Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,301 members, 7,881,106 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:33 PM

Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) (268612 Views)

Official NPFL 2014-2015 Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by akinnzo(m): 7:11am On Jun 21, 2013
Big Portuguese interest in Braga-bound Osuchukwu
......As Kayseri throws big opening day party

The opening ceremony of the FIFA U20 World Cup will be staged in the city of Kayseri on Friday evening after the tournament’s first game between Cuba and South Korea.The match between the Flying Eagles and Portugal will also be played at the Kayseri Kadir Has Stadium after what is expected to be a colourful opening ceremony.

Kick-off for this game is 7pm Nigerian time.

Top dignitaries expected at the opening ceremony including Turkish Prime Minister Recep Erdogan and FIFA president Joseph Sepp Blatter. Kayseri is the fourth largest city in Turkey with a population of over a million people. It is known for its furniture and major industries. It is a beautiful hilly city, which has enjoyed tremendous transformation in the last 10 years.

Big Portuguese interest in Braga-bound Osuchukwu

The Portuguese media in Kayseri have been asking Flying Eagles forward Chidi Osuchukwu who is bound for Portuguese club Sporting Braga.

Several reporters and photographers accosted Flying Eagles media officer Samm Audu during the team’s final training at the Kadir Has Stadium in Kayseri on Thursday demanding to know more about the left-sided Dolphins forward. Interview bookings have also been made with Osuchukwu after Friday’s showdown with Portugal.

Braga have announced Osuchukwu, who can play on the left side of attack or as a central midfielder, has signed a four-year deal with them pending a medical.

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by akinnzo(m): 7:22am On Jun 21, 2013
Nigeria National League Wk25 Log

-Group A.

-•Pst. -•Team. -•Pnt. -•Pld.

-•1 Giwa FC. 45. 24

-•2 FC Taraba. 39. 23
------------------

-•3 DSS FC. 37. 23

-•4 Mighty Jets FC. 36. 24

-•5 Plateau Utd. 36. 23

-•6 Sokoto Utd. 34. 23

-•7 Ranchers Bees FC. 34. 23

-•8 TEAP FC. 33. 24

-•9 Spotlight FC. 32. 23

-•10. Niger Tornadoes. 32. 23

-•11 Jigawa G S. 32. 23

-•12 JUTH FC. 30. 23
--------------
-•13 Kogi Utd. 28. 23

-•14 Adamawa Utd. 27. 22

-•15 FC Abuja. 24. 22

----Group B

-•Pst. -•Team. -•Pnt. -•Pld.

-•1 Crown. FC. 38. 22

-•2 Abia Warriors. 35. 22
--------------------
-•3 Unicem Rovers. 35. 22

-•4 Gabros Utd. 34. 21

-•5 Gateway FC. 34. 22

-•6 Remo Stars. 34. 21

-•7 C.O.D Utd. 31. 22

-•8 MFM. 31. 22

-•9. Prime FC. 31. 22

-•10 Bendel Insurance 30. 21

-•11 Akwa Starlet FC. 28. 21

-•12 Abia Comets. 27. 22
-----------------
-•13 Rising Stars. 26. 22

-•14 Fountain FC. 23. 21

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by akinnzo(m): 10:58am On Jun 21, 2013
Nigeria National League : Week 26 Fixtures

--Jos
--23/06
•JUTH FC Vs. Spotlight

--Kaduna
---22/06
•Ranchers Bees Vs. DSS (derby)

--Abuja
---23/06
•FC Abuja Vs. TEAP FC (derby)

--Yola
--22/06
•Adamawa Utd Vs FC Taraba

--Kano (Niger T have been banished to Kano)
---22/06
•Niger Tornadoes Vs. Giwa FC

--Lokoja
---22/06
•Kogi Utd Vs. Jigawa GS

--Jos
---22/06
•Plateau Utd Vs. Sokoto Utd.

--Uyo
--23/06
•Akwa Starlet Vs. Bendel Insurance

--Lagos
--22/06
•COD Utd Vs. MFM

--Akure
--22/06
•Rising Stars Vs. Prime

--Umuahia
--22/06
•Abia Comets Vs. Unicem Rovers

--Ijebu Ode
--23/06
•Remo Stars Vs. Fountain

--Umuahia
--23/06
•Abia Warriors Vs. Gabros Int'l
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by akinnzo(m): 10:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
•Same of The Same I Guess But Why Did COD Utd Loose Character?

