Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,200 members, 7,887,520 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:02 AM

'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' (59366 Views)

Twinkle Star Protests At The House Of Ahmadu Ali / Oga At The Top: Wife Didn't Protest At Channels TV / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by vicope: 2:46am On Mar 17, 2013
I stand to be corrected!
The major functions of the NSCDC are to maintain law and order in the society. To protect public installations. To reduce the crime of vandalism, oil theft etc.
If the above is correct, how can commandant Shem's inability to tell the website of the NSCDC translate to him being incompetent in the areas of maintaining law and order, protecting public properties and reducing crime?

If Senate President David Mark cannot tell us the website of the National Assembly of Nigeria (which I suppose he couldn't tell until maybe when this NSCDC saga started), does that mean that David Mark is incompetent to carry out his duty as a lawmaker, peacemaker and representative of the people?
I'm wondering!

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Truckpusher(m): 2:54am On Mar 17, 2013
vicope: I stand to be corrected!
Isn't the majour function of the NSCDC to maintain law and order in the society? To protect public installations? To reduce the crime of vandalism, oil theft etc?
If the above is correct, how can commandant Shem's inability to tell the website of the NSCDC translate to him being incompetent in the areas of maintaining law and order, protecting public properties and reducing crime?

If Senate President David Mark cannot tell us the website of the National Assembly of Nigeria (which I suppose he couldn't tell until maybe when this NSCDC saga started), does that mean that David Mark is incompetent to carry out his duty as a lawmaker, peacemaker and representative of the people?
I'm wondering!
Apparently you have failed to notice that Nigerians are mocking at the inept,corrupt and mismanaged system that brought peeps like him into such sensitive position and not the man in question which makes me label it as a national embarrassment.

The lies he was trying to propagate didn't pain Nigerians that much because all the time we all know that they all lie through their teeth, but the dumb manner in which he went abt lying to smarter people gave him these punches...ONCE AGAIN MY OGA AT THE TOP ....DATZ ALL
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Slimzybaby(m): 2:59am On Mar 17, 2013
vicope: I stand to be corrected!
The major functions of the NSCDC are to maintain law and order in the society. To protect public installations. To reduce the crime of vandalism, oil theft etc.

I'm wondering!
Nice question coming 4rm a sane person...welldone bro
@Truckpusher...ur papa don hold any public office 4 dis country b4?if ur answer is no,then i tink u need to close dat ur stinking mouth.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 3:04am On Mar 17, 2013
[size=13pt]Slimzy baby,

Does someone's father have to hold public office in Nigeria before he or she can criticize? Why is it difficult for some Nigerians to criticize what is wrong? Are you not aware that it's the complacence of Nigerians that gets these incompetent, unprepared, and foolhardy officials into their positions and keeps them there in the first place? They loot, kill, lie, and do whatever else because they know that a lot of the population will continue to "siddown dey look" and pray for better officials and governance to fall upon them. Is that the way forward? If it is, then how far has it gotten us?[/size]

3 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by vicope: 3:04am On Mar 17, 2013
Truckpusher: Apparently you have failed to notice that Nigerians are mocking at the inept,corrupt and mismanaged system that brought peeps like him into such sensitive position and not the man in question which makes me label it as a national embarrassment.

