Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,445 members, 7,911,086 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 02:20 AM

NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant (30457 Views)

LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / Abdullahi Gana Appointed As NSCDC Commandant By Buhari / Funny: Channels TV Interviews NSCDC Commandant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by pappilo(m): 10:40am On Mar 16, 2013
Only in Nigeria

Where a convicted criminal is pardoned and an employee is suspended because he forgot the suffix of his employers web address.

I have laughed at the jokes but that is where it should end. The man should be allowed to carry on his job. We seem to support injustice when it is against our perceived enemies. In this case Mr Obafaiye Shem. I would like to know what he did wrong that has led to a suspension. Was it misconduct, gross miscounduct, deserving of a final warning or even a sack? Please pray tell.

I doubt the story anyway.

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by ypzilanti: 10:45am On Mar 16, 2013
Oga on top (GEJ) should pardon. grin
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by otokx(m): 10:47am On Mar 16, 2013
I doubt if the oga at the top knows what is happening.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by Ajiswaggs(m): 10:56am On Mar 16, 2013
cry o ga oo
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by bright007(f): 10:56am On Mar 16, 2013
Fastest selling movie...grab yours now

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by naptu2: 10:57am On Mar 16, 2013
pappilo: Only in Nigeria

Where a convicted criminal is pardoned and an employee is suspended because he forgot the suffix of his employers web address.

I have laughed at the jokes but that is where it should end. The man should be allowed to carry on his job. We seem to support injustice when it is against our perceived enemies. In this case Mr Obafaiye Shem. I would like to know what he did wrong that has led to a suspension. Was it misconduct, gross miscounduct, deserving of a final warning or even a sack? Please pray tell.

I doubt the story anyway.

The commandant was suspended because he did not do his job (representing the organisation) properly. The convicted criminal should also not have been pardoned. It's strange that we now condone incompetence and bad behaviour with such excuses. When a thief is caught red-handed and punished, he will complain "am I the only thief in Nigeria?" as if that is an excuse.

The question about his organisation's url was not an unexpected question. The segment was about scammers using fake NSCDC websites to dupe the public. The commandant should have been better prepared and he should not have tried to deceive/confuse the public.

Both the convicted criminal and the employee were wrong.

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by naptu2: 10:59am On Mar 16, 2013
The commandant was on the show to respond to this issue https://www.nairaland.com/1227220/nairaland-other-internets-designed-fraud
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by deelobe: 11:05am On Mar 16, 2013
Seriously! It's the person that. Put him there that should be sacked. He rose through the ranks didn't he? That's if the story is authentic.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by 5alive(m): 11:31am On Mar 16, 2013
Biyi1471: Please, how do I delete or deactivate my Nairaland Account?..
just like sex..... Abstinence is d best option
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by sobastical: 11:32am On Mar 16, 2013
Oga at the top must defend and help the small oga oo, or else..hmm. For now, dazz all!
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by ewet: 11:33am On Mar 16, 2013
I dont belive this. If someone can get suspended in naija for arse licking then 99% of nigerians will be out of work and even GEJ must be booted out for not knowing that some of those he granted state pardon had alredy being pardoned in 1999.You are all gulity of this.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by dearie(m): 11:37am On Mar 16, 2013
Please enough of this "oga @ d top" malady. It's sickening seeing it everywhere now. The message has long been passed. Continuous reminder of it could just lead 2 some fatal outcome and then we will all start feigning regret as usual.
There's a BC on BBM now on the hardship and embarrassment this has caused the nuclear family, yet we don't wanna quit talking about it until it leads 2 suicide, maybe that's when we will stop.
Please for his wife and children's sake. Let's die this matter.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by Peterboy1(m): 11:41am On Mar 16, 2013
thats what u get when due process are not taken to employ this days
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by ola4gud: 11:49am On Mar 16, 2013
Is better 2 sai d true n shame d devil u try 2 protect ur oga @ d top c wetin oga do u nw..
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by tman08: 11:58am On Mar 16, 2013
laff don burst ma belle ..........its true ... Ma broda workin wit Em confirmed it .....

OGA. @ d TOP. Take it easy ..... MAMA @ D TOP myt nt b pleased wit d suspension idea
Bt. Its all vewi funny......hahahahahahhahaha
DATZ. All
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by rawtruth(m): 11:58am On Mar 16, 2013
If the news is true then I laugh at the pettiness of our so-called leaders. Simply advise him to update his knowledge to avoid such embarrassing moments.Is he defective in his duties as a trained officer of the Civil Defence Corps? Eye-service to who dem wan do?

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by beejay4all(m): 12:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G News!
Civil Defense Suspends “My Oga At the Top”.
Reports coming in this morning indicate that
Mr Obafaiye Shem, the Lagos Commandant of
the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corp
(NSCDC), (aka My Oga At the Top) has been
Suspended by the Internal Affair Ministry.
While the details of his suspension is still not
clear as at the time of this post, but its certain
that it must be related to the embarrassing
interview, Mr Shem granted to Channels
Television early in the Week
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 16, 2013
Why una like to spread fake news?may my oga at the top forgive you,na the almighty GOD be my oga at the top
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by KwoiZabo(m): 12:10pm On Mar 16, 2013
JUO: THIS MY OGA AT THE TOP IS GETTING OUT OF HAND
abi o!
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by johnnynikky(m): 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
Ee en! Nairaland have finally succeded in suspending dis man chei. I have always sensed it dat this 'my oga @ d top' issue would turn out something else, u guys should please stop before 'my oga@ d top' go commit suicide o.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by touchmeder: 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
naptu2:

The commandant was suspended because he did not do his job (representing the organisation) properly. The convicted criminal should also not have been pardoned. It's strange that we now condone incompetence and bad behaviour with such excuses. When a thief is caught red-handed and punished, he will complain "am I the only thief in Nigeria?" as if that is an excuse.

The question about his organisation's url was not an unexpected question. The segment was about scammers using fake NSCDC websites to dupe the public. The commandant should have been better prepared and he should not have tried to deceive/confuse the public.

Both the convicted criminal and the employee were wrong.

Well spoken also in future that's what they have Public Relation officers for. The topmost oga of an organization need not talk if he cant comport himself.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by platinum131(m): 12:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
@ chiover
By the 'honourable thing ' you are insinuating that he ought to resign? Why should he have done that ? Aside from the fact that he was not eloquent enough,kept reffering to his oga at the top,didnt know his organizations website and is not sophisticated enough,what was his crime that warrants his resignation? Get real my friend !
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 16, 2013
He could get suspended by an overzealous ''Oga@the top''.

Its very obvious from this commandant's comments, his career nightmare is his superiors. I have once been with such a person, old on the job, poor working skills, very authoritative but behaves like a child infront of his superiors.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 16, 2013
PointB: Moral of the story:
Playing the loyal card do not often pay. Eventually your lies, deceits, and pretense will eventually be exposed by your glaring incompetence.

Agberos and members of their clans should take note!

Incompetence is just the right word.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
ifihearam: For those of you wearing the "My Oga at The Top" Tshirts, if perchance you bymistake enter civil defense trouble while wearing the Tshirt, you website will be www.seriousbeat­ing cough thats all.

Abeg, where can i buy the T shirt

This nah business opprtunity. BYC and printing tinz....
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by Sharrks: 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2013
Am not too sure whether his Oga at the top knows the site address also.I do not support the man's suspension in all ramification, this is simply the case of pot calling kettle black.If that notorious thief of international reputation (Alame) can be pardon.What's the man's offence? did he breach any civil service rule? this is just a case of high- handed by and over zealous Oga at the top that's afraid of the treatment his own Oga at the top will dish out to him,my phone is ringing....ah na my own Oga at the top

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by stebell(m): 12:25pm On Mar 16, 2013
Make I quick go CAC go register dis "Ask my Oga @ de top" brand cos I dey see big cash coming my way. I no wan dull like Fashola n Buhari wit their APC registration. Atleast I go customize de name for caps, T-shirts, any tin at all. I beg to leave my Oga @ de top is coming to ma office.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by dilim247: 12:29pm On Mar 16, 2013
igbsam: Finally, Nairaland and other social medias don make sure say dem suspend this man. I feel sorry for him if this is true. Meanwhile, gather all those useless OGA AT THE TOP....ask them the same question, i bet they would fail woefully, some no go even know say website starts from www. rather, dem go dey mention office address and building address....Datz all
shame on channels tv, is that how they treat their guest,bad business 4 them 2
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by platinum131(m): 12:29pm On Mar 16, 2013
@ touchmender
Dazz all
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by alexarelano(m): 12:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
Now dat Mr Shem has been suspended, & they told us to stop Oga at the top ☺ ☻. I think we should stop it.
But wait..... Did I just mentioned ''my oga at the top''? WTF! Mr. Seun, Oga at the Top of Nairaland, e ma binu ooo grin
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by Chekitaut: 12:34pm On Mar 16, 2013
everybody is singing "Oga at the top" song but the OGA at the top and the boys blow are seriously working in Lagos and beyond protecting our Gas pipe line. for i understand, i recon with them than the MEN in BLACK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burial Of Josiah Minakam: Patience Jonathan, Wike, Peter Odili & Others Attend / Alex Ekwueme's Body Arrives Awka (Live Photos) / How To Vote On Election Day, What Finger To Use - INEC issues Alert [MUST-SEE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.