Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,918 members, 7,872,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:28 AM

Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) (268142 Views)

Official NPFL 2014-2015 Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Azuist(m): 1:59pm On May 15, 2013
THE GOAL SCORER'S CHART AFTER WEEK 11[/i]

Azuist: The NPFL is up and running and some players already have stated their intent in clinching the much cherished "highest goal scorers award".
I've gone through many sites looking for scorers table but have found none. Consequently, I decided to go through match day reports from match day 1 to date in different sites like mtnfootball.com, kickoffnigeria.com, goal.com, etc so as to come up with something. the accuracy of this work is put at 80 - 90% and its subject to addition and subtraction (correction). Common guys, lets encourage this work.
We are already in the 11th week.

NAME [i]CLUB
NO OF GOALS

BISHOP ONYEUDO GOMBE UNITED 7
ISAH AKOR HEARTLAND F.C 7

DELE OLORUNDARE SUNSHINE STARS 6

GBOLAHAN SALAMI SHOOTING STARS 5
HARUNA BABALO EL-KANEMI WARRIORS 5
VICTOR NAMO NASARAWA UNITED 5
OGHENEKARO ETEBOR WARRI WOLVES 5

OKIKI MUSAMPA NEMBE CITY 4
UBONG EKPAI AKWA UNITED 4
GWAR SIBI ENYIMBA 4

GAMBO MOHAMED KANO PILLARS 3
UCHE IHUARULAM BAYELSA UNITED 3
TONY EDJOMARIGWE SHOOTING STARS 3
ICHULL LORDSON ABS 3
MOSES OGAGA SHOOTING STARS 3
AJANI IBRAHIM SUNSHINE STARS 3
HAPPY OKUOKA HEARTLAND F.C 3
BITRUS DADA RANGERS 3
MUSA NAJARE WARRI WOLVES 3
FRED OKWARA DOLPHINS F.C 3
JACKSON DANIEL NASARAWA UNITED 3
OGHOGHO ODUKPE RANGERS 3

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by novaman: 6:11pm On May 15, 2013
I am back to this forum, the Nigeria football league must surely grow so I must do my part, lets support Mr. Irabor to make it right
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 6:26pm On May 15, 2013
NPFL WEEK 12 FIXTURES:
(Today) WEDNESDAY, 15TH MAY 2013.

FT KANO PILLARS 3-1 NEMBE CITY

FT GOMBE UNITED 1-0 KWARA UNITED

FT AKWA UNITED 1-0 RANGERS INT'L

[size=18pt]3SC 0-2 HEARTLAND[/size] grin grin grin grin grin

FT ABS FC 0-0 SHARKS

DOLPHINS FC 2-0 KADUNA UNITED

FT EL-KANEMI WARRIORS 1-0 SUNSHINE STARS

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 6:27pm On May 15, 2013
LOl...Heartland is not smiling ooo. 3sc don enter one chance. Just after they got their first away point, they're been pummeled at home.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 6:30pm On May 15, 2013
13/05 Enugu Rangers 1-1 Bayelsa United
13/05 Nasarawa United 2-1 Wikki Tourists
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 6:32pm On May 15, 2013
Afam4eva: LOl...Heartland is not smiling ooo. 3sc don enter one match. Just after they got their first away point, they're been pummeled at home.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 6:37pm On May 15, 2013
Gwar surprised at hat-trick

Enyimba striker Sibi Gwar says he was expecting to score against Kano Pillars on Sunday, but did not quite expect to get a hat-trick.

The striker has returned from a minor injury and plundered three against the champions and log leaders on Sunday to help Enyimba claim all three points

“I thank God for yesterday. Before the match, I knew I would score,” Gwar told KickOffNigeria.com. “I just didn't know it was going to be a hat-trick.”

Having announced his return so spectacularly, the forward is keen to add to his tally, but says he is setting no targets, yet.

“Scoring goals is my job. If I don't score, I feel bad because it means I am not doing my job. So I want to score more goals.

