Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,463 members, 7,971,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 02:01 PM

Hell Is Real! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Is Real! (6988 Views)

If Hell Is Real,then We Are All Doomed For It.(its In The Bible) / Scientist Confirm That Hell Is Real / Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell Is Real! by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 20, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

The teaching of Hell is vividly written in the bible, but if you truly want us to look at the scriptures together i am game.

The onus is on you, before you start though , we must prove this doctrine in the light of ALL scripture not ONE scripture.

Thanks.
Re: Hell Is Real! by truthislight: 11:12pm On May 20, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Yeah you are right Hell means shoel/grave/pit, but they can also be substituted for because Hell actually mean all those. Hell is a place of the dead and truly Jesus went to Hell, but i will not want to discuss that with you now.

What i will please want you to do is replace grave/pit with wherever you see Hell in the bible and let us see what sense it makes, you can start with the scripture i quoted from the original post.

Hell is a latin word and means a firery place of torment for the dead, evil people are supposed to go there according to the latin people.

Bringing it via translation into the bible(a Jewish book) has cause a lot of confusion.

Honesty means you recognised it(hell) for what it is = a latin word and drop it.

Then, you can start looking at the "fire" (mention in the bible) wherever it is used in the bible and find out what fire or lake of fire means without using the mirrow of the word "hell".

"He seeing this before spake of the
resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption." (Acts 2:31).
Re: Hell Is Real! by HotieTima(f): 8:19pm On May 21, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

How much what?
Guess u r a muslim bt no probs, Jesus loves u anyways!

angry angry it's amazing how ignorant people can be huh

why bring religion into it just cost he asked u a simple question!! rudeness
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 3:22pm On May 23, 2013
Hotie Tima:

angry angry it's amazing how ignorant people can be huh

why bring religion into it just cost he asked u a simple question!! rudeness

So in all these is all you have to say?
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 3:27pm On May 23, 2013
frosbel:

The onus is on you, before you start though , we must prove this doctrine in the light of ALL scripture not ONE scripture.

Thanks.

Sorry i took time to get back to you, been busy.

But i will not like to retype all that i have done before, let us start with the OP the account of Lazarus and the rich man. I will also want you to take a look at my thread[b] man- a three dimensional being[/b] because i will want to establish some truth with it (from the scripture of course).

Hope to have a good discussion with you brother grin
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 3:30pm On May 23, 2013
truthislight:

Hell is a latin word and means a firery place of torment for the dead, evil people are supposed to go there according to the latin people.

Bringing it via translation into the bible(a Jewish book) has cause a lot of confusion.

Honesty means you recognised it(hell) for what it is = a latin word and drop it.

Then, you can start looking at the "fire" (mention in the bible) wherever it is used in the bible and find out what fire or lake of fire means without using the mirrow of the word "hell".

"He seeing this before spake of the
resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption." (Acts 2:31).

I know it is a Latin word but i still do not get you, but what i am saying is peradventure you did not get me is to replace grave/pit with all the places you find Hell in the bible starting from the original post which is the account of Lazarus and the rich man, the we start our discussion from there.

Stay bless brother
Re: Hell Is Real! by HotieTima(f): 4:38pm On May 23, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

So in all these is all you have to say?

ur back side tongue tongue
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 10:27pm On May 23, 2013
Hotie Tima:

ur back side tongue tongue

God bless you
Re: Hell Is Real! by truthislight: 6:41am On May 24, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I know it is a Latin word but i still do not get you, but what i am saying is peradventure you did not get me is to replace grave/pit with all the places you find Hell in the bible starting from the original post which is the account of Lazarus and the rich man, the we start our discussion from there.

Stay bless brother

the truth is, you understand what you are asking me to do better and how best to do it.

Why not go ahead and do the needfull lets get started?

Peace.
Re: Hell Is Real! by HotieTima(f): 11:35am On May 24, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

God bless you

wink wink i am already bless.
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 4:23pm On May 29, 2013
truthislight:

the truth is, you understand what you are asking me to do better and how best to do it.

