Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,194 members, 7,907,215 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 06:10 AM

Hell Is Real! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Is Real! (6962 Views)

If Hell Is Real,then We Are All Doomed For It.(its In The Bible) / Scientist Confirm That Hell Is Real / Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 11:16am On Apr 08, 2013
thehomer: @Pastor Olu T

Did you see my last response detailing the list of misinformation in the Bible?

Yes i saw it, but been busy and would definitely get back to you.
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 12:32pm On Apr 08, 2013
i dont want to believe that you are a selfish person because u are a christian[/b]

Being a christian and abiding by the bible does not in any way make you selfish, the first thing you need to understand is the teachings of the bible , but the way you are going about your search it will be difficult to actually get the teachings. In fact if you truly understand the teachings of the bible, you will know that others are your responsibilities, for God would hold you responsible even for the salvation of their souls. But the way it is you just have to belong by faith first and a whole new world will be opened unto to you, but right now you don't fully belong.

u are saying that as a christian i should i should remain with what is revealed.

As Christians the bible is the standard for us and anything aside from it tends to be misleading, so the question is are a christian or not? The bible enjoins to remain with that which is revealed and not disturb ourselves over matters that are beyond our comprehension or not revealed, though this does not mean we should not search, for the same bible says it is the honor of God to conceal a matter and it is the honor of kings to search it out. This also do not mean that we follow blindly or we do not use our initiatives or discretion, the truth is that we walk in wisdom but not the wisdom of this world but the wisdom that is from above. When you come into the fold fully, you will encounter true wisdom and understand the ways of God more, the bible says He reveals His ways unto Moses but just His acts to the children of Israel, for Moses had a personal relationship with Him.

[b]now what if i were a Muslim? or Hindu? [/b]i[b]if Christianity is the only true religion, why are some people born in different religion, socialized in it and grow seeing it as the true religion.

Thank God you are not born as that for you have a greater hope and even if you are, no hope is lost . The truth is it is not about what religion you are born into, for even many that are born into the christian religion do not find Christ and are lost. People are coming from all over and are developing a relationship with Christ even from the christian religion, the advantage of the christian religion is that you already have the teachings and can easily develop a relationship with Christ. Life in Christ is not a religion, Heavens only recognize two set of people those that have given their lives to Christ and have a relationship with Him and those that have not, so its not about religion.

u are talking of other versions of creation, dont you think that the one in the bible is one of the versions? [

As far as i know the bible is the oldest and most consistent of all the books, you should do a little study about it, though i might not be all that accurate about being the oldest. One thing is certain the bible was born out of the Jewish books, but all the relevant part of those books is still the bible which is why i said it is the oldest. The Jews believed the old testament but not the new because the old is same as theirs. It goes beyond proving the accuracy of the bible because its all about experiences, your relationship with God gives you experiences that you would never need further proofs. Not that your experiences is greater than the bible, it works vice versa your experiences confirms the bible an the bible also confirms your experiences, any experience aside from the bible is false for the bible is the standard.

[b]i am sorry but ur statement above confirms my confusion

The only reason you still stand confused is because you are yet to come to Him in faith undecided

i thought u were going to explain to me how the holy spirit has been operating in your life that makes u outstanding from any other person i have seen that does not have the holy spirit. how is the experience in your life and what is it about u having the holy spirit that makes u different from any other person that does not have it? all these biblical explanation is what is written, i want o know the experience of what is written. or don't u have the holy spirit? [/quote]

Sure enough i have been enjoying the works of the Holy Spirit in my life, but it will still remain the same if i share it, it is either you will not believe or understand, and besides mine is not different from others for it the same Holy Spirit. If i share my experiences as being different from others i might be presenting another spirit to you, though some are not true in the fold, it does not change the fact that the Holy Spirit is true or real, so it is not about anyone of us but Him. It is not about my own personal experiences, though i will be glad to share it with you but not for this purpose. It is all about Christ and all that He has done for us, all this will only remain mysteries to you as long as you are out but when you fully come in, the light will shine on you.

What i would want to say lastly is that i assume you believe the bible lipsrsealed, if yes let us explore the bible together and i tell you will never regret it, but you just have to be open and come by faith. Concerning those that are out there that is other religion, this is the reason it is the duty of every believer to pray for them and also talk to them, in fact it is a command from the scripture and we are liable if we fail.
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2013

1. Plants created before the sun.

Tell me the scripture where God created the sun?

2. Two different creation stories.

Which? be specific please as far as i am concerned there is only one Genesis1.

3. No evidence of Jews in Egypt.

What do you think after all that happened between them? read Exodus chapter 1-14, besides what evidence do you seek?

[b]4. Balaam and the talking donkey.5. Jonah and the big fish.[/b]

why do you consider that impossible, obviously you have not read the bible for it is full of such miraculous and God acts.

6. Jesus and his genealogy.

what about that?

7. Jesus' disciples not dying until the rapture.

Where in the world did you read that, obviously not from the bible

and many many more.[/quote]

Dont think so
Re: Hell Is Real! by thehomer: 3:51am On Apr 10, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
1. Plants created before the sun.