Football still remains a strong tool to foster unity in Nigeria yet this same tool has scared a lot of passionate fans from different league venues in Nigeria. What should one focus one on? Who is to be blamed, finding/suggesting a solution or to stay mute.

Personally I've seen a lot of league matches in Nigeria and I can say some venues are peaceful depending on the opponent while some aren't. Because football is more of an emotional thing,most fans tend to be biased and in some cases they vent their anger mostly on the referee.

Onikan Stadium, the home ground of City of David Football Club has always been a peaceful venue though they've never had a full capacity in any of their matches but it has always been peaceful. Usually you sight families, old and young come to see them play at Onikan but that changed in their week 26, Nigeria National League (NNL) match against MFM which they lost at home.

I was completely astonished to see COD united officials (some of their technical crew) in serious fight before kick off. The security men picked up a fan of the home team who trade blows
with MFM team manger 35minutes to kick off. As one thought things are under control a series of fights at different spot were seen. Though the match went on with no distraction but event outside of the pitch were enough to scare fans away from ever visiting the Onikan water front.

The scene took a much more embarrassing shape when COD Utd bus driver, Peter Iduku
took an official of Lagos FA to the cleaners. As much as I would have loved to post the pictures of this scene, I still want to see if the club will take an action to curb such act else we shall upload the video and pictures.

An official of the stadium who pleaded anonymity said he rushed to the stadium after receiving a call about the situation at the stadium, when he checked at the home team he felt sad at the approach of COD utd players who he claimed the shouted at him in their dressing room

"This is the last thing I expected from COD, can you imagine I got a call about the situation at the stadium and decided to check. I went straight to the home team and I was supprised at the way their players shouted at me," the official said.

After the match, the visiting team supporters went into the pitch with ease even as the few security men  on ground looked on.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by akinnzo(m): 9:34am On Jul 09, 2013
2013 NNL: Two Matches Left, Promotion Ticket at Stake, Relegation Drama on Point.

The Nigeria National League has gotten to a stage where teams have to give their all.
With just two matches to go in the Nigeria National League (NNL) , only Giwa FC (49 points)of Jos have secured a promotion ticket in a league that will produce four top teams to feature in the Glo Nigeria Premier League next season.

FC Taraba (42 points), a team from .....http://footyalert..com/2013/07/2013-nnl-two-matches-left-promotion.html
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Evestar200(f): 10:02am On Jul 23, 2013
UP WARRI WOLVES
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by akinnzo(m): 3:57am On Jul 31, 2013
SUNDAY MBA Makes Goal 50 List of World's Top Players

http://footyalert..com/2013/07/ ... orlds.html
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by akinnzo(m): 2:39pm On Aug 02, 2013
NPL Week 23 Fixtures

-Bauchi

Wikki Tourists Vs BAYELSA UNITED (Restoration Boys )

-Kano

Kano Pillars ( Masu Gida) Vs. Akwa United (Promise Keppers)

-Katsina Ala
http://footyalert..com/2013/08/weekend-football-fixtures-npl-week-23.html
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by SportsDey: 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2013
Our guy Sunday Mba is finally happy with Enugu Rangers http://www.sportsdey.com/2013/08/sunday-mba-officially-with-enugu-rangers.html

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ortopazz(m): 9:11am On Aug 08, 2013
Evestar200: UP WARRI WOLVES

tah . . . .tah, .Politiks wil kil our football imagine the thrash they did in d case. . AKWA UTD stil came tops. . .
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ortopazz(m): 9:15am On Aug 08, 2013
AKWA UTD. . The Promise keepers....present in the building. .. Ur Federation cup winners. . .

