Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,428 members, 7,901,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:31 AM

The Parable Of The Tax Collector And The Pharisee - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Parable Of The Tax Collector And The Pharisee (506 Views)

12 Signs Of Self-righteousness And Pharisee-ism Among Christians Today / Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? / What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Pharisee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Parable Of The Tax Collector And The Pharisee by Rick9(m): 1:21pm On Mar 04, 2013
[b] Parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector Luke 18:9
Jesus told his disciples another parable of people fully convinced of thier own righteousness.

Two men went into the temple to pray one was a pharisee and the other was a tax collector .

The pharisee said " i thank you God that i am not like other people, adulterous, crooked or even like this tax collector ,

i fast twice a week i give a tenth of all my income to the temple.

Then the pharisee standing far off , would not even lift his face to heaven but cried to God " O God be merciful to me am a sinner"

i tell you when this man went to his house, and he has been set right with God , but not the other.

For whoever make himself great will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be raised...

Moral lessons
dont ever judge any one, even if u are a child of God and someone is not dont judge them but rather pray that they come back to God.

Most xtians are guilty of this.
So please pray that more souls should be saved
[/b]

source www.elitex9blog..com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tools Of Two Kingdoms / BREAKING News:new Pope Elected By Cardinals / New Pope Has One Lung!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.