peace.

More Pics
contact us on 08099930509.
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
timpaker:

I'm very touched by that line. Very poetic! RIP Goldie. cry cry

Yeah, nice! Also liked:''So sadwhen people who give you the best memories, become a memory!''.

Now who would have thought a silly looking dude like that could write such great stuff?

3 Likes

Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by temmythe(f): 2:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
erad: not tryna be negative but this sounds more like self-appraisal than a tribute to me... #just saying#
He was trying to ask Goldie why she left him despite all he has done for her/done together.... more of deep thought
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
What a tribute
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by feelxp(m): 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
He downloaded 98% of his tribute frm; 'great tribute'. I've read d same tribute to aaliyah b4. D guy just added his xpression at d middle.
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by Dunnnai(f): 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2013
She's really gone....RiP Goldie Harvey. cryShe's really gone....RiP Goldie Harvey.
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by UD101(m): 2:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
Bonaguy: My super star friend sways away and I stand watching till she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says "she's gone"...Gone where?

Gone from my sight, that is all. She is just as gorgeous now as when last I saw her.

Her slightly disappearing figure and total loss from my sight is in me, not in her.

And just at that moment, when someone at my side says she's gone, there are others who are watching her coming over their horizon and other voices take up a glad shout - There she comes! That is what dying id - An horizon and just the limit of our sight.

My lifeline, my lexicon, Therapist and support system…we have known lots of pleasure, at times endured ppai, we have lived in the sunshine and walked in the rain. I had acute malaria (was shaking terribly) but performed “skibobo” with you at the Industry Night and Loud&Proud show, I sprained my ankle but still shot your three videos in a row in S/A.

I left my family house and moved in with you and your family right after all the Big Brother Africa madness, I did all the damage control….

I fought every organizer simply cos I wanted you on the bill with me and split my show earnings with you, I dragged you to the American Embassy even if it meant I had to get up at 4am. I endured negative criticism because shallow minds couldn’t comprehend your brand essence – I started wearing block heels (you got me the most fabulous pair of Jeffrey Campbells) and I damned the consequences. I recorded the reality show “Tru Friendship” with you because you went on and on about it and I wanted to please you.

I have been your fierce-alter ego in all your videos, I have fought your fights, endured countless eccentric P.As with you…I can go on and on and this is how you leave me? You chose an eternal sleep over a fabulous life with me? Lest I forget, I ate the entire box of birthday chocolates Bola sent to you!

Phew, I can’t type anymore, I’m playing “Good To Me” (always disturbed you to release that song) and my notepad is a misty mass of my never ending tears. So sad when people who give you the best memories, become a memory!

The Goldie I knew, despite your success and worldwide recognition, still wondered, “Am I good enough?” “Am I pretty enough?” “Will they like me?” It was this burden that made you great…And that made you stumble in the end.

Goldie if you can hear me now, you weren’t good just good enough – You were abso-frigging-lutely GREAT! You sang the whole damn song without a band- you made the picture of a showbiz star look so perfect!

Your parting has left a void, but I will fit it with remembered joy. A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss and oh yes, these things I too will miss. Even though we are separated and for a time apart, I am not alone cos you’re forever in my heart. I will move mountains to continue your legacy, I will crash ceilings to spread your good works, I will break barriers to sell your “market” but above all, I will cherish the awesome times we spent together…You will forever be my source of infinity!

We wore the same shoe size and had the same body proportions. You made me start strutting lashes and recall I wore that black dress of yours you never got to wear? No masterpiece can ever match your face! To everyone reading this piece, let my dear friend rest in peace! Speak no evil about her, she was too good to be true!