Tell me the scripture where God created the sun?

Come on now just read your Bible. You'll find it in Genesis 1:14 on the fourth day. Plants came in Genesis 1:13 on the third day.

Pastor Olu T:
2. Two different creation stories.

Which? be specific please as far as i am concerned there is only one Genesis1.

And you're wrong. Once more, read your Bible. Genesis 1 to Genesis 1:3 contains one story, Genesis 1:5 to the end is another.

Pastor Olu T:
3. No evidence of Jews in Egypt.

What do you think after all that happened between them? read Exodus chapter 1-14, besides what evidence do you seek?

Archaeological evidence, historical evidence. The information in the Bible is incorrect so reading it won't help.

Pastor Olu T:
[b]4. Balaam and the talking donkey.5. Jonah and the big fish.[/b]

why do you consider that impossible, obviously you have not read the bible for it is full of such miraculous and God acts.

How big is the biggest fish? How small was Jonah? Why should anyone believe those acts?

Pastor Olu T:

6. Jesus and his genealogy.

what about that?

The paths traced in Matthew and Luke are different. Then there's the fact that if he was the son of God and not of Joseph, what was the point of mapping it out?

Pastor Olu T:
7. Jesus' disciples not dying until the rapture.

Where in the world did you read that, obviously not from the bible

You're a curious type of Christian. Obviously, you've not been reading your Bible. Check Matthew 16:28.

Pastor Olu T:
and many many more.

Dont think so

Oh I really could go on. e.g Zombies roaming a city when Jesus died, God's weakness for chariots of iron, God being good yet seeing nothing wrong with slavery. The Bible makes it easy to show its depravity.

Edited for proper quote formatting.
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 1:27pm On Apr 10, 2013
[quote
author=thehomer]

Oh I really could go on. e.g Zombies roaming a city when Jesus died,
God's weakness for chariots of iron, God being good yet seeing nothing
wrong with slavery. The Bible makes it easy to show its
depravity.[/quote]

You said you could go on but all that you have said so far, there is no base for them. For example, Show me from the bible where God created the plant before the sun?
Re: Hell Is Real! by thehomer: 6:00pm On Apr 10, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

You said you could go on but all that you have said so far, there is no base for them. For example, Show me from the bible where God created the plant before the sun?

I already did that in my post. Read Genesis 1:13 and 14. Sorry for the bad formatting there. I'll fix it now.
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 9:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
thehomer:

I already did that in my post. Read Genesis 1:13 and 14. Sorry for the bad formatting there. I'll fix it now.

Did not see it, but i will go over the thread now
Re: Hell Is Real! by thehomer: 9:08am On Apr 11, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Did not see it, but i will go over the thread now

Okay you do that. And please get to know your Bible.
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 7:10pm On Apr 11, 2013
thehomer:

Come on now just read your Bible. You'll find it in Genesis 1:14 on the fourth day. Plants came in Genesis 1:13 on the third day.

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: Genesis 1:14

The light here do not mean the sun, before you get to verse 12 where He created the plants the sun was already created. You might say that is not in the scripture, true the reason is because the creation of the world took several years though because all was just laid out in verses. The world was created before the devil rebelled and was cast down, this you might not believe for your being bias.

And you're wrong. Once more, read your Bible. Genesis 1 to Genesis 1:3 contains one story, Genesis 1:5 to the end is another.

Genesis 1
1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 ¶ And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Did not quote the whole because of its length, there is no difference in the account, this is the reason i said that the sun was created before the plants, this is the account in verse 3.

Archaeological evidence, historical evidence. The information in the Bible is incorrect so reading it won't help.

Reading the bible might not help you but it does me. Look man Science is only trying to catch up with all that the bible has said, just to mention a few, the bible talked about the earth being spherical thousand of years before science knew for sure that the earth is spherical.

How big is the biggest fish? How small was Jonah? Why should anyone believe those acts?

Obviously you dont know about whale, besides this is the reason it is called miracle because you cant just reason it out.

The paths traced in Matthew and Luke are different. Then there's the fact that if he was the son of God and not of Joseph, what was the point of mapping it out?

Know that the bible was translated from Greek to Hebrew and vice versa, there are Hebrew names and Greek names some times it looks like the names are different but not.

You're a curious type of Christian. Obviously, you've not been reading your Bible. Check Matthew 16:28.

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

What in the world do you know about the kingdom, truly said about them not dying, He was not talking about a physical kingdom all He was talking about was the coming of the kingdom (His will, influence, dominion and power) which will be preceded by the Holy Spirit.

Oh I really could go on. e.g Zombies roaming a city when Jesus died, God's weakness for chariots of iron, God being good yet seeing nothing wrong with slavery. The Bible makes it easy to show its depravity.

Edited for proper quote formatting.

What the essence of going on and on, come to think of it, since you believe this things or rather dont believe anything how as your life been in relation to a future and a hope?
Re: Hell Is Real! by thehomer: 8:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

The light here do not mean the sun, before you get to verse 12 where He created the plants the sun was already created. You might say that is not in the scripture, true the reason is because the creation of the world took several years though because all was just laid out in verses. The world was created before the devil rebelled and was cast down, this you might not believe for your being bias.

