Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,779 members, 7,918,462 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 10:31 AM

GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren (23942 Views)

Bigadier-General Sule Zakari Is Director-General Of NYSC Now (Photo) / Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Region Of Director-General's Of SSS since 1999-till date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Duru1(m): 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
This Harold Demuren is a typical paper tiger certain section of Nigeria tends applaud. I have waited to read he redesigned the hangers and upgraded the hydraulic service stations at Nigerian airports. Also that he incorporated technical schools to give young Nigerian engineers a head start on hydraulics and other aeronautic trades. In fact, I have not read any tangible thing he has done as an indigenous engineer to promote growth among young Nigerian engineers in the aviation sector.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by EkoIle1: 3:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
Duru1: This Harold Demuren is a typical paper tiger certain section of Nigeria tends applaud. I have waited to read he redesigned the hangers and upgraded the hydraulic service stations at Nigerian airports. Also that he incorporated technical schools to give young Nigerian engineers a head start on hydraulics and other aeronautic trades. In fact, I have not read any tangible thing he has done as an indigenous engineer to promote growth among young Nigerian engineers in the aviation sector.

Unfortunately for you, he was not your minister for education, he was not your minister for science and technology, he was never your dumb and incompetent. These clowns are responsible for what you are crying about and you give them billions every year to carry out that responsibility, not Mr Demuren.

No wonder all odechukwu supporters are all mentally misplaced and low grade thinkers just like odechukwu himself..

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by talktimi(m): 3:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

Unfortunately for you, he was not your minister for education, he was not your minister for science and technology, he was never your dumb and incompetent. These clowns are responsible for what you are crying about and you give them billions every year to carry out that responsibility, not Mr Demuren.

No wonder all odechukwu supporters are all mentally misplaced and low grade thinkers just like odechukwu himself..
a typical case of severe lack of home training and public decorum. Hardly can you post a comment without hurling insults and abusive words. You sir are indeed the only wise man in Nigeria cool
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by EkoIle1: 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2013
talktimi: a typical case of severe lack of home training and public decorum. Hardly can you post a comment without hurling insults and abusive words. You sir are indeed the only wise man in Nigeria cool

See guilty conscience. You are obviously on of the mentally misplaced and low grade thinkers just like odechukwu himself.

Dude, I know you think other men on NL are fhagotts just like you, but you are wrong so quit chasing me all over the place for di!ck. Curb your ghayyy erections and save them for your kind you miserable d1!ck loving fhagott.

Since you have home training, your parents must have told you to not to chase men around with your erections like a fhagg.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by talktimi(m): 4:12pm On Mar 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

See guilty conscience. You are obviously on of the mentally misplaced and low grade thinkers just like odechukwu himself.

Dude, I know you think other men on NL are fhagotts just like you, but you are wrong so quit chasing me all over the place for di!ck. Curb your ghayyy erections and save them for your kind you miserable d1!ck loving fhagott.

Since you have home training, your parents must have told you to not to chase men around with your erections like a fhagg.
this is just typical of you so I'm immune to your rantings but pls try and change. You can send your points across without insulting or using abusive words. Its just so razz. ;Ð
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Duru1(m): 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

You are a bloody tribal irredentist who can not reason beyond your dirty nose. In developed countries must of the innovation and grass root technical advancement take root at the agency level. Education ministries are mainly concerned with policies governing schools and curricula.

If I say you are a dumbass fool base on the above post, it must be regarded as heavy handed compliment.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by EkoIle1: 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2013
Duru1:

You are a bloody tribal irredentist who can not reason beyond your dirty nose. In developed countries must of the innovation and grass root technical advancement take root at the agency level. Education ministries are mainly concerned with policies governing schools and curricula.

If I say you are a dumbass fool base on the above post, it must be regarded as heavy handed compliment.

Is the FCAA the federal agency responsible for educating and training your engineers and do you allocate to them funds to carry out that obligation? When you come back with another ignorant response, make sure you come back with a copy of the functions of the FCAA stipulating that they educate and train engineers including the federal funding for that purpose.

You are just another sad by product of odechukwu failed education system...
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by EkoIle1: 4:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
talktimi: this is just typical of you so I'm immune to your rantings but pls try and change. You can send your points across without insulting or using abusive words. Its just so razz. ;Ð

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by TheBeam(m): 4:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

Is the FCAA the federal agency responsible for educating and training your engineers and do you allocate to them funds to carry out that obligation. When you come back with another ignorant response, make sure you come back with a copy of the functions of the FCAA stipulating that they educate and train engineers including the federal funding for that purpose.

