Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,521 members, 7,965,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 08:16 AM

Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? (15201 Views)

Poll: I prefer:-

Abuja: 50% (65 votes)
Lagos: 50% (65 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad / Knowing Lagos: Where Is Dis?(photo) / Delta Line Transport Park At Mainland,lagos. Where? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by onyeben: 11:39am On May 21, 2009
F**k Abuja & Lagos. Prefer to live in Florida. Lovely beaches, Lovelier women, Disneyworld etc. Can u beat that.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by phantom(m): 11:42am On May 21, 2009
Hmm, Lived in ph for about twenty years but abuja is it for me, Visited lag a while back, I cant live there God forbid, Port-harcourt is hell for me,make i now come live for lag wey be ph senior brother?No way.I no fit spend 25 out of my expectant 100yrs in traffic, lol, Very soon,lagos go be 'fly in,catch fun,fly out'city.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by oge4real(f): 11:43am On May 21, 2009
Abuja all the way!
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by kshow1(m): 11:44am On May 21, 2009
The last time i was in 9ja i was in Abuja, aside from beauty i no Gbadun the place cos can be dead atimes.
Lagos na the place o.

EKO FOR SHOW !!!!!!!!
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by sarahwhite: 12:33pm On May 21, 2009
walwell , as for me i prefer Abuja to Lagos. But honestly, have not been to Abuja but have heard and sees picture of it.but i've been to Lagos .so i will really like to work there.pls if u guys have for work for me pls do contact me ok.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by eminemkayc: 12:37pm On May 21, 2009
OMO NA EKO OOOO FOR ME!!! NOTHING LIKE THIS CITY I SWEAR!!! smiley smiley smiley NOTHING I NEVER SEE FOR THIS CITY!! FROM NAKED WOMEN TO LADIES OF ALL SHAPES AND SIZES!! grin grin grin grin grin INFACT A RECENT STUDY HAD IT THAT THERE IS AT LEAST A CITIZEN OF EVERY NATION IN LAG!!! SO I LUV DA CITY, MY OPINION THOUGH tongue tongue tongue
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by niyi9ice: 1:05pm On May 21, 2009
eko o ni baje oh lagos 4 lif no place fit b lik eko u wk d mney and spnd it kol abj u gt d mney and pay landlord tongue
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by AjaraEwuro: 1:09pm On May 21, 2009
onyeben:

F**k Abuja & Lagos. Prefer to live in Florida. Lovely beaches, Lovelier women, Disneyworld etc. Can u beat that.

fu ck u for fu cking Abj and Lagos - this is how you fail exams.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by Wumine(f): 1:15pm On May 21, 2009
For me, its Abuja all the way.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by emmydee(m): 1:23pm On May 21, 2009
been in Lagos for 10 years, but each time am in Abuja, I feel I should not go back to Lagos. Abuja is simply a place meant for residence, Lagos is too busy.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by sarahwhite: 1:25pm On May 21, 2009
pls i wnt to visit abj who will take me there?
i want to live and work there.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 21, 2009
sarahwhite:

pls i wnt to visit abj who will take me there?
i want to live and work there.

i'm inviting you anytime.all expense paid. as for me, i'd prefer sokoto.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by KnowAll(m): 2:18pm On May 21, 2009
Abuja looks like a suburb it does not look like a real town, maybe because the sidewalks have not got people selling pepper and all kind of things
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by dtwsola(m): 2:37pm On May 21, 2009
Abuja does not have waterfront, and hence no beaches. Lagos, on the other hand, has the potential be a tropical paradise a la Jamaica, and the Caribbean islands. Abuja, unfortunately, is landlocked. Lagos for me, sha. Hopefully I'm not too old when this Eko Atlantic thing manifests.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by emyworld: 2:42pm On May 21, 2009
i prefer Abuja. Lagos has loads of traffic, criminals and spirits walking everywhere, but thanks to raji fashola, its getting better by the day, but still retains its core characteristics even though its been reduced cool
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by BloodShed1: 2:55pm On May 21, 2009
blacksta:

i Prefer London anytime.

LOL, beat me to it.

Damn I cant wait to get back in a few months. Back to civilization lol
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by solosimple(m): 3:07pm On May 21, 2009
Eko ile with many wahala. I'm proud to be a Lagisian but sincerely if I can get a good job in Abuja, I'ld run out of Lagos immediately. Chai, Lagos wahala is too much!
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by shawn123: 3:10pm On May 21, 2009
AFTER 6 IN LAGOS,why would i choose Lagos and spend all day in traffice, wake up at 4:30 am, and get back home at 10:30 pm all in name of traffice. Horrible okada men, horrible molues\buses and conductors, armed robbery, God forbid.

