Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,945 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:12 AM

Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) (168092 Views)

My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / Building My Three (3) Bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by tunde57: 12:27am On May 07, 2013
Labour for two flats only
Materials - 80 Bags Cement and 8 load of plaster sand
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by tunde57: 12:29am On May 07, 2013
Labour for two flats only
Materials - 80 Bags Cement and 8 loads of plaster sand
Acidosis:

270k for labour alone? or + bags of cement?

I can help contact a bricklayer (he's good in plastering & 'dressing') but distance is the barrier. His price is always reasonable & fair.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Acidosis(m): 2:45am On May 07, 2013
tunde57: Labour for two flats only
Materials - 80 Bags Cement and 8 loads of plaster sand

Do you need his contact?

& where is your location?

btw, 8 full loads (trips) of plaster sand is too much. If 80bags of cement would plaster the two flats, then 3/4 full loads of sand is a perfect extimate..
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by tunde57: 9:20am On May 07, 2013
The site location is at Oke-Ata, via Ita-Oshin in Abeokuta.
I would not mind a second opinion / quotation if he is willing to work in Abeokuta.
While defending his quotation, my bricklayer cited the issue of fixing of doors, aluminum window frames & burglary proof for the reason of arriving at that price.
Attached is photo of the building
Acidosis:

Do you need his contact?

& where is your location?

btw, 8 full loads (trips) of plaster sand is too much. If 80bags of cement would plaster the two flats, then 3/4 full loads of sand is a perfect extimate..

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by sucessful1: 11:47am On May 07, 2013
Muyesky,
I'll get back to u soon,my Eng insist in casting of water tank first,so they re doing that this weekend,talk to u soon.

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Acidosis(m): 2:08pm On May 07, 2013
tunde57: The site location is at Oke-Ata, via Ita-Oshin in Abeokuta.
I would not mind a second opinion / quotation if he is willing to work in Abeokuta.
While defending his quotation, my bricklayer cited the issue of fixing of doors, aluminum window frames & burglary proof for the reason of arriving at that price.

I'll be with him in few hours. ...and yes, he has been to places like Onitsha, Akwa, Abj... but He'll need to know if the site is safe to live in for the short period.

And other factors like Water, availability of fittings like window frames, doors, plaster sand etc..

I'll get back to you when I see him (before 8p.m)
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 4:28pm On May 07, 2013
sucessful1: Muyesky,
I'll get back to u soon,my Eng insist in casting of water tank first,so they re doing that this weekend,talk to u soon.

will be expecting, thanks a lot
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 4:30pm On May 07, 2013
tunde57: The site location is at Oke-Ata, via Ita-Oshin in Abeokuta.

Mr Tunde, pls call my number : 08035757416 or muyiwaolakunde@rocketmail.com. i think my bricklayer can work something out for u
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by lukaino(m): 4:34pm On May 07, 2013
@ Muyesky, Love your incisive presentation of all stages involved.More power to your elbows.
Kindly show cost of Burglary proof, Aluminium window/door frames and cement designs. God is your strength
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 4:35pm On May 07, 2013
mufutau55:

Ok. I will let you know when I am ready.. Is Igando far away from Sango-Otta (along Abeokuta to Lagos Expressway)?

Hajji Mufutau

its not really far, as far as it is motorable. will be waiting to hear from u whenever u are ready.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 4:39pm On May 07, 2013
lukaino: @ Muyesky, Love your incisive presentation of all stages involved.More power to your elbows.
Kindly show cost of Burglary proof, Aluminium window/door frames and cement designs. God is your strength

burglary proof 5k, aluminium window 10k(4x4), 6k (2x2). dont understand wot u meant by cement design
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 6:51pm On May 07, 2013
Muyesky:

burglary proof 5k, aluminium window 10k(4x4), 6k (2x2). dont understand wot u meant by cement design

He is probably talking about those your window hood designs, which I also love the simple design.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 6:53pm On May 07, 2013
Muyesky:
its not really far, as far as it is motorable. will be waiting to hear from u whenever u are ready.

Surely. I am building a house around there and I don't know about the surroundings.smiley. This Diaspora is killing my home knowledge.
Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:37pm On May 07, 2013
lukaino: @ Muyesky, Love your incisive presentation of all stages involved.More power to your elbows.

pls, do give me a call so we can talk better: 08035757416 or muyiwaolakunde@rocketmail.com
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:39pm On May 07, 2013
mufutau55:

He is probably talking about those your window hood designs, which I also love the simple design.

