Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,990 members, 7,899,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 02:26 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S4 (26072 Views)

My Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Photos / Invalid IMEI On My Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9190) / "No Signal Found For Mobile Networks" Help On Samsung Galaxy S4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 1:50am On Mar 15, 2013
Seun.A.Plonker:

The picture attached to the report is of Galaxy S3

Xtra 5inches added to the screen
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by phummynoodles(f): 1:51am On Mar 15, 2013
Men this phone is cazy, I will wait 4 x6 that one has iron and AC so no yawA
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 15, 2013
Oh God, Eke and Her Phone Nazi Swag.

#TeamSamsung

S4 Look Ight....

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 15, 2013
Will this phone serve its purpose in.Nigeria?

Anyway all I can say to apple is BEWARE!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by YorubaOmoge: 2:01am On Mar 15, 2013
GS4

Processor:

1.8Ghz. . . . QUITE Impressive compared to GN2's 1.4Ghz. Improvement.
2GB RAM. . . common.
From 720 x 1,280 display of the Samsung Galaxy S III to a Full HD, 1,080 x 1,920 display. . . .higher pixel density, but doesn't guarantee a clearer image.
Comes with S Pen . . .

Do I want to exchange my GN2 for GS4. . . .No.
I'm waiting for the GN4 (if there's ever going to be any), and Sammy better not disappoint me. I want something mind blowing, and S4 aint. It's like a combination of GN2 and S3.
I grew up with Samsung and I'll continue with Samsung if and ONLY if they stop with this recycling rubbish. You can't have two types of models, merge their specifications and expect us to be wowed. angry
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by bootstrap(m): 2:01am On Mar 15, 2013
Good effort sammy.
I still prefer my GN2. Slightly better battery, S-pen, slightly worst camera,OS(just a matter of time bfor GN2 gets updated). So bottom line, wld let tis one slide.

P.s: I dnt Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ any mobile maker making any substancially different device frm what is available now, within d nxt, say 2-3yrs. Wee will just be seeing slight improvements I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ SW,build quality and may be cameras will start taking shots thru pples cloths.So, until, maybe when dat flexible screen thingy becomes real mainstream.Till then, ........
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by GamblinQueen: 2:39am On Mar 15, 2013
Does anyone know how much internal memory this phone has?
I just purchased a LG and I have 5 gigs of internal memory not to mention my 32 gig memory card.
While I was shopping for a new phone, I noticed that many of the more expensive phones had lesser internal memory and that is a setback for me.
Because most of the apps I download can't be moved to my memory card. So keeping that in mind my primary goal was making sure I purchased a phone that would allow me to download my apps and store my msgs without having to worry about running out of memory space every other week.
I do not expect to purchase a phone for quite some time, because this phone does everything I need it to do. Heck I even run a dos based program on my phone and use a bluetooth keybord with it whenever I visit certain sites. Talk about thinking outside of the box....... lol

I would be willing to pay $500.00 for a phone if it came with 1 terabyte of internal memory and possessed all of the features that my LG phone has. I would own that phone for the rest of my life or until it could no longer be repaired. Which ever comes first.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by ziccoit: 2:44am On Mar 15, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: Galaxy S4 Specifications:

Jeez, Sammy:

First up is Floating Touch, which lets you control the phone by hovering a finger over the screen, rather than touching it directly. As our sister title Expert Reviews notes, Samsung already uses a similar technology with its S Pen in the Galaxy Note tablets.

Another rumoured input innovation is eye-tracking, such as what we've seen before from Tobii, although Samsung's own patents suggest this may be an in-house development. A report in the New York Times claims the Galaxy S4 will use its cameras to watch users as they read, automatically scrolling the page when they hit the bottom of the text.

[b]A video leaked ahead of the launch shows how the Galaxy S4 eye-tracking system might work. It demonstrates a feature called SmartPause, where a playing video is automatically stop the moment the user averts their gaze from the screen. The user has to press the play button to make the video restart, as you can see from the

The only difference between these specifications and GN2 specification is that GN2 lacks the "eye-tracking" innovation.

