Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:41 AM

'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' (59323 Views)

Twinkle Star Protests At The House Of Ahmadu Ali / Oga At The Top: Wife Didn't Protest At Channels TV / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by phineas: 11:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
Naptu where do you get your resources? May ur ink never run dry.

To the matter @ hand,its no longer about the comandant,really,its simply passive aggresion on the part of the Nigerian youths to the high handedness of the prior generation.Its anger @ failed governance,stolen opportunities,broken dreams,unmet expectations,inapproriate bullying by....let's say the powers that be.

Have you ever lost a position,a contract,a bidding,an idea,an opportunity because of frustrations from the "powers from above" now known as "the oga @ the top"

Someone articulated this unspoken truth in the system,(maybe unintentionally) and every Nigerian youth recognized it,identified with it,and displayed their anger,passive aggression @ the oppression styled in humour.its more than a failure to remember a site,its about the culture of hubris,that in Nigeria there's a glass ceiling,always there by an Oga @ the top and that is what the people rebel @,not rejoice @,its passive aggresive,and its unfortunate the comandant became the mascot for it.

In Pr when an error has occurred,the first thing is to admit the mistake,explain how it came about,explain what has been done to correct it,and explain further what steps are been taken to ensure it does not occur again in future.I think the org should focus on doing that on the job racket scandal,it will be nice if they used the comandant again,with or without a PR person this time while he answers questions on operational issues.That may redeem his Image.

But on this oga @ the top matter,sadly it exists,and in acknowledging it publicly by all,has come to stay.

3 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by forkadict(m): 11:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
victorazy: Dear All, I'd like to ask that we do please be a bit more responsible with our use of social media specifically regarding the 'Oga at the top matter' it may have made for a good laugh in the beginning..but now its an overkill, with Tshirts, viral videos,pple following the man's children on twitter...these have now become abit too heavy! His wife went to channels to protest his inability to sleep! Do we need a suicide case on our hands just for a few laughs?- pls let's 'keep it down!'..not to mention that we are further hurting our country's image when we go viral with these..Pls be sensitive. End it! Don't forward videos, any thing viral, don't comment on websites etc. Help a man here afterall we all don't get obvious things right all the time...pls forward!
***On my knees..for the sake of His family({})
~Ayo-Rawlings, Pelumi George. ~ Akintoye Benson~ Abiola,Ganiat.. Victorazy... Dats all:|

Ok. Ok I don hear u. But u no dat I can't stop d joke from propagating as per say d tin don pass my power. But let me ask my oga @ d top if he can stop dis joke.

I'm so loving dis joke. Na jonathan I want make he fork up like dat make we take am laf
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by jude33084(m): 11:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
emperorchedda: Y'all shud stop dis s.hit...d joke is now overused and getting extremely boring...let's all grow up plzz!

I think you should direct that to your gov officials.

Tell them to grow up undecided

How I wish same should be done to our corrupt leaders wink
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 16, 2013
What else can I say that all ye nairalanders havent said?

well.. oma se o undecided
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Gistwitherico(m): 11:06pm On Mar 16, 2013
Woman go and rest joor! Your husband is dull and does not know his work.., he shud be fired and more national debates/interviews shud be called for top officials in this country. Mtschew
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by jude33084(m): 11:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
chiboy11: my friend in uk just told me dey re laffin at al of us now cuse of dis, make una stop ooh cuse d laff now hz xtended 2 every body

That your friend normal so undecided
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by obi123: 11:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
phineas: Naptu where do you get your resources? May ur ink never run dry.

To the matter @ hand,its no longer about the comandant,really,its simply passive aggresion on the part of the Nigerian youths to the high handedness of the prior generation.Its anger @ failed governance,stolen opportunities,broken dreams,unmet expectations,inapproriate bullying by....let's say the powers that be.

Have you ever lost a position,a contract,a bidding,an idea,an opportunity because of frustrations from the "powers from above" now known as "the oga @ the top"

Someone articulated this unspoken truth in the system,(maybe unintentionally) and every Nigerian youth recognized it,identified with it,and displayed their anger,passive aggression @ the oppression styled in humour.its more than a failure to remember a site,its about the culture of hubris,that in Nigeria there's a glass ceiling,always there by an Oga @ the top and that is what the people rebel @,not rejoice @,its passive aggresive,and its unfortunate the comandant became the mascot for it.