“I had a little problem with my leg, but I am back now and I just want to keep scoring goals.

“I don't have any targets yet. But by mid-season, when I know what my future will be, I can say for sure.”

http://www.kickoff.com/news/34380/nigeria-striker-gwar-surprised-at-hat-trick-for-enyimba

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ZUBY77(m): 10:53pm On May 15, 2013
@honeric.. Where is elkanemi going to be playing their home games now?
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 7:47am On May 16, 2013
ZUBY77: @honeric.. Where is elkanemi going to be playing their home games now?

Same city i guess, SOE does not mean 'no movement'
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by RedReact: 8:17am On May 16, 2013
Afam4eva: LOl...Heartland is not smiling ooo. 3sc don enter one chance. Just after they got their first away point, they're been pummeled at home.
Na so league be o; you loose some, you win some. I am not really sure if it was the injury problem facing the team that is affecting their performance or not, which is wjat I am still trying to find out though. Nevertheless, that is fotball for you. I think Hearland should no be leading the table; congratulations to them.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 8:22am On May 16, 2013
Akor seals win for Heartland

Isah Akor was once again amongst the goal scorer’s as Heartland recorded a 2-1 win at home against a resilient Akwa United in their NPFL Week 11 encounter on Sunday.

Ebere Odiche put Heartland ahead after 13 minutes to send the small crowd at the Dan Anyiam Stadium into ecstasy, but Akwa responded almost instantly with an equalizer from John Aguda two minutes later.

CLICK HERE for the League table

Akor grabbed his seventh goal of the season in to 28th minute which eventually helped seal the win for Heartland, as no further goals were scored by either side.

Heartland who have been impressive at home this season have had found it hard to get points on the road.

The Naze Millionaires will travel to Ibadan to Shooting Stars who held Sharks FC to a goalless draw to get their first point away this season.

Article by: Uche George Egbe

http://www.kickoff.com/news/34369/isah-akor-was-once-again-amongst-the-goal-scorers-as-heartland-recorded-a-2-1-win-at-home-against-a-resilient-akwa-united-on-sunday

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 8:24am On May 16, 2013
Heartland beat 3SC to break jinx

Heartland FC beat Shooting Stars 2-0 in an NPFL Week 12 game to record their first away win in four years.

The Naze Millionaires signalled their intention to cart away all three points on offer when Jolly Osas put them in the lead as early as the 3rd minute.

The Owerri-based club took their advantage into the break as their hosts failed to get an equaliser with Gbolahan Salami guilty of fluffing several begging chances.

Heartland put the game beyond the visitors when Ebere Odiche scored in the 68th minute to seal the impressive away win signalling the end of a four-year jinx.

Shooting Stars had picked their first point on the road last Sunday, after holding Sharks FC to a goalless draw in Port Harcourt.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/34424/heartland-fc-beat-shooting-stars-th-the-nigeria-league-for-their-first-away-win-in-four-years.

Note the sponsors on the jerseys.

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 8:35am On May 16, 2013
2 conflicting tables from 2 different media house, maybe one is yet to be updated.

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Azuist(m): 9:06pm On May 17, 2013
LEADING GOAL SCORERS AT WEEK 12

Azuist: The NPFL is up and running and some players already have stated their intent in clinching the much cherished "highest goal scorers award".
I've gone through many sites looking for scorers table but have found none. Consequently, I decided to go through match day reports from match day 1 to date in different sites like mtnfootball.com, kickoffnigeria.com, goal.com, etc so as to come up with something. the accuracy of this work is put at 80 - 90% and its subject to addition and subtraction (correction). Common guys, lets encourage this work.
We are already in the 12th week.