And you just destroy the mobile view because of your this comment.

Kindly remove that line for the sake of decorum.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by YorubaOmoge: 2:49am On Mar 15, 2013
Gamblin Queen :
I just purchased a LG and I have 5 gigs of internal memory not to mention my 32 gig memory card.
While I was shopping for a new phone, I noticed that many of the more expensive phones had lesser internal memory and that is a setback for me.
Because most of the apps I download can't be moved to my memory card. So keeping that in mind my primary goal was making sure I purchased a phone that would allow me to download my apps and store my msgs without having to worry about running out of memory space every other week.
I do not expect to purchase a phone for quite some time, because this phone does everything I need it to do. Heck I even run a dos based program on my phone and use a bluetooth keybord with it whenever I visit certain sites. Talk about thinking outside of the box....... lol

I would be willing to pay $500.00 for a phone if it came with 1 terabyte of internal memory and possessed all of the features that my LG phone has. I would own that phone for the rest of my life or until it could no longer be repaired. Which ever comes first.

According to the rumors, it should have up to 64GB (16GB, 32GB too) internal memory.

ziccoit:

And you just destroy the mobile view because of your this comment.

Kindly remove that line for the sake of decorum.
No.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Francheezy(m): 5:14am On Mar 15, 2013
ALL NA D SAME
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by hustla(m): 5:16am On Mar 15, 2013
chucky234: I am just tired of changing phones simply because its new with improved software,RAM,camera quality and few inches added.
Imagine we spent roughly 100k to buy the S3 few months now these Korean thieves launched improved version of S3 then call it S4 to extort people dry,I will wait till the used ones are available on ebay in few months.
Haba what sort of nonsense of this na,in few weeks from now Apple will come out with Iphone 6,maybe HTC with HTC two X since One X is already in the market.

them force you?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by hustla(m): 5:22am On Mar 15, 2013
the worst thing you can do2 yaself is to try and keep up with technology...u wee just wound yaself...
rocking my n3....might upgrade to n7 in some months time....that about does errthin I want....
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by YorubaOmoge: 5:44am On Mar 15, 2013
hustla: the worst thing you can do2 yaself is to try and keep up with technology...u wee just wound yaself...
rocking my n3....might upgrade to n7 in some months time....that about does errthin I want....

Nigerian mentality. . . . always the reverse of normality.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by spenca: 5:54am On Mar 15, 2013
50calibre: If samsung doesn't kill it's customers, they won't rest. Just few months ago S3 came out, now they are ready to unveil S4.
Ma oga i tire o
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 15, 2013
Looks sleek but 5inches? Damn, these things keep growing by the year. angry

One of the reasons I stick to the iphone is the portability. It gets a bit awkward sometimes handling these large screen devices.

From my experience with the s3, I bet the s4 will be cooler. No plastic? What a relief!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by YorubaOmoge: 6:37am On Mar 15, 2013
lol Go and sleep, Royal.

It's like 4 am over there tongue
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by ochukoccna: 6:43am On Mar 15, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: Now I am just beyond irritated because I expect GN3 to be exceptional and slightly different in design.

From what I'm seeing so far, it ain't going to happen.

I like Samsung's balls tho. . . .launching GS4 in NY, home of Apple/iPhones grin The competition is GREAT for the technological era.
Sammy has never been renowned for design
Innovation,yes but design nah
For that look to HTC and Apple
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by texazzpete(m): 6:49am On Mar 15, 2013
ochukoccna:

Renowned for innovation? Samsung? You're kidding, right?

Most of the 'new' features they announced have already been out there on other platforms for a while.