In Pr when an error has occurred,the first thing is to admit the mistake,explain how it came about,explain what has been done to correct it,and explain further what steps are been taken to ensure it does not occur again in future.I think the org should focus on doing that on the job racket scandal,it will be nice if they used the comandant again,with or without a PR person this time while he answers questions on operational issues.That may redeem his Image.

But on this oga @ the top matter,sadly it exists,and in acknowledging it publicly by all,has come to stay.

may your path never be narrow, i cant add or subtract from your comment
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 16, 2013
If it was Tonto Dike or Justin Beiber that was being mocked, many people here wouldn't have gone all sentimental oo. But because it's an oga who lied like a learner, we're supposed to pity him...it's ok.

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
Please folks, let's stop this so it doesn't lead to something tragic..
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by azimibraun: 11:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
What wll it profit u guys to destroy dis Man and his family? Put urself and family in dia shoes. I am begging u ppl 2 stop dis and dis wicked seun guy shld stop playing God. Death with shame awaits u guys who wll nt stop dis if ur wicked action leads to any harm to dis gentleman and his family. A weak person wld hv commited suicide. Hv u guys nt hv enof? Are u waiting 2 hear d Man is dead his wife or his son hs stabbed smeone to death or hs bin stabbed to death as a result of ppl mocking dem? Wt wll dis Man's death gv u ppl? A man who is dwn fears no fall, ur relative cld b d one who may pay d ultimate price over dis. 2 very close friend in kogi hv already fought demselves over dis issue and more that we dnt knw yet because ppl are seperated on dis.

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by naptu2: 11:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
phineas: Naptu where do you get your resources? May ur ink never run dry.

Thanks for your first paragraph. Your 5th paragraph explains the real reason this has become such a big issue. If there's an error, admit the error and explain what steps you are taking to correct it. Imagine if he simply said that he did not know, but that he would get the address for them later. Better still, imagine if he had prepared for a show about fake websites by ensuring he knew the real web address.

But what did he do? He tried to act like one of our past military rulers by lying and bluffing his way through and citizens are determined to tell him and other public officials that we are no longer under military rule. This they are doing by ridiculing the man. Other public officials should learn from this and watch out.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by ralphorb(m): 11:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
This man must not be demoted or sacked, he has done nothing to hurt no body. Parherps, he was loyal to his boss and also dischaarging his duty.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Eltas: 11:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
MAY GOD GIVE THIS MAN THE STRENGTH TO SCALE THROUGH THIS TRIAL PERIOD. I REALLY PITY FOR HIM. HE BECOME PUPALAR IN A NEGATIVE WAY. HOW WILL I FEEL IF THIS HAPPEN TO ME, MY BROTHER OR DAD. AM DEEPLY TOUCHED BY THE WAY PPL AR GOING ABOUT THE WHOLE THING...

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Ebestsmscom: 11:15pm On Mar 16, 2013
I just watched the video now.Channels tv no try all.

When they saw what the man was trying to cover up, they themselves knew that the man doesn't know the website, if you look at their faces on the video you will notice it, and they should have covered the man by ignoring their website than making it mandatory and repeating the question.

Secondly they shouldn't have publish the video online.
Some kids future is at stick here.

This has done more harm than good.

Although the man should know the website of the organization he is representing but in such situation, I will just take it as a family man (many wahala on the head) moreover he may not be a computer literate.

To be honest I laughed when I watched the video and it MUST end there.

No more oga at the top, I can sense the pain of the kids and the wife.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by azimibraun: 11:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
A guy is on Nairaland moking a Man who hs a wife and kids because of an information he cldnt provide in an interview, nw ur broda or sister gts in2 an argument with sombody over d Man who are moking and ur broda or sister moves frm arguint to fighting and it gets messy and ur broda or sis gets stabbed or stabs d oda person.. Dts as easy as Karma works the first death and all deaths dt wll come as a result of this matter will nt b frm d man's family..
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by dougivilla(m): 11:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
fine boy abbey: Okay I ithink we shld let this poor man have his breath sincerlly the joke has been over used. Its high time we stop dis madness afterall GEJ was on cnn the other tym made the same error kept saying parson pardon when he was out of point
Must you bring GEJ into everything? See ur own out of point grammar sef!!!