Eko Ile: you should be living alone in a bush! The only thing that'd make me proud about u is if someone miraculously revealed u're not a nigerian!

This country has enough problems without morally bankrupt and utterly irresponsible near animals like you!

The stupidity and vileness of your language and thought is appalling even by gutter standards..... I seriously pity anyone directly related to you!
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by EkoIle1: 4:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
The Beam:

Eko Ile: you should be living alone in a bush! The only thing that'd make me proud about u is if someone miraculously revealed u're not a nigerian!

This country has enough problems without morally bankrupt and utterly irresponsible near animals like you!

The stupidity and vileness of your language and thought is appalling even by gutter standards..... I seriously pity anyone directly related to you!

lol @ Another odechukwu groupie. Why not help the other clown address the questions I posed instead of this washed out rubbish? Make yourself useful for a change.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Duru1(m): 4:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

Is the FCAA the federal agency responsible for educating and training your engineers and do you allocate to them funds to carry out that obligation. When you come back with another ignorant response, make sure you come back with a copy of the functions of the FCAA stipulating that they educate and train engineers including the federal funding for that purpose.

Your posts are very irresponsible. In fact, they do not deserve a response. In USA, FAA does not graduate engineers but help provide growth and advancement in certain fields in aviation sector.

In my previous posts, there was no iota of allusion that agency graduates engineers. It sucks to be a jackass such as you.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by EkoIle1: 4:46pm On Mar 12, 2013
Duru1:

Your posts are very irresponsible. In fact, they do not deserve a response. In USA, FAA does not graduate engineers but help provide growth and advancement in certain fields in aviation sector.

In my previous posts, there war iota of allusion that agency graduates engineers. It sucks to be jackass such as you.

You are talking about policies, but you forgot that you've already cluelessly gave that responsibility to you incompetent federal education agency and ministries.

You also need show me where the FAA formulate education policies as part of it's FAA obligations.

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by EkoIle1: 4:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
Btw, don't let guilty conscience kill you because I did not say anything about graduating anybody. Obviously another one of your failed odechukwu education system and inability to read and comprehend.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by TheBeam(m): 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
ZACHIE: Notable Achievements
Dr. Demuren (left) receiving the 2011 IATA African Aviation "Personality of the Year" Award from IATA President John Tyler in Morocco in Nov 2011.

• 2011 IATA African Aviation "Personality of the Year" – Nov 2011[12]

• 2010 Flight Safety Foundation "Laura Taber Barbour Air Safety Award" - Nov 2010[13]

• 1st African to be elected President of ICAO General Assembly - Sept 2010[10]

• Obtained U.S. FAA Category 1 Certification for Nigeria (6th African Country) - Aug 2010[8]

• Led Nigeria to successfully complete the ICAO Universal Safety Audit - 2006, 2008 & 2010[2]

• Led Nigeria to successful completion of the Aviation Security Audit of Murtala Mohammed International Airport and Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport by the United States of American Transportation Security Administration (TSA) - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010[2]

• Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society – 2008[14]

• Fellow of Nigeria Academy of Engineering – 2008[15]

• Fellow of the Chartered Engineers (UK)[15]

• 2008 Thisday Awards "Regulator of the Year" - 2008[16]
Dr. Demuren (left) with TSA Assistant Administrator, John Halinski (right), after signing a US/Nigeria Security Pact at the TSA Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia in June 2011

• Launched the IATA E-ticket / Billing and Settlement Plan (BSP) regime which revolutionized the Air travel industry in Nigeria – 2008[15]

• Strived for the rapid passage of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Autonomy Bill into Law - 2006[2]

• Implementing the Cape Town Convention replacing Old-Age Aircrafts in Nigeria - 2006[17]

• Re-established confidence in the Nigerian traveling public and international community after the tragic Air disasters of 2005[2]

• Introduced a new Civil Aviation Safety Regulations that ensured Safety Oversight of all aviation activities in Nigeria in compliance ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs).[2]

• Laid the foundation of the National Civil Aviation Policy for Nigeria[2]

• Longest serving Director General of Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) – Dec 2005 to (MARCH 11TH, 2013)[b][/b]

• 1st and only African Member in the Board of Governors of Flight Safety Foundation – 2003 to Present[2][5]

• President, Flight Safety Foundation (FSF) West Africa – 2003 to Present[2][5]

• Co-Founder of Afrijet Airlines (1998)[2]

I just updated Wikipedia....yippie

Sir,
While your line of argument initially looks correct, logical reasoning points out that your conclusion that he's the best ever candidate for the job, based on the wrong assumption that the strength of his qualifications alone make him untouchable by all other candidates is faulty.

