Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,710 members, 7,972,621 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 02:27 PM

Cheapest Soup - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cheapest Soup (24473 Views)

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / How To Cook Delicious Achi And Okazi Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cheapest Soup by Sharrks: 1:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
Concoction okro soup
Re: Cheapest Soup by Ebestsmscom: 1:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
pareto: Poverty section? God help us.

You need medical attention asap.

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Soup by tonididdy(m): 1:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
with N60 you can
N20 for groundnut
N10 pepper
N20 crayfish
N5 maggi
bone oil
oh u still have N5 change.so you have yourself groundnut soup:shey u dey hungry ni

2 Likes

Re: Cheapest Soup by rezzy: 1:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
I think Banga soup is the cheaest. When i was in skool thats what i love cooking d most.
In Delta state palmnut is normally cheap. Buy palmnut #100, spices #50, meat depending on your pocket. Then, you can start your cooking.
Re: Cheapest Soup by greedie1(f): 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
White soup ( nsala) ...u wont even spend up to 1000#
Re: Cheapest Soup by Ebestsmscom: 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
tonididdy: with N60 you can
N20 for groundnut
N10 pepper
N20 crayfish
N5 maggi
bone oil
oh u still have N5 change.so you have yourself groundnut soup:shey u dey hungry ni

You're wicked!

LMAO.
Re: Cheapest Soup by naijathings(m): 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
smiley
20 naira pepper
5 naira pure water
beg ur neighbour for pinch of salt
5 naira maggi too

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Soup by IYANGBALI: 1:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
Pelummy: cook ogbono,okro or vegatable soup.or u can make stew depends on ur pocket.
when would you come to my place and cook all these for me?thereafter we go next to heaven with 2 legs up grin

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Soup by IYANGBALI: 1:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
rezzy: I think Banga soup is the cheaest. When i was in soup thats what i love cooking d most.
In Delta state palmnut is normally cheap. Buy palmnut #100, spices #50, meat depending on your pocket. Then, you can start your cooking.
when you were soup?na wa o,na who come bring you out of the soup now?

3 Likes

Re: Cheapest Soup by bongila(f): 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
Try making Achi soup. Ingredients: A cup of Achi:N50,salt:N10,dry pepper:N20,crayfish;50,smoked fish;200,stockfish;150,perewinkle;50,Oziza leaves;50,Palm Oil;N70,maggi;10,meat;depending on your pocket,onions:N20.
Season and cook the meat for about 6mins,add the stockfish,perewinkle,smoked fish to the meat and let it steam for another 3mins.
Add water as needed. Add the grounded Achi and stir,make sure that lumps don't form when adding the Achi. Let it cook for 1min before adding crayfish,maggi,pepper and salt to taste. Add the oil and the cut leaves to the pot give it 30secs and Viola! You are done.

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Soup by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2013
bongila: Try making Achi soup. Ingredients: A cup of Achi:N50,salt:N10,dry pepper:N20,crayfish;50,smoked fish;200,stockfish;150,perewinkle;50,Oziza leaves;50,Palm Oil;N70,maggi;10,meat;depending on your pocket,onions:N20.
Season and cook the meat for about 6mins,add the stockfish,perewinkle,smoked fish to the meat and let it steam for another 3mins.
Add water as needed. Add the grounded Achi and stir,make sure that lumps don't form when adding the Achi. Let it cook for 1min before adding crayfish,maggi,pepper and salt to taste. Add the oil and the cut leaves to the pot give it 30secs and Viola! You are done.
Lovely, I'm sure u'll make a good wife/Manager smiley
Re: Cheapest Soup by maneagle(m): 1:26pm On Mar 16, 2013
Okoro is d cheapest nd easies soup any one can cook, adding ogbono into it will last you a week plus, even if u eat it twice a day.... Frnds come and eat, its okoro nd ogbono soup.

2 Likes

Re: Cheapest Soup by Aafulenu(f): 1:28pm On Mar 16, 2013
i will say nsala soup if u are igbo. i remember cooking that soup with less than 150 including fish.
fish --- 100
utazi-- 5 naira
uziza - 5naira
inshort most of the ingredients are btw 5 and 10 naira. u will even use and remain. it doesnt require oil of any kind.
note: am assuminh u have pepper,crayfish,salt, maggi at home.

2 Likes

Re: Cheapest Soup by rezzy: 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
IYA NGBALI: when you were soup?na wa o,na who come bring you out of the soup now?
hahahahh, i meant to spell skool. Thanks
Re: Cheapest Soup by EMMABC1(m): 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2013
that disgusting and very very oily soup prepared by one tribe.
Re: Cheapest Soup by chucky234(m): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2013
White soup ( ofe nsala) will do a lot of good to your pocket as its pocket friendly, all need is any amount of either iced fish,smoked fish,meat mixed with crayfish.
How to prepare:
Add either of meat,fish and the crayfish after washing into a boiling water (minimal qty),add pepper and allow to boil for about 10mins then add salt and seasoning (maggi/knorr) and allow to boil for additional 20mins. You can little qty of eba,semovita or pounded yam to thicken the soup,bring it down after 5mins and its ready to go with either eba, semovita, pounded yam or fufu (akpu).
Re: Cheapest Soup by double08(m): 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
Spider soup, grin check the four corners of your room and voila you are good to go