Nice job to all who av made thz thread burn. .we shud promote ourz. . .welldun to all of yhu. .
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ortopazz(m): 9:17am On Aug 08, 2013
Pains me that Akwa Starlets wnt make it. .. .nxt season thngs
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Evestar200(f): 10:40am On Aug 08, 2013
ortopazz:

tah . . . .tah, .Politiks wil kil our football imagine the thrash they did in d case. . AKWA UTD stil came tops. . .
and so WARRI WOLVES Is still at the second position of the league table,,and we have semi-final confederation cup match with them on aug 21,,,we will trash them like the way we trash kano pillars,,JEALOUSY tongue
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ortopazz(m): 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2013
Evestar200: and so WARRI WOLVES Is still at the second position of the league table,,and we have semi-final confederation cup match with them on aug 21,,,we will trash them like the way we trash kano pillars,,JEALOUSY tongue

make I hear word abeg. . . Warri Wolves. . .hmmm. . . .nikaazhs beat una black blue even red una no tire. . .yep congrats ur 2nd, we proved we superior to u guys. . Nw ur blaming field. . Childrenz talk, .come 21 u guys will cry. . Jus give up b4 tym, . . .Jealousy. . .hahaahaha so much 4 d word. .

AKWA UNITED. . .the PROMISE KEEPERS
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ortopazz(m): 7:14pm On Aug 08, 2013
honeric01: Heartland beat 3SC to break jinx

Heartland FC beat Shooting Stars 2-0 in an NPFL Week 12 game to record their first away win in four years.

The Naze Millionaires signalled their intention to cart away all three points on offer when Jolly Osas put them in the lead as early as the 3rd minute.

The Owerri-based club took their advantage into the break as their hosts failed to get an equaliser with Gbolahan Salami guilty of fluffing several begging chances.

Heartland put the game beyond the visitors when Ebere Odiche scored in the 68th minute to seal the impressive away win signalling the end of a four-year jinx.

Shooting Stars had picked their first point on the road last Sunday, after holding Sharks FC to a goalless draw in Port Harcourt.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/34424/heartland-fc-beat-shooting-stars-th-the-nigeria-league-for-their-first-away-win-in-four-years.

Note the sponsors on the jerseys.

e don be. . .na Jazz. . . 4yrz? . . . 4yrz?., . .choi. . . . . .choi. . . . . . .choi. . , . . , . .mehn our league is awesome . Well down Warri thieves, . .
Up The Promise Keeperz. . grin
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Evestar200(f): 11:03am On Aug 09, 2013
ortopazz:

make I hear word abeg. . . Warri Wolves. . .hmmm. . . .nikaazhs beat una black blue even red una no tire. . .yep congrats ur 2nd, we proved we superior to u guys. . Nw ur blaming field. . Childrenz talk, .come 21 u guys will cry. . Jus give up b4 tym, . . .Jealousy. . .hahaahaha so much 4 d word. .

AKWA UNITED. . .the PROMISE KEEPERS
keep dreaming,,,in ur eyes u will see WARRI WOLVES lifting the trophy and confederation cup and akwa divided will be battle 4 relegation,,,mtcheew,,the SEASIDERS 4 LIFE
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ortopazz(m): 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
Evestar200: keep dreaming,,,in ur eyes u will see WARRI WOLVES lifting the trophy and confederation cup and akwa divided will be battle 4 relegation,,,mtcheew,,the SEASIDERS 4 LIFE

beautiful one I h8 to tell u diz cos I dnt want those cheeks to sore 4rm Tearz. . .be rest assured Fed. cup is ourz. . .
PROMISE KEEPERS 4 LIFE
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Evestar200(f): 7:09am On Aug 10, 2013
ortopazz:

beautiful one I h8 to tell u diz cos I dnt want those cheeks to sore 4rm Tearz. . .be rest assured Fed. cup is ourz. . .
PROMISE KEEPERS 4 LIFE
keep dream that Akwa divide will carry that cup,,and please still dream about Akwa Divide winning the league this season too
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ortopazz(m): 2:48pm On Aug 10, 2013
Evestar200: keep dream that Akwa divide will carry that cup,,and please still dream about Akwa Divide winning the league this season too

The league is quite far 4 me 2 predikt that WarrI THUGS, . .wil hijack it, its 2 clean to be dainted by those thugs and their political antics wiich ThE PROMISE KEEPERS shunned them. . keep ur faith bashed. . .Fed cup is ourz. . . .warri thugs cnt do us nathing. . *in Kanyez voice*

THE PROMISE KEEPERZ. . .. . .