So what was the light referring to? How do you know this creation took several years? The Bible says it took days.

Pastor Olu T:
Did not quote the whole because of its length, there is no difference in the account, this is the reason i said that the sun was created before the plants, this is the account in verse 3.

Sorry I meant Genesis 1:3 and Genesis 2:5

Pastor Olu T:
Reading the bible might not help you but it does me. Look man Science is only trying to catch up with all that the bible has said, just to mention a few, the bible talked about the earth being spherical thousand of years before science knew for sure that the earth is spherical.

Actually, ancient Greeks knew the earth was spherical hundreds of years before the Bible was written and the shape of the earth isn't clear in the Bible. Science is a modern discipline that wasn't around thousands of years ago.

Pastor Olu T:
Obviously you dont know about whale, besides this is the reason it is called miracle because you cant just reason it out.

I know about the whale but you see, a whale isn't a fish. Sure you say it is a miracle but why should anyone believe it actually happened? If i told you that yesterday, a pastor slept in a big fish for 5 days, would you have believed it?

Pastor Olu T:
Know that the bible was translated from Greek to Hebrew and vice versa, there are Hebrew names and Greek names some times it looks like the names are different but not.

If they could mix up something as straight forward as the genealogy, how do you know they didn't mix up some other parts of the story like his birth, his miracles or his resurrection?

Pastor Olu T:
What in the world do you know about the kingdom, truly said about them not dying, He was not talking about a physical kingdom all He was talking about was the coming of the kingdom (His will, influence, dominion and power) which will be preceded by the Holy Spirit.

It looked like a physical kingdom to me. Just that you Christians have decided that it means something different. According to you Christians, the world is ruled by Satan. Or are you saying that his kingdom is now here?

Pastor Olu T:
What the essence of going on and on, come to think of it, since you believe this things or rather dont believe anything how as your life been in relation to a future and a hope?

Oh I believe something just not your God. The essence of going on is to show you that the Bible makes very little sense. Well generally, my life has been fine with respect to a future and a hope.
Re: Hell Is Real! by Ken4Christ: 2:13am On Apr 12, 2013
thehomer, hell is real. Don't let anyone deceive you. Miracles are real also. The Bible is authentic and reliable.
Answer this question. Do you believe there is a man called Jesus Christ that walked the face of this earth?

If your answer is no, then you are the only one in the entire universe that holds that view. No one has been able to refute that there was a man called Jesus who walked the face of this earth over 2,000 years ago

If your answer is yes, then what do you know about him.

One fact that no one has been able to deny is the historic fact the He died and rose from the dead. There is no history without Jesus. All dating is made with reference to him. Either BC or AD. Even the year you were born is dated with reference to Christ. Without Christ, you cannot state your birth day. Please try. Now this doctrine of hell you are trying to refute was taught by Christ himself. He made claims which no one born on earth has never made. He also backed up his claim. Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. (John 2:19) . Did he not rise up as he said.

Another claim he made is this,

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (John 14:1-3)

Your unbelief will not stop him. He will come certainly come back.

Yet another claim;

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: (John 5:22)

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. (John 12:48)

My friend, you are going to be judged by Jesus and the words he has spoken. You cannot escape Jesus. You either receive him as your Saviour or meet him as your judge.

Let me share with you a glimpse of what will happen in the future as revealed in the book of revelation. The Prophecies will certainly come to pass.

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? (Revelation 6:12-17)

Jesus never spoke a word that did not come to pass. He even said. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. (Matthew 24:35)

You want to see the proof of Jews in Egypt. Read it here - http://creation.com/egyptian-history-and-the-biblical-record-a-perfect-match

Please repent before it is too late. Jesus is the greatest, he is coming back. He is the head of all principality and power. Tell me, do you know any that is greater than Jesus? If not, then why do you identify with less personality. Wisdom demands you should go for the best.

1 Like

Re: Hell Is Real! by Nobody: 4:44am On Apr 12, 2013
lol I was having a debate with a co-worker who too was on that
"there is no evidence of jews having been in egypt" bandwagon...i'm like you can't be serious! grin
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 12:48pm On Apr 12, 2013
thehomer:

So what was the light referring to? How do you know this creation took several years? The Bible says it took days.

1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 ¶ And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Do You ever think God created chaos? Something happened that made the earth made the earth like that (the issue of the devil and the falling angels), so when God called called forth light, He only called forth clarity.

Sorry I meant Genesis 1:3 and Genesis 2:5

And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

It only talked about not raining on the earth yet, no mention or sun or other creation

Actually, ancient Greeks knew the earth was spherical hundreds of years before the Bible was written and the shape of the earth isn't clear in the Bible. Science is a modern discipline that wasn't around thousands of years ago.

Where is your evidence? undecided

I know about the whale but you see, a whale isn't a fish. Sure you say it is a miracle but why should anyone believe it actually happened? If i told you that yesterday, a pastor slept in a big fish for 5 days, would you have believed it?