Certs and books do not necessarily make a person the best option for a role. There are several other factors to consider and while our past DG may have possessed these in abundant quality, there might just be someone better out there.

So if we should base our arguments on so and so awards, then OBJ (arguably the worst leader in Nigerian history) should have been left as life president so as not to upset the balance and he had loads of awards too. I mean he still chairs a lot of committees on Ecowas and AU boards.

Or let's take Barcelona for example, they had an excellent coach in Rijkaard who just had a bad season and they ousted him for Guardiola because, the mgt saw that in the grand scheme of things, Pep was a better choice in the long-term than Rijkaard even though no one knew him then especially compared to Rijkaard's excellent credentials.

The only problem/difficulty I see in this debacle is the assumption we'll have to make that GEJ and his team of incompetents who don't even know how to perform the most basic of functions actually has considered the long-term implication of leaving Demuren in office and decided it wasn't wise.

These questions of tribalism and politicising of appointments would not have arisen if we had a credible administrator as a president!

But then, the joke is on us; WE ELECTED HIM!

NB: I'm a Nigerian and I don't belong 2 any tribe.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by talktimi(m): 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

SMH, your case is very pathetic. Well sha its easier for cowards to sit behind a computer screen spouting trash & acting all powerful but its a different story when push comes to shove. Nuff said razz kid... cool
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by EkoIle1: 5:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
talktimi: SMH, your case is very pathetic. Well sha its easier for cowards to sit behind a computer screen spouting trash & acting all powerful but its a different story when push comes to shove. Nuff said razz kid... cool

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 12, 2013
BetaThings:

Tell us about the PH "debacle". So NCAA should be held responsible for military aviation safety?
In the case of Dana, even Group Captain Obakpolor who was appointed by Aviation Minister exonerated Demuren
Tell us how Nebo who is less than 1 month on the job is a professional and Demuren is not
Tell us why a man whose tenure saw the return of direct flights between Nigeria and US has not improved processes
Tell us how airlines have been cutting corners
Last time I heard it was FAAN MD that was complaining about Arik's refusal to pay airport charges due to Arik's "connections". So how come Arik's MD was not sacked
Because he's Igbo. Don't ask me how come, its in the gene.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by texazzpete(m): 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
The Beam:

Sir,
While your line of argument initially looks correct, logical reasoning points out that your conclusion that he's the best ever candidate for the job, based on the wrong assumption that the strength of his qualifications alone make him untouchable by all other candidates is faulty.

Certs and books do not necessarily make a person the best option for a role. There are several other factors to consider and while our past DG may have possessed these in abundant quality, there might just be someone better out there.

So if we should base our arguments on so and so awards, then OBJ (arguably the worst leader in Nigerian history) should have been left as life president so as not to upset the balance and he had loads of awards too. I mean he still chairs a lot of committees on Ecowas and AU boards.

You many not 'belong to any tribe' but you've got severe issues comprehending written English. how exactly are the following

• Obtained U.S. FAA Category 1 Certification for Nigeria (6th African Country) - Aug 2010[8]

• Led Nigeria to successfully complete the ICAO Universal Safety Audit - 2006, 2008 & 2010[2]

• Led Nigeria to successful completion of the Aviation Security Audit of Murtala Mohammed International Airport and Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport by the United States of American Transportation Security Administration (TSA) - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010[2]

• Launched the IATA E-ticket / Billing and Settlement Plan (BSP) regime which revolutionized the Air travel industry in Nigeria – 2008[15]

• Strived for the rapid passage of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Autonomy Bill into Law - 2006[2]

• Implementing the Cape Town Convention replacing Old-Age Aircrafts in Nigeria - 2006[17]

• Re-established confidence in the Nigerian traveling public and international community after the tragic Air disasters of 2005[2]

• Introduced a new Civil Aviation Safety Regulations that ensured Safety Oversight of all aviation activities in Nigeria in compliance ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs).[2]

