Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,147 members, 7,939,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 09:12 AM

Husband and Wife in the same Profession? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband and Wife in the same Profession? (10992 Views)

Pastor Catches Wife In Hotel With Choirmaster / Angry Wife Exposes Chat Messages Between Her Husband And Other Women!!! / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:29am On Feb 17, 2006
Renike:

i didnt mean that exactly
i met a couple both are docs. the husband is a Pediatrician and the wife is an anesthesia doc. more like they work as a team, not argue.
We don't have to work in the same level or hospital.
so it's rather cool
bt den everytin go be like doc, doc business 4 da hse inside wink
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by allonym: 10:30am On Feb 17, 2006
Rhodalyn:

bt den everytin go be like doc, doc business 4 da hse inside wink

there's nothing wrong with that if that's what they both want.
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by Chief2B(m): 3:30am On Feb 18, 2006
My wife and I are both Police Officers. I work only nights and she works alternating days and nights for another agency on the opposite shift. When she is off, I'm working and when I'm working she is off. Plus, due to bad communication between Police agencies we are able to sit down and compare notes and have solved many crimes this way. It also works out good because we don't have to hire a sitter to watch the children or a housekeeper to clean the house. It's a shared responsibility. So in our case, a shared profession is a good thing.
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by Seun(m): 1:16pm On Aug 04, 2006
I'm an entrepreneur, and my wife will be the same. Entrepreneurs can find themselves in any industry at any time, but the love of profit is one thing that unites us! A family with two entrepreneurs will be so exciting!
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by Ndipe(m): 3:01am On May 30, 2007
My parents were in the same profession. As a matter of fact, my father was my mom's boss, and when he retired, she took over from him. There was no rupture in their marriage, regarding this, and they were married to each other till the 90's, when they sucumbed to death. So, there is no problem. As a matter of fact, I think it strengthens the bond of the relationship if you are matured about it.
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by hotchic1(f): 7:58pm On Jun 01, 2007
Thats not really a bad thing,i think its worse when they work in thesame office,
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by Bosdem(f): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2007
Why not, so long the two parties understands work as "work" and family as "family"
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by ssRhino: 2:05pm On Sep 13, 2007
I think there are pros and cons to it.
The only con is the fact that, when they get home, there is chances that they will both still talk about work and would be boring, especially in IT.
the Pros are endless, cos they have same taste, can help each other when they are stuck, and can speak same language, could feed of each other's brain and all that.
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by mellow(m): 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2007
There is nothing bad in it. What is bad for one might

be good for another. It all depends on what they they

place as their priority.
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by tlops(m): 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2008
husband and wife can be in the same profession but not d same organisation
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by uspry1(f): 6:36pm On Mar 01, 2008
nothing wrong with husband and wife in the same profession as long as both has agreed commitment equally.

It is cool!!! I would accept for my man same or similar profession running our entrepreneurship---saving money to take vacation, travel together, take break, etc as well as exciting sharing ideas/brainstorms/market promotions---the same philosophy and mission statement/objective.
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by nossycheek(f): 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2008
Contrary to what you think. It is very interesting for couples to be in the same profession if they are in the right profession. I and my hubby are in the same profession and discuss at length issues relating to Accounting (we are both professionals with both audit and accounting experiences).

This is different from being in the same coy or org. as it is a different ball game altogether.
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by fkay(f): 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2008
firstly, i think most organisations don't allow their married couples in the same organisation (i satnd to be corrected). I dont see anything wrong with a couple
in the same proffession, they can be in the same proffession but in different organisations
and not forgetting with different challenges.
Cos its the same proffession doen't mean they wont have time for their kids or for the
home, and being in different proffessions doesn't guarantee that either.
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by kelmasu(f): 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2009
abeg, nutin dey there
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by Fhemmmy: 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2009
I agree with you.
Cos it is better to have something else to talk about other than what you both do.
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by Fiona0007: 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2009
@topic

There are a lot of other things which can make family life harder, than if the couple work at the same place. Of course there are positive and negative implications on the relationship married or not. If the cuople are mature and not taking each other rivals, they may even find it easier to communicate 'cause likely they are thinking and talking in the similar wave length. As a whole I think if they are in the same profession, it may be a good thing.
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by Fhemmmy: 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2009
Fiona0007:

@topic

There are a lot of other things which can make family life harder, than if the couple work at the same place. Of course there are positive and negative implications on the relationship married or not. If the cuople are mature and not taking each other rivals, they may even find it easier to communicate 'cause likely they are thinking and talking in the similar wave length. As a whole I think if they are in the same profession, it may be a good thing.

there are tendency that they will be talking work and profession when they are home, so better to be in different program jare
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2009
Topic.

I think its all about personality context hence it varies from individual to individual. But from subseqent posts so far and personaly i think there should be different jobs for couples. wink
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by Fiona0007: 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2009
Fhemmmy:

there are tendency that they will be talking work and profession when they are home, so better to be in different program jare

If the couple cannot find some interesting topics other than the work, then be it! lipsrsealed
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by Challotti: 4:04am On Jan 29, 2013
I love it!
We are both health care professionals!
No cab drivers or pepper-soup sellers please! kiss

'IT' aka yahoo-yahoo boys. . . NO WAY! kiss
NO DOCTORS PLEASE. . .TOO ANTI-SOCIAL AND LOCAL! kiss
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 29, 2013
God Forbid I marry a lawyer like me!
*shudders*
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 30, 2013
Re: Husband and Wife in the same Profession? by Tobiegal(f): 8:48am On Jan 30, 2013
Dont see what wrong in been in the same profession.

My brother and his wife are both accountants... they both attend ican summit n all that stuff together...

They even help each other out, when the need arises... but they obviously are not in the same coy.

I think its cool sha...couples in the same profession.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? / Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby. / Married But Bored And Lonely??, Meet Other Married People Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.