Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,419 members, 7,932,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 04:11 AM

The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States (24274 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by YorubaOmoge: 9:25pm On Mar 09, 2013
Never been there. Will never go there.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by purpinkx(m): 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2013
Gosh !!! It's worst here in london ... I remember last week i went to renew my BIS they told me to ... ...

# shey everybody dey live for london now ? #
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by BUSHMAN1: 9:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
grin grin grin grin i will spend my own here in england you can join me if you like you can go to ghana and spend yours
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by BUSHMAN1: 9:34pm On Mar 09, 2013
and where are we going to spend the share?[/quote] grin grin grin grin i will spend my own here in england you can join me if you like you can go to ghana and spend yours
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by violent(m): 9:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
vokal_guy: I was on the phone with a friend of mine yesterday who was telling me about her experience at the Embassy of the FRN in Washington D.C. Here are the issues currently facing this embassy.

So the question I am asking is who do we blame for this shenanigan? We are the ‘giant of Africa’; our embassy should be filled with people who are WELL QUALIFIED to do the job, not with people who got the job because their mother is a friend of the big boss. Everybody should be treated equally irrespective of what your status is. My suggestion will be to close the embassy down for a few months, weed out the incompetent workers, hire dedicated workers, and hire an accountant! (That embassy is making money but it is going to the wrong pockets), upgrade the technology in there and reopen it.

***dies** after getting to the bolded bit.

Giants of Africa indeed.

2 Likes

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by vokalguy(m): 9:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
Rastamann:

Is a notebook not a good technology? At least a laptop notebook is an improvement OR is that not what they have?

This problem did not start today. Many times you even pay a higher price than you will pay in Nigeria to get your passport renewed or replaced. In fact, you will be lucky if all your documents are not given to another person. All Nigerian Embassies are all inefficient. They do not care about the well-being of Nigerians abroad and that is one of the reasons most countries treat Nigerians as shit without any opposition from the Nigerian government or its agents abroad.

I keep wondering for how long we gonna continue with this trend in Nigeria.

Oh the notebook am referring to is a regular notebook, not a notebook/laptop. As in pen and notebook lol

1 Like

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by potentpraise: 9:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
If the head is bend, how do you expect the body to be straight?

If Jonathan got there by corruption and by who you know, what do you expect in Nigeria Embassy.
Just forget you have an Embassy anywhere outside Nigeria and if you are in Nigeria, forget you have a government, because all of them have calabash head.

2 Likes

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by vislabraye(m): 9:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
We shouldn't be surprised. I'm sure there are also cobwebs.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by BUSHMAN1: 9:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
the other day i went to get my son a naija passport, they didnt even have a pen to write and one of them was asking me to buy him burger and coffe before he can Lend me his own personal pen..Lol..odikwa egwuo!

2 Likes

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by An0nimus: 9:51pm On Mar 09, 2013
Why can't they employ Nigerians staying(or have been staying) in America?
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Symphony007: 9:55pm On Mar 09, 2013
This is a problem facing most west african countries. Funding and mainting local agencies is dismal talk less of embassies miles away.that is why i sugest ecowas embassies. Just like commonwealth embassies being planned which will be embassy mergers between canada,u.k,australia and new zealand. Ecowas embassies will cut cost, increase productivity and stamp out the incompetence and corruption associated with local ministries of foreign affairs.

3 Likes

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by BUSHMAN1: 10:01pm On Mar 09, 2013
Symphony007: This is a problem facing most west african countries. Funding and mainting local agencies is dismal talk less of embassies miles away.that is why i sugest ecowas embassies. Just like commonwealth embassies being planned which will be embassy mergers between canada,u.k,australia and new zealand. Ecowas embassies will cut cost, increase productivity and stamp out the incompetence and corruption associated with local ministries of foreign affairs.
inteligent idea
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by JW214: 10:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
Service in Nigeria house London is not different, it is the only mission house around that you will see long queue with people hanging around due to the poor service of managing their appointments with people.

When you apply for a new passport issue or renewal, you have to travel to London 2 times, 1st do the biometric thing, the 2nd time to collect it, then I ask myself, can't the mission partner with Royal Mail or other courier service company to deliver your passport to your door which will cost less than £10 for next day delivery?

As at 2011, I had to travel to London from West Midland(about 2hrs costing about £30 on rail) for collection of a passport that about £10 can get to my door.

It is just a shame

2 Likes

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by MrSenator1(m): 10:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
Guys, take it easy on Nigeria. It is called Nigerian Embassy in US. The Embassy is suppose to represent the country. The embassy only reflects the state of Nigeria. Embassies don't lie.

4 Likes

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by blackbeau1(f): 10:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
That is Nigeria for you.get used to it. Tribalism,favouritism,bribery and corruption are the order of the day
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by blackbeau1(f): 10:42pm On Mar 09, 2013
potentpraise: If the head is bend, how do you expect the body to be straight?

