Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,737 members, 7,898,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:19 PM

Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? (15097 Views)

Poll: I prefer:-

Abuja: 50% (65 votes)
Lagos: 50% (65 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad / Knowing Lagos: Where Is Dis?(photo) / Delta Line Transport Park At Mainland,lagos. Where? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by AjaraEwuro: 9:05pm On May 21, 2009
because you dont see gutters you now think they left out drainage, very funny.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by Redman44(m): 9:14pm On May 21, 2009
I prefer Abuja to Lagos. Abuja is really nice and it is a well organized place. Lagos is too congested and full of rowdiness. I was in Abuja some years ago and the place was really lovely. One city that has failed to live up to its potential is Ibadan. It should be Nigeria's Houston or Nevada. Now that Adedibu is dead, I hope the ancient city will take its place among the best cities in Nigeria and Africa.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by Oxone(m): 9:37pm On May 21, 2009
i prefer lagos anyday grin grin grin grin
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by SamMilla1(m): 9:46pm On May 21, 2009
Business - Lagos.
Politician - Abujah.
School - Enugu
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by init4dmoni(m): 9:52pm On May 21, 2009
na ashawo tongue and politicians tongue(chasing eachother) full abuja
lagos beta pass jare angry grin grin
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by niggapop(m): 10:07pm On May 21, 2009
yeah some times back lagos is bam, but now Abuja is uncompearable to lagos. cool
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by KnowAll(m): 10:24pm On May 21, 2009
most people shouting Abuja, if you live in ikoyi would u want to live in Abuja, Abuja is an artificial town. Omo the most expensive peice of real estate in Africa is ikoyi lagos. I will give up where Iam living in London if I can afford something in Ikoyi.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by phantom(m): 11:10pm On May 21, 2009
@hackney, lol,the drainage is underground.@knowall, Na there lagos end na, Ikoyi,v.i,lekki, 5% of lag, The rest area na sufferheads
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by MrCrackles(m): 12:38am On May 22, 2009
Lagos baybee! cheesy
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by dedeike: 2:17am On May 22, 2009
lets go scientific and factual. mr. x  lives in ogba and he wakes up by 4am to go to work at highbrow VI. he spends 3hrs in a rickety bus  due to traffic and gets to d office by 8am. work ends by 4 but mr . x can only get back home at 10pm.he decides to hang out @ allen avenue. its 11.30 pm and mr x doesn"t have a car. imagine it.
mr. y lives in gwarinmpa(the biggest estate in west Africa) and works in maitama(choicest place in NIGERIA) .he wakes up by 7.30am and takes a drop @ 300naira.he gets to the office b4 8am.At the close of work by 4pm, he retires to his house b4 4.30pm. he has some sleep and decides to hang out by 7pm. unlike a lagosian,  mr. y has d option of cooling off first in any of the luxurious gardens or parks close to his residence. Thereafter he can proceed  to d red  light district @ area11. By 12 midnight, mr y can just stroll out of red light district and take a drop of 250 naira to any of d numerous nite clubs in Wuse 2, Maitama,or Asokoro.No touts, no area boys and no opc. its all street lights, green trees and flowers. Abj doesnt go to bed. its like LAS VEGAS @ night. little wonder everyone is now running to ABJ to stage big events. talk of d MTV MAMA awards, thisday awards, hip hop awards, and now MTV Nigeria sings. ABJ is it.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by mahabone(m): 2:29am On May 22, 2009
Presently, i think the Federal Capital  City Abuja have a little edge over Lagos in terms of structures, efficient road networks and enviromental cleaniness. Abuja per say is a modern city, but with the numerous mega projects currently going on in Lagos-modern estates springing up here and there, more especially the proposed EKO ATLANTIC CITY, i begin to think Lagos will soon wrestle that title away from Abuja. But on the flip side, when it comes to actual living that's our day 2 day activites i find lagos more fabulous. It's an obvious fact that Abuja is abode of the rich and famous, not quite poorman friendly. This expalins why nite life or living generally is on the boring side in Abuja, whereas Lagos is the playground for the rich and poor. The crimes, hustling and bustling of Lagos makes it a bit unigue and exciting  and once one get used to this vices, lagos is the REAL DEAL. Let's not forget the territorial waters surrounding Lagos which if properly harnessed is a big advantage over Abuja. Lagos is a jungle, no holds bar yet Lagos gives hope to the poorman hence the will to survive is there. 4 me it's Lagos 4ever.