'Certificates and books' as you dismissively refer to them?
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by TheBeam(m): 5:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
motif8:

if u don't have fact there is no reason wjhy u shoul post my man, how many plane crashed during his time? it is not only dana that d so called aviation minister and hjer people planned to edge demure out? it is not dat demuren shoul stay forever but i tell u they cant replace him for now. a man that close 12am and resume 5am everyday and within that short hours he called airort time to time to make sure staffs are on duty. apart from dat thjere is no aircraft jhe cant fly to know jhow healthy it is. he has grounded so many scrap all tjhis stakeholders broughjt as plane and they are not happy.

but guess what in the next 2 or 3 month he will be hired by Russia aviation or US because the know his worth

Motif8: ur opening statement is actually an unfortunate function of the despicable state of Nigeria and the non-existence of appropriate monitoring of governance.

Your thinking is:
-Is it not ONLY a plane crash?
-Just a single one shey?
-Compared to all the others we'd been having before, should we not be awarding this man for cleaning up the sector?

Dear friend, in an ideal society, one crash caused by administrative irresponsibility is a crash too many for any administrator under whose watch regulations were so lax that planes with a combination faulty engines and a pilot with a marathon schedule were allowed to take off.

The simple fact that no airport regulation official was recorded as raising an objection gives credibility to the conclusion that this was standard practice.

That ONE CRASH was a testament that he was criminally negligent in the discharge of his duty of care and should be held vicariously liable as has been the case. Should any lawsuit be instituted, u can be sure he would be joined as a co-defendant. And given his credentials, this was someone who actually was trained to operate by the highest standards, but too many years operating as a local champion had eroded his principles.

I don't really think he can get a similar job to this anywhere else except maybe in Niger, Somalia or any other back water country. The best he can hope for is to consult which with his credentials should be easy but assuming Russia or US'll employ him as an administrator in their aviation sector? Haba!
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by hercules07: 5:13pm On Mar 12, 2013
manny4life: IMO, the man may have achieved much, his reputation may as well speak for itself, but let's keep n mind that there are better candidates out there that can revolutionize the aviation industry. While his achievement was there, let's not forget the several mishaps and incursions that has occurred under his watch. He has served his nation well, he should move onto other things.

Yeah there are, but why sack him, why not allow him finish his tenure? He has been dealt a bad hand, hopefully, someone better is appointed.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by talktimi(m): 5:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
The Beam:

Sir,

Or let's take Barcelona for example, they had an excellent coach in Rijkaard who just had a bad season and they ousted him for Guardiola because, the mgt saw that in the grand scheme of things, Pep was a better choice in the long-term than Rijkaard even though no one knew him then especially compared to Rijkaard's excellent credentials.

The only problem/difficulty I see in this debacle is the assumption we'll have to make that GEJ and his team of incompetents who don't even know how to perform the most basic of functions actually has considered the long-term implication of leaving Demuren in office and decided it wasn't wise.

These questions of tribalism and politicising of appointments would not have arisen if we had a credible administrator as a president!

my only problem with Demuren's sacking is the pressure put on the president by our countrys' "aviation stakeholders". Anybody who brings in the issue of tribalism is just a fool in my opinion. This is way beyond an issue as trivial as tribalism & I believe the president should have used his good office to keep Demuren at least till his tenure expires. Those in the houses of assembly are squarely to blame for this distasteful situation.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by TheBeam(m): 5:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
iyammah: Nigerians should know that the sack of Dr. Harold Demuren will result to new era of incessant plane crash. The 2015 is by the corner, blood sucking politicians will have assess to down so many plane for sacrifice. Nigerians should be aware. This effort to remove Dr. H Demuren, I see blood everywhere.

Iyammah: I wanted to comment, then I laughed and changed my mind, then I laughed some more and here I am!

U see blood everywhere? No doubt u have vision that others don't please help us clean up the blood and prevent more from spillin (and now I'm not joking). I'm someone who likes to maintain a certain amount of healthy respect for other peoples' opinions/values so if there's any way u can help us prevent this so-called impending bloodbath kindly help out.