NAME CLUB NO OF GOALS

BISHOP ONYEUDO GOMBE UNITED 8

VICTOR NAMO NASARAWA UNITED 5
OGHENEKARO ETEBOR WARRI WOLVES 5
UCHE IHUARULAM BAYELSA UNITED 5

GWAR SIBI ENYIMBA 4
FRED OKWARA DOLPHINS F.C 4

ICHULL LORDSON ABS 3
BITRUS DADA RANGERS 3
MUSA NAJARE WARRI WOLVES 3
OGHOGHO ODUKPE RANGERS 3
RABIU ALI KANO PILLARS 3

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by novaman: 11:31pm On May 18, 2013
Overall Table Home Away

# Team MP W D L G Pts

1. Kano 12 7 2 3 13:11 23

2. Heartland12 6 2 4 21:9 20

3. Bayelsa 12 6 2 4 14:13 20

4. Enugu 11 5 3 3 17:9 18

5. Sunshine Stars 12 5 3 4 14:8 18

6. Kwara 12 5 3 4 11:8 18

7. Gombe 12 6 0 6 12:15 18

8. Dolphins12 5 2 5 12:11 17

9. Nembe 12 5 2 5 13:15 17

10. Lobi 12 5 2 5 10:13 17

11. Enyimba 12 4 4 4 9:5 16

12. Shooting12 5 1 6 14:15 16

13. Nasarawa12 4 4 4 11:12 16

14. Akwa 12 5 1 6 15:17 16

15. Warri 12 3 6 3 12:12 15

16. ElKanemi12 4 3 5 13:15 15

17. Kaduna 12 4 2 6 9:15 14

18. Bukola 12 3 4 5 9:12 13

19. Wikki 11 3 3 5 8:14 12

20. Sharks 12 2 5 5 5:13 11

The original table
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by novaman: 11:34pm On May 18, 2013
We need to appeal to the league body to come up with very solid league website so as to display the league table
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Uche55: 5:36pm On May 26, 2013
Enyimba 1 3sc 0
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Uche55: 6:07pm On May 26, 2013
Full time, enyimba 1 3sc 0. Chinedu udeoji dstv man of the match.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Roland17(m): 2:33am On May 27, 2013
Heartland 1-0 Sunshine Stars
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ZUBY77(m): 9:03am On May 27, 2013
Results.... Kano pillars trashed..

Heartland 1 - 0 Sharks
Rangers 2 - 0 Sunshine Stars
Nasarawa United 2 - 1 ABS F.C. Enyimba 1 - 0 3SC
Nembe City 2 - 0 Akwa United
Warri Wolves 4 - 0 Bayelsa United Kaduna United 1 - 0 Wikki Tourists Kwara United 3 - 0 Kano Pillars
Gombe United 2 - 2 Lobi Stars
Dolphins 1 - 0 El-Kanemi..

Heartland tops the table now..

Rangers with two outstanding, one win will take them to 3rd. While one win and one draw will see them go top.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by saintneo(m): 9:38am On May 27, 2013
ZUBY77: Results.... Kano pillars trashed..

Heartland 1 - 0 Sharks
Rangers 2 - 0 Sunshine Stars
Nasarawa United 2 - 1 ABS F.C. Enyimba 1 - 0 3SC
Nembe City 2 - 0 Akwa United
Warri Wolves 4 - 0 Bayelsa United Kaduna United 1 - 0 Wikki Tourists Kwara United 3 - 0 Kano Pillars
Gombe United 2 - 2 Lobi Stars
Dolphins 1 - 0 El-Kanemi..

Heartland tops the table now..

Rangers with two oitstanding, one win will take them to 3rd. While one win and one draw will see them go top.
two wins for rangers
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Azuist(m): 3:03pm On May 31, 2013
GOAL SCORERS CHART AT THE END OF WEEK 15[/i]

We are already in the 15th week.