ABUJA ALL THE WAY BABY, NO OKADA, CHEAP TAXI'S (200-500 MAX), LOVELY ROADS, SECURITY, NICE CLUBS, DAMN MAN I LOVE THAT TOWN[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by phemygee(m): 3:17pm On May 21, 2009
To be sincere, Abuja is a happening place to be for those that have the money otherwise, you will end up blaming yourself for not having money on you. Have ur cash and life in Abuja is all yours.

Abuja: Heartbeat of Nigeria
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by phantom(m): 3:30pm On May 21, 2009
@shawn, Lol, I swear abuja make sense die! I no min to dey fly enter ph weekends cos lets face it i am also a p-towner for life, lol
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by AmAlone: 3:31pm On May 21, 2009
The World Take Note, Abuja Take Note
Come To Lay-gos And Learn How To Party
Is Like A Thousand O'clock In The Morning And People Are Still There
Waow! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Lagos, Lagos, Lay-gossssss!
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by phantom(m): 3:35pm On May 21, 2009
But you know why i like lag?Wit that your small 40k salary you go drink well plus carry 500naira prosties still pay house rent.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by nomanicole(f): 4:04pm On May 21, 2009
1st of all the question is Abuja or lagos,where would u like to live? not where in the world would you like to live? i.e for those naming other places.

lagos ? night life? during the week when u have to wake up at 3-4am to get to the office at 8am, then u close for the day at 5-6pm,get home at 10-11pm,i mean, u dont even have time to eat and rest ,i guess that also makes lagos dead too.
pls can u compare to a city where u have to resume work at 8-9am and can still wake up at 7am and still meet up,then make it home before you say jack! please for the regular weekend night thingy
please if you dont have a car in lagos can u get a taxi at 3am when u need to change clubs? i dont think so cos u could get robbed while waiting,no security! somebody said you can work in lag ,earn 40k,drink and pay hookers,what do i call dat? poverty? i didnt just say that. i bet people saying lag is better haven't been to abj.my opinion.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by shawn123: 4:49pm On May 21, 2009
nomanicole:

1st of all the question is Abuja or lagos,where would u like to live? not where in the world would you like to live? i.e for those naming other places.

lagos ? night life? during the week when u have to wake up at 3-4am to get to the office at 8am, then u close for the day at 5-6pm,get home at 10-11pm,i mean, u dont even have time to eat and rest ,i guess that also makes lagos dead too.
pls can u compare to a city where u have to resume work at 8-9am and can still wake up at 7am and still meet up,then make it home before you say jack! please for the regular weekend night thingy
please if you dont have a car in lagos can u get a taxi at 3am when u need to change clubs? i dont think so cos u could get robbed while waiting,no security! somebody said you can work in lag ,earn 40k,drink and pay hookers,what do i call dat? poverty? i didnt just say that. i bet people saying lag is better haven't been to abj.my opinion.

GBAM!!!!!!! ACCURATE POINT!!!!!
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by phantom(m): 6:05pm On May 21, 2009
@noman, Chei this girl i am trippin for you already, lol, But you get mind o! lol.Seriously?Well said.Couldnt have put it better meself.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by AmAlone: 6:26pm On May 21, 2009
nomanicole:

Now to me you no really make any sense lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
the question is where would you like to live or work.

And speak for yourself. I love Lagos.
Go to abuja, spend a day or two, say a month and am back to LA
where my hommies live. The city of AJ--Jen Jen Quarters, opposite Iya kubura. . .  grin grin grin grin
Ha! Na Wa For You OOoooooo shocked shocked shocked
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by phantom(m): 7:19pm On May 21, 2009
@amalone, U just typify everything lagos, NOISE & HYPE! Simple
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by platinumnk(f): 7:39pm On May 21, 2009
i love lagos wink
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by MaiSuya(m): 8:51pm On May 21, 2009
[size=16pt]ABUJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by banom(m): 8:54pm On May 21, 2009
How can someone even think of comparing Abuja and Lagos , if you have a good source of income in Abuja, you will enjoy the great pleasure , ABJ is sweet,cool and rich, Lagos is dirty , roudy and unsafe.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by rite2salas(m): 8:56pm On May 21, 2009
[size=32pt]LAGOS - Center of Excellence![/size]
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by hackney(m): 9:02pm On May 21, 2009
For me it's Abuja ; super-chilled and has got it all too.
Clean city with serious power supply
The roads are Mwuaaah!! (though the designers left out drainage but still. .
.)

The people are mellow and the infrastructure are really ok
Love it, love it love it!! cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naija In Slovenia / FAAN Begins Investigation On How Intruder Climbed Aircraft / Travelling To China..make Enquiries Here!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.