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Evestar200(f): 4:58pm On Aug 11, 2013
ortopazz:

The league is quite far 4 me 2 predikt that WarrI THUGS, . .wil hijack it, its 2 clean to be dainted by those thugs and their political antics wiich ThE PROMISE KEEPERS shunned them. . keep ur faith bashed. . .Fed cup is ourz. . . .warri thugs cnt do us nathing. . *in Kanyez voice*

THE PROMISE KEEPERZ. . .. . .
kip ranting cuz u will cry foul the day Akwa divided lose to Warri wolves,,in fed cup and relegated to the NNL
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2013
When People Criticize the League and switch allegiance to Foreign Leagues I dont blame them.

How do u expect me to Support a league that has got no Official Website? A league where match officials are not guaranteed of their Safety?

How do U expect me to Support a League where Businessmen are at the helm of the League's management? Players wages and Sign on fees are paid after 2yrs of Service?

A League where 90% of home games are sure wins. No Stability in the Club's management.

A League where a Player gets to belong to two teams.

You're now Struggling with a name for the League Abi?

Oluwa would See y'all through...
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ortopazz(m): 11:58am On Aug 13, 2013
El Guapo: When People Criticize the League and switch allegiance to Foreign Leagues I dont blame them.

How do u expect me to Support a league that has got no Official Website? A league where match officials are not guaranteed of their Safety?

How do U expect me to Support a League where Businessmen are at the helm of the League's management? Players wages and Sign on fees are paid after 2yrs of Service?

A League where 90% of home games are sure wins. No Stability in the Club's management.

A League where a Player gets to belong to two teams.

You're now Struggling with a name for the League Abi?

Oluwa would See y'all through...

wish i cud gv u d ryt answerz buh the Nff dnt listen so its pointless. .
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ortopazz(m): 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
Evestar200: kip ranting cuz u will cry foul the day Akwa divided lose to Warri wolves,,in fed cup and relegated to the NNL

for your reading pleasure

The Uyo side has said that they will
beat the Seasiders any time they meet
this season Akwa United Technical Director, Charles Bassey has said that the team
is far better than Warri Wolves this
season. The Promise Keepers defeated the
Warri side 1-0 in a rescheduled League
game last Wednesday at the Dan
Anyiam Stadium after the first game
ended abruptly at the Uyo Stadium. Referee Henry Ogunyanmode alleged
fans of the home side assaulted him
and refused to continue play in the
second half. The Organising and Disciplinary
Committee of Nigeria Football
Federation ordered that the remaining
45 minutes should be played before
the Appeals Committee told the two
teams to go to Owerri and replay the game. Bassey told Goal that the victory over
Warri Wolves has shown that Akwa
United is destined for success this
season in spite of the position of the
team on the League Table. “We have a better team than Warri
Wolves. We have also been vindicated
because a lot of people thought we
have a hand in what happened in Uyo. “But we have been able to prove that
we can beat Warri Wolves anywhere in
Nigeria. Akwa United is improving by
the day and apart from Warri Wolves,
we have also beaten Enugu Rangers in
Owerri and Federation Cup defending champions Heartland in Kaduna. “My happiness is that the team is
peaking at the right time and it is good
for us because the Premier League and
Federation Cup has entered crucial
moments. “We are going to continue to do our
best, but for now we have been able
to show everybody that we have a
good team and can also spring
surprises when least expected,”
Bassey summed up. Akwa United and Warri Wolves will
meet in the semi-finals of the
Federation Cup, August 21 in Bauchi.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/08/08/4173608/we-are-better-than-warri-wolves-akwa-united?ICID=CP_3329
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by TochiPhotos(m): 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
Check my latest thread for yesterday's match pictures from Ilorin. Kwara Utd vs Rangers of Enugu.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (157) (Reply)

Boy Wins 43 Million Naira On Bet9ja In Benue With Just 100 Naira(sreenshots) / Rare Photo Of Emiliano Sala's Recovered Body(graphic Pic) / Dream League Soccer 2018 (DLS 18) Apk + Obb Data Download And Installation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.