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Soup by lacicrips(m): 1:45pm On Mar 16, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Ila alasepo,with 500 naira your pot of soup would take kia of your belle for 6 months
grin
Nawao! Some dey chop dey throw away. God help us.
Re: Cheapest Soup by olusola200: 1:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
Fish 200,
Ponmon 100
Oil. 25
Peper 50
Tomato 50
Onion. 20
Salt. 10
Maggie 20
Okro. 50
Garri. 100
Derica rice 120
Under 1k for 6 person
Re: Cheapest Soup by Davidson267(m): 1:47pm On Mar 16, 2013
Nice 1 but U guys ar just advising my bro 2 keep his soup in freezer as if we dnt knw dat we dnt have stable electricity supply in 'niger area'
Re: Cheapest Soup by rezzy: 1:53pm On Mar 16, 2013
EMMA BC: that disgusting and very very oily soup prepared by one tribe.
Abeg which soup is that?
Re: Cheapest Soup by caesaraba(m): 1:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
Davidson267: Nice 1 but U guys ar just advising my bro 2 keep his soup in freezer as if we dnt knw dat we dnt have stable electricity supply in 'niger area'

Toh, he can warm it each day as an alternative. It's not easy for guys to cook soups that last only one day. Na girls get that kind power cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Soup by ultimatebunmi1(f): 2:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
pareto: Poverty section? God help us.
,y are u like this,if u know u are too rich u can start sowing ur money as cloth to put on,oga Get a Life and stop been too fake.

3 Likes

Re: Cheapest Soup by seniormallam(m): 2:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
tjskii: Try okro soup,u can buy lik 100naira okro,50naira ugu leaves(spinach)buy palmoil(lik a quarter,shudnt be more than 70naira)smoked fish(200)drypepper(10naira),meat(500naira deprndin on ur pocket),crayfish(50N)total of about 1k,and u can eat d soup bout 6-7times,if ure d only one.
Simple to make too,after u boil ur meat,put d stock(meat water )on fire,add palmoil,maggi,salt,drypepper,smokedfish,crayfish and bring to boil,add ur okro(u can add in a little wateer),after bout 8mins add ur ugu leaves,leav to simmer for bout 5mins and uv got urself a healthy nutricious meal that is easy on d pocket

Note; don't put iru in d soup o,it has a way of makin d soup look and taste not so fresh
nice one baby, I'll try this
Re: Cheapest Soup by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
Good soup na money make am. U can cook any tin wit any amount u av.
Re: Cheapest Soup by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
ewedu
Re: Cheapest Soup by Gabrielsylar(m): 2:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
Water pepper soup......
Re: Cheapest Soup by Damseluc(f): 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
Ofor soup is cheap, nutritious and delicious. It can cost about #900 and u can use it for about 5-6 times.
Ingredients
meat =#400
stock fish = #200
Ofor = #50
Cameroon pepper= #20
palm oil = #50
crayfish= #50
Uziza leaf = #30
Ukazi or Ugu leaf = #50
knor cubes= #20
salt to taste.
How to prepare
* cook the meat and stock fish till tender, spice it with salt pepper and maggi.
* after that heat ur palm oil but don't bleach then pour the Ofor and fry for just 2 min.
* add the cooked meat and stock fish and other Ingredients.
* allow to boil for a few minute say 25 mins, stir at intervals to avoid lumps and add enough water to it as it is always very thick.
* add the already sliced uziza and ukazi or ugu leave.
* allow to boil for another 10 mins.
Serve with eba fufu, semo. FOOD IS READY.

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Soup by Bashoruntolu(m): 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mr.Sinister:

Thanks a lot!

Tomato Pasta soup, goes with diff. varieties of food which includes Bread, Gari, Fufu, Semo, Pounded yam...
Gino tin tomato - N40
Dry grounded pepper, atakuku - N10
Maggi star - N10 L.beans, iru - N10, Monamona snake meat - free
NOW Yyhu can have ur 3 square meal complete without bin insulted by d next-door lady!
Re: Cheapest Soup by packman: 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
chucky234: White soup ( ofe nsala) will do a lot of good to your pocket as its pocket friendly, all need is any amount of either iced fish,smoked fish,meat mixed with crayfish.
How to prepare:
Add either of meat,fish and the crayfish after washing into a boiling water (minimal qty),add pepper and allow to boil for about 10mins then add salt and seasoning (maggi/knorr) and allow to boil for additional 20mins. You can little qty of eba,semovita or pounded yam to thicken the soup,bring it down after 5mins and its ready to go with either eba, semovita, pounded yam or fufu (akpu).
GUY DIS SOUP NA SUCIDE MISSION

2 Likes

Re: Cheapest Soup by Panshow(m): 2:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
MIYAN KUKA: Just buy N30 kuka, N50 fish, N20 palm oil, N10 maggi, N10 dry pepper. Total=N120 and there you go. Yum yum.
Re: Cheapest Soup by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
boron10:
I wonder what people enjoy in Okra soup. Would rather stay hungry than eat with Okra soup. The thought of swallowing Eba or poundo with Okra soup makes me wanna puke. Eeeeeeew angry
gbam! u re jst lik me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Food Taste Better The Next Day -. Photo / Be Warned! That Rice Could Be Fake / Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.