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by azimibraun: 11:23pm On Mar 16, 2013
It is clear that this whole "oga on top"thing hs bin hijacked by some blood sucking demons and are looking for ppls blood tru it. None of my family member wll wear shirts or anything abt it. D devil hs hijacked it. U guys take a second and think wts special abt dis dt it hs generated so mch interest? Even T shirts and blouse bin produced. I see d devil looking for blood tru dis.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 16, 2013
Shebi our oga is now suicidal and cannot sleep? What of those that were scammed by all those numerous and fake websites? Do you know if they slept well afterwards? Some are blaming the Channels presenters for drilling him? Some even said they should have covered up for him. Try watching an interview being headed by Christiane Amanpour or Piers Morgan. They go in hard and that is what journalism is all about, you keep wearing them out, you drill them till you get answers. He could have saved himself by saying the truth. Would it have killed him to say the truth? But no, he goofed and I'm supposed to pity him? Please, our oga screwed up big time. End of story.

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by azimibraun: 11:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
Dis is not ordinary anymore. Warn ur friends and family members nt to engage in arguments with anyone abt dis issue o! I hv a feeling dis is d devil @ work and d devil does nt come without destruction. Am glad my immediate family members are on d same page with me on dis. This issue if we as God's children dnt contain it, it wll consume lives. Everywia u go nw, u meet 2 diff camps arguing dis. If ppl talk for 2 long, dey use dia hands and den weapons.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by aalex1: 11:31pm On Mar 16, 2013
D man deserves d ridicule as anyone who is in position of ofis bt dnt knw tins abt d ofis only how 2 chop money.if U̶̲̥̅̊ knw how much a man in his position is collecting,he is supposed to knw evrytin abt d ofis.we're not talkin abt allowances and all.dats why dese ppl misuse deir positions.cos dey dnt knw wat d ofis is abt and how 2 handle it.wen our leaders start knowin wat deir ofis and governance are abt,dey'll start putin d masses first and lead well.
NB...note dat dis message was sanctioned by "my oga at d top"
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by redsun(m): 11:31pm On Mar 16, 2013
It is a revelation that urgently needs to be corrected to free up Nigeria. People have to know their places and earn their worth.

A replica behavior of a typical nigerian police officer,army,navy,custom,immigration,church workers,civil servants,private employees,politician,infact,it is a reflection of nigerian work ethics and society.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Truckpusher(m): 11:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
azimibraun: Dis is not ordinary anymore. Warn ur friends and family members nt to engage in arguments with anyone abt dis issue o! I hv a feeling dis is d devil @ work and d devil does nt come without destruction. Am glad my immediate family members are on d same page with me on dis. This issue if we as God's children dnt contain it, it wll consume lives. Everywia u go nw, u meet 2 diff camps arguing dis. If ppl talk for 2 long, dey use dia hands and den weapons.
i'll ask my oga at the top if i should listen to you tongue
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Lanretoye(m): 11:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
some of us are simply silly,the positions that that are to be filled by competent youths are held by old fools and yet we pity them if God is helpin us to bring them shame.the man can not even speak correct english and he manage to hold such a position.
now that he has also managed to damage the reputation of hiz oga at the top and himself,let him face the consequences.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by DaJulee(f): 11:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
Believe me Nigerians and channel TV, If this man die through suicide na una hand the blood dey o.....make una leave that man alone....As for Channels Tv they are the foolish one, how can they be throwing question on the man here and there, is it a law court or a little interview?.or is this wat ur oga on top ask u to do to the man? we all know; Mistake is a respecter of mr nobody....I don talk my own.....
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by theOGAatTHEtop: 11:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
Is dazz all?

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 16, 2013
Da Julee: Believe me Nagerians and channel TV, If this man die through suicide na una hand the blood dey o.....make una leave that man alone....As for Channels Tv they are the foolish one, how can they be throwing question on the man here and there, is it a law court or a little interview?. we all know; Mistake is a respecter of mr nobody....I don talk my own.....
are you serious? undecided undecided
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Hilaskee(m): 11:36pm On Mar 16, 2013
Some people here making lots of noise don't even know their mobile phone number, their birthday, their children school name. I bet there are simple and primary school questions that a lot of people making noise about this man cannot answer. Do you know if the Oga is so monopolistic of information and will not have them trainned on IT issues or even the web designers may have not givem them details of the site. What I am summarily trying to say is dat no one is perfect and above mistake on earth. Pls let's leave dis man alone plsssssssssssssss!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Real Reasons Nigerians Are Barred From Jobs In Dubai / After Visit To Hometown, Adamawa Youths "Wash Off Atiku’s Footsteps" / Uloma Nwosu's School Sealed By EFCC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.