Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,989 members, 7,942,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 12:10 PM

Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa (11891 Views)

9 Reasons Why Iphones Are Better Than Android Phones / SHOKING: Iphones Are Now Exploding / The Mysterious Success Of Apple Iphones – Why Iphones Are So Popular? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by Adanyebe(m): 5:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
Invariably Naija is were u buy stolen phones with receipt abi?
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by jaygem(m): 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
saxywale:
Hope you are not wearing a white person's undies as well.
Undies aren't that xpensive. Very cheap wink
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by jaygem(m): 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2013
Pls they should steal iphone5 we cant afford the new one yet wink

2 Likes

Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by bedford101(m): 5:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
4get which ever pattern dem won bring definetly not becos of naija, naija na where anything bad is possible, infact it will be stolen and re-stolen again and again grin, naija i hail thee
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by Ultimux: 5:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
This pple shd shut up. Did they complain when they are stealing our oil and exporting it? Did they complain when their so called reps here i.e Mobil, Chevron are short changing/ scamming the entire populace in collusion with the dirty politicians? Ordinary iphones they are quick to label Lagos as d hub of stolen phones when we all know theirs is the capital of stolen crude and they benefit more in terms of stolen funds that are invested by the so called high class thieves in the corridors of power and CEOs of our banks. Mtshew....abeg let's hear word jor.
Stolen or not, those who buy it here pay full value for it. Abi na free?!

4 Likes

Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
I thought this was general knowledge.
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by bedford101(m): 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2013
jaygem: Pls they should steal iphone5 we cant afford the new one yet wink
i de tell u, we re waiting o iphone5 and bb Z10+Q10 grin

1 Like

Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2013
Nonsense, so na only blacks dey thief abi. White as* he&shediots:/
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by ochukoccna: 5:45pm On Feb 27, 2013
drizzit: now dis statement just goes a long way to show the booming market for used phones in nigeria aka computer village. At tha same time it sounds corny.....and racist. Why specifically refer to Lagos,Nigeria? Is there any relevant data showing how many used phones from the US and Europe get to Nigeria and Africa?
I thought so too but recall Nigeria is Africa's largest phone market
Why we in Nigeria don't have such a mechamism in place bears me hollow knowing the number of phones(smart and not smart) lost by Nigerians
Or perhaps if the phone manufacturers can create a kill switch known/activated only by the original owner of a phone
I lost a Samsung Galaxy SL 2 weeks back and even though I have a better replacement,I'm stiil thinking how to squeeze the neck of the dude who stole it not forgetting retrieving some sensitive stuff which was on my SD card.
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by honeric01(m): 5:53pm On Feb 27, 2013
Stop buying used items.
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by bedford101(m): 5:57pm On Feb 27, 2013
infact i want a US used apple mac book Air 'who has it for sale..NB: must be stolen from US

1 Like

Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by Bwaal(m): 5:57pm On Feb 27, 2013
hmmmmmm
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by bedford101(m): 5:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
Ultimux: This pple shd shut up. Did they complain when they are stealing our oil and exporting it? Did they complain when their so called reps here i.e Mobil, Chevron are short changing/ scamming the entire populace in collusion with the dirty politicians? Ordinary iphones they are quick to label Lagos as d hub of stolen phones when we all know theirs is the capital of stolen crude and they benefit more in terms of stolen funds that are invested by the so called high class thieves in the corridors of power and CEOs of our banks. Mtshew....abeg let's hear word jor.
Stolen or not, those who buy it here pay full value for it. Abi na free?!
u de answer them?
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by Awoofawo(m): 6:04pm On Feb 27, 2013
Adanyebe: It might be the only way to stop some guy on the streets of Lagos, Nigeria, from listening to your playlists, checking out your vacation pictures, or worse–stealing your identity.

Those oyinbo must be smoking dry pawpaw leaf.... Always whacking Nigeria with their silly baseless accusation! Is Nigeria the only country in Africa?!:@!
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by caukerzee(m): 6:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
berem: please o! whats the difference between an iphone and an Android phone? Me i no sabi anything for phone matter.
Andriod is a mobile OS made by google. iphone is a mobile device produced by apple.
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by Ultimux: 6:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
honeric01: Stop buying used items.
Am sure you meant to say "stop selling stolen items".
If you want to go that route then you will ask people to stop buying used cars, used electronics etc.
Even our federal government and their agencies are notorious for buying used items and passing them off to us as new.
They should kindly take care of their thieves there and don't use the issue to rub on us.
Afterall when we are accusing and abusing our own thieves here we do not point accusing fingers at the west for encouraging them.
Infact, if I see a used iphone with "stolen from US" written all over it, I will buy shaperly as long as I can make use of it.
Why? Coz I knw the trader at computer village did not steal it personally neither was he aware it was stolen.
I buy from amazon and ebay all the time. I have never came across an ad that states- THIS ITEM IS STOLEN.