I can hear you say to me…Mbirikoko, do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep, Do not stand at my grave and cry…I am not there, I did not die!

http://gistmetro..com/2013/02/denreles-emotional-tribute-to-goldie.html
R.I.P D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥α̲̅®, till we (•͡_ •͡ again
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by Dalby(m): 2:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
Very passionate!!!
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by SmashingM(f): 2:30pm On Feb 25, 2013
very touching ... "so sad when people who give the best memories become a memory" - Best line

1 Like

Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by scobaba: 2:35pm On Feb 25, 2013
They were quite close. Well written tribute. That is what you get when you lose a very close pal, you will be so shocked at what you penned down by the time you read the tribute again after a year or two.
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by Hugo7(m): 2:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
True FRIEND'S R.I.P R.IP R.IP R.I.P R.I P R.I .P R.I.P R.I.P R.I.P GOLDEN
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by Nmeri17: 2:49pm On Feb 25, 2013
Omq...soo so touchin
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by Bootybuttchic(f): 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2013
Rip
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by pbs4real(m): 3:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
RIP goldie..............
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by eedriyz(m): 3:56pm On Feb 25, 2013
jayiyke007: Seriously, can someone tel me who Denrele was 2 her? He sounded more than just friends 2 her+very intimate... Hmmm, Are u pondering wat i'm pondering? Jst asking ☺ Lol...
Her friend. Denrele is a gal so don't be surprised
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by tpia5: 4:12pm On Feb 25, 2013
feelxp: He downloaded 98% of his tribute frm; 'great tribute'. I've read d same tribute to aaliyah b4. D guy just added his xpression at d middle.

still no evidence of what he actually said, all we're seeing is an online post claiming he said something.

same thing they did with prezzo and a poem.
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by tpia5: 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2013
Amaaskia:

Of course! Another heartless soul must agree.

hmm
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by MadCow1: 4:21pm On Feb 25, 2013
This is so not touching!!!

#Still loooking for Bitter Kola and Aligator Pepper in Lekki Phase 2...
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by Justiceotuya(m): 4:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
I am actually typing and crying
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by tpia5: 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2013
lots of dagrin fans on the thread, hmm.
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by Powertrip: 4:43pm On Feb 25, 2013
R.I.P kiss
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by pimplucious: 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2013
like I give a frigging damn 'bout the whole write up! it don't even make no sense to me. Tons have died b4 her n tens of thousands still gonna die. Erryone gonna die anyways. Like hers is any different. May the souls of the departed rest in peace.
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by tpia5: 5:22pm On Feb 25, 2013
they're most likely already looking for the next star, now.

and how to find another wife for the husband too.
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by pimplucious: 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2013
inurmind:

Yeah, nice! Also liked:''So sadwhen people who give you the best memories, become a memory!''.

Now who would have thought a silly looking dude like that could write such great stuff?

Now I'm wondering what's so great about the stuff, or could it be cuz I'm on my 5th bottle?
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by yogun(f): 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2013
RIP Goldie!!!

So very sad
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by sobastical: 6:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
ivy5: RIP With tears in my eyes

Throwing a piece of rag oops! sorry I mean a piece of wrapper at you to wipe ur tears
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by sobastical: 6:35pm On Feb 25, 2013
kennyfao: Really emotional. Goidie is finally gone hope denrele will move out of her family house nw.

Yes ooo, but I guess that was just a pre-phase of the poetic lines.
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by rubi96(f): 6:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
Amaaskia:

Why don't u leave the judging for God to do. Btw its 'Denrele' not derele. Mtchew
firstly, has it become a wrong thing to advise someone to change his lifestyle? Secondly, do u really think dat denrele's dressing pleases God? Thirdly, do u mean to tell me that advising someone means u've judged the person. Let's say u advise ur sis to stop telling lies, does dat mean u've judged her to be a liar? Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, if u dnt like it , u move on. Moreover, there was nothing judging in wat he wrote.
P.s whenever u correct someone , do it politely and stop hissing. Continous hissing makes ur mouth long. Just an advice.:-):-)
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by sobastical: 6:37pm On Feb 25, 2013

Hmm, you've got a point there too
Re: Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie by sobastical: 6:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
Katier00 :
. Ar u 4 real?

No, he's for fake but he's obviously realistic in this world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fans Gift Mercy Eke A Bible In Abuja / Timi Oyebode: You Rape When You Masturbate - RCCG Therapist / Matt Dallas Is Gay (Kyle XY Star)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.