A whale not being a fish is no excuse for your assumptions, knowledge was limited then and the person that wrote the account can never be crucified for saying a great fish. If there are evidences that a pastor slept in a fish for five days i will believe because i believe in miracles.

If they could mix up something as straight forward as the genealogy, how do you know they didn't mix up some other parts of the story like his birth, his miracles or his resurrection?

I told you its not a mix up, if you read the original Greek or Hebrew bible you would have no doubt about it

It looked like a physical kingdom to me. Just that you Christians have decided that it means something different. According to you Christians, the world is ruled by Satan. Or are you saying that his kingdom is now here?

The meaning of a kingdom from the oxford dictionary;
kingdom
· n.
1 a country, state, or territory ruled by a king or queen.
2 a realm associated with a particular person or thing.
3 the spiritual reign or authority of God. Ø heaven as the abode of God and of the faithful after death.
4 each of the three divisions (animal, vegetable, and mineral) in which natural objects have conventionally been classified. Ø Biology the highest category in taxonomic classification.
– PHRASES come into (or to) one’s kingdom achieve recognition or supremacy. till (or until) kingdom come informal forever. to kingdom come informal into the next world: the truck was blown to kingdom come.
– ORIGIN OE cyningdZm ‘kingship’ (see king, -dom).

Get it, a kingdom also mean a realm associated with a particular person or thing from the dictionary shocked

Oh I believe something just not your God. The essence of going on is to show you that the Bible makes very little sense. Well generally, my life has been fine with respect to a future and a hope.

I will like to know what you believe and what make more sense to you? undecided
Re: Hell Is Real! by thehomer: 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2013
Ken4Christ: thehomer, hell is real. Don't let anyone deceive you. Miracles are real also. The Bible is authentic and reliable.

Is Hell as real as Venus or as real as Shangri-La? What would you say a miracle is? Obviously, the Bible isn't reliable as a book of what the moral action to do is.

Ken4Christ:
Answer this question. Do you believe there is a man called Jesus Christ that walked the face of this earth?

I don't know if there is a man called Jesus but if you're talking about the one in the Bible, you should know that his name wasn't actually Jesus Christ, but arguably Joshua the son of Joseph.

Ken4Christ:
If your answer is no, then you are the only one in the entire universe that holds that view. No one has been able to refute that there was a man called Jesus who walked the face of this earth over 2,000 years ago

Actually, there are see Dr. Richard Carrier's work.

Ken4Christ:
If your answer is yes, then what do you know about him.

One fact that no one has been able to deny is the historic fact the He died and rose from the dead. There is no history without Jesus. All dating is made with reference to him. Either BC or AD. Even the year you were born is dated with reference to Christ. Without Christ, you cannot state your birth day. Please try. Now this doctrine of hell you are trying to refute was taught by Christ himself. He made claims which no one born on earth has never made. He also backed up his claim. Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. (John 2:19) . Did he not rise up as he said.

False. The claim that he rose from the dead isn't a historical fact but a theological point. Just so you know, we use "Common Era" nowadays. Jesus also thought some won't die until his kingdom comes back and that was wrong.

Ken4Christ:
Another claim he made is this,

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (John 14:1-3)

Your unbelief will not stop him. He will come certainly come back.

Yeah right. How do you know that the claim above was made by him let alone that it was true? Just so you know, the Gospel of John is suspected as being the least reliable of the gospels with regards to historicity.

Ken4Christ:
Yet another claim;

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: (John 5:22)

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. (John 12:48)

Yadda yadda.

Ken4Christ:
My friend, you are going to be judged by Jesus and the words he has spoken. You cannot escape Jesus. You either receive him as your Saviour or meet him as your judge.

Mmmhmm.

Ken4Christ:
Let me share with you a glimpse of what will happen in the future as revealed in the book of revelation. The Prophecies will certainly come to pass.

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? (Revelation 6:12-17)

Jesus never spoke a word that did not come to pass. He even said. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. (Matthew 24:35)

Even if what you said was true, Jesus didn't write the book of Revelations.

Ken4Christ:
You want to see the proof of Jews in Egypt. Read it here - http://creation.com/egyptian-history-and-the-biblical-record-a-perfect-match

Just so you know, what you've posted there is a very poor source. It simply repeats what's written in the Bible rather than referring to actual archaeologists.

Ken4Christ:
Please repent before it is too late. Jesus is the greatest, he is coming back. He is the head of all principality and power. Tell me, do you know any that is greater than Jesus? If not, then why do you identify with less personality. Wisdom demands you should go for the best.

What do you mean by "great"? After all, Muhammad Ali was known as "The Greatest".
Re: Hell Is Real! by Vansnickers: 8:03pm On Apr 12, 2013
LOL!!! grin grin grin
Re: Hell Is Real! by thehomer: 8:03pm On Apr 12, 2013
MsDarkSkin: lol I was having a debate with a co-worker who too was on that
"there is no evidence of jews having been in egypt" bandwagon...i'm like you can't be serious! grin

Maybe you should take the time to review the available evidence. Wikipedia is nice place to start.
Re: Hell Is Real! by Ken4Christ: 11:06pm On Apr 12, 2013
thehomer, Tell me your birthday. You have no birthday without Jesus. All dating is made with reference to him and you ignore such a person.