If Jonathan got there by corruption and by who you know, what do you expect in Nigeria Embassy.
Just forget you have an Embassy anywhere outside Nigeria and if you are in Nigeria, forget you have a government, because all of them have calabash head.
Get your facts straight. Jonathan didn't become president through corrupt means.people voted for him cause they believed he would be their messaiah esp since they believed he would understand what it means to live in poverty. Now abt the 2015 case,I can't promise u that he won't rig the election because personally,I'll help him rig it.

2 Likes

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Benzora(m): 10:45pm On Mar 09, 2013
This story is either the same or worse everywhere you go. I was in Canada and was invited by the High Commissioner (not the current one)for a speech by the former US ambassador to Nigeria in one of the Canadian Universities. He asked me and one other to join him to the venue in his official car. We got there ahead of schedule but were kept outside on a bitterly cold winter morning. While waiting,there was this youngman who had driven all the way from Toronto to the High Commission in Ottawa just to go apply for his passport. He narrated his experience and I felt really sorry for him. The entire environment was an eye sore. The disposition of the staff to duty was shameful. He eventually sent for us after being reminded because he had forgotten he invited us and we were out in the cold for a while. It was not funny. High Commissioner without events diary.

2 Likes

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by dbride: 10:51pm On Mar 09, 2013
I have said it before and I say it again, those embassies should be closed down, all staff should come home, get new trained competent hands to man them. I always pray that nigerians in diaspora would do just what those in Senegal did the other day. This is the only way we can get the attention of the presidency.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Omoboy(m): 10:58pm On Mar 09, 2013
As per the embassy in London they well organised now than before.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Revolva(m): 11:06pm On Mar 09, 2013
National disaster --Nigeria shame to you
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by mjconcept(m): 11:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
BUSH MAN: same here in london,infact i am embarrased to call myself a nigerian some times,even the british embassy treat me with more respect than my own country embassy, infact why dont we sell this mess of a country called nigeria to the chinese and we all share the money and every body go their way with their share
Bushman.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by mjconcept(m): 11:08pm On Mar 09, 2013
Revolva: National disaster --Nigeria shame to you
Shame to you.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by Reyspin(m): 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2013
BUSH MAN: same here in london,infact i am embarrased to call myself a nigerian some times,even the british embassy treat me with more respect than my own country embassy, infact why dont we sell this mess of a country called nigeria to the chinese and we all share the money and every body go their way with their share
It mite seem unpatriotic of me to like this ur comment but na on point yarn...
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by mjconcept(m): 11:15pm On Mar 09, 2013
BUSH MAN: the other day i went to get my son a naija passport, they didnt even have a pen to write and one of them was asking me to buy him burger and coffe before he can Lend me his own personal pen..Lol..odikwa egwuo!
Bushman.
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by rapcy(m): 11:15pm On Mar 09, 2013
What is making me angry is d fact that we post all diz stuffz here bt we do nothing abt it. I think its time we begin to act, let's join hands n try to change some things... We keep cmplng bt we don't act... Let's try to publish some on news paper n try to foward some to reasonable people( I believe there are some) in high places... Let's try to change diz country... There's neva a harm in trying...

4 Likes

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by mjconcept(m): 11:16pm On Mar 09, 2013
BUSH MAN:

and where are we going to spend the share? grin grin grin grin i will spend my own here in england you can join me if you like you can go to ghana and spend yours
Bushman
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by agent22: 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
MAY GOD PUNISH AWOLOWO, GOWON, OBASANJO, DANJUMA, IBB, N THAT SICK MAN ADEKUNLE, ZIK ETC FOR KEEPING US IN THIS SHAMBLE UNION. RIP OJUKWU
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by AMvanquish: 11:22pm On Mar 09, 2013
Symphony007: This is a problem facing most west african countries. Funding and mainting local agencies is dismal talk less of embassies miles away.that is why i sugest ecowas embassies. Just like commonwealth embassies being planned which will be embassy mergers between canada,u.k,australia and new zealand. Ecowas embassies will cut cost, increase productivity and stamp out the incompetence and corruption associated with local ministries of foreign affairs.

Great idea...let's see how the common wealth model works out 1st

1 Like

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by mjconcept(m): 11:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
purpinkx: Gosh !!! It's worst here in london ... I remember last week i went to renew my BIS they told me to ... ...

# shey everybody dey live for london now ? #
grin grin grin grin
Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by mjconcept(m): 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2013
agent22: MAY GOD PUNISH AWOLOWO, GOWON, OBASANJO, DANJUMA, IBB, N THAT SICK MAN ADEKUNLE, ZIK ETC FOR KEEPING US IN THIS SHAMBLE UNION. RIP OJUKWU
No,you are wrong,this is never a shameful union we should be ashamed of ourselves for the bad happening to us, we caused all of it and is it we that must make it to work.

1 Like

Re: The State Of The Nigerian Embassy In The United States by mjconcept(m): 11:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
potentpraise: If the head is bend, how do you expect the body to be straight?

And who got those corrupt leaders into power?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beautiful Photos From Rivers State / UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK / Edo Mass Transit: 75 New Buses, Ultra-modern Terminals, Cashless Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.