But really, at the rate we're going, do we need ritualist politicians to cause air crashes, our administrators are doing a very good job.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Gbawe2: 5:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
The Beam:

Sir,

You make some very good points but many parts of your arguments are speculative at best. No one is telling you "certs and books" make Demuren the best option. The fact is that his academic and professional talent, to cover the holy grail of solution provision that solidifies reputations, is not in doubt and should not be disparaged by any sensible person. I don't know why he was sacked but we cannot just assume it is because he goofed. We are seeing evidence, daily , that this is a President who will move against anyone perceived a threat to his direct or affiliated political interest.

You ask yourself what Allison-Madueke has made of our Petroleum sector if not mired it in sleaze and corruption to the extent David Cameron had to publicly ask the GEJ government to account for the trillions received through the sector in recent years with Nigeria having nothing to show for that vast amount. After the latest episode of Allison-Madueke making a fool of Nigeria with her open compromise of the Ribadu Petroleum task force, tell me who is more deserving of a sacking in Nigeria than that Lady. Also, we all remember Azazi being sacked after he claimed the PDP was behind Boko Haram. Those are the sort of observations that tell many this is not a President who hires, fires or retain appointees purely on merit and principles. If some now question his motives for sacking Demuren, then they have solid reasons to do so because analytically intelligent people can only make inference from the consistent behaviour of others. If a well-known unrepentant kleptomaniac, would it be wrong for me to assume you may have stolen the watch you are wearing on your ankle instead of your wrist?
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Duru1(m): 5:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

You are talking about policies, but you forgot that you've already cluelessly gave that responsibility to you incompetent federal education agency and ministries.

You also need show me where the FAA formulate education policies as part of it's FAA obligations.

I would have obliged to show you what FAA in USA can do but you seemed to lack average intellect required to comprehend such dosage of knowledge.

Did you not read from previous post where it was stated that "Education ministries are mainly concerned with policies governing schools and curricula"?.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by TheBeam(m): 5:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

lol @ Another odechukwu groupie. Why not help the other clown address the questions I posed instead of this washed out rubbish? Make yourself useful for a change.

Simple: because the sheer vileness and unpleasant language u word your *thoughts* (I seriously doubt u're capable of that) with make any comprehension impossible. Some of us didn't grow up in gutters so we can't really decode ur pathetic language.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
In what way has He become. Complacent? Do you know what it means to operate in a lawless nation without institution of governance? This man brought about so many charges that saw Nigeria skies a safe heaven in fly in again during Obasanjo cum Yar'dua era because He had the backing of the FG to bring sanity to the aviation industry.

Like I said, He should go to Ethiopia, they would value Him big time or better still go to Ghana and go help them strength their Aviation industry and help them get CAT1 status. I am sure then Nigeria will value their own .
why are you soo bitter about d sacking of dis man? They may bring in more competent person to take charge of dat position, besides u cant succide if u dont take risk at times. Pls stop being bitter because it cant chant anytin.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by texazzpete(m): 5:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
Duru1: I have waited to read he redesigned the hangers and upgraded the hydraulic service stations at Nigerian airports. Also that he incorporated technical schools to give young Nigerian engineers a head start on hydraulics and other aeronautic trades. In fact, I have not read any tangible thing he has done as an indigenous engineer to promote growth among young Nigerian engineers in the aviation sector.

Is it his job function to do all that?!

He was being paid with taxpayers' money to carry out a job...he fulfilled the terms of his employment creditably. Why throw in cheap criticisms? Next you'll be heckling him because of the quality of the puff-puff Arik Air serves in-flight.
Nonsense.

Duru1: This Harold Demuren is a typical paper tiger certain section of Nigeria tends applaud.

Someone posted a list of his INTERNATIONAL awards he's won, as well as his membership of esteemed international Engineering societies. He has been applauded in international circles. What's the point having a discussion if you won't even READ?!
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by EkoIle1: 5:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
Duru1:

I would have obliged to show you what FAA in USA can do but

But there is nothing to show or you are too lazy and incompetent to show anything.

You are not fooling me, you are fooling yourself and your likes...

This man has done way more positives in the Nigeria aviation industry than any other Nigerian dead or alive, in fact, he's achieved more in life than your president and his entire cabinet combined.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Myluv1: 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2013
The Beam:

Motif8: ur opening statement is actually an unfortunate function of the despicable state of Nigeria and the non-existence of appropriate monitoring of governance.

Your thinking is:
-Is it not ONLY a plane crash?
-Just a single one shey?
-Compared to all the others we'd been having before, should we not be awarding this man for cleaning up the sector?

