Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,772 members, 7,875,930 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:48 AM

Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ (12540 Views)

Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo / TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders / Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OLUSEGUN OBASANJO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by Abraham2013(m): 11:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
Imagine d kettle calling d pot black. Well 4 d 1st time I will agree wit OBJ on a subject. Nigeria hav Neva had a gud leader 4rm 1999 till date.
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by ayobase(m): 12:11am On Mar 04, 2013
So Ph.D and M.Sc holders applied for that job....hmmm!
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by ITbomb(m): 12:39am On Mar 04, 2013
tomakint:
I think you (ITbomb) should bell the cat cool
What I need is just 10 of these, 150m for logistics and a good vantage point. I already have the machine

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 04, 2013
Nigeria has been blessed with so many Resources, but unfortunately, Good Leadership isn't one of them.

Baba was a leader of this country for almost 12years cummulatively.
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by drnoel: 8:35am On Mar 04, 2013
chiover: I am so happy that baba is also one of our leaders. Does this assertion means that baba is also a bad leader??
Yes it also involves him. Funny he made the statement hoping to indict someone but forgot when u point a finger at someone, four more fingers are pointed to you.
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by ddeola: 9:30am On Mar 04, 2013
Baba Iyabo,you are a part of the problems in this country! We are tired of all this lip-service abeg
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by opribo(m): 9:33am On Mar 04, 2013
The same man that tried to ruin Naija because we said no way to his third term ambition. Hemust be under the influence of something
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by opribo(m): 9:34am On Mar 04, 2013
The same man that tried to ruin Naija because we said no way to his third term ambition. Hemust be under the influence of something. We kill our good leaders and allow criminals to lord over the nation. Big shame of a nation
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by aesola: 10:10am On Mar 04, 2013
In 8 years of Oil boom i.e. 1999 - 2007, Obasanjo spent $16Billion on Electricity and yet no stable supply. Within same period UAE built an Hotel in Dubai with $1.5billion and she became a destination in the world. Indeed Baba was No 1 bad past leader in Nigeria. A se buruku se rere.
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by kunlej2: 11:24am On Mar 04, 2013
baba reasoning is different and you cant judge him by this comment.
10/100, is it not a failure.
if majority of our leaders are good, we would not be at this level. so, baba talk more, those he is talking to know themselves.
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by badesco(m): 11:38am On Mar 04, 2013
How would he describe himself? A good or a Bad Leader?
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by yemmyurban(m): 2:10pm On Mar 04, 2013
i quite agree with the old man...good leadership is a continuous process and the only way to maximise sustainable development...not one good leader in onee hundred years...why cant we have a president that will improve on d infrastructure on ground when Obj left office just like what is happening Lagos
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by linusbnn(m): 2:18pm On Mar 04, 2013
otokx: In developed countries OBJ should be cooling off in jail.

True talk obj is supposed to be in jail, but we can't forget so soon dat he brought abt the paSsage of the Nigeria civil defense corps, telecommunications biz, wic wen studied greatly,u will knw how many thousands dese bodies had employed..what can we say abt Gej so farfrom d period of fulfilling Yaradua's tenure to now,what can u say he has done Going abroad to discuss Nollywood!!!
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by WonderBoy2014: 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2013
Nawa o,i wonder wot he was tinking wen saying dis stupid words,was obj a gud leader?i beg leave jor!d gud leaders are stil in school,we are coming 2redeem d image of nigeria

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by lastpage: 5:21pm On Mar 04, 2013
Okoro2015: This is either a personal admittance of failure or an irrefutable definition of senility.
Haahahha! grin
Take it or leave it, one thing you cant fault OBJ about is his BLUNTNESS!

This is a man who has ruled Nigeria THE MOST, a TWO TIME PRESIDENT, telling us straight in the face!

Tell me: WHO CAN KNOW A THIEF, BETTER THAN A THIEF ITSELF?
OBJ just admitted the failure of his own generation, especially himself ...... and thats why l applaud his "self immolation" ....at 70yeras! shocked shocked

When Dangote told him that two PhD holders and 600 Masters Degree holders where amongst those who applied as Truck drivers in his Cement, OBJ pretended to be surprised!

Was it not OBJ that "cemented" the monopoly of our Cement Industries to Dangote?
Why wont Dangote flaunt it that he employs PhD holders as truck drivers? (there's something about people who dont attend Universities but run into money, wanting to flaunt it and ridicule those who are well educated but they forget that "Money and Education" are miles apart! Any fool can be rich at anytime, University Education takes a process, time and painstaking, to achieve).

Obasanjo himself is a beneficiary of a system that promotes mediocres to position of leadership and decision-making! ....Was he not just a "bricklayer" in the Army? grin grin

*Do we need to remind anyone of his role in the killing of Dr. Bola Ige, an erudite and seasoned "good leader", in-between?
*Do we need to remind him of his assault on University students and our educational institutions, during his time as Military head of state?
*Do wee need to remind him about how "Operation feed the Nation, OFN" (a national Project to improve Agriculture, which annexed people's land in Otta, gulped Billions of Naira in federal funding, .....suddenly metamorphosed into Obasanjo farms Nigeria (still OFN)? What a genius!
*Do we need to remind him about his interest in TransCorp and how it desecrated our National Assets like Ajaokuta Steel Mills, NITEL, National Ship[ping Line, e.t.c.... under his "leadership and influence"
*Do we need to remind him about the 15billion that was spent on NEPA and how even up till today, there is not much to show for it?
*Do we need to remind him of the extra judicial killings that took place in Odi and Zaki Biam?
*Do we need to remind him of his role in the 'dashing-away' of Bakassi, just to promote his 3rd term agenda?
*Do we need to remind him that it is NOT ENOUGH to steal, loot and later come out to lament, in a show of unabashed shamelessness and Diarrhea of the mouth?

Look, it is not only that we suffer from paucity of leaders, we are also imbibed with "foolish, cunning thieves" occupying leadership position (Leaders) who have no idea of what self-respect entails otherwise most of them would have taken the "Chinese Option" of falling on their sword instead of fouling the air every now and then, with more of their foolish ideas and rantings.

I am sure those young children will be wondering whether the man was a "born-again" or the same "Jaguda in Agbada", that they remember .....well, as Nigerians, we forget too quickly anyway!

Lastpage!
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by Igbanibo: 6:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
Including OBJ in that list, shame on himsad
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
I vote Obasanjo No 1 on the list?
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by tomakint: 2:20pm On Mar 05, 2013
ITbomb:
What I need is just 10 of these, 150m for logistics and a good vantage point. I already have the machine
You are one funny dude cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by Tonae: 3:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
Nigeria is in such bad state because evil men like OBJ found their way to leadership positions knowing nothing about leadership.

They do not love Nigeria or Nigerians in the real sense of the word love. They chant the mantra "one Nigeria' but only needed to loot and rape her to stupor. The very worst enemy of Nigeria are these soldiers of fortune OBJ included who needed only to use her to stabilize their future and that of their families which is what they`ve done hook or crook without giving back by way of enthroning good successive leadership.

These soldiers of fortune such as GOWON, IBB, OBJ, ADULSALAMI, DAVID MARK, J. USENI et al remain in full control of the polity and continue to dictate who goes there in order to protect themselves from being caught up by the long arms of the laws. A drastic measure resulting to positive change is needed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days Ultimatum To Probe Ganduje / Governor Nasir El-Rufai With Kannywood Actors / Katsina Police Kill Terrorists, Rescue 21 Kidnap Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.