NAME [i]CLUB
NO OF GOALS

BISHOP ONYEUDO GOMBE UNITED 8

VICTOR NAMO NASARAWA UNITED 6
FRED OKWARA DOLPHINS F.C 6
OGHENEKARO ETEBOR WARRI WOLVES 6

RABIU ALI KANO PILLARS 5
UCHE IHUARULAM BAYELSA UNITED 5
GWAR SIBI ENYIMBA 5
MUSA NAJARE WARRI WOLVES 5

YAHAYA ADAMU KWARA UNITED 4
IGHODALOR OSAGONA SHOOTING STARS 4
JOSEPH OSAJAYE WARRI WOLVES 4

ICHULL LORDSON ABS 3
BITRUS DADA RANGERS 3
OGHOGHO ODUKPE RANGERS 3
IKECHUKWU IBENEGBU HEARTLAND 3
CHIMAOBI NWAOGWU LOBI STARS 3
SAMUEL AKINBINU NEMBE CITY 3
AMARACHI UKAEGBU HEARTLAND 3
BARNABAS IMENGAR LOBI STARS 3
NNAMSO EDO AKWA UNITED 3
PETER EBIMOBOWEI BAYELSA UNITED 3

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by k4kenny(f): 5:18pm On Jun 02, 2013
Hi there. My first time on d thread. Does heartland have a match in abuja this weekend? Saw their bus and players in a hotel in wuse 3 yesterday. Woa! That was some a$$ whooping on 3sc cheesy
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Azuist(m): 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
k4kenny: Hi there. My first time on d thread. Does heartland have a match in abuja this weekend? Saw their bus and players in a hotel in wuse 3 yesterday. Woa! That was some a$$ whooping on 3sc cheesy

yeah love, heartland played a rescheduled match against kano pillars yesterday in abuja, and we(heartland) lost by a lone goal.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Bondd: 2:46pm On Jun 04, 2013
Please does anyone here know the offiial website of the NPFL?
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by akinnzo(m): 10:07am On Jun 18, 2013
@Bondd The NPFL is yet to have a website however i learned that Super Sport is developing a website for NPFL. how soon that will be active i dont know. I still can reffer you to some website that are strictly about Nigerian Football(no foriegn content)

- www.naijasportscentre.com
-www.9jafootball.com
-www.footyalert..com

You can even get live score update from NPFL and NNL venues on your black berry. so if you are on blackberry and you love Nigerian news update then add this pin-33006847
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by akinnzo(m): 10:10am On Jun 18, 2013
#NPFL: Nigeria Professional Football League Week 19 Full Time Scores.

-Porthacourt
- Dolphins 2:0 Bayelsa Utd
--Aba
- Enyimba 1:0Heartland
--Kaduna

-Kaduna Utd 3:0 ABS
--Gombe
-Gombe Utd 4:1 Akwa Utd
--Kano
-Kano Pillars 2:0 El-Kanemi Warriors
--Ilorin
- Kwara Utd 2:0 3SC
--Katsina Ala
-Lobi Stars 1:0 Wikki Tourist
--Lafia
-Nasarawa Utd 2:0 Enugu Rangers
--Yenegoa
-Nembe City 1:0 Sharks
--Warri
-Warri Wolves 2:0 Sunshine Stars
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by akinnzo(m): 10:15am On Jun 18, 2013
#NPFL -Nigeria National League Week 19-Log

•Pst. •Team. •Pld. •Pnts

-•1 Kano Pillars. 19. 36

-•2 Kwara Utd. 19. 32

-•3 Warri Wolves. 18. 30
-------
-•4 Bayelsa Utd. 19. 29

-•5 Heartland FC. 19. 28

-•6 Enyimba. 19. 28

-•7 Dolphins 19. 28

-•8 Nasarawa Utd. 19. 28

-•9 Gombe Utd 19. 28

-•10 Sunshine Stars. 19. 27

-•11 Lobi Stars. 19. 26

-•12 Kaduna Utd 19. 26

-•13 Nembe City 19. 26

-•14 3SC. 18. 25

-•15 El Kanemi Warriors. 19. 25

-•16 Rangers Int'l. 16. 24
--------------
-•17 ABS FC. 19. 22

-•18 Akwa Utd. 18. 21

-•19 Wikki Tourists. 18. 20

-•20 Sharks FC. 18. 17
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by akinnzo(m): 10:59am On Jun 18, 2013
•The Tale of A White Lion.