Dear friend, in an ideal society, one crash caused by administrative irresponsibility is a crash too many for any administrator under whose watch regulations were so lax that planes with a combination faulty engines and a pilot with a marathon schedule were allowed to take off.

The simple fact that no airport regulation official was recorded as raising an objection gives credibility to the conclusion that this was standard practice.

That ONE CRASH was a testament that he was criminally negligent in the discharge of his duty of care and should be held vicariously liable as has been the case. Should any lawsuit be instituted, u can be sure he would be joined as a co-defendant. And given his credentials, this was someone who actually was trained to operate by the highest standards, but too many years operating as a local champion had eroded his principles.

I don't really think he can get a similar job to this anywhere else except maybe in Niger, Somalia or any other back water country. The best he can hope for is to consult which with his credentials should be easy but assuming Russia or US'll employ him as an administrator in their aviation sector? Haba!

^^^ Talk of giving the dog a bad name just to kill it. It's people like you that earn a living out of cheap blackmail. Smh
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Myluv1: 6:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
Nashoji: why are you soo bitter about d sacking of dis man? They may bring in more competent person to take charge of dat position, besides u cant succide if u dont take risk at times. Pls stop being bitter because it cant chant anytin.

Answer: you don't just met out such treatment (sack) to an individual who diligently discharged his duties and achieved meritoriously what others before him could not. And someone will come and preach coming back home to 'serve'. Rubbish!
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by TheBeam(m): 6:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
texazzpete:

You many not 'belong to any tribe' but you've got severe issues comprehending written English. how exactly are the following

'Certificates and books' as you dismissively refer to them?

Hey,
There was no need to attack my personality sir, just stick to clarifying issues.

I see the list of "awards" now I might have overlooked 'em b4.

So lemme' re-word the phrase as 'Certificates, books and awards'

I like using analogies to simplify issues, let's take S/Eagles and Stephen Keshi 4 example and analyze the list of accomplishment:

If Keshi obtains the highest ever FIFA ranking for the national team without winning any competition will we call him a great coach? No

If he leads the team to successfully complete routine training sessions does that make him an outstanding coach? No

If under his administration, the players pass several doping tests, is he a magnificent coach? Still no.

Similarly, most of these "achievements" u mention are ordinary functions any airport administrator should be able to carry out and the fact that we would now celebrate him for these is pitiable. We are so starved of talent we celebrate all the routine things.

As one commentator had aptly put it above, these are inevitable events that would have occurred in due time anyways and his facilitating them doesn't make him the best in the business, he was just there at the right time.

Fighting for passage of bills, trying to replace old crafts, these are all initiatives that have been on ground several decades before him.

The IATA E-ticket achievement is more credible but question still remains: is this an accomplishment his initiative and did he single-handedly start and finish it? Or it was a continuation of efforts of others who were like-minded.

In conclusion, Does Mikel Obi's simple pass that led to a goal make him the best midfielder in Chelsea? No! Of course he may be good, but performing a routine function for which you are paid millions is nothing special.

It's when u distinguish urself at it above your counterparts in other similarly endowed establishments that u can truly be called excellent. Not comparing Nigerian aviation with Beninoise......

Perhaps this will put things in better perspective:

"Dear friend, in an ideal society, one crash caused by administrative irresponsibility is a
crash too many for any administrator under
whose watch regulations were so lax that planes with a combination of faulty engines and a pilot with a marathon schedule were allowed to take off.

The simple fact that no aircraft inspection and regulation official was recorded as raising an objection gives credibility to the conclusion that this was standard practice.

That ONE CRASH was a testament that our DG was
criminally negligent in the discharge of his
duty of care and should be held vicariously
liable as has been the case. Should any lawsuit
be instituted, u can be sure he would be joined as a co-defendant. And given his credentials, this was someone who actually was trained to
operate by the highest standards, but too many years operating as a local champion had
eroded his principles."

Cheers man.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by TheBeam(m): 6:09pm On Mar 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

Simple: because the sheer vileness and unpleasant language u word your *thoughts* (I seriously doubt u're capable of that) with make any comprehension impossible. Some of us didn't grow up in gutters so we can't really decode ur pathetic language.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader / Osinbajo, Tinubu At Fatima Ganduje And Idris Abolaji Ajimobi’s Wedding / Buhari: Those Accusing Me Of Condoning Herdsmen Killings Are Evil

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.