Click on this link for Video of EKO ATLANTIC CITY MASTER PLAN cool cool cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E906CP

Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by dedeike: 3:29am On May 22, 2009
@ mahabone
''eko atlantic will wrestle the title from abuja'' wishful thinking! even FASHOLA knows its not possible for lagos to catch up with abj. he just wants to restore a little sanity. where do you start? first, you must ask d whole residents to evacuate for a year.then you embark on massive demolition of all houses in lagos starting from OJOTA. while demolition is ongoing, roads will be expanded and reconstructed with pedestrian walkways and underground drainage. flowers and green trees will also be planted  simulteanuosly.many lands will be revoked and converted to parks and gardens. Ajegunle, obalende, oworoshoki, okokmaiko and other slums will be turned to green areas. estates will now be redesigned and all new allottees required to have very low fences and a horticultural touch in front of the houses. mad men , beggars, touts , area boys , bike men will be banned. half of the population will have to go. Even bank phb will agree that all these are impossible to be done. ABJ is it.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by hackney(m): 4:46am On May 22, 2009
Abuja all the way; even the airport is so peaceful ;almost like a residential building.

@knowall ; ikoyi cost pass Maitama? it's debatable sha
(Military old boys' domain no easy sha oo!!).
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by phantom(m): 8:10am On May 22, 2009
@dede, lol, Fashola magic end for the island, If im get mind,make im go mainland do massive infrastructural revolution,
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by RuuDie(m): 9:02am On May 22, 2009
Inspite of the many ills, the hustle, the bustle, the difficulties. . . . . . Can't see myself anywhere else but Lagos!

I've done time up the dry, dusty north, down the wetlands of the south-south, the eroded, red mud of the deep east; tasted the different lifestyles - but none compares to life in Lag!

When i went to ABJ, nice place - but didn't wait to hear the last of what i was there for, took my bags and bailed. . . . . darn expensive! If you have to travel a lot of places in 1 day in that city, you'd need to have a ride to survive. . . . it was a far from pleasant experience!
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by RuuDie(m): 9:05am On May 22, 2009
dedeike:

@ mahabone
''eko atlantic will wrestle the title from abuja'' wishful thinking! even FASHOLA knows its not possible for lagos to catch up with abj. he just wants to restore a little sanity.

You've said it there man. . . . thats all Lag needs and even you ABJ peeps will be impressed!
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by RuuDie(m): 9:09am On May 22, 2009
phantom:

@hackney, lol,the drainage is underground.@knowall, Na there lagos end na, Ikoyi,v.i,lekki, 5% of lag, The rest area na sufferheads

& everybody in ABJ na bill gates pikins angry grin angry
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by londoner: 10:08am On May 22, 2009
Abuja is the better city. I dont like the constant hustle and bustle of Lagos at all. I prefer a more mellow place. Abuja gives that. Even with all the Lagos night life, you take your life into your hands by being out at night all the time.
In some ways Lagos itself stops you from enjoying Lagos.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by FerrariGP: 10:11am On May 22, 2009
lagos any day for me, but lets be factual Abja is a new city and enjoys the presence and backing of the FG.
lets not forget that the FG literally dumped lagos while moving to Abuja, also lagos is the hope of most poor nigerians looking for jobs or a start so people keep pouring into lagos for all other states thus the over-population.
if all the people in Ojota alone move to abuja am sure most of u guys will change ur views, and from what have heard most of the regular peeps in Abuja including those screaming here on NL stay in villages and outskirts like Kubwa etc
and from what i recently heard u need to leave ur abode in kubwa btw 5-5.30am to make it to abuja town around 8pm, so what are we not talikng,
so if u live in ikoyi and work on the island u enjoy same traffic situation compared to who lives in maitam and works in abuja,
Eko o ni Baje!!!
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by webprince(m): 10:43am On May 22, 2009
nice one @Ferrari: ABUJA IS A NEW CITY AND ENJOYS THE PRESENCE AND BACKING OF THE FG.

most of d posters are not really nailing d nail on d head, d Q is where do you prefer to work or to live?
Lagos is surely the best to work for starters and middle class, unless U r a politician and no doubt Abuja is the best to live, thats if U have enough cash, and most importantly have enough business ventures in Lagos, PH, etc.

I wish to live in ABJ also, when my business venture has grown well enough that my presence wont be needed as such in Lagos, but before then, NA LAGOS ALL THE WAY. 4get the traffic, etc. With God's blessing U can choose when to move around, thats if U r self employed sha!
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by floxyrangy: 2:54pm On May 22, 2009
Lagos is the place to be jare.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by Haksalam(m): 3:47pm On May 22, 2009
WHAT IS HELPING ABUJA IS because IT'S D FCT. LAG. IS WHERE D ENJOYMENT IS. ABUJA IS GOOD 2 LIVE BUT LAGOS IS THE COMMERCIAL CITY OF NAIJA.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by Nosa77(m): 4:21pm On May 22, 2009
Abuja is better
Cleaner, more peaceful, more organised, more beuatiful, less stressful, need I go on?
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by oleigh(m): 5:37pm On May 22, 2009
lagos is the best place to live in nigeria as i cannot live where i will rent a one room self contain for =n=170,000,av been to abuja the place is just too boring the place is only gud 4 the rich people but 4 d active poor suffer dey,imagine you can still eat in lagos wit at least=n=100 but dat one no dey abuja oo as a plate of food na =n=300,the place only gud 4 those fraudstars and thieves in nigeria.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by mrofficial(m): 6:50pm On May 22, 2009
[size=20pt]Lagos! [/size]
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by OneNaija(m): 10:54pm On May 22, 2009
@oleigh Thanks you May God bless you all your life. You speak my mind
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by dedeike: 4:08am On May 23, 2009
Abj is both 4 d common man and d rich. its all about planning. food crops like yam, potato,onions, tomato abound @ relatively cheap prices. transportation is cheap and luxurious. its only in Abj that one can pick a drop for as low as 150naira(equivalent of bike fare to some places in lagos). the average fare for a drop in lagos is 1,500naira.Therefore, in Abj drop is accessible to everybody but not so in lagos. HOUSING- In Abj, everywhere is highbrow hence u get good value for your rent. but in lagos, people pay heavily to live in delapidated buildings and collapse prone houses. SECURITY- The common man in abj could wake up by 2.30am and go about his lawful business.In lagos, he does so at his own peril.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by phantom(m): 4:27pm On May 23, 2009
Word!
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by banom(m): 9:09pm On May 23, 2009
ABJ ROCKS LOL
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by hackney(m): 10:26pm On May 24, 2009
I guess its like comparing NewYork and LA.
One is all day everyday bustle with no space and the other one bustles but not so much though it has the best crazy-expensive housing.
Depending on what you really like,you choose one or the other as they are very different.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by BloodShed1: 10:55am On May 25, 2009
hackney:

I guess its like comparing NewYork and LA.
One is all day everyday bustle with no space and the other one bustles but not so much though it has the best crazy-expensive housing.
Depending on what you really like,you choose one or the other as they are very different.

What are you talking about? LA and NY are much more comparable than Abuja to Lagos.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by RuuDie(m): 1:17pm On May 25, 2009
dedeike:

Abj is both 4 d common man and d rich. its all about planning.

All places in naija are for both rich and common. . . . . . . but when you talk about the comfort, peace and serenity and all the good attributes of ABJ, who enjoys em the more

dedeike:

food crops like yam, potato,onions, tomato abound @ relatively cheap prices. transportation is cheap

Even in Mallam Madori and Kiri Kasama that is the case. . . . . .

dedeike:

its only in Abj that one can pick a drop for as low as 150naira(equivalent of bike fare to some places in lagos). the average fare for a drop in lagos is 1,500naira.Therefore, in Abj drop is accessible to everybody but not so in lagos.

how many places in ABJ can you conveniently TREK to from your house without having to take a bike, cab or bus

dedeike:
HOUSING- In Abj, everywhere is highbrow hence u get good value for your rent. but in lagos, people pay heavily to live in delapidated buildings and collapse prone houses.

How many can afford the very good houses there. . . . . . . or you want to tell me that ABJ has no shantys at all!?

dedeike:

SECURITY- The common man in abj could wake up by 2.30am and go about his lawful business.In lagos, he does so at his own peril.

Very soon, you will say that there is no crime in ABJ. . . . . rubbish!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: Airline Operators Announce Flight Disruption, Cancellation / 18 People Die As Canoe Capsizes In Bauchi / Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.