Why not go ahead and do the needfull lets get started?

Peace.

Ok, let start with the scripture i quoted Luke 16:19-31.

I have replaced pit/grave with Hell and it does not make sense to me. sorry can't quote the whole scripture for i am using my phone.
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 8:47am On Jun 27, 2013
[quote
author=Pastor Olu T]

I have replaced pit/grave with Hell and it does not make sense to me.
sorry can't quote the whole scripture for i am using my phone. [/quote]
Re: Hell Is Real! by truthislight: 10:04am On Jun 27, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I have replaced pit/grave with Hell and it does not make sense to me. sorry can't quote the whole scripture for i am using my phone.

When you are ready, let me know.

cool
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 3:42am On Jul 03, 2013
truthislight:

When you are ready, let me know.

cool

Luke 16:19-31

19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell (Pit/Grave) he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

I have done just that replacing Pit/Grave with Hell in the passage and still do not fit in? undecided
Re: Hell Is Real! by truthislight: 9:48am On Jul 03, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Luke 16:19-31

19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell (Pit/Grave) he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

I have done just that replacing Pit/Grave with Hell in the passage and still do not fit in? undecided

cool

I wish i really understand what you want to achieve, but i dont.

I had said, the concept of hell is of pegan origin(latin) and not Jewish, the word found its way into the bible via translation. Simple!

Did i say the word 'fire' is not in the bible ?

Smh.
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 7:55am On Jul 04, 2013
truthislight:

cool

I wish i really understand what you want to achieve, but i dont.

I had said, the concept of hell is of pegan origin(latin) and not
Jewish, the word found its way into the bible via translation. Simple!

Did i say the word 'fire' is not in the bible ?

Smh.

What i want to achieve or simply stating what the bible says is that Hell is real n beyond grave or pit.

I thought u said i should replace Hell with pit/grave?
Re: Hell Is Real! by truthislight: 9:58am On Jul 04, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

What i want to achieve or simply stating what the bible says is that Hell is real n beyond grave or pit.
'hell' is a latin word.

Pastor Olu T:

That ^ is your idea.
Read this thread again to find out.

The word fire is in the bible, while the word 'hell' is a latin word that entered some bible via translation from greek to latin.

The bible writers spoke Hebrew language and greek LANGUAGES AND WROTE THE BIBLE with them.

The word 'Hell' was bought into the bible much later. Simple
Re: Hell Is Real! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

He has no proof there is hell but he would fight tooth and nail to defend it. Hell fire is an imagination of an evil/ corrupt mind. Telling the stories of hell to kids or anyone is pathetic,murder.....

I thought the message of your " Christ" was that of hope and deliverance, instead it all about worshiping an evil God or going to hell. Perhaps hell was meant for Yahweh himself.

Perhaps there is no hell and you are only deceiving yourself.
Re: Hell Is Real! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
The story of the rich man and Lizarus is a parable and is not to be taken literally. So it doesnt change the fact that hell is just a grave. The righteous also go there.
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2013
ifeness:

He has no proof there is hell but he would fight tooth and nail to
defend it. Hell fire is an imagination of an evil/ corrupt mind.
Telling the stories of hell to kids or anyone is pathetic,murder.....

I thought the message of your " Christ" was that of hope and
deliverance, instead it all about worshiping an evil God or going to
hell. Perhaps hell was meant for Yahweh himself.

Perhaps there is no hell and you are only deceiving yourself.

Back again, ur problem isn't just Hell but God so don't solicit for supporters?
Re: Hell Is Real! by PastorOluT(m): 1:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
[quote
author=JMAN05]The story of the rich man and Lizarus is a parable and is
not to be taken literally. So it doesnt change the fact that hell is
just a grave. The righteous also go there.[/quote]

so what was Jesus trying to convey with the story?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is God Wicked For Doing This? / Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? / Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.