The lies he was trying to propagate didn't pain Nigerians that much because all the time we all know that they all lie through their teeth, but the dumb manner in which he went abt lying to smarter people gave him these punches...ONCE AGAIN MY OGA AT THE TOP ....DATZ ALL
I overheard someone saying he was one of the volunteers who started with the corps when they were not been payed any form of renumeration. That was years ago before the OBJ administration recognized them! In my opinion, he may have deserved to rise to that position, considering his experience, years in office and academic qualification, but I think what went wrong was that he lacked professionalism in public relations! Which is something he should have received training on during the course of his service. I still cannot accept that Mr Shem is TOTALLY incompetent or that he got to that position via favouritism.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Truckpusher(m): 3:04am On Mar 17, 2013
Slimzy baby: Nice question coming 4rm a sane person...welldone bro
@Truckpusher...ur papa don hold any public office 4 dis country b4?if ur answer is no,then i tink u need to close dat ur stinking mouth.
I don't answer to half baked semi-educated mor0ns like you lest i should degenerate to your level...God forbid..Tufiakwa
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 3:13am On Mar 17, 2013
Slimzy baby: @Truckpusher...ur papa don hold any public office 4 dis country b4?if ur answer is no,then i tink u need to close dat ur stinking mouth.
Is this guy for real? He is a Nigerian and as such has the RIGHT to criticize what is wrong.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Slimzybaby(m): 3:14am On Mar 17, 2013
@Ogugua
D fact dat d man is wrong doesn't mean we should mock him to death..d man has been suspended and dat is enough for him.moreover he is nt d first to make such blunder on air...or is he d only person?
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Truckpusher(m): 3:15am On Mar 17, 2013
vicope:
I overheard someone saying he was one of the volunteers who started with the corps when they were not been payed any form of renumeration. That was years ago before the OBJ administration recognized them! In my opinion, he may have deserved to rise to that position, considering his experience, years in office and academic qualification, but I think what went wrong was that he lacked professionalism in public relations! Which is something he should have received training on during the course of his service. I still cannot accept that Mr Shem is TOTALLY incompetent or that he got to that position via favouritism.
Fine... good one bro,but my point here is the corruption in the system which himself can't deny that he never benefited from it is the culprit here,but who practices corruption? we the people are responsible, that means we are our own biggest problem.Over time without numbers i'm dead sure that money would have been allocated to agencies like this to upgrade, train and expose their employees but the money ends up with the 'oga at the top' mafia which he himself will never come clean that he has never at one point or the other benefited immensely from it.

All i'm saying is that the system we have corrupted is now fighting back to show us the alarming rate at which corruption is embedded in our society...so tay the corruption dey struggle to remain afloat..smh

Trust me ,if they have five or more peeps like him in that agency they'll send them for training overnight.Must we always be reactive ?what has happened to being proactive in running an outfit?
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by baby4u2(f): 3:18am On Mar 17, 2013
This joke will die naturally soon. It will get stale and boring.

But one thing is for sure, if all the public officials have some form of technology, they will hope to never be in this guys shoes, ever.

There is no need for back and forth on if he's competent or not, his oga and establishment will decide whether despite his error he can still perform his duties.

Meanwhile what is really the website of this NSCDC. Is there one
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by vicope: 3:23am On Mar 17, 2013
Truckpusher: Fine... good one bro,but my point here is the corruption in the system which himself can't deny that he never benefited from it is the culprit here,but who practices corruption? we the people are responsible, that means we are our own biggest problem.Over time without numbers i'm dead sure that money would have been allocated to agencies like this to upgrade, train and expose their employees but the money ends up with the 'oga at the top' mafia which he himself will never come clean that he has never at one point or the other benefited immensely from it.

All i'm saying is that the system we have corrupted is now fighting back to show us the alarming rate at which corruption is embedded in our society...so tay the corruption dey struggle to remain afloat..smh

Trust me ,if they have five or more peeps like him in that agency they'll send them for training overnight. Must we always be reactive ?what has happened to being proactive in running an outfit?

Well said bro.....well said! I think that should be the impact we hope to get.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by vicope: 3:25am On Mar 17, 2013
baby4u2: This joke will die naturally soon. It will get stale and boring.

But one thing is for sure, if all the public officials have some form of technology, they will hope to never be in this guys shoes, ever.

