Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,977 members, 7,949,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 06:25 AM

I Need Exercise Tips - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need Exercise Tips (1341 Views)

Important Exercise Tips For Diabetic Patients / 10 Exercise Tips To Get Your Bum In Great Shape / 4 Exercise Tips For The Working Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Exercise Tips by Whitelady1(f): 9:02pm On May 06, 2006
Hello guyz
i need exercise tips for my lower abdomen please. I have a flat tummy but my problem is my lower abdomen, which is becoming rather scary. Please help me if you can.

Thanks
Re: I Need Exercise Tips by mokwuosa(f): 10:23pm On May 06, 2006
You have to be more specific as to what your problem is. If your stomach is flat, then you shouldn't have problems with your lower abs. Are you looking to get more muscle definition in that area or are you trying to focus more on the "love handles?" You just have to be more specific as to what you are seeking help with.
Re: I Need Exercise Tips by Whitelady1(f): 7:48pm On May 07, 2006
Sorry for not being specific. And pardon me if i do not use the right terminologies. But my problem is this: i used to have a flat tummy, and still do, except for the fact that my lower abs is big and bulging due to excess fat, too much muscle,? I really dont know. What i do know is that i want to reduce the muscle, burn the fat, whatever. Please, what exercise(s) should i do to get the desired result?
Re: I Need Exercise Tips by Whitelady1(f): 7:54pm On May 07, 2006
Sorry for not being specific. And pardon me if i do not use the right terminologies. But my problem is this: i used to have a flat tummy, and still do, except for the fact that my lower abs is big and bulging due to excess fat, too much muscle,? I really dont know. I even have problems zipping up my pants! I really want to reduce the abdominal muscles, burn the fat, whatever. Please, what exercise(s) should i do to get the desired result?

Thanx
Re: I Need Exercise Tips by mokwuosa(f): 4:09pm On May 08, 2006
Okay, now I see what you mean.  Do you incorporate cardio in your workout?  If not, you need to include some cardio at least between 25-30 min of cardio of some sort (preferably fat burning cardio).  Then, you need to do stomach crunches.  I prefer to use the machines at the gym that concentrate on the lower abdomen.  However, if you do not go to the gym you can do crunches at home, but be very watchful of your form.  Remember, with crunches the proper method is to perform it slow while concentrating on squeezing the lower abdomen muscles.  You cannot simply do your crunches fast as if you are doing sit-ups. 

Also, another favorite exercise of mine for that area are throw-downs.  This includes you lying on the floor.  Technically this exercise is to be performed with another person because as you lay down on your back, they are supposed to stand above your head (slightly behind your head) with their legs spread shoulder width apart (i.e., in angle with your shoulders).  You then grasp their ankles and lift both your legs up together at the same time (thus, you body is forming an "L" shape).  You must keep your legs together at all times.  Thus, what you do is lift your legs (remember they must be kept together at all times) toward the person standing above you.  Then they are supposed to throw your legs down as if throwing them down to the ground.  Now, here is the part that works the best: you are supposed to let your legs falldown back to the flat position on the floor, BUT do not let your legs touch the ground.  In essence, your legs should be at least an inch from touching the ground.  Do you get it?  This works wonders for your lower abs, and they tighten muscles there for tonage not bulk.  You continue to do this till you can't do it anymore. 

Good luck! grin
Re: I Need Exercise Tips by Whitelady1(f): 8:15pm On May 15, 2006
Wow! Thanks so very much mokwuosa. I sure will try out those exercises you mentioned. I'll keep you informed on my progress. Once again, thanks so much.
Re: I Need Exercise Tips by mokwuosa(f): 9:33pm On May 15, 2006
@ White Lady,

You're welcome. Let me know how those work out.
Re: I Need Exercise Tips by Rlst84sale(m): 3:56am On Apr 07, 2007
Do u watch your food as well?. Light fruits for break fast late, and staying away from animal products and eating more organic vegetables and fruits will help a great deal. Another thing to stay away from is white flour foods, eat whole grain bread without preservatives added. It will help u lot. Good luck
Re: I Need Exercise Tips by JayBaby1(f): 5:11am On Apr 07, 2007
we need to ask Mrs Stella Obasanjo.

(1) (Reply)

Heartbroken / Total Cure For Fibroid / Kidney Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.