City of David Utd Football club are based in Lagos and feature in the Nigeria National League(NNL).

The 'White Lion' first had a feel of the Nigeria National League a season a go but had to wait till the last day of the abridge league of 2011/2012 to know their status.

A team that has taught football clubs in Nigeria how to
do things the right way even in a harsh economy, a team that has ignored the negatives and excuses but focused on the positives.

In their first season in the second tier league in the country, they showed their intent right from the blast but fizzled out in the later stage of season waiting till the last day of the season to know where they'll feature the next season. They got to the semi final stage of the 2012 Lagos state federation cup losing out on penalties to non league side Fame FC.

This current season the White Lion exhibited the experience they gathered the previous season and right from the blast again, they were always amongst the top four in group B of the Nigeria National League.

Just like they did last season giving out a motor cycle "okada" and other prizes to their fans during their home games, this year is filled with much fun as fans made sure they see their beloved club, COD Utd play at the Onikan Stadium, cheer the team to victory and win something.

So far COD Utd have since assumed a position of doing things the right way. They've got a functioning junior team which has produced the likes of Ismaila Podoh, a 15years old SS2 student and the youngest player to ever feature in the Nigeria National league (NNL).

Gaining promotion to the Apex league in Nigeria (NPFL) has always been their target but again the club that is gradually building a strong supporters base might say good bye to promotion ticket and focus on keeping their status intact in the NNL even as they are yet to pick a point on the road this season.

The Current champion of Lagos State Federation Cup will also feature in the Nationals (Federation Cup) in 2013 for the first time and their first battle against a lower league side Lokoja FC who were crowed champions of Kogi State last year succumb to roaring of the White Lion from Lagos .

Within the last two years the likes of Samuel Abimbola, Olabode Awakan have done their bit with the team but they've since been shown the exit door and their current coach, Austin 'Cerezo' Eguavoen who said he's happy to join COD Utd because of the structure they have in place will have a tough task of making a positive impact in the 2013 Federation Cup and keeping their status intact in the Nigeria National League.

COD Utd have since changed status from table toppers to mid table team. The big question is, will they repeat the relegation battle of last season after having a feel of how the top of the log looks like or will they make difference with less than five matches to go in the league?

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by akinnzo(m): 4:13pm On Jun 18, 2013
#NPFL Rescheduled match at the Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium Enugu.
Wednesday, June 19, 2013- Enugu Rangers Vs. 3SC.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by kanechimex(m): 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2013
nembe city all d way
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by akinnzo(m): 2:53am On Jun 19, 2013
The Nigeria Professional Football League #NPFL official transfer window opened on the 17th of June however the league will resume on the 3rd of July.

So far the NPFL has recorded 10 away wins this season with Kano Pillars and Kwara Utd winning twice on the road. The likes of Nasarawa Utd,Nembe City,ABS FC, Rangers Int'l,Heartland and Warri Wolves have all won on away ground. Both ABS and Nembe City have alsolost twice at home while Heartland, Wikki Tourist, Sharks,Lobi Stars,Kwara Utd and 3SC have all lost at home this term.

380 goals has been scored so far with 32 draws recorded that means we had 144 home wins as well. With Rangers hosting 3SC of Ibadan at the Nnamdi Akiwe stadium Enugu today in a rescheduled match the goals might increase or probably the away win or home loss might as well increase .

you can follow us on www.footyalert..com for updates on Nigeria Football

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (157) (Reply)

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? / Boy Wins 43 Million Naira On Bet9ja In Benue With Just 100 Naira(sreenshots) / Rare Photo Of Emiliano Sala's Recovered Body(graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.