Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,981 members, 7,873,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:56 AM

'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' (59324 Views)

Twinkle Star Protests At The House Of Ahmadu Ali / Oga At The Top: Wife Didn't Protest At Channels TV / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by koruji(m): 6:02am On Mar 17, 2013
I sign on to this suggestion.
Great positive thinking.

neyyo: Wifey begging Nigerians to stop making fun of this civil servant, Father n Hubby.

At this point in time, I'll do almost anything to be in this man's shoes!!!

Instead of wallow in pity, I suggest he drops his uniform and make the best of this situation while he still can. He had better get a brand manager and delve into entertainment!

Now ask me, who in Nigeria doesn't want to listen to what this dude has to say

He had better snap outta d self-pity state of mind and use this as a spring board unto greater things! He should claim the 'Oga @d top' brand and not allow people make money off his 'misery'

A single endorsement could make him more than his 'annual salary' and after all said and done let's see who has the last laff and smiles to the Bank!!!
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 6:13am On Mar 17, 2013
hello o mrs oga on top, burial ur head in shame, if i where u i wouldnt bring mysef out o. ur hubby Bleep up totally. tx.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by dilim247: 6:14am On Mar 17, 2013
sadI hate channels tv 4 dis!
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by njameso: 6:15am On Mar 17, 2013
But c'riously, My oga at the top no try. He was invited to clarify the general public on d diff btw d scam and d genuine site. I am very sure its not an impromptu. Y den did he not prepare him self. Now instead of been fairly honest, he wants to play wit everyones intelligence. I mean no disrespect ooh my oga at the top but guy u f**k big time.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by megareal: 6:25am On Mar 17, 2013
LOL @ Oga at the top .cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by AntiGbagaun(f): 6:29am On Mar 17, 2013
egbe4real: hello o mrs oga on top, burial ur head in shame, if i where u i wouldnt bring mysef out o. ur hubby Bleep up totally. tx.

shocked shocked angry

2 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by obi123: 6:30am On Mar 17, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]"GBAM!" to you too! If this was yankee, the commandant would have been parodied on Saturday Night Live and Family Guy and jested by comedians like Bill Maher and David Letterman by now. He's lucky they've only made t-shirts lol. 5 years later and people STILL make fun of Sarah Palin, whose potential position was far greater than the commandant's.[/size]

me sef i dash you a very big GBAM!!!
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by nas00(m): 6:41am On Mar 17, 2013
Madam has no case to prove at all if she really went to Channels TV studio to PROTEST. Nobody but her own husband said the words that brought the family ridicule.

It would have been more understandable if she went there to PLEAD. Something like:

Madam: Oga, greetings sir. Abeg, I know say my husband don fuckup..make una no vex.but as e be say na una help us spread the yawa on live TV, how una go take help us appeal on air to 9ja people to spare my husband?
Oga, na beg I dey so ee! cry

Producer: Waaait!!.. I cannot be able to tell you categorically that we will do sth about it now. What we are going to do eventually, it is my **** that will decide. lipsrsealed

Now, okes apart, I think that woulda worked better for oga's madam.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by obi123: 6:43am On Mar 17, 2013
azimibraun: " The woman jst made it worse". I agree with totally because if the woman true or false hd appealed to human biengs created by God, she wld expect dem to see reasons and stop bt since she is in ur view appealing to " Animals" lk dos ppl hving fun frm a fellow humans misery, she sure hs made it worse. Animals lk dis accidental social media owners. I tot dis guy who owns Nairaland ws a decent human bieng. If it ws his relative am sure he wnt promote dis, dia is more to dis life than money and fame.

but how can we move forward with people thinking like you ? who is appealing on behalf of the thousands of qualified jobless frustrated, oppressed,suppressed people in country?, who is?

ALL HAIL SOCIAL MEDIA I SAY, she should be lucky someone hasn't submitted it to BBC have your say , what will she do then?
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by jege456: 6:48am On Mar 17, 2013
I'm 100% in support of the jokes. It should serve as a wake-up call to other public office who just sit in the office and lord it over their minions, get huge emoluments while they are totally bereft of any knowledge of the offices they occupy.

They should all sit up and update themselves with knowledge of their offices. Afterall it is said that knowledge is power.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by obi123: 6:48am On Mar 17, 2013
koruji: Honestly, the first time I saw the video it did not appear to be a big deal, but there are lessons for all sides.

Shem carried the human habit of feigning knowledge of what you don't know too far, forgetting that everybody will see it. In the final analysis, it was a small mistake that should be of small consequence.

The reporters should learn to move on with grace when they see that an interviewee has been put on the spot, instead of pressing him hard over and over. If it was one of the big-time poli-thieves, one who kept $620K in bribes for example, they would neither ask him about it nor press him hard if he refused to answer questions related to his crime.

Finally, mob mentality is hard to control. Once this interview was aired the public's response was uncontrollable. It is appropriate for the wife to make the impact on her household public so that people can learn to be a bit more considerate. I hope the NSCDC would see fit to restore Mr. Shem to his job quietly - answering a question awkwardly is not an offense.

Overall, this episode shows the terrible public speaking skills of the average Nigerian, and most of our public servants who are supposed to represent us to the world. The public speaking skills of our president is just as bad - and that is just sad.

so what of showing incompetence ?
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by alexarelano(m): 7:00am On Mar 17, 2013
hmmmmn! Oga wife don dey vex ooo.
Abeg, who among U fit contact Oga at the top say her wife don dey vex?
grin cheesy
okay, sebi Oga at the top dey update their site wella? Eh ehn! Log on to http://ww.ogaatthetop that's all. Oga might be surfing nah! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by FindOut(m): 7:12am On Mar 17, 2013
koruji: Honestly, the first time I saw the video it did not appear to be a big deal, but there are lessons for all sides.

Shem carried the human habit of feigning knowledge of what you don't know too far, forgetting that everybody will see it. In the final analysis, it was a small mistake that should be of small consequence.

The reporters should learn to move on with grace when they see that an interviewee has been put on the spot, instead of pressing him hard over and over. If it was one of the big-time poli-thieves, one who kept $620K in bribes for example, they would neither ask him about it nor press him hard if he refused to answer questions related to his crime.

Finally, mob mentality is hard to control. Once this interview was aired the public's response was uncontrollable. It is appropriate for the wife to make the impact on her household public so that people can learn to be a bit more considerate. I hope the NSCDC would see fit to restore Mr. Shem to his job quietly - answering a question awkwardly is not an offense.

Overall, this episode shows the terrible public speaking skills of the average Nigerian, and most of our public servants who are supposed to represent us to the world. The public speaking skills of our president is just as bad - and that is just sad.

EOD!

I only wish we could hound and make jest of our thieving politicians the same way we have virtually disgraced this man and his family for a relatively much less offence than the daylight robbery commited by the looters.

I only wish most of those yabbing this man mercilessly can actually be able to string 4 sentences together in clear English while in a formal setting without adding pidgin or throwing bombs.

I dont usually engage in detecting gbagauns on nairaland but I have taken note of certain usernames here; if I catch any of you throwing any grammatical bombs (not typos), I shall do my best to point it out

Ogugua, I see your point more clearly now about the hypocrisy of the average Nigerian though I concur that it is something that is as widespread as it is uncontrollable to an extent.

Mr. Shem made some errors which are quite inexcusable to a large extent, but the punishment & embarassment has been more than the crime. I wonder how most of us will feel if tomorrow's dailies carry headlines like "Embattled Lagos State NSCDC Boss suffers Heart Attack. Rushed to Hospital" (GOD FORBID).

We've had our fun. I think it's enough. This man need not bear the full brunt of our anger at incompetent and corrupt public officials, especially the corrupt ones.& Someone will now tell me not to make jest of GEJ whenever he makes a gaffe (which is like almost all the time anyway).
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by FindOut(m): 7:14am On Mar 17, 2013
vicope: I stand to be corrected!
The major functions of the NSCDC are to maintain law and order in the society. To protect public installations. To reduce the crime of vandalism, oil theft etc.
If the above is correct, how can commandant Shem's inability to tell the website of the NSCDC translate to him being incompetent in the areas of maintaining law and order, protecting public properties and reducing crime?

If Senate President David Mark cannot tell us the website of the National Assembly of Nigeria (which I suppose he couldn't tell until maybe when this NSCDC saga started), does that mean that David Mark is incompetent to carry out his duty as a lawmaker, peacemaker and representative of the people?
I'm wondering!
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by FindOut(m): 7:15am On Mar 17, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Slimzy baby,

Does someone's father have to hold public office in Nigeria before he or she can criticize? Why is it difficult for some Nigerians to criticize what is wrong?[b][/b] Are you not aware that it's the complacence of Nigerians that gets these incompetent, unprepared, and foolhardy officials into their positions and keeps them there in the first place? They loot, kill, lie, and do whatever else because they know that a lot of the population will continue to "siddown dey look" and pray for better officials and governance to fall upon them. Is that the way forward? If it is, then how far has it gotten us?[/size]

Hehehehehehehehehe..... Dont worry, i know why this is funny, especially the bolded. i agree with you though
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 17, 2013
Pity who? Those heartless oga at the top abi? God forbid! See folks, these guys at the top have no atom of mercy in them, and that's why this country is in this mess. Its a fact the masses can't do anything to change this corrupt bunch of leaders, so if I get opportunity to bring just one down, you think I'll hesitate? No way! How many innocent souls are killed extrajudicially everyday? Countless? Corruption now legalised by pardoning chief alams by the president himself! Spits!!! In saner climes this man would have resigned honourably, but no its the reverse in Nigeria. The joke would die a natural death, and this man would continue enjoying undeserved salary or maybe posted to another department. Was it not in this country that an ambassedorial nominnee that couldn't recite our national anthem was told to take a bow and leave. Shioor.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by wlex8(m): 7:22am On Mar 17, 2013
salmanalone: Not a distasteful joke to me @ all. Whenever I want to laugh, I just play the video or search #oga on twitter. I'm sure the man is paying for the ignorance of his predecessors and his own too. No pity! ww.nscdc *coughs* so, dass all. ;DNot a distasteful joke to me @ all. Whenever I want to laugh, I just play the video or search #oga on twitter. I'm sure the man is paying for the ignorance of his predecessors and his own too. No pity! ww.nscdc *coughs* so, dass all.

ok, we done hear. first let me ask my Oga at the top. dass all
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by a4hafoe(m): 7:22am On Mar 17, 2013
Cn sum1 tel me wot dz oga at d top z ol abt pls!
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by imperiouxx(m): 7:23am On Mar 17, 2013
egbe4real: hello o mrs oga on top, burial ur head in shame, if i where u i wouldnt bring mysef out o. ur hubby Bleep up totally. tx.

daz or! This is the reason why that poor old man isn't beyond mistake. You guys should leave him alone abeg.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Dejideta: 7:27am On Mar 17, 2013
chiboy11: my friend in uk just told me dey re laffin at al of us now cuse of dis, make una stop ooh cuse d laff now hz xtended 2 every body

which of your friends, the one wey dey wash corpse at the morque or the one wey be gateman for oyibo or the one wey dey pack shit for old people?
Inferiority dey worry you.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by fairygeh(f): 7:30am On Mar 17, 2013
. Now are you any better than my oga at the top?see grammar #lobatan cheesy
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by alexarelano(m): 7:31am On Mar 17, 2013
a4.hafoe:
Cn sum1 tel me wot dz oga at d top z ol abt pls!
[i][/i] are u a learner? I dnt think u exist in dis planet, anyway, make I no insult u, 'cos my Oga at d top dey monitor me cheesy
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Veedon(m): 7:43am On Mar 17, 2013
alexarelano: [i][/i] are u a learner? I dnt think u exist in dis planet, anyway, make I no insult u, 'cos my Oga at d top dey monitor me cheesy

na so my oga at d top dey explain

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by luluosas(m): 7:46am On Mar 17, 2013
She should rather blame her husband for trying to put his inefficiency and failures on his boss. This goes to show that you can't always hide your true self when it is time to prove who you really are and not what people think you are. Thank you.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by xreal: 7:49am On Mar 17, 2013
I could have asked -who's fault is that?
but My Oga at the top may have other questions to ask.

grin grin grin grin

Madam, go sidan.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by ChuckD2(m): 7:53am On Mar 17, 2013
[b]All These people be acting all sanctimonious... make una comot for here if the thing dey vex una nau...
Let me make his categorically clear: "MyOgaAtTheTop" IS NO LONGER ABOUT THE NSCDC MAN. That phrase represents a concept - A name has been given to a disease in our society with symptoms like:
1. Eye service - wanting to please a superior whether he's doing things right or wrong. No one wants to discharge their duties properly these days and all we do is wanting to please the one on top - 'professionalism you'd call that' - Thanks
2. High-handedness - it is obvious that the effects of the military regime still continues to guide the way we do things - especially our older generation. Enough of the overconfidence with always wanting to subdue others by force. Live and let live
3. Silly pride - How can we move on as a people if we just cannot admit out shortcomings sometimes ...eh?
4. Lies and Cover ups - Many Nigerians today have no access to good education, good health care, potable water etc, why? Because Public officers loot and the rest of us "PARDON or COVER UP" for them and on the long run, we all suffer because the country doesn't progress. How long will you people continue to stay quiet over such?
I know some of you out there may have other points to add but whether you agree or disagree with me on this issue, the fact remains that for a change to take place, there is usually and event that draws everyone's attention to the problem at once.
For those calling for an end to this MyOgaAtTheTop matter, please channel your energies to something more worthwhile to move the country forward and ENOUGH PARDONING.
That's all.
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by werepeLeri: 7:58am On Mar 17, 2013
Half baked graduates who cant even construct correct English sentences are part of the people making jest of the man. Shameful.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by mjizzie(m): 7:58am On Mar 17, 2013
cryThis NSCDC people are even bad people, they can't support themselves during hardtime. It's a shame on them to av suspend the man and not to av support him. Mistakes do happen.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Ikiriye(m): 8:03am On Mar 17, 2013
@ all
To round up this joke it is fair enough that the social media is living up to its expectation and let it be known that only he who the cap fits should put it on not just a mediocre.
We should use this same spirit to celebrate and embarrass all govt officials that steals or fails to perform.maybe we can effect a change through this medium by also printing t-shirts,face caps of their misdeeds.cheers
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by collyno200(m): 8:11am On Mar 17, 2013
temi-temi:
What a pity!!! There's a price for everything in this life. I believed he has learn his lesson from this shameful display of his, if its other developed nations such as U.S they wouldn't even think abt it twice before he receive his sack letter from his oga at d top. God bless Nigeria n keep exposing unqualify people in Nig govt.
can you read your comment again and you are criticising sme1 else... smh for u. Remove the log in your eyes so that you can see cleary the log in your oga at the top.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by mikey2fin: 8:31am On Mar 17, 2013
You should be happy that your husband has taken over from GANGNAM Style video cool
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Lusola15: 8:49am On Mar 17, 2013
vicope: BUT SERIOUSLY, SHOULDN'T THE ISSUE OF ALAMIEYESEIGHA'S CLEMENCY BE OF MORE IMPORTANCE TO US THAN THE BLUNDER OF MR SHEM?

No. We destroy good pple family and give clemency to thieves alams and co. I love naija

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Real Reasons Nigerians Are Barred From Jobs In Dubai / After Visit To Hometown, Adamawa Youths "Wash Off Atiku’s Footsteps" / Uloma Nwosu's School Sealed By EFCC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.