2 Likes

Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by bedford101(m): 6:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
IF THEY SAY SO THEN WHY SELLING USED ITEMS ON AMAZON AND EBAY, COS THEY MUST BE STOLEN THINGS TOO, OR DOES AMAZON AND EBAY BELONGS TO NIGERIA? BUNCH OF CLOWNS THEY SHOULD SMOKE DRIED BITTER LEAF AND SLEEP TO REFRESH THEIR USED BRAINS

2 Likes

Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by 3kay945(m): 7:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
This matter difficult to judge o.
To some people, its called London use
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by vanbonattel: 7:10pm On Feb 27, 2013
Stolen oil leaves naija, stolen iphone lands naija, case dismissed.
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by jmoore(m): 7:10pm On Feb 27, 2013
who stole the phones? americans
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by Dygeasy(m): 7:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
dvdon: Seriously I don't have any thing to coment. Can I get a like if u want to live long!!!
and if you don't get 10 likes, you may not live long.
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by bedford101(m): 7:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
jmoore: who stole the phones? americans
No its Nigerians that re going there to steal/pick their pockets..idiats
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by jmoore(m): 7:30pm On Feb 27, 2013
--
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by ibiso1986: 7:31pm On Feb 27, 2013
That reminds me, if u use blackberry, symbian or android phones, try and download NETQIN antivirus.. It has an ANTILOST feature that can make u retrieve ur lost or stolen phone.. It will send u the location of the thief and the number the thief is using(through a reporting number you'll have to set).. U can even use a female to get him through the number, or u can go to the location of the thief and trigger the anti theft alarm(through another smart phone) even if the phone is off.. I retrieved my mum's phone last month.. Though I used a babalawo format tru the thief's number.
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by poshpimkiey(f): 7:44pm On Feb 27, 2013
Ok
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by Tinyemeka(m): 8:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
Lord knows I hate iPhones passionately for no reason. Even if given one as a gift, I'd bear the loss of re-sale and go buy a Galaxy Note II.

I don't intend to fuel any animosity. I just require conviction: what edge (specs, user experience, etc) does an iPhone have over a Galaxy SIII? Lets even leave the Note out of this.
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by bedford101(m): 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
Tinyemeka: Lord knows I hate iPhones passionately for no reason. Even if given one as a gift, I'd bear the loss of re-sale and go buy a Galaxy Note II.

I don't intend to fuel any animosity. I just require conviction: what edge (specs, user experience, etc) does an iPhone have over a Galaxy SIII? Lets even leave the Note out of this.
my guy iphone got natural efizzy[i][/i]
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by Ilekokonit: 8:35pm On Feb 27, 2013
It might be the only way to stop some guy on the streets of Lagos, Nigeria, from listening to your playlists, checking out your vacation pictures, or worse–stealing your identity

I hope the identity thieves in our midst are proud of their achievements in bringing the name Nigeria to such a new low that all and sundry from the BBC https://www.nairaland.com/1125118/when-bbc-going-stop-rubbishing to now Bloomberg Business Week in the above article are now taking a pot shot at tarring 170 million people with the same brush because our overdraft billionaires and kleptomaniac politicians don't give a damn if the name Nigeria is now associated with crookedness in Western dictionaries.

True we've got undesirable 419'ers amongst us (both home and away) but our irresponsible Government should wake up from their Lootocracy and start calling these Western organisations to order before every Nigerian becomes seen as a crook in Westerners eyes. I hope this has not occured already when even some of our Ghanaian neighbours now have the effontery to come onto a Nigerian forum and call Nigerians crooks.
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by trumpcoat(m): 8:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by honeric01(m): 8:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
Ultimux:
Am sure you meant to say "stop selling stolen items".
If you want to go that route then you will ask people to stop buying used cars, used electronics etc.
Even our federal government and their agencies are notorious for buying used items and passing them off to us as new.
They should kindly take care of their thieves there and don't use the issue to rub on us.
Afterall when we are accusing and abusing our own thieves here we do not point accusing fingers at the west for encouraging them.
Infact, if I see a used iphone with "stolen from US" written all over it, I will buy shaperly as long as I can make use of it.
Why? Coz I knw the trader at computer village did not steal it personally neither was he aware it was stolen.
I buy from amazon and ebay all the time. I have never came across an ad that states- THIS ITEM IS STOLEN.

You got my point, only trying to beat around the bush, this thread is for "stolen iphones" and you should have known that i was talking about phones. unless the seller is someone you know/owned the phone and has the receipt for the phone he's selling to you. no one should buy any used gadget if you do not want to encourage pick-pocketers/robbers/petty thieves.
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by egberipops(m): 9:07pm On Feb 27, 2013
seedord247:

How is it gonna be a welcome development when most of our stolen resources is being used in the west.

GOD bless u my sister
Re: Most Stolen iPhones Are In Africa by moneyhungry(m): 9:30pm On Feb 27, 2013
ibiso1986: That reminds me, if u use blackberry, symbian or android phones, try and download NETQIN antivirus.. It has an ANTILOST feature that can make u retrieve ur lost or stolen phone.. It will send u the location of the thief and the number the thief is using(through a reporting number you'll have to set).. U can even use a female to get him through the number, or u can go to the location of the thief and trigger the anti theft alarm(through another smart phone) even if the phone is off.. I retrieved my mum's phone last month.. Though I used a babalawo format tru the thief's number.
only useful comment on diz thread.
tanx.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Spectranet Is A Fraud / Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know / MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.