Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,756 members, 7,889,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:06 PM

Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? (7619 Views)

Vw Passat 2002 Intermittently Moving Sluggishly On First Gear (automatic ) / Nigerian Women Are Bad Drivers!!! / Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by pafestula(m): 12:40pm On Mar 04, 2013
Why almost every Nigeria females drives sluggishly both on highway and within the city? a married woman almost caused me a serious accident this morning when I was driving so fast to my office in order to meet up with serious deals.. please NL let us share our view and experience on this topic, maybe I would be able to get an answer to this long-ago heart bordering question especially the female drivers in the house, your contribution is VERY IMPORTANT. Thanks
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 04, 2013
I do James bond driving a lot of times but I don't do it where female drivers are on d wheels. Some men on wheels drive like women though. Their reflexes are not very sharp. I don't mean 2 be rude 2 d ladies but I've noticed that d ladies don't use their side mirrors at very critical times as much as men. Nevertheless, there are still ladies that drive so well on d road..

My advice: when next it happens, don't blame d lady. Just blame urself. If u get involved with a lady in an accident, most people will blame u even if u are very right. Pls be more careful next time
smiley..

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 04, 2013
I think its just a lagos driving syndrome" recklessness! but with the new
Method of issuing drivers license in Lagos which involves a thorough test on the driver,
Sluggish and reckless driving will reduce sooN.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by cretin: 1:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
female drivres r a real menance on the road.........had a colg whose car was bashed by a female driver as she was reversing on a street rd...when she was accostyed...she accused my colg of being responsible for the accident since he saw her reversing n didnt start reversing himselfg...instead he sat there n was blowing his horn!!!!............my colg was speecless with fury......women n trheir crazy a=ss logic

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by nonesense: 2:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
Brain loading..........97%
Na your woman dey drive sluggishly
my Lady dey drive fast even on bed when she is on top grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 04, 2013
Not just Nigerian Women...

Women in General are very poor Drivers...

And before any feminist starts to bash me, take a picture of your clean-bumper first and post here!

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by ssainty(m): 2:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
some women are actually men on wheel,but i see a greater percentage huggin their sterings while driving.they r neva relaxed on d wheel yet very slow..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by fittty(m): 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
Not my mom
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Freiburger(m): 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
grin grin @ the title of the topic.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
Most of the slow drivers I encounter are old men grin

@ top a lot of females do not drive as much as males so their confidence and experiences can be generally lower
Many times they have children on board which can also account for the differences

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
Viewing this topic: [size=18pt]Seun(m)[/size]

shocked

E be like say one babe don bash oga car before... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by onyxo76(m): 2:08pm On Mar 04, 2013
seems am not the only one who has noticed this in the recent times... whenever you see a slow moving car/jeep in front of you, you can almost predict the driver is a female.
The road will be devoid of any traffic, yet the car in front of you will just be sluggish for no apparent reason. Some men drive like this as well.
After sunday service yesterday,a lady while reversing her pathfinder removed the front bumper of a parked honda element belonging to another lady,i didn't wait to witness the unfolding drama....

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Freiburger(m): 2:10pm On Mar 04, 2013
fittty: Not my mom
How does she drive? carefully or sluggishly? grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by redcliff: 2:10pm On Mar 04, 2013
[size=14pt]Not sluggishly, annoyingly sluggish and when you pull up to them to overtake them, they look at you like you are a monster. MSCHEW[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 04, 2013
The women you're referring to are probably learners cos women that drive frequently are usually beasts on the road...eg, my mom angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by sugar001(f): 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
God bless you@op! On this note, i rest my case.
Emiru: If you know what it takes to give birth 2 a child after 9 months pregnancy, u won't b askin diz kinda question.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by alaladakosta(f): 2:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
not all women.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by vision2050: 2:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
Men drive recklessly that is why they involve in accident, though women us involve in it but the pecent is low.... Reckless driving= heaven/hell...... ibo lo nkan ju lo?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by deepwaters(f): 2:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
I've heard so much about women's so-called unskilled driving... Not saying its true or not, but at least women have less road crashes than men, right? And for me, arriving at my destination in one piece is the most important thing, even if you'll be labeled sluggish driver.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by blank(f): 2:17pm On Mar 04, 2013
When most guys see that it is a woman that is about to overtake them, they immediately increase their speed and start squeezing face.

My question is "why do men like to drive in the middle of the road or the demarcations?"

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by olapluto(m): 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2013
My mum drives faster and sharper than 85% of Nigerian men. I know it and most people who've been lucky to be driven by her also attest to it. I guess its her no-nonsense attitude that reflects in her driving.
However, I agree with you that SOME women are more laid back in their driving, it doesnt mean they're sluggish. Ideally, there should be speed limit depending on which road you are, so any speed is acceptable provided it is within the limit.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
blank: When most guys see that it is a woman that is about to overtake them, they immediately increase their speed and start squeezing face.

My question is "why do men like to drive in the middle of the road or the demarcations?"
YES!! I can totally relate with your first statement grin grin

as for your question, I think you're referring to all those bus drivers, they're the ones who usually take up the whole road.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
They don't have that problem in Saudi Arabia.
women are not allowed to drive.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
ola_pluto: My mum drives faster and sharper than 85% of Nigerian men. I know it and most people who've been lucky to be driven by her also attest to it. I guess its her no-nonsense attitude that reflects in her driving.
However, I agree with you that SOME women are more laid back in their driving, it doesnt mean they're sluggish. Ideally, there should be speed limit depending on which road you are, so any speed is acceptable provided it is within the limit.
haahaha!! same with my mom. Especially in traffic, my dad is sharp but my mom is sharper.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by tellwisdom: 2:24pm On Mar 04, 2013
My brother na only that one??...If you find a woman reversing, just stay 20kilometres away from her, unless u knw wan meet urself inside gutter with, either a broken hand or leg sadsad

My sis drives atimes like someone who was on drugs; and i would be like...WTF?? angry angry..Death knows know man oo, so becareful abeg angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by tellwisdom: 2:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
ola_pluto: My mum drives faster and sharper than 85% of Nigerian men. I know it and most people who've been lucky to be driven by her also attest to it. I guess its her no-nonsense attitude that reflects in her driving.

Dude, i would advice you tell your mom to apply caution whenever, cos cant see that as sharpness as far as driving is concern. sad sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do It Yourself (DIY) Tips: How To Change Your Air Filter / Photo: Hyundai Sonata 2015 Vs Honda Accord 2015 / 2017 Hyundai Elantra Available for sale in Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.