Hajji Mufutau

thanks sir "big things comes in small packages" that was the principle i adopted.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 8:40pm On May 07, 2013
@Muyesky
Please remind me again... Looking at your earlier photos, you did your german floor after the blocks has been laid, right?
If so, how did that works out? Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:45pm On May 07, 2013
mufutau55: @Muyesky
Please remind me again... Looking at your earlier photos, you did your german floor after the blocks has been laid, right?
If so, how did that works out? Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

i filled the block holes with concrete, although that was not the intention but it work out just fine cos it was like filling a raft with concrete cement so the rest of the feeling just blended in naturally
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 9:17pm On May 07, 2013
Muyesky:

i filled the block holes with concrete, although that was not the intention but it work out just fine cos it was like filling a raft with concrete cement so the rest of the feeling just blended in naturally

But did you still did the german floor after filling the block holes?

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:42pm On May 07, 2013
mufutau55:

But did you still did the german floor after filling th block holes?

Hajji Mufutau

Yes I did, there was no way I would not av done that. It has its own binding advantage. Thanks
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 11:09pm On May 07, 2013
Muyesky:
Yes I did, there was no way I would not av done that. It has its own binding advantage. Thanks

Good. All I was trying to get out of it is that it can be done even after some coaches of block has been laid.
My Duplex's floor was not done before laying blocks, but they told me I can still do it later, which of course I intend to do too..
Thanks for the clarifications.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 5:29am On May 08, 2013
mufutau55:

Good. All I was trying to get out of it is that it can be done even after some coaches of block has been laid.
My Duplex's floor was not done before laying blocks, but they told me I can still do it later, which of course I intend to do too..
Thanks for the clarifications.

Hajji Mufutau

The pleasure is mine.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 12:07am On May 18, 2013
How much does it cost to make the windows hood design.

For the windows sizes below: (See the picture of the building below with green roof)

6ft by 4ft (Qty=6)
5ft by 4ft (Qty=2)
4ft by 4ft (Qty=2)
2ft 6ins by 2ft (Qty=4)

I may also need to do two pillars.

Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 2:28am On May 18, 2013
mufutau55: How much does it cost to make the windows hood design.

For the windows sizes below: (See the picture of the building below with green roof)

6ft by 4ft (Qty=6)
5ft by 4ft (Qty=2)
4ft by 4ft (Qty=2)
2ft 6ins by 2ft (Qty=4)

I may also need to do two pillars.

Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau

Will get back to u in a few hours thru ur email......thanks a lot
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 3:10am On May 18, 2013
Muyesky:

Will get back to u in a few hours thru ur email......thanks a lot

Thanks Brother.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by twinskenny(m): 10:34am On May 18, 2013
mufutau55:

Thanks Brother.

Hajji Mufutau

Sir, i will like to talk to u via email on telephone.. kindly do a blank email to twinskenny@gmail.com

Thank you
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 2:25pm On May 18, 2013
twinskenny:
Sir, i will like to talk to u via email on telephone.. kindly do a blank email to twinskenny@gmail.com
Thank you

Just done. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by twinskenny(m): 2:56pm On May 18, 2013
mufutau55:

Just done. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

Thank you sir,

I just sent you an email too.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 3:13pm On May 18, 2013
twinskenny:
Thank you sir,
I just sent you an email too.

Replied. Thank you. We shall talk when the time comes.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2013
Hello fellow nairanders, after such a long time off as a result of lack of 'pepper' wink and now wey small pepper don dey, i decided to go for tile hunting. The total square meter (floor and wall tiles) stands at 352.6m and it set me back by almost #388,000. This excludes transport, loading and offloading.

3 Likes

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
1. Parlor, dinning and entrance tile (30 x 60)
2. All rooms and passage tiles (40 x 40)
3. Kitchen wall tiles (25 x 40)
4. Bathroom wall tiles (25 x 40)
5. Kitchen and Bathroom floor tiles (30 x 30)

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:12pm On Jul 04, 2013
Loading the tiles smiley......also bought the W/C's and washing hand basins for all the toilets and the dinning table

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2013
After such a long time off, the weed had outgrown the building such that gaining access was near impossible till we had to clear everything out. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Building House In This Recession! / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.