Samsung are masters of copying...as usual....and their copied features are touted as 'innovation'
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by ochukoccna: 6:56am On Mar 15, 2013
Gamblin Queen :

$500 bucks for a high end phone from this companies fueled by capitalism?
You are so on a long thing
1 TB phones are still far off,VERY FAR OFF
The phone should ship with mostly 16 and 32GB variants,expect the 64GB variant to be uncommon and premium price(my take though)
BTW,what LG phone do you rock?
I use an Optimus 4X HD which is in there with the very best but more pocket friendly than this other cut throat models especially Sammy(the Apple of Andriod-price wise)
Main LG draw back is slow software updates,VERY SLOW
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by YorubaOmoge: 6:57am On Mar 15, 2013
ochukoccna:

Apple for design? grin

Olorun maje!

Apple Logic: +1inch = new design grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by ochukoccna: 7:08am On Mar 15, 2013
texazzpete:

Renowned for innovation? Samsung? You're kidding, right?

Most of the 'new' features they announced have already been out there on other platforms for a while.

Samsung are masters of copying...as usual....and their copied features are touted as 'innovation'
Tpete,howdy
Let's not turn this into another whose got the most fanboys beyween Apple and Sammy thread
You've never been a Sammy or Driod fan
Innovation has been on a decline for some time on ALL phone ecosystems i.e. Driods,Apple,Blackberry,Windows
All we have are mostly hardware and software upgrades and reboots going by which iPhone 5 was so early 2011 when it hit shelves last year
You don't outsell iPhones and all other Driods to be king of the smartphone pile if you don't have a SERIOUSLY WOW FACTOR
And this factor has waned down greatly from 2011 till date
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by ochukoccna: 7:10am On Mar 15, 2013
axondave: I will tell my Oga at the top 2 buy it for me
Chai see as una still dey finish this man cheesy
E go regret the day he choose to go for this infamous Channels TV interview

Yoruba_Omoge:

Apple for design? grin

Olorun maje!

Apple Logic: +1inch = new design grin
Abeg help tell Texazzpete
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by meekmk(m): 7:11am On Mar 15, 2013
lacasa: ​ so​ We still have nigerians hooked on mobile phones

Hmmmm!! Interesting.

...And some of their mates r building houses, they r desperately saving to make-up and buy a Samsung phone. undecided

#.. On a very long thing, they are!!!

NA MUMUNI U BI..... WHAT HAS INVESTMENTS AND AND BUILDING OF HOUSE GOT TO DO WIV THIS.. IF U NO FIT BUY AM WITHOUT DRAINING UR ACCOUNT.... SHUT UP AND LET PEOPLE WITH MONEY BUY IT.... NO BI EVERY ONE FANCY PHONE... TO SOME.. IT BRINGS MORE THAN IT TAKES TO THEM.... MOFO
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by YorubaOmoge: 7:16am On Mar 15, 2013
ochukoccna:
Chai see as una still dey finish this man cheesy
E go regret the day he choose to go for this infamous Channels TV interview

Abeg help tell Texazzpete

Texazzz is an avid Apple/iPhone fan. Wouldn't matter even if you spell it out on a beanstalk.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by Joe50(m): 7:22am On Mar 15, 2013
carry 100k+ go buy fone?

I go carry d money improve my business or invest in anoda business.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by PRECIOUSSOKARI(f): 7:24am On Mar 15, 2013
[quote
author=double08] angry angry angry so they cant just wait till the
third quarter of the year before the release it,when am just starting to
enjoy the S3 angry angry but cant still believe I left my beloved
nokia for android phone cry[/quote] NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL PHONE. HOW MUCH IS IT? GOTTA GET ONE FOR MYSELF
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by joshuaidibia(m): 7:29am On Mar 15, 2013
Abdul Adam56: All this 4G users are asleep rocking my first comment tongue
AM WATCHN U!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 by chucky234(m): 7:46am On Mar 15, 2013
hustla:

them force you?
Who be dis otondo na,you wey dey use Nokia 2700 classic dey come form aje butter for GS4 thread sha,guy find one cornor park yourself wella jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer / How To Watch LIVE Football Matches On Your Android #nomoredstv / How Much Influencers Earn On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.