If he said some of his disciples will not die until they see him come in his kingdom, he was correct. In prophecy, there is the law of double reference. We are already in his kingdom. Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son (Colossians 1:13). The carnal man cannot understand the things of the kingdom. The kingdom will be literally fulfilled during his 1,000 years reign on earth. But it is already established in the realm of the spirit and we are already enjoying the benefits of the kingdom. It began on the day of Pentecost. The disciple he talked about began to demonstrate the power of the kingdom in Acts 3:1-16, when a crippled man born from the mother's womb walked. Peter raised Dorcas from the dead. That is the unveiling of the power of the kingdom kingdom he talked about.

Your focus is to study and find fault. No matter how much fault you think the Bible contains, it is still the most reliable book on spiritual issues.

If God made the plant before the sun was mentioned. What is wrong about that? The word of God has the power to sustain the plant. Everything in the universe is sustained by the word of God. But he actually made the light before the plants. He is the greatest scientist. When he said 'let there be light', light came. He only separated the light from the darkness later.

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; (Hebrews 1:3)

If the Bible is not the most reliable, please tell us which one is.

You cannot condemn something when you cannot produce an alternative.

If Jesus did not die and rise again why has archeologist not been able to give us a sample of his bones?

Egypt cleverly tried to cover up the historic fact of Jews in their land because what happened to them was a national disgrace. However, the record of their own history if properly dated confirms the Bible story of Jews in their land.

You are free to believe what you want to believe. Jesus is still the one that will judge you. Every knee shall bow to him. You will feel very sorry for yourself on that day.

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:12)

Jesus did not write any book but books written about him surpasses the sum total of books written about every other person. There is no book that matches the sales record of the Bible till date. Many rulers tried to wipe the Bible out of circulation but they could not.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:9-11)

I know that Jesus is alive and well. He changed my life. I live in the miraculous. I enjoy a higher life. The life I have cannot be destroyed. I have been poisoned a couple of times and I am still alive. You will drop dead if you drink or eat poison because you have an ordinary life. I live in the supernatural. The Jesus you reject and condemn has giving my life a meaning.

You are still a slave to sin but sin no longer dominates my life. Even if I sin, I have a right to forgiveness. Jesus did not only redeem us by his blood, he also made provisions for our mistakes. What an amazing grace.

You are still subject to sickness but I am sickness proof.

The benefits in my belief in Jesus are too numerous to mention. It will be impossible to dissuade a man that has practical proof of God working in his life through his union with Jesus.

Life in Christ is a better life. It is a higher life. You are the one losing. I have a higher quality life than you - the God life.

If you chose to remain in the low level of life, you are making a poor choice. I am hooked up to the King of kings. Lord of Lords. Jesus is the head of all principalities and powers. He is the first and the last. The new life I have in him is so real that I urge you to come and taste of it. He is the living water that you drink and thirst no more.

He give absolute peace that surpasses human understanding.

I wonder how people can really live without him. He is the air that I breath. He is my daily bread. Money cannot buy the satisfaction that Jesus gives. A man that walked on water. Go and try it if you will not sink. A man that spoke to the fig tree and the tree dried up over night.

I have seen cripple walk at the mention of his name. I have seen the blind healed at the mention of his name. I have personally ministered to a crippled man who is now walking till date. What other proof do I need to know that Jesus is real and he is still working miracles.

You are missing the good life. He has revealed my future to me and it is already unfolding. I can go on and on. Come out of your ordinary life and embrace the supernatural. I have the ability of God at work in me. I am living with purpose all because of Jesus. I do not need archeologist to persuade me of the reality of God's word. I can feel it, touch it and relate with it. I am a living proof producer that Jesus and God's word are reliable.

He is coming to judge the world in righteousness. He has forewarned everyone. We have not learned from the Noah's story. It is an historic fact. The same way most of you are mocking the message of Jesus coming back, they also mocked Noah. But the rain did fall and everyone perished that was not in the ark.

When Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed, the sons in law of Job had the opportunity to be saved but they mocked at it. The fire came down and destroyed them all. Now you too have the opportunity and you are mocking. History will always repeat itself. People will never learn.

People question why God would have a place of eternal torment to punish man. The truth is that God did not prepare it for man. But man fell victim of that judgment when Adam sold his dominion right to Satan. The good news is that God has provided a way of escape from the burning flame. He sent his only Son who died for you and rescued you from the wrath of God. So, the choice is yours. Hell is real, take it or leave it.
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 11:29pm On Apr 12, 2013
I know that Jesus is alive and well. He changed my life. I live in the miraculous. I enjoy a higher life. The life I have cannot be destroyed. I have been poisoned a couple of times and I am still alive. You will drop dead if you drink or eat poison because you have an ordinary life. I live in the supernatural. The Jesus you reject and condemn has giving my life a meaning.

You are still a slave to sin but sin no longer dominates my life. Even if I sin, I have a right to forgiveness. Jesus did not only redeem us by his blood, he also made provisions for our mistakes. What an amazing grace.

The benefits in my belief in Jesus are too numerous to mention. It will be impossible to dissuade a man that has practical proof of God working in his life through his union with Jesus.

Life in Christ is a better life. It is a higher life. You are the one losing. I have a higher quality life than you - the God life.

If you chose to remain in the low level of life, you are making a poor choice. I am hooked up to the King of kings. Lord of Lords. Jesus is the head of all principalities and powers. He is the first and the last. The new life I have in him is so real that I urge you to come and taste of it. He is the living water that you drink and thirst no more.

I wonder how people can really live without him. He is the air that I breath. He is my daily bread. Money cannot buy the satisfaction that Jesus gives. A man that walked on water. Go and try it if you will not sink. A man that spoke to the fig tree and the tree dried up over night.

I have seen cripple walk at the mention of his name. I have seen the blind healed at the mention of his name. I have personally ministered to a crippled man who is now walking till date. What other proof do I need to know that Jesus is real and he is still working miracles.

You are missing the good life. He has revealed my future to me and it is already unfolding. I can go on and on. Come out of your ordinary life and embrace the supernatural. I have the ability of God at work in me. I am living with purpose all because of Jesus. I do not need archeologist to persuade me of the reality of God's word. I can feel it, touch it and relate with it. I am a living proof producer that Jesus and God's word are reliable.

He is coming to judge the world in righteousness. He has forewarned everyone. We have not learned from the Noah's story. It is an historic fact. The same way most of you are mocking the message of Jesus coming back, they also mocked Noah. But the rain did fall and everyone perished that was not in the ark.

When Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed, the sons in law of Job had the opportunity to be saved but they mocked at it. The fire came down and destroyed them all. Now you too have the opportunity and you are mocking. History will always repeat itself. People will never learn.

People question why God would have a place of eternal torment to punish man. The truth is that God did not prepare it for man. But man fell victim of that judgment when Adam sold his dominion right to Satan. The good news is that God has provided a way of escape from the burning flame. He sent his only Son who died for you and rescued you from the wrath of God. So, the choice is yours. Hell is real, take it or leave it.

[/quote]

I feel you bro, wow your experiences in the faith got me excited, keep up the good work bro. This is the reason the bible says he that has more will be given to him and he that does not have even the little that he has will be taken from, the is why believers keep on experiencing and enjoying more of God and those that reject cant see the reason. The gospel of the cross is foolishness to them that perish but to us it is the power of God.
Re: Hell Is Real! by thehomer: 1:38am On Apr 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Do You ever think God created chaos? Something happened that made the earth made the earth like that (the issue of the devil and the falling angels), so when God called called forth light, He only called forth clarity.

I don't think your God even exists so that question is moot. So physical light has turned into clarity? Remember that he called the "clarity" day and the "non-clarity" night. Does that make sense to you? And after that, there was evening and morning, the first day.

Pastor Olu T:
It only talked about not raining on the earth yet, no mention or sun or other creation

Read that passage again. It says before there were plants and humans. Notice that in that second creation, he created man before he created the animals. So which was it, did man come before or after the animals?

Pastor Olu T:
Where is your evidence?

Evidence for what? Notice that you've not actually provided any good evidence to back up anything you've said so far.

Pastor Olu T:
A whale not being a fish is no excuse for your assumptions, knowledge was limited then and the person that wrote the account can never be crucified for saying a great fish. If there are evidences that a pastor slept in a fish for five days i will believe because i believe in miracles.

You're the one making unjustified assumptions. That person can and should if the Bible is to be taken as being accurate. A whale isn't a fish. Surely the God who created them must have known this simple fact. What sort of evidence will show you that a pastor slept in a fish for 5 days?

Pastor Olu T:
I told you its not a mix up, if you read the original Greek or Hebrew bible you would have no doubt about it

So God decided to make something that he thought was very important only available to preachers who can speak both Greek and Hebrew? Can you read those languages? Besides, the actual names are pretty different.

Pastor Olu T:
Get it, a kingdom also mean a realm associated with a particular person or thing from the dictionary

You should check that same dictionary for the meaning of "realm". It doesn't mean some magical place in the sky.

Pastor Olu T:
I will like to know what you believe and what make more sense to you? undecided

What I believe with respect to what? The absence of your God makes sense to me.
Re: Hell Is Real! by thehomer: 10:38am On Apr 13, 2013
Ken4Christ: thehomer, Tell me your birthday. You have no birthday without Jesus. All dating is made with reference to him and you ignore such a person.

Dating is based on convention. Just so you know, there is the Chinese dating system, the Islamic one and even the Mayans had one so this is just an ignorant assessment.

Ken4Christ:
If he said some of his disciples will not die until they see him come in his kingdom, he was correct. In prophecy, there is the law of double reference. We are already in his kingdom. Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son (Colossians 1:13). The carnal man cannot understand the things of the kingdom. The kingdom will be literally fulfilled during his 1,000 years reign on earth. But it is already established in the realm of the spirit and we are already enjoying the benefits of the kingdom. It began on the day of Pentecost. The disciple he talked about began to demonstrate the power of the kingdom in Acts 3:1-16, when a crippled man born from the mother's womb walked. Peter raised Dorcas from the dead. That is the unveiling of the power of the kingdom kingdom he talked about.

You just made this claim of "law of double reference" up. Why should anyone accept a prophesy whose meaning isn't quite clear?

Ken4Christ:
Your focus is to study and find fault. No matter how much fault you think the Bible contains, it is still the most reliable book on spiritual issues.

How do you know it is more reliable than the Qur'an or any of the Sutras out there?

Ken4Christ:
If God made the plant before the sun was mentioned. What is wrong about that? The word of God has the power to sustain the plant. Everything in the universe is sustained by the word of God. But he actually made the light before the plants. He is the greatest scientist. When he said 'let there be light', light came. He only separated the light from the darkness later.

There are a lot of things wrong with that. It makes your God a trickster God who set out to deceive people.

Ken4Christ:
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; (Hebrews 1:3)

If the Bible is not the most reliable, please tell us which one is.

You cannot condemn something when you cannot produce an alternative.

False. I can and I do it all the time. I can identify a certain mechanic as being unreliable without having an alternative mechanic to refer to.

Ken4Christ:
If Jesus did not die and rise again why has archeologist not been able to give us a sample of his bones?

Where are the bones of Spartacus? Or did he too die and rise again? How about Apollonius of Tyana? Where are his bones?

Ken4Christ:
Egypt cleverly tried to cover up the historic fact of Jews in their land because what happened to them was a national disgrace. However, the record of their own history if properly dated confirms the Bible story of Jews in their land.

Even if they tried to cover it up, such a large number of people traveling in a desert will leave some traces.

Ken4Christ:
You are free to believe what you want to believe. Jesus is still the one that will judge you. Every knee shall bow to him. You will feel very sorry for yourself on that day.

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:12)

Jesus did not write any book but books written about him surpasses the sum total of books written about every other person. There is no book that matches the sales record of the Bible till date. Many rulers tried to wipe the Bible out of circulation but they could not.

I'm also free to let you know that your beliefs are wrong. How do you know that Pythagoras won't be the one to judge you? Or maybe it is Thor or Zeus that will judge.

Ken4Christ:
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:9-11)

Sin doesn't dominate your life yet you sin? You have a right to forgiveness? Just so you know, most people will end up in hell and it is likely that many people you know will also end up in hell. So just how amazing was that grace again?

Ken4Christ:

Really? We can test this by injecting you with blood infected with HIV. Let's see just how sickness proof you really are.

Ken4Christ:

Yadda yadda yadda. When you have serious arguments, please let me know.
Re: Hell Is Real! by thehomer: 11:05am On Apr 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T: I know that Jesus is alive and well. He changed my life. I live in the miraculous. I enjoy a higher life. The life I have cannot be destroyed. I have been poisoned a couple of times and I am still alive. You will drop dead if you drink or eat poison because you have an ordinary life. I live in the supernatural. The Jesus you reject and condemn has giving my life a meaning.

Have you ever received blood infected with HIV?

Pastor Olu T:

I feel you bro, wow your experiences in the faith got me excited, keep up the good work bro. This is the reason the bible says he that has more will be given to him and he that does not have even the little that he has will be taken from, the is why believers keep on experiencing and enjoying more of God and those that reject cant see the reason. The gospel of the cross is foolishness to them that perish but to us it is the power of God.

Some of what you said above sound like what another character wrote. Which one is the sockpuppet?
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 7:35pm On Apr 13, 2013
[quote author=thehomer]

Have you ever received blood infected with HIV?

Some of what you said above sound like what another character wrote. Which one is the sockpuppet?[/quot

Do you think this is a joke or what? I simply quoted the guy and you are making fun of it, where do you think this is going and would lead to?
Re: Hell Is Real! by thehomer: 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
Do you think this is a joke or what? I simply quoted the guy and you are making fun of it, where do you think this is going and would lead to?

How was I to know that you quoted the person? Did you go through your own post? Did it look like you quoted anyone?

You're welcome to actually address my points.
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 9:55pm On Apr 14, 2013
thehomer:

How was I to know that you quoted the person? Did you go through your own post? Did it look like you quoted anyone?

You're welcome to actually address my points.

If the purpose of this is for us to get to know the truth and learn, then let us be more serious and cultured.
Actually its true though i quoted the guy but it does not look like it, so i am sorry for that smiley

I would want to ask you some questions and would also like you to be direct with your answers pls, but i will be back with them.
Re: Hell Is Real! by thehomer: 10:34am On Apr 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

If the purpose of this is for us to get to know the truth and learn, then let us be more serious and cultured.
Actually its true though i quoted the guy but it does not look like it, so i am sorry for that smiley

I would want to ask you some questions and would also like you to be direct with your answers pls, but i will be back with them.

Go right ahead. But please address my own responses too.
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 11:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
As one with a rational mind, please explain this if you can?

How do you explain the perfection in which the world was created or came to be, that everything is just precise? Except there is a master planner somewhere?

How do we came from non life to life?

How do you explain the supernatural occurrence in the world like miracles, actually witnessed and would love to share?

How come there are evil and good, and why is it easier to do evil than good?

more coming
Re: Hell Is Real! by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T: As one with a rational mind, please explain this if you can?

How do you explain the perfection in which the world was created or came to be, that everything is just precise? Except there is a master planner somewhere?

How do you explain the supernatural occurrence in the world like miracles, actually witnessed and would love to share?

more coming

If really you are a pastor you must have led a lot of people astray. Life is eternal, there is nothing like moving from non life to life! When you talk about the world you need to be specific,which world? There is nothing like miracles little mind....its called nature. The sun rises and falls everyday,perhaps you wanna call that a miracle, but when it gets hotter than that,it will destroy every living thing on the planet. The planet is not perfect,it just happens to support life at the moment,when it is time it will extinct all life itself. This life you live is nothing but an illusion- it aint real.

Good and evil are the same thing,both on the same coin. They co- exist, one cannot do without the other. For you to recognize good,there must be evil. Light and darkness are a twin who must exist together to acheive a balance.
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 12:35am On Apr 16, 2013
@ifeness
Where in the world did you come from?

You think you know but you know nothing. Just to mention one of the perfection in the world settings i am talking about, do you know as a fact that if the earth just tilt a little the whole world would drown?

And concerning life, how did it come to be, big bang theory?
Re: Hell Is Real! by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 16, 2013
Pastor Olu T: @ifeness
Where in the world did you come from?

You think you know but you know nothing. Just to mention one of the perfection in the world settings i am talking about, do you know as a fact that if the earth just tilt a little the whole world would drown?

And concerning life, how did it come to be, big bang theory?

Where did i come from? Well i guess from another world not filled with limitations you have set upon yourself. In my world, we are not concerned about the big bang or how the earth came to being. Before the earth all life existed and will continue to exist after its demise. New planets and stars are born everyday. There are in existence billions or planet,universes etc

Life itself is an illusion, fake and you are only a reflexion of yourself on this plain. All humans are vibrational energies. I can tell from the way you speak your vibrational frequency is very low at the moment. My advice; learn to be yourself,learn to free your mind from every belief that keeps holding you back(religion) . You are more than what they say you are

Peace.......
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 10:25pm On Apr 16, 2013
ifeness:

Where did i come from? Well i guess from another world not filled with limitations you have set upon yourself. In my world, we are not concerned about the big bang or how the earth came to being. Before the earth all life existed and will continue to exist after its demise. New planets and stars are born everyday. There are in existence billions or planet,universes etc

Life itself is an illusion, fake and you are only a reflexion of yourself on this plain. All humans are vibrational energies. I can tell from the way you speak your vibrational frequency is very low at the moment. My advice; learn to be yourself,learn to free your mind from every belief that keeps holding you back(religion) . You are more than what they say you are

Peace.......

hahaahahaha, very right from another world truly grin
Re: Hell Is Real! by thehomer: 8:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
Pastor Olu T: As one with a rational mind, please explain this if you can?

Who says the world is perfect? In a perfect world, would there be earthquakes, malaria parasites, volcano eruptions and meteor strikes?

Pastor Olu T:

I don't know.

Pastor Olu T:

Who says there are supernatural occurrences? Anecdotes from you aren't good evidence.

Pastor Olu T:

more coming

Evil and good what? Is it really easier to do evil than good?
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2013
thehomer:

Who says the world is perfect? In a perfect world, would there be earthquakes, malaria parasites, volcano eruptions and meteor strikes?

The world was created perfect and not what it is today, even today it is still but not as what it was created to be which is why you see all the imperfection because of what man has done to it. As one who is verse, would you not agree with me that what still keeps the world together is as a result of some things perfectly in place and if they are altered there will be great catastrophe. There are earthquakes and all other natural disasters as a result of change in this things, i don't know much of science but i know about this for i actually read and been around for some time to notice.

I don't know.

I like your sincerity at least you did not give me the big bang theory theory, you know science is yet to provide any reasonable answer to this they have only conjecture and gave unreasonable conclusions. Would it not be advisable to really consider the bible who gave a vivid account of the life now before and after death? undecided

Who says there are supernatural occurrences? Anecdotes from you aren't good evidence.

Except you don't want to be sincere to yourself, you probably have witnessed one or heard someone who did. I am not telling you to believe what other thinks, but if you would like to experience it your self just ask what you would like to see happen to you and you will see the miracle of God. NB this is not as a result of testing God for if we go with that nothing will happen?

Evil and good what? Is it really easier to do evil than good?

Are you an alien, why would you ask does evil and good exist, even the greatest atheists do not deny it the only thing they say is that it is relative. Just take a look at Nigeria (i would want to believe you are in Nigeria), there is a clear difference between good and evil, what do you think is responsible for this?

Please consider this carefully.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Know The Bishop Of The Whole World? / 15 Hidden Secrets About The Illuminati You Must Know / Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 246
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.