There is no need for back and forth on if he's competent or not, his oga and establishment will decide whether despite his error he can still perform his duties.

www.nscdc.gov.ng

2 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by marabout(m): 3:25am On Mar 17, 2013
He should cash in on this viral video! Team up with Basket mouth/I go dye etc as an opening act.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Slimzybaby(m): 3:26am On Mar 17, 2013
ItsModella:
Is this guy for real? He is a Nigerian and as such has the RIGHT to criticize what is wrong.
Well am nt criticizing,we should let d man be dats my take.i think suspending him 4rm office is enough,we shuld just move on and 4get all dis..no matter how we mock dis man it wont change anytin.so am just seeing dis whole tin as distraction
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 3:26am On Mar 17, 2013
omo_to_dun:

LMAO grin grin grin. But ogugua is an American.
an emigree
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 17, 2013
OAMJ or whatever dey hide post well-well am sure say nah your oga for top instructions
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Truckpusher(m): 3:28am On Mar 17, 2013
Slimzy baby: Well am nt criticizing,we should let d man be dats my take.i think suspending him 4rm office is enough,we shuld just move on and 4get all dis..no matter how we mock dis man it wont change anytin.so am just seeing dis whole tin as distraction
Must you gag us to get what you want?..haba! see me see Dictator oo
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by marabout(m): 3:30am On Mar 17, 2013
baby4u2: This joke will die naturally soon. It will get stale and boring.

On the contrary. I could find its way into Naija lexicon. As in "Oga at the Top" things/style/situation to symbolise a clueless public official just bluffing his/her way through Naija jungle by pandering/dobale to his/her superiors.

I Cannot categorically tell you more now. Dazall grin

GEJ take note
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 3:31am On Mar 17, 2013
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by vicope: 3:32am On Mar 17, 2013
BUT SERIOUSLY, SHOULDN'T THE ISSUE OF ALAMIEYESEIGHA'S CLEMENCY BE OF MORE IMPORTANCE TO US THAN THE BLUNDER OF MR SHEM?
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Ivynwa(f): 3:34am On Mar 17, 2013
The joke thing shouldn't be done in such a way as to bring unhappiness to his family. The man is only being an average Nigerian speaking his broken English and you can't blame a person if he is not computer literate enough to know how website addresses goes.

If the man harms himself or any of his children who are being embarrassed or even his wife harm themselves in anyway out of the unhappiness and embarrassment, we will all start going "Oh gosh, sorry, rippy and stuff". Anyway I just hope that out of it will come blessings and lifting for the man because sometimes all things work together for good even if it embarrassed you and made you cry at first.

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 3:34am On Mar 17, 2013
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by vicope: 3:37am On Mar 17, 2013
Ivynwa:

The joke thing shouldn't be done in such a way as to bring unhappiness to his family. The man is only being an average Nigerian speaking his broken English and you can't blame a person if he is not computer literate enough to know how website addresses goes.

If the man harms himself or any of his children who are being embarrassed or even his wife harm themselves in anyway out of the unhappiness and embarrassment, we will all start going "Oh gosh, sorry, rippy and stuff". Anyway I just hope that out of it will come blessings and lifting for the man because sometimes all things work together for good even if it embarrassed you and made you cry at first.
Thank U
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 3:37am On Mar 17, 2013
omo_to_dun:

I doubt it. I believe she was born there. I have heard her speak and she sounded very American. So either she was born there or she went there as a young child. In either case, it doesn't matter, she is still an American. And by the way, I assumed you meant immigrant.

No. I meant a Nigerian Emiggree i.e. she left Nigeria and is settled there and besides her ascent has nothing to do with being an American. She can't be more American than the former Governor of California and also I hear a lot of fake ascents in shopping malls in Lagos but what disqualifies her as an american is dating that loser in Romance -sexkillz
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Truckpusher(m): 3:39am On Mar 17, 2013
Ivynwa:

The joke thing shouldn't be done in such a way as to bring unhappiness to his family. The man is only being an average Nigerian speaking his broken English and you can't blame a person if he is not computer lietrate enough to know how website addresses goes.

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 3:44am On Mar 17, 2013
vicope:
Thank you...this joke hv got to stop...the man and his family must stay focused to allow time kill the joke...they have to be mentally strong!! BTW from a +ive angle, the commandant and his family are now celebs, they hv just created something. they youths should redirect their attention on those politicians stealing billions of naira

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar In Kogi For Presidential Campaign Rally (Photos) / "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) / Shooting At Douglas Owerri As Gunmen Try